EMATRIX - JUST SAY NO! - California

I'm so over all these mystery machines and...

I'm so over all these mystery machines and their claims to: a) magically rejuvenate skin with no downtime, b) tighten sagging skin, c) be safe for all skin types d) blah, blah, blah, blah.

I'm here to tell you that I've tried a lot of different things by qualified an (unfortunately) unqualified people and I've finally been hit over the head enough times to say, "Oh, that hurt and was really stupid." So here are a few thoughts:

1) I understand the government has a lot to do with the economy and all - so I propose that it simply admits that anything cosmetic is at your own risk and they really aren't paying any attention when they approve all this crap – or they are getting paid off by these companies.

2) Companies like Syneron (eMatrix) and other second-rate entities should have to admit that they allow anyone with the money - to buy their machines and administer treatment. If a monkey had the cash, they'd sell it and let the monkey brand your face with their grid (4 squares) hand piece.

3) These companies should have to admit that the standards for use of these machines are about as loose as my now sagging skin, and that any studies they provide are merely handpicked best case scenarios in controlled environments. The photos that don't turn out just end up in the shredder.

4) All centers offering treatments like eMATRIX or other non-gold standard products should have to write the word "SUCKER" on your invoice.

So let's look at eMatrix claims:

1) “Sublative Rejuvenation™ treatment may result in improvement of: (To be fair, they do say "may result")

• Wrinkles – Wow. . . that’s a stretch as long as a football field.
  • Scars – HUH! I would love to have Syneron explain the squares on my face that look just like their hand piece. The four depressed squares that showed up in the middle of my brow two weeks after a treatment were particularly interesting. A little filler and 35% TCA is helping to fix that. Keep in mind, they claim that this technology does most of it's work below the skin and should have minimal if any impact on the top layer.
  • Textural irregularities - You betcha! My skin now appears to have a variety of interesting textures and patterns. I also ended up with some bizarre red rash and severe dryness that lasted for a month. I had not changed any products or experienced anything like this in my life.

2) Minimal downtime: This is pretty relative. If you do "A" treatment which won't do anything at all, you'll be able to go back to work. If you do the "C" treatment - which is the only level that could possibly do anything - you will have a face as red as a baboon's bottom for a few days and you have swelling. You can't go to work.

3) Safe for all skin types: Ok. . reality check. INFLAMMATION and injury to the skin cause hyperpigmentation. Ohhhh. . . I guess that's what would explain the hell I'm going through now to try to get rid of this blotchy mess!

4) Collagen building should continue for months after the series of procedures which should lead to skin tightening: Whatever!

3 months after I was done with this I have a picture that shows lifeless sagging skin. It was like an overnight drop. Let’s say for the sake of argument that I just rapidly aged and this treatment had nothing to do with it. Fine. . . At least there should be no debate that there was no visible benefit in the area of tightened skin. I will admit that I thought I liked this product after the first couple treatments. I'm now of the mindset that I might have just been swollen - or I was in such a state of desperation that I wasn’t paying attention to what was going on.

So, if you saw me post positively, it was early on in my treatment. Some of my discoveries were made with continuing procedures (that I should have stopped) and in the months following. I’m sure they will deny all claims, but - the squares don’t lie! If you are lucky enough to not have any damage. . . then the other side is that it doesn't do anything. It's just not worth it. TCA peels are less expensive and when administered by a doctor you can get great results. Not only are TCA peels currently cleaning up this mess for me, but my skin is improving beyond anything more that those 6 eMatrix procedures. Centers/offices make fortunes off these machines. That's why they use them. Also, once they invest in one - they have to use it whether it works or not. This is just my opinion. . . Everyone has to do what they think is best. Good luck!

I just met with two different Laser doctors in...

I just met with two different Laser doctors in SoCal to evaluate my skin. Both said that eMatrix is a piece of crap. One bought it and ended up selling it because he didn't see any results. The other one JUST SAID NO! after evaluating it. While I did have some damage, the thing that comes up the most with this machine is the lack of results, period. It's a pretty pricey thing to do without getting any benefit. I recommend going on a vacation or giving the money to charity - or throwing the cash out the window 'cause that's what you'll be doing anyway.

