3 Weeks PO from T Inscion Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Without Implants - California, CA

Hello everyone. I had a tummy tuck with breast...

Hello everyone.
I had a tummy tuck with breast lift on November 9th. I feel like I really need someone to talk to, and someone to understand me. While I am sooo thrilled with my nice smooth flat tummy, recovery has been horrid for me.

First I ended up having to get the T incision tummy tuck or also called fluer de lis tummy tuck, so I have the normal hip to hip incision but also have a incision vertically down the middle of my stomach from pubic area to middle of breasts. I did tell the doctor to do whatever he needed to do to with my tummy tuck because i did have a lot of fat and skin. Maybe it was just wishful thinking that I could get away with only the hip to hip incision. I've been down about this because I feel like its making my healing time slower... I still cant stand straight due to the uncomfortable tightness , especially in my upper abdomen where the vertical incision is. Also my new belly button and the incision right below it has been giving me problems. I seeps and seeps a puss like substance, and i've been on antibiotics for 3 weeks, i've washed it, let it dry, rinse repeat, its a constant struggle. And while my doctor does admit it not being normal, he is not too worried about it yet.

The vertical incision right below my belly button is also opening slightly and it also seeps a liquid.. *sigh*

What is sad is I am usually a very happy go lucky person, but lately I have been such a grump and so genuinely sad, almost wishing I didn't do all of this to myself.

My breast lift I am hoping will fix itself in time but right now its just also depressing me. I will attach a photo to show you, the left breast is significantly bigger and also the nipple is much higher than the right, the right breast is completely flat on the underside and has started to kinda sag and the nipple faces downward, while the right nipple faces upwards :(
Has anyone had this happen and it eventually fixed itself? I know all the muscles in there still need to settle down.

I also have 2 children, one of them is 20 months old and my hubby has gone back to work. It's been really hard because I cannot, no matter how hard i try, i cannot pick him up yet... not to mention me trying to chase him around the house hunched over with horrid back pain..
My hubby was a wonderful help the first 2 weeks of my post op, now he pretty much tells me in a nice way to get over it and push through the pain.. which maybe thats what i need to do?

I really do love my doctor, he is a wonderful surgeon... just this belly button issue, slow healing, still being semi immobilized, and my uneven breasts really gets me down...

Maybe I just need someone to smack me out of it... I try to tell myself everyday this is only temporary and when this is all over i will be super hot! lol

Ohhh it feels so good to finally vent to someone! Thank you ladies!

I have my 4 week check up today. So I think I will...

I have my 4 week check up today. So I think I will mention some of my concerns to my PS. Wish me luck! :)

