Poor Results from Fat Grafting Around Eyes - California

I had a fat grafting around my eyes over 5 months...

I had a fat grafting around my eyes over 5 months ago. The effect has been poor. One eye has triple creases while the crease on the other one is gone because of the puffiness caused by the drapping fat. The doctor told me fat transfer is not permanent and I would need to go back for a refill in 8 to 12 months. I do not plan to go back to that surgeon at all or getting another fat grafting.

Pro: Eye bags are gone

Con: Uneven upper lids, puffiness

I did it because the doctor insisted this is the procedure I should use for the result I wanted - fuller, rounder eyes

I just wanted to know if it is true that the fat will be desolved and I can at least get back my pre-surgery look? Or I should start researching for another surgeon to fix my eyes? Thanks

I too went to Dr Mark Berman and had a similar bad outcome requiring me to seek help for removal from another Doctor in Beverly Hills known for fat graft removals.
Dr. George Yang in NYC.
Dr. George Yang - NYC Call us toll-free at (877) 692-3223, or for local calls (212) 787-7188, Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM. - See more at: http://georgeyangmd.com/contact-us/#.UmXfJhYTthA
Well, if you have the money, there is a plastic surgeon in NYC who understand eyes. Yes, they need to because we are all shaped differently. I have seen his work and it is awesome.
who is the dr in nyc? pls advise
I will get it for you. There is also someone in Philly that specializes in Asian eyes - correction as well as enhancement.
whats the name of the dr in nyc? pls answer
what is the name of the dr in nyc? pls answer
See above.
pls. advise who is in philly
what is the dr name in philly ? im asian thanks
OMG this dr gave you Asian eyes:(
The "after" picture shows a brow lift that could be the cause of the asymetry.
First option: botox (2u) in the left frontal muscle.
Second option (I prefer this one) 1cc of fat injected in the upper eyelid (under the muscle but in front of the septum). Good luck!
So you had a a second procedure done? Asian with olive blue eyes whatever your still pretty and if it makes you happy I'm thinking of getting this procedure I've heard good results but still but yours is in Cali and I live there as well Palmdale and I'm in the same boat
The pictures don't look too different if you consider the proportions, the eye with triple crease, and nose bridge. DUH!
I understand Robert : the two pictures really look like two different persons, I must admit.
I'm glad you, more or less, managed to remove that fat from your eye. What i don't understand which is the eye you are complaing about of the two, sure they are not symetrical :-( It looks to me like if your right eyebrow is fuller (i guess it's the fat graft - that looks good to me)while the left one junction between eyelid and eyebrow were not filled up enough.
Robert said "I don't think you needed it on the upper eyes at all. Gravity takes care of that area already it's not normally an area fat is injected to."
God, how untrue ! I LOVE full and fatty eyebrows that show very little eyelid, mine is not like that and the older i grow, the skinnier this part get, it looks like if my eyes have started sinking into the orbit, it gives you a "skeleton glance". Trouble is that "hollow eyes" are not easy to be treated and fat transfer and hyaluronic acid are the only solutions, but still risky. Honestly, i prefer by far a droopy upper eye-lid !
@Goodfacegonebad: I am sorry for not replying. Somehow I missed the email notification of your post. I did find a different doctor. It was last June. He fixed me. I can't say I am 100% how I want it but close enough. Like you said, people need to be very, very careful with this procedure. My first doctor told me the effect is not permanent as the fat will dissolve in 6 to 12 months. This is not true. Not to me at least. I waited for 8 months, seeing the fat is still there (I can actually jiggle the fat underneath the skin with my finger!!) and decided to go for a second procedure to get it fixed. The second doctor who fixed me took out the fat graft for me. I heard the nurse asked which was the natural fat and which was the fat graft. Doc told her the yellowish ones are the fat graft (kind of weird to hear people discussing it when they were operating you lol) Anyway, I am happier now. Not 100% but I have to be "Glass Half Full"...The second doctor didn't go in to take out the fat injected under eye. But since it have been almost two years now, most of the fat is gone. However it actually left me a weird hallow concave under my eyes which were accentuated by the still swollen high cheekbone area. :(

Yours2love and Goodfacegonebad: Wishing both of you best of luck that you will find a fix.
hi, you said "The second doctor didn't go in to take out the fat injected under eye. But since it have been almost two years now, most of the fat is gone. However it actually left me a weird hallow concave under my eyes which were accentuated by the still swollen high cheekbone area" Do you mean that your fat grafting on under eyes has gone away naturally after 2 years?i need to fix upper eyelid with fat injection, but im so afraid that fat grafting wouldnt last and it would give me triple fold. please reply, i would really appreciate your help. thanks!
Fat grafting only last for one year mostly even the procedure is successful and the result is satisfying. If you like the result, it means in about 12-16 months, you will have to go back to retouch it. That's why most doctor will harvest enough fat from you, in order for you to come back in a year for retouch. Two of my more mature lady friends have satisfying results with fat grafting to reduce aging eye look and they have to go back regularly to repeat the procedure.
thank you for the prompt reply. the fats on your right eye are gone now?
also, your eyes formed triple lid after some sort of double eyelid surgery or you naturally had triple fold? thanksss =)
Yup. Fat is all gone, leaving behind is the hallow undereye. So I always look tired because of that. I learned to accept it though. Dwelling on it will just make me obsessed and not doing me any good :) Good luck with your journey. Remember to ask a lot of questions and do not rush in making a decision!!
It was naturally like that but they only folded triple when I lowered my head while looking up, or when I opened my eyes really wide. :)
sorry, i meant the fat grafting on your right upper eyelid. gone too? yeah dont wanna make bad decision again.. thats why im doing my research now =(