Fat Transfer - Gambling with Your Face - California

I really liked my face.In hindsight,the minimal...

I really liked my face.In hindsight,the minimal "refreshing" I wanted was something that at my age should have been done with fillers.

Myth 1) It's non-invasive.I was shocked at my appearance after the procedure and was swollen for months.It invaded my life.

Myth 2) It improves skin texture.For all this stem cell talk,I didn't get it. In addition to the broken capillaries,minor injection site marks and rippling at the doner site,my skin looked stretched and had an orange peel appearance when the swelling finally went down. The $4,000 I'd spent on Total FX 6 months earlier to perfect my skin was a total waste after this procedure. I'm now going through another less invasive round of skin resurfacing.

Myth 3) An unpredictable permanent fat solution is better and more cost-effective than other more predictable fillers.If you're willing to risk the probability of permanent lumps and irregularities then go for it.If you can afford to pay to fix the possibility of problems,then take the risk. If you're prepared to use even more fillers to correct the asymmetry and areas that weren't filled so everything matches, go for it. If you are prepared to never look the same, sign up. If you are convinced you won't gain weight and inflate the unwanted transferred fat - then do it. I wasn't prepared for those things and I am one very sad person who didn't know what I had until it was gone.

Tip 1) Don't go for the most charismatic doctor. Go for the critical perfectionist who seriously discusses the cons and takes the time to analyze your face and it's current imperfections.

Tip 2) Have him/her draw a picture of exactly where the injections will be so you aren't surprised where they end up.

Tip 3) Establish expectations. Ask how long you will be swollen and what constitutes swelling vs. final results. Ask what the plan is if you aren't satisfied with the results.

Tip 4) Look at his/her staff. Do you like what you see? They've often had something done and you may be able to gauge how conservative or extreme the doctor may be.

Tip 5) Don't just fall for "stock" photos or carefully selected picture books.

Please note: I'm just sharing my experience and opinion. Some people may benefit from this procedure.

Where was this done
Original FT was done in Newport Beach, CA. If you are looking at specific doctors in this area, feel free to PM me.
Hey Carol11 - Please keep everyone posted as you heal. Just like you - many people are looking for the secret sauce to fix this! If you've found it, we'll want to know!!!

I've described my process for F/T removal toward...

I've described my process for F/T removal toward the bottom of this review. The process has included 5FU injections, fillers, and Micro-lip. I'm not done yet, but you can get an idea of what this all entails. What you'll find is that fat is easy to stick in, and not so easy to get it out!!

I'm so happy for you! I hope this works out for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

9 DAYS POST MICRO-LIPO F/T REMOVAL: I'm still a bit bruised and swollen, but there is definite improvement and I can cover the color with a some "beige magic". Many of the "phantom lumps" I was told I wasn't feeling with my imaginary hands around the "new cheeks" I didn't ask for from the original doctor "I only wish I'd imagined". . . are gone. The volume under the eyes is reduced. One eye's contour is close to being restored. The other is still wait and see. At this point, the final outcome isn't evident. After 10 months of hell I didn't even remember what I looked like, but I will tell you I saw someone more familiar in the mirror a couple days ago. For any of you who have gone through this, I'm sure you can appreciate what that felt like. I don't know if this is as good as will get or if there is more that can be done. . but I can tell you that there is hope and I'm closer than I thought I would be 3 months ago. This experience has been expensive, exhausting, isolating and depressing beyond what I ever thought possible. . . but today I'll counting my blessings and hope that one day I won't look down when people approach me, won't have to wear my hair like Cousin IT to hide, and can put away contant Jackie 'O accessory once and for all. . . I look nuts wearing sunglasses in the grocery store at 8pm at night!
FAT REMOVAL MICRO-LIPO UPDATE: I went in for my procedure yesterday. I had some Valium and the area was anesthetized, but I was awake. It was great because my Dr. talked to me about what he was doing at each step and I could communicate areas of concern. (He had also marked me up and showed me his intentions before we even started.) I knew what was going on the whole time. Here's the story: From what I can see, there was really only one tiny area of entry and on each cheek. The sound of the instrument going through the grisly fat and scar tissue is interesting to say the least, but there was very minimal discomfort. I was in mild pain for about two hours post procedure and that was about it. My doctor said he was happy with the amount he was able to remove. I won't know the final results for up to 2 months and I can't even begin to tell what's going on at this point. I'm very bruised and swollen, but nothing unexpected. For some reason, I had a lot of scar tissue. Doctors don't tell you about that when they sell you on doing this crazy procedure. The 5FU treatments I had helped, but the micro broke the tissue up further.Having gone through this nightmare, I just don't get how anyone can tell you that injecting your own fat back your face is completely natural. The fat feels different and IS different! My Dr. did say that for whatever reason, any fat strands that are left behind can continue to grow which was interesting and a bit disconcerting. He also said that you can disrupt the fat one month to 6 weeks immediately after this procedure. I wish I'd known. I would have considered it is because I knew immediately post procedure that the fat wasn't where I'd wanted it. It wasn't just the swelling. That said, my original doctor said that everything looked "perfect". In truth, if it's just swelling, you have to give it time. If you've had this procedure very recently and are concerned about the placement of the fat, you can do something about it sooner than later. I'm so fortunate to have found my new doctor. I'm not going to be perfect and I will always need fillers to fix irregularities and slackened skin, but I'm hoping to somewhat restore my original contours. I'll continue to post.This isn't over, but I'm getting closer.