I had thee matrix 6 days ago at level Czech and have significant angioedema with urticaria. I look like a monster. My face itches and each morning for the past 3 days my eyes are swollen shut. Think elephant man. I am scared and doctor said antihistamines for now and this could take a month to resolve! My face still feels like it's on fire, too, and I have a wedding in a week. This is simply awful and there seems to be little data. The laser place told me they have only seen my condition in people with autoimmune diseases. I am healthy and don't have any issues and don't take any medications. I am 58 and always was complimented in my skin but have some sagging. Now I have a turkey gobbler that giggles when I walk. Someone needs to collect data on these adverse events, this is so bad I just want to cry. Tomorrow will be 7 days so I will post again in one week to let you know if I am finally healing.
does the collagen ever build up after this treatment? I've read it takes 6 months for collagen to rebuild under your skin and I've only had one treatment, 6 weeks later and my skin still has some grid marks. ( see picture on my profile) i literally don't know what to do, i have a dr appointment tomorrow but i cant wait til then.
Hi sara5686. Where did you get this done? Was it doctor or beauty therapist? It looks as though, like myself, had good skin that em attic is not appropriate for. I got told it would rejuvenate but it left me with squat marks, irregular texture and open pores. Do not do anymore, even if the dr says you need more. You will need gentle peels to slowly bring it back. It does not look as bad as you think but I know what you are going through. Since it wrecked my skin I have learnt that matrix is for very deep lines and acne scarring, not for blasting and burning into good skin. It just leaves square marks and scarring.
Hi all, i had my first treatment done 6 weeks ago and still have a few grid marks the machine on my face, will these ever go away? how long before i start panicking? i did this to improve my skin for future modeling jobs and now i am so depressed i don't know what to do.
I am I. The same boat - still have a square grid imprint in my forehead and open pores 12 months later. What has worked best for me is light peels (enzymes/glycolic) very light micro-dermabrasion, light fractional laser in the open pores and ceya healing skin tightening after the peels. It has improved and looks at it's best 12 months later. I had a dermatogist out me on antibiotics at the 3 nth mark as it may have bed. Infected
Peels are the way to go I stand behind that. It takes time to turn the skin over so it's not instant correction. Glycolics are great. I've had success with the Vitalize Peel by Skin Medica and light TCAs. Lasers, sub-rejuve, and other machines are trouble - particularly when too aggressive or in the wrong hands. I still have squares a couple years out and I believe it did impact the fat. I say that because it's hollow where the squares are and my forehead bones are prominent around that. The fat thing gets debated, but I don't anyone knows. All I know is that there was way more damage than improvement. Best advise if you are unhappy with your results is to not rush into anything!!!!!! Let the skin heal a bit and then look into some peels.
I agree with good face gone bad. I believe the indents and hollowing are actually from the skin collagen there extremeky tightened right where it was blasted.and being a fibrous collagen due to it being blasted in aggressive settings. It had probably also dissolved far in the subcutaneous zone.
Just want to add a comment; when I have e-matrix for my eyes my doctor insists that the area is free of all creams. I'm not allowed to use moisturiser on the day I have the treatment. He says that cream on the site reduces the efficacy of the treatment. Just a thought for those who mention creams being used, he applies Vaseline afterwards and I use aloe vera in following days. I'd be interested in any comments/experiences of others.
I'm 64 and have e-matrix for my eye area. I only have one a year, not on the highest setting and am pleased with the way it tightens the skin around my eyes. I would never use it for skin lifting. Each year I have three sessions of Titan at monthly intervals. I find this excellent for maintaining my jawline and cheek plumpness - it lasts a year as it promotes the production of collagen. I have once a year fillers for nose to mouth and mouth to chin lines. That's my annual regime and it keeps me looking a good ten years younger than I am. I'd suggest researching any treatment you are tempted to undergo, find out the pros and cons and make a balanced decision. Good luck! I think the right treatments are out there but be careful what you choose. Don't forget that your skin is a delicate organ of your body.
Yes I too had major fat loss in the forehead from the ematrix settings. My forehead bones are extremely prominent and I look like a skull head.