Hey there. No posts and no pictures,,, are you ok? You are making your cyber buddies worry!
Hi just wondering how you are getting on? I had a Fluer de Lise and it sounds like I'm having the same problem. I'm 4 weeks post op and the join at the T is not healing. It's a mix of weepy clear fluid and puss.
Just checking in to see how you are doing!
Sorry it's been rough :/ I had some complications of my own but it gets better for us all. This too shall pass!
I had a BR done and they took too much. It's great your doc didn't. It takes a while for them to take shape. After week 2 My doc told me to go get a bra that had a great shape that I wanted my breast to look like. I got a VS no underwire one and wore them everyday even to bed. I swear that by 3-4 months PO they looked just like the bra. Unfortunately because he took to much after becoming a runner I lost all the fullness. The openings are completely normal my PS says. I want to post a pic of mine but they are scary looking and I wouldn't want to freak people out because everyone is different. Mine were caused by stitches trying to "Spit" themselves out. SO maybe check to see if that is the cause. My ps removes them as they come to the surface. Wishing you the best. Stay positive!!
thank you so much tattoomama! your words are very encouraging. p.s i also have tattoos as you can see from my photos lol! and im also in san diego :)
Isn't it funny we chose "tattoo" names! LOL! Ill have to pm you maybe we can sit in our recliners together. Haha
haha yes!!! that would be awesome :p
I feel ya girl! And so far everything you are feeling is pretty normal, from a lot of stories I've read on here. I'm in the same boat. My husband went back to work also, and that was hard for me. I was so jealous. I am day 13 post op. had to go under twice because of hematoma after first drain was removed. Now have two drains but actually starting to finally feel a little better. I was such a negative person right after mine. I feel bad and guilty for being a turd because I chose to do this. I just can't wait to be standing up straight, with flat tummy and my girls back in place, and feel sexy. Haven't shaved my legs in 2 weeks, can't wait for that either! Lol! Good luck girl! Keep your head up!! We are all in this crappy spot together :-) but some day there will be a bunch of us sexies running around with all our body killing kids in tow!
How are you feeling today?? :)
Hi Me! I am feeling ok today :) Thanks for asking. I am home alone today, while hubby is at work and the kids are with grandma, so i have been resting a lot and getting a few chores done too. How are you?
I had my Pre-Op and finally feeling excited! I'm glad that you are able to get up and move around a bit!! I hope that you are not pushing yourself too hard!!
How are you? How did your check up go? I feel for you girl. The recovery can be super emotional, even if our results look amazing. I think no matter what, you won't be eligible for a revision surgery until 6 months post op at the earliest. Unless, there is a terrible seroma or bad infection that needs immediate surgical attention. I can relate to you b/c I have young children too. It's really difficult to care for them when you can't pick them up. I had help until 10 days post op, then I started carrying my baby (17 lbs). I still haven't lifted my toddler (27 lbs), well once out of dire need and I popped two stitches! I was really upset. Anyway, I think you look great. Your transformation is remarkable. And you are very early in your recovery. Things will change each week. Take a deep breath. Look at your before pics some more. That helped me a lot to gain perspective. Hang in there mama!! Get some help with your 20 month old if you can, even part time help would be good. I try to rest as much as I can. I heard it helps keep swelling to a minimum and that helps prevent your abdomen from stretching too much during early recovery which affects the final result. Lots of luck to you!! And HUGS!!!
Hello Skinny Thank you so much for your kind words. The doctor discovered a new opening underneath my tapes today, which is a really deep hole, so I'm bummed of course, but hoping for the best that it wont grow into a bigger hole. I know how lucky I am to have this procedure done, and I know I'm going to look great, and eventually I will feel great too. But I cant lie, the road to recovery is a long one. lol
Oh no, sorry to hear about the hole discovered today under your tape. I hope it closes up soon too. When do you go back again to see your PS?
I go back next Wednesday :)
I know you are in pain right now, but you look wonderful. Just keep going to your PS with your concerns!
thanks me! i love my new tummy, just ready to feel normal again :p
Good luck:-) I have/had some openings it was due to stitches being rejected by my body. Now that the nurse took them up the openings are healing;-) Sorry u are down I know that feeling. It's such an up Nd down recovery and they don't really tell u that part
thanks blonde! im sorry to hear you had openings as well, but i am glad they are healing up. Sadly, i have a new opening right in my hip to hip inscion that is basically a hole now.. ugh! the ps took out some internal stiches so I'm hoping that helps and the hole heals up instead of grows bigger. The recovery is a rollercoaster ride, thats for sure.
It's so hard having openings. I bet it gets better. Mine is slowly greeting better:-) It us such a roller coaster ride!!!!!!

You poor thing. That sounds like a rough recovery. I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf and vented to us. That's one of the things we're here for! :)

I hope you'll keep us posted as you continue to heal. And if you have a specific question for a doctor, feel free to post, with a photo, in the Doctor Q&A community.

thank you angie :) thats very kind of you
Hey Rock you look great and it will all be worth it! Healing is a slow process just like the fat we gained ;)..it has ups and downs please try to keep you head up. I too have belly button issues and had to go back to have it cleaned, scrapped, burned and re stitched last week. I pray for you to fine strength for you and your babies. You will be great in another week or 2 so just hang on..Big Hugs
thank you so much! :)