Here's where the story ends: 3 weeks post micro...

Here's where the story ends: 3 weeks post micro lipo and things are going well. As a critical perfectionist, I'll always see the flaws but I'm blessed to have found a skilled Dr. who was able to undo much of the damage. There are some things I have to accept. You can never go back and I'm a year older, the stress has taken it's toll and my once big smile is now tainted with utter fatigue. . ..but it's time to move on. I can at least have a photo taken without looking like someone shoved little sausage links up the side of my nose. I've never publicly announced the Dr. who did this to me. . .the one who took a year off my life and bank account so that he could make a car payment.However,I will confirm that it is Dr. Jonathan Hoenig in LA who has been meticulous in his approach to correcting this. We'll continue with fillers to tweak things and slowly I'm re-entering life. I went out to dinner in my town for the first time in almost a year and held my head up. It was hard, but baby steps. For everyone who comes to this site for hope. . It's there. . .but it doesn't come without patience, research and a price! Good luck everyone.
Quino, do you want to se pictures? The dr was too aggresive with my tissue and i told him to inject fat into my lips instead he clearly manipulated the tissues , i can post pics if u want,
Hi,I'd like to see pictures if ur comfortable with posting them or send me a pm and I can give you my email. I'll send u a pic of mu undereye/temple and cheek areas and my duck lip.
It wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if this "dr" manipulated your tissues, it's sad that I had to go to him.
Fat Transfer has been around for Many Many years and there's a reason it has a low rating. While I'm so happy for those who have had success, the ones who haven't have some horrible stories to tell. It is a very unpredictable procedure and there are very few Doctors with the skill who truly specialize in this to pull it off successfully. With all the hoopla around Stem cell research and the dream of permanent solutions to the age old aging challenge. . . we may see more and more Doctors jumping into this and selling you on the "Dream". Meanwhile, you are "test tube" experiment so they can place their stake in the sand as an expert in this arena. This is just my opinion,and there is a place for this procedure. . but buyer beware. Again. . .do your homework and weigh the significant risk versus the potential reward.

The Trade-off: I'm about 5 weeks out from my Micro...

The Trade-off: I'm about 5 weeks out from my Micro and I continue to deflate. My doctor did a good job and my contours are coming back, but you all need to know the trade-off. Yes,some things are fixable. However, I've put my face through hell this year. I now have hollows I never had and probably wouldn't have had based on genetics. I also have a lot of slack skin and poor texture. Ironically, I'll need to be filled to fix that. This expectation was completely set going into my micro. You can't inflate and deflate and torture your face for a year without ramification. I look worse than when I started, but better than I did with the improperly placed fat. I go back for assessment in about 3 weeks. Again, if you decide to do this or are thinking of fixing an FT. . .I'm just providing my experience based on my personal choices.
Freja, I truly apologize for missing thanking you this morning. I truly appreciate the love and compassion you and the others have shown by responding and offering advice and support.