I have used Syneron's machine in Florida for over a year and had nothing but safe and good results. If you are looking for a "face-lift" this is NOT your machine. I think the people chatting on this site need to have a real conversation with someone who cares about their skin and not their pockets.
what are you using E-matrix for then?
You are right. Mine was a disaster because the owner of the machine was unqualified and has no skin knowledge formal training. Beware of Moka Skin and Body. Do your homework on who is treating you before going ahead
Hi good face gone bad. Thank you for all your help. My forhead was treated on a low C setting and went over it twice. Lower face was done high c and over twice. It is day 19 after treatment and I still have a square indented impression in my forhead and one square mark on lower side of face. They reckon it will go in two weeks. What do you think? I am just under 40 and had good skin with no real issues before the treatment.
If you look up what abalation means. It is to remove or take away. Why would you want to remove all dermal components. No wonder it screws up skin. Take my advice DON'T GO THERE!!!
At day 17 my skin is a disaster. Square scar grid marks, one if which us indented. I had beautiful skin for my age and would rejuvenate it. It has wrecked it. I am so depressed. It's a terrible treatment that dies not even give proper even coverage when it treats. It is absolute rubbish that this is superior to any fractional laser treatments. It is cheap and nasty.
At this stage I would agree with everything that good face gone bad has said. I have seen good skin go to a patchy mess with scars in some parts that look like pock marks with dots in them from the head piece. It definitely burns the skin and totally messes it up. Just hoping to no see dramatic. Ageing over the next three months. Unsure how to fix it at this stage. Am considering peels.
Hi Blossoms,   Sorry for not responding sooner. I was out of the country.  The devascularization actually occured from an IPL I had had done prior to the eMatrix.   I am about 1.5 post my last eMatrix.  I had several treatments done and it was too agressive.  My hope is that since you have only had one done - your skin will recover.  My advice is to do nothing at this point.  Let your skin heal on its own.  Keep it very well hydrated/moisturized and stay 100% out of the sun at all costs.  You really can minimize any damage at this point - but you have to be patient. You don't want to do further damage to the skins natural barrier.   My damage was too extensive and progressive over the course of time.  eMatrix is suppose to rejuvenate under the skin, but it does ablate as well, so repeatedly aggressive treatments can cause thinning of the skin. I used to hear what great skin I have. . . now every doctor or skin rep I meat comments on out thin my skin is.  You can see the blue veins and using some fillers is a problem - because lumps are more likely to show.  Anyway,  If I could do it again. . .I would have been much more patient and let my skin do it's thing without intervention.
Hi thank you got getting back to me. I'm just praying mine recovers, especially the square impression on my forehead and hope I don't end up with bad orange peel in a few months. Thanks again
Sorry I did read further on and see that you said some of your skin got devascularised. How long after the procedure did it take for that to show and what exactly did it look like?
Hi I'm day five after mine and am fearing the same as what you exoerienced. Did your skin eventually recover?
You will probably be just fine. After five days,  you could still have some swelling, etc. The skin has an amazing way of healing if you don't push your luck.  Be kind to it and allow it to heal. My treatments were way too aggressive and the results were not reversible.  Trust your gut and if things still don't feel right after a few weeks, then don't do the next one.  I wish I'd been more patient and not done anything. . . but these Doctors convince us that more is better - and it's simply not. Good luck Blossoms.
Hi thank you for replying. I am day 14 and have one indent in the middle of my forhead. Light brown splotchy square marks on sides if face. The practitioner tells me the forehead is still healing and that the brown marks are pigment coming up that will go. Did you ever get rid if the indents in the forehead ?
Hi, can't believe I did this to my skin. I am day 16 out if the treatment a have scarring. So much for the no down time and not damage to the outer layer. They are square pock marks like the ematrix head. I will be uploading pics. My skin was burnt. I had no issues to correct. Was told it would just stimulate collagen and rejuvenate and would have a 3 day recovery. Now my skin looks the worst it's ever been. I will be uploading pics. You can't just fry the crap out of skin in small square areas and not expect damage and scarring. I would say I was treated on level 3.