When I awoke today I was in the first stages of daily panic and was reading here with hope and angst, and didn't absorb everything until I came back and reread with a more rational mind. :-)

Hugs to all of you, and thanks so much.
Thank you, thank you, both "good face gone bad" and "notsogood." It's wonderful to have your support, concern and advice first thing this morning. It eased my angst a little and will help me through this day.

My heart breaks for both of you, as well as others, and all you've been through. This situation is so very different from any other kind of emotional trauma. Our face, and especially the eyes, define who we are! After reading the stories here, I am counting my blessings that I didn't have anything done to my eyes, and said a prayer last night for all our "sisters" who have been harmed by these procedures.

My followup visit is scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday, July 5th). I have been through several medical crises in my life, but this has had me more upset than anything else. It's just such a helpless feeling. The info here is so very helpful. I want to be forearmed with advice from others who are going through (or have gone through) this, so I will be a little stronger in asking questions to try to find out where this is going to lead, and to be more assertive with the doctor.

I will check back in tomorrow after the visit to let you know the outcome.

God bless all of you, and I will keep all of us in my prayers.
Heartbroken...don't worry yet. You are only at a week and have a long way to go, but you will be much better by next week. I would do ice packs for sure. I had a bad experience with fat transfer, but it was with my eyes only. The rest of the face went okay. My mouth still feels a little weird at 8 weeks, (ie smiling doessn't feel natural yet) but its not real noticable to others. Just be grateful you didn't have your eyes done...thats the disaster zone. These doctors never listen to us do they? I asked for "under filling" and he ended putting 60ccs in my face...WAY too much. Most of the complaints however are with the eyes...not the mouth. So you have a good chance of healing pretty soon. By 4-6 weeks you should be much better.

The final step is where I should have started:...

The final step is where I should have started: Almost a year to the date that I basically lost my mind and made the fateful decision to go through with this procedure, I'm looking much, much better. It has been a journey I wouldn't wish on anyone and I've lost a lot along the way. Apparently I was suppose to learn a very important lesson about what happens when you think you have to be perfect. Things can go REALLY, REALLY wrong. All I ever needed was some Restylane. Thousands and thousands of dollars later, I will still always need Restylane:). Remember that when someone promises a permanent solution. . .it may end up being a permanent problem. Are you prepared for that? I feel really lucky to have been fixed to the extent that I've been fixed, but I'll never be perfect. And you no what? After all this, if I'm smart, I'll quit before I gamble my new found winnings away! Please learn from my mistake and be prepared to own your decision - no matter what it is and what the outcome. After all. . .it's your face.
If all of you are giving advice then why are there no pictures showing your results? You should atleast show some. You can just show part of your face to hide your identity.
WTH - you can see pictures on my thread "Has Anyone Successfully Corrected Under Eye Fat Transfer?" Then feel free to imagine that all over your face - for those who had more than just the eyes treated. Also remember that pictures are only two dimensional and in some lighting, it looks way worse. Then imagine that a few days ago you trustingly put your pretty face in someone's hands for refreshing and it was turned into this with no real resolution for years to come. This forum is a great way for us to see what worked for others and find out about doctors that may be able to help us as well as avoid doing further damage via procedures that don't work but may be suggested by doctors who don't know better since, as stated by others, there is no standard removal technique for this.
To all...as I assume you've guessed, WTH is a troll. Just ignore or she/he will just hang around. I think its just some kid...

Hi everyone, It seems that everyday someone pops...

Hi everyone,
It seems that everyday someone pops up on this site who is experiencing the first horrible OMG moment following this procedure. Those of us who have been through it know it well and it’s heart-breaking. As the months continue, you will go through all the stages of mourning, including the feeling that all hope is lost. . . The depression, the anger, the denial, the bargaining, and if you’re lucky, you may come to some sort of acceptance.

For any of you following my story, I am a year and a half out from my initial bad Fat Transfer surgery and have gone through a fat removal process that involved the right doctor, 5FU injections, micro-lipo and time. For the most part, this has been successful. I will say that even after the micro, it took about 7 months more for me be able to say that most of the fat is gone.

Every situation is different. Please know that when you decide to go through a Fat Transfer, successful removal is extremely difficult. A perfect return to your original state is almost impossible. If you haven’t gone through this procedure and your Dr. tells you that you need a “refresher” – stick with fillers! FT is not a “refresher” procedure. It is major surgery and recovery – a lot of swelling. If you like the way you look and just want a little something. This is not a “little something.” Stick with fillers. Fat has a place, but not for minor to even “more than minor” tweaking. It has a lot of risk.

Here’s where I’m at now. . . I’m going in for a conservative brow and upper eyelift. When the fat was removed a few things happened: 1) All the initial “minor” issues are back and they are now bigger issues than when I started - with a few more imperfections and irregularities. 2) My skin has sagged some in the temples and eyes where I did have fat injected. The stress, weight loss, age, and some laser damage (in an attempt to address the FT issues) have all contributed to the sag. I have volume loss, but will stick to fillers after the lift. Doing another ‘round of fat would be like me asking you to hit me over the head with a sledge hammer – AGAIN.

Please read below if you want to know more and are trying to decide if this is something you want to consider. Please think twice. This has been an expensive and painful road to travel. I’m probably one of the lucky ones but it will still take a lot of work for my life to ever resemble what it was. So if you do this, do it with eyes wide open.

I’ve most recently been posting on the thread, “Has anyone ever successfully corrected under eye fat transfer?” If you want to learn more, those posters are also well-versed in the cost of personal and financial well-being following this procedure. They also offer some good information.

Plastic Surgery is a slippery slope with no guarantees. If you weren't crazy going in, you may get a little crazy when you come out if things don't go right. .. but you're not alone.
Thanks GBGB. I do know the doctor and he is great! I am just gun shy.
Carol - It's a relatively small area and you know the Doctor. It will tighten things up. You also really know your skin well and how it reacts. I now know that mine doesn't like hot zaps of whatever touching it. Maybe I have strong inflammatory responses that stir up the hyper and hypo! The 35% TCA tightened up my undereye area and I know those work for me. They may not work for everyone.
I just ordered some 35% glycolic, but I haven't tried it yet. I plan on testing a small area first to see how my skin reacts before trying it on the my whole face. I never realized you could use it for under the eyes. Thought you had to avoid that area, no?

Can you ever be fixed from a botched Fat Transfer?...

Can you ever be fixed from a botched Fat Transfer? One of the things that we all notice on these sites is that it's rare, if not heard of for people to document getting "fixed".

Here are a few of my thoughts:
1) Many people don't find a solution (it's very, very hard)
2) People never come back to report on what they did to get fixed
3) Once you do something like this, your brain has a very hard time reconciling the difference in the mirror and it can take years to get over the "identity crisis" even if you've been somewhat fixed.
4) Even if you are fixed and look good by most standards, you will most likely still never look like your before pictures so it's difficult to feel fixed.

I probably fall into category 4 (I'll explain in the last 2 paragraphs). I just went through a brow/temple lift to hike up what sagged after all the nightmare of injecting and removing and sucking, etc. Dr. Hoenig is a master in this area and it looks great.

Here's are the catches: I still have some of the injected fat in areas that are too risky to try to remove further, and my asymmetrical cheeks look even more asymmetrical now so there are things that are "off" when you compare before and after pictures. My skin has been through hell and looks tired and lifeless and the original cannula marks are there. I used to be known for my pretty skin - even by the office that did the botched job. I never hear that anymore. And all the expensive crap I've tried has just made things worse.

I've been filler free for a while now, so in a month, we will begin the process of playing with fillers to minimize the asymmetry and continue to improve the baseline we now have. Medium TCAs, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone are being used to improve the skin.

Last week I showed my BEFORE FT pictures to a friend - alongside the pictures of me taken 20 months POST my botched Fat Transfer. Again, I've had 5FU, Micro-lipo, and a brow/temple lift throughout the fixing process. I asked her if she would say I was fixed - because I don't know what to tell you all.

She said, "Well, these are both attractive pictures. You were more attractive before, but no one who hasn't seen the before pictures would know what happened. She said I could be described as a twin. There's is a familiarity, but we're not identical." In other words, I have to accept my new reality. I've been relatively successful. If you can accept the fact that you will most likely never look the same after a botched FT, but that you can get a lot of improvement - then you'll be ok. If you hold out chasing the dream of seeing the exact same face again - it's really dependent on how bad the FT was and probably rare if not, almost impossible - even when you work with a great surgeon. There's only so much they can do.

Well, I continue to test my new "fixed" face and...

Well, I continue to test my new "fixed" face and thought this might hit home with a few of you. Like many of you who have been botched - I went into seclusion. I quit dating. I only went out to do errands at night when stores would be empty, or with sunglasses on. I cut out friends, family and anyone who might comment on my altered appearance. I couldn't stand the quizzical look I'd get, or the sympathy look, or even the interactions I didn't enjoy anymore. It was just painful and I felt like I was slowing dying for almost two yrs.

So, I'm 18 days out from my brow/temple lift and I looked in the mirror this morning and said, "Ok, you look as good as it's going to get and it's not horrible." I put on a cute outfit and went to the Starbucks to get some work done. What sounds like a normal thing for most - was a momumental undertaking for the queen of Jackie O glasses.

HOWEVER, my relief quickly turned to the reality. I stopped at the grocery store. Once again, I removed my sunglasses which had been my lifeline for almost 2 years. BAMM!! Within 2 minutes, I ran into someone who hadn't seen me since 6 weeks PRIOR to the Botched Fat Transfer. He didn't know I'd done it and I'd just disappeared from life. He'd known me for years and we'd even dated. He was the guy that always greated me with "Hello Beautiful". Not this time. He did a double take and said, "I didn't recognize you. Is it your hair? Your face looks longer? I'm mean, you look good, but different." I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could and throw-up.

So, there you have it . . . you have to be really strong after this type of disaster. People don't mean to be cruel - they don't know. But, every time you have to face people from your past, you have to face your new reality and be really tough. It is what it is.

BTW: The reason my face looks longer is because...

BTW: The reason my face looks longer is because the original fat transfer was loaded on my inner upper cheek. It also makes my nose look a little broader. Now that I understand this process and have looked at more photos, I see that it is a mistake that quite a few doctors make. They think they are creating cheekbones this way (even if you don't ask for them.) A checkbone should look like a Nike Swoosh and not start so high up and under the eye. It's very unnatural looking.
I appreciate your feedback and actually took notes on some of your suggestions. I'm going in for consulations next month and will be sure to have my surgeon's show me on a picture where they will inject the fat. Thank you
Hello Chanel12,

The names we are floating around down this way are Drs. Guy Massry (LA), Michael Groth (LA), Val Lambros (OC), Catherine Hwang (Dr. Hoenig's associate in LA). Dr. Marten in San Fran is excellent. I believe Massry and Groth focus mainly on the eyes, but you can certainly contact them with your concern and see what approach they might take. Dr. Lambros does good cheeks. I'm not sure the extent of the correction you'll require. . . 5FU, cortisone, micro-lipo, excision. . . but all of those doctors are worth contacting. Other posters may have more suggestions.

My personal opinion on correction is to find the best doctor as quickly as possible. Go to the best name right out of the gate to start working on a plan - even if you have to take out a loan or charge it. It can be a long process and the longer your mind is under this kind of distress over this situation .. the more psychologically damaging and isolating it can be.
GFGB I didn't realize that Dr. Hoenig isn't correcting fat transfers anymore...I just emailed his website earlier today before I read this post. I am trying to get my fat transfer corrected on the cheeks and nasolabial folds. Do you know any other Dr's that do this? I am actually from Northern Cali, but was going to take a trip to LA...now I am not sure where to look.

So, the last part of my 15-month repair journey...

So, the last part of my 15-month repair journey was to have everything filled back up again with Restylane and it looks really good - temples, lateral brow, cheeks, under eye. That, with the brow/temple lift, has made a huge difference.

I hadn't had any fillers in about 10 months and about 17 months in cheeks, temples, etc. I have such a thin face that it was getting distressing to see all the hollows. In theory - the fat was a good idea. In practice - it was a nightmare. Bad original surgeon, bad technique, horrible outcome and two years of my life down the tubes. All I ever needed was a one syringe of filler for my face in the first place - MAX. For what it's cost me to fix this mess - I could have had fillers in my face a couple times a year for the next 10 years (NO EXAGGERATION).

That said, what's done is done. What a difference the right injector can make. The right Doctor knows exactly where to put everything so you look symmetrical and NORMAL. He or she takes the time to make the filler go as far as it can. A little here, a little there. . NOT a big blop in one cheek and then open another syringe!

Next, I have to fix my skin that was damaged between the swelling from the FT and the laser work. I'm interviewing Doctors now and taking this very slowly. There is no room for error here. I've learned the hard way that patience is the name of this game.

READ ME: Which brings me to my last point. . . IF YOU HAVE BEEN DAMAGED by any cosmetic procedure. Please, please take a deep breath. This is not a sprint, it takes a lot of time and patience to fix this. I know you are in dispair and I know you want to get this fixed because you think you want to die. . .but do NOT rush into having ANYTHING done. It will only MAKE THINGS WORSE and harder to correct.

You are in the information gathering stage at this point. Do not let every doctor you go to do something else. If the original doctor says he'll fix it - wait 'til you get a second opinion. You are not in a great decision-making place and you need to find the BEST solution. You get one real shot at the revision - make sure you find the absolute best Doctor out there. You can only find him or her by doing a lot of research and going to several consultations. I know it's costly. It sucks. I've been there - but please learn from all my mistakes.

Laser/IPL Damage The Possible Cause of Poor Fat...

Laser/IPL Damage The Possible Cause of Poor Fat Take!
WOW, I just has my skin analyzed by a doctor who had one of those machines that can digitally show skin damage. I told him that I was pretty sure I'd been damaged by an overly agressive tech using an ALMA photofacial machine about 6 weeks prior to my original FT. (Keep in mind - the place I went to for the photofacial was recommended by the original Plastic Surgeon's office!) The derm asked why I thought I had been damaged and I explained. We looked at the image and he showed me where the damage (square-like scars) was and explained that the area had clearly experienced devascularization. My mind was racing.

Devascularization is loss of the blood supply to a bodily part due to destruction or obstruction of blood vessels!!! In other words, it is highly probably that this area would struggle to "take" the fat - and in fact, it didn't take on that portion of my face. Studies have been weak in regards to the corrolation between laser/laser-like devices and fat transfer - before or after. Again, buyer beware. Though photofacial is not a laser - damage is damage and I don't think most people know what these machines do.

Now - this is by no means the only issue I had with the fat. It was lumpy and placed incorrectly - and you know the story; however, this is certainly another piece of the puzzle. I'd told the patient coordinator at the office about my experience prior to the procedure. 1) I should have been educated about not having ANYTHING done prior to procedure 2) There was no concern about the fact that I thought I'd been burned. In fact, she told me, she had only heard of there being problems with people having "laser" work done after a Fat Transfer and 3) I'm thinking that people undergoing this kind of stuff should not have any laser work done before or after for quite a long period of time, and be evaluated if they have.

I'm pretty sure my doctor had no idea what he was doing - so him and his staff wouldn't know any different. However, this should seem fairly obvious to someone who is suppose to understand how a Fat Transfer works. What do I know.

My curiosity is - if these image machines are available and can show areas of poor supply - which is an important part of a successful transfer - why don't doctors who are performing these procedures have the machines - or do better job of educating people of these risks? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Perhaps this is just another hypothesis on my part. . . but it's as good as any I've heard so far.

Hi Unlucky. . . Hope your luck changes soon and sorry to hear about this.  I appreciate where that Baltimore Dr. was coming from when he answered your question. He's my new favorite!!!  I wish more were that honest and straightforeward.

I'm not a doctor.  Lipo definitely helped and I've had some scarring fixed w/ zplasty and laser. . and skin grafting has been recommended - but I couldn't speak directly to your issue.

You may want to email Dr. Bahman Guyuron to see what he says.  He is in Ohio and he's one that doesn't have the fancy Website, etc.  He's one of those referral doctors who gets most of his business by word of mouth and has performed some really tricky revisions.  I haven't worked with him so this is not a recommendation and I don't want to be blamed if something's not right - but I have heard is name come up on a few other sites - not so much on RealSelf.  I don't know of any other "Rockstars" in the Midwest, but maybe someone else will chime in.

You might start emailing some of the surgeons  whose names keep coming up to see if they have an opinion or could recommend someone in your area. . . not asking, not trying :).  Unfortunately, my doctor isn't doing revisions anymore.

Keep us posted and good luck.   I know how much this sucks :(. . . .GFGB

BTW:   Filler Queen just posted (TODAY). . . a note about a fat melting laser that she used on her fat and she feels it might be working. . . .I can't speak to it, but you may want to look her up.
Thank you!

Hi everyone, It's been 2 years and 3 months...

Hi everyone,

It's been 2 years and 3 months since the original transfer. Many of you have read all the events that have followed. There are so many emotional phases throughout this process. My goal has been to eventually accept what it is and continue to move forward. I don't feel the same way about myself - as I did before the surgery. I'm trying to learn to focus on other things outside my appearance and trying hard to stop wondering what other's see, and trying very hard to stop constantly thinking about how I look every every minute of every day in every interaction . . . .In time, some things do start to fade and the loss you feel may start to subside - particular if you have had some amount of help in revision. You realize you have to survive somehow. I read somewhere that the best curve on a woman is her smile. Instead of being pretty girl. . .I'm trying hard to be the girl with personality :). No one wants to hear about how I messed up my face. . .but it's amazing how people respond to a smile. It's work, but it does work.

So here's my latest tip. When I had my original surgery, the fat right under my eye and near my nose took too well. The outer - not so much and the temples where I was started to need it - nadda!!! The result was a rather ghoulish affect that I've seen others comment about. I have a longer, oval face and due to all the stress and desire to prevent the fat from growing, I kept my weight too low for too long. Unfortunately, this compounded the problem because my temples basically caved in. It's hard to redistribute fat in the temple area once it's gone. So, I had all this fat under my eye and nothing around it.

I just had Radiesse injected into my temples and it has really helped balance my face and offset the injected fat. It also help lift my outer eyes a bit so they look more familiar. Nothing's perfect, but it's amazing how a small change somewhere can impact things so much somewhere else - for better or for worse! Continued well wishes to everyone who is looking at cosmetic intervention. . .and anyone who has found their lives turned upside down by cosmetic interruption!
where was this done
Goodfacegonebad, is three any way you'd be willing to post before and after pictures?
Hi - Like many of us, I won't post public pictures for a couple reasons - privacy is one. The last thing I want is to go to google images one day and see my face as an example of a bad FT! In addition , it's tough to show the scope of the issue without showing the whole face - contouring, change in overall appearance, etc. That said, if you send me a PM with an email address where I can send an attachment, I'll try to capture some of the before and after area for you. Again- it will be tough to see without revealing identifiable parts of the face.

This doctor has a handful of followers who post on blogs. One person comments regularly and hasn't had the procedure done. This doctor may be a good doctor. Things didn't work out for me. I can say that expectations weren't set as far as swelling.Apparently a lot of people like to be swollen.I'm very small, so the swelling was very, very pronounced.The risks weren't discussed as even a possibility.I thought I was improving the lower outside area of my eyes. There was apparently a communication error because I was told after the fact that we were shooting for stronger cheekbones and that I would be thankful in the coming years because my face wouldn't cave in.Frankly,those two things weren't even on my radar.I also don't think that stronger cheekbones include little sausage-like links that run from my inner eye down my nose.My face looks longer.Juvederm was injected (and not molded) right under my eye. This attempt at correcting things made me swell like I'd eaten a year's worth of salt. I was told that I sounded crazy. I'm a little over-the-top, but I do have an over average IQ and 20/25 vision. Some may say you have to be a little self-critical to go plastic anyway. I also got a couple other professional opinions that I sought without mentioning my areas of concern.Everyone needs to do what's best for them and for some,this may be the answer. This was definitely not the best answer for me and no one has said I look better.