Done on my Arms, arm pits, and above bra line - Smartlipo - California, CA

I had Smart lipo done on my Arms, arm pits, and...

I had Smart lipo done on my Arms, arm pits, and above bra line today, how I love it! I couldn't wait for this day to come and finally it's here! I'm home now and the feeling pain but the pain is bearable. This is my 3rd procedure with a different area. I am really pleased with the results. I'll post photos of befor and after soon.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  How are you doing now that it has been a few days?  Can't wait for an update and some pics!
Hi Jill81 .... All is great, healing very well.
So glad to hear it, loving all your updates!

1-week post op Smartlipo

It's been a week post-op after my Smartlipo procedure done: arms, bra fat, and back fat above bra line.
I have also seen my Dr. for mt first week follow-up visit.
For the above procedure done, I have a total of 8 really tiny ports incisions: 4 front and back of arm pits, 2 above elbows, and 2 below bra line. The incisions are as small like the tip of a pen. All 8 incisions have healed, closes and dried up as a result of daily application of Neosporin + antibiotics, Arnica, Bromelain, and other OTC medications that are anti-inflammatory used in the healing for scar, healing & growth for new collagen.

Although the incisions are healed, I continue to be sore and still bruised, and swollen. My arms look awesomely smaller. The stubborn pockets of fat such as in the armpit area, may have found an enemy with the laser assisted liposuction device, Smartlipo. I go to the gym a lot for workouts and my arms, armpit or bra fat seemed resistant to exercise or diet.

I guess these Armpit fat or "pudge" may occur as we age, when our bodies place extra fat in that area but it is also an issue of skin laxity. I can't wait to see the final results in 3-6 months. However, I am still having some issues with lumps in my arm pits; and the bottom of my arms (the flab side of arms), the side of the bra areas are still tender to touch ... these continue to be bruised and swollen. My Dr. said there are are still some stubborn fluid build-up that will eventually go away. It will eventually subside and to help it go away, I am starting to massage these areas with Arnica Montana in circular motion. These areas are tender to the touch, it's painful but bearable to massage slowly in a circular motion. In another week, I am going to have a lymphatic drainage massage to these areas. Since this is my 3rd Smart lipo, I already know the routine. Lymphatic massage drainage is a massage technique to get rid of the accumulation of fluid that can occur after surgery. It's the best thing you can do to help your body help itself.

My. Dr. is also giving me the Venus Freeze which is a non-invasive treatment that combines radio frequency and magnetic pulses which has the ability to access deeply, comfortably treat the areas I had treated with the Smartlipo.
The Venus Freeze will tighten, will reduce cellulite, reduces wrinkles and will help restore form new collagen and the production of new elastin fibres.

I am excited to see my arms look a lot smaller and firmer. By the end of next week, (which is 2-weeks after my Smart lipo procedure), I will be back to my daily weekly routine workouts at the gym.

2 liters of fat

After Smart lipo of Arms, arm pudge, and upper bra fat

Before & 1-Day after Smart lipo Arms

Here are BEFORE & 1-Day AFTER the Smart lipo
Hi, I'm 1 day post op and have hardly any drainage? Did you have a similar experience because they were smaller areas?
Brafat ... Maybe you're right and it maked sense why I also had little drainage. Did you have Smart lipo or the Traditional Liposuction? After the procedure, they squeezed out most of the drainage. The drainage was the Tumescent anesthesia tinted with blood and some fat. Tumescent anesthesia is a mixture of saline, lidocaine, epinephrine, and sodium bicarbonate that is injected into the fat to numb the area which provided the patient comfort as well as decreased bleeding. The most drainage occurred the night of the procedure. I didn't have much drainage but I had to change the dressings & had changed into another compression garment just to make me feel much comfortable. If I recall, I had more drainage then when I had my abdomen and outer thighs done.
hmmm… actually I had planned on laser lipo but the day of the doctor told me he wasn't sure if he was going to use the laser or not and that he thought I would have good results with just the Power Assisted Lipo. He said he was going to decide as he went along and didn't use it. In retrospect it's ridiculous he tells me this day of as he's marking me. I am concerned about tightening of the skin. So in the end I did not get smart lipo. I remember them saying that I drained a lot on the table, but even the first night, I barely drained. Maybe 3 of the 6 gauze pads had fluid, the others almost completely dry. Didn't leak through to my garment at all. That was it for me.

My compression garment

Compression garments are put on the patient right after surgery to help minimize swelling, to flush out harmful fluids, and to help improve circulation, and therefore, speed up healing. It is also important to continue wear the compression garment to help the body conform to my "new," contours. I am asked to wear my compressions garments for weeks

Compression Garment

There really is no correct answer for the use of compression garments but having had 3 Smart lipo procedures I know that it's is important for me to wear it at least 4 weeks and is usually advised by my Dr. The garments will definetly reduce the short-term swelling and may help improve the contour. Some people really like wearing the garments and end up wearing them for months. Other people can't stand them and wear them only a few days. Most people end up just find whatever they choose to do.

I ordered 4 compression garments, 2 mediums and 2 smalls so I can frequently change daily.

5 days Post-op

My arms are still bruised and swollen.

Above bra line

2 small ports in the back

Smartlipo above bra line

Back Bra fat removal

Smart lipo back above bra line

Above bra line back bra fat
Hi!  How are things looking lately?  It's been a couple of weeks since your last update….
I just had smart lipo done April 2, 2014 and I'm still very sore....upper and lower abdomen..back and sides...and suggestions on healing faster?
Hi Kristiesepts ... I hope you are feeling much better after your procedure on Apr 2nd. I had my Smartlipo on Apr 3rd and it's been over a week for me now & I feel better each day. Are you taking something for the bruise & swelling? Try Arnica Montana & Bromelain - these will help a lot with healing & bruising. I am certain that your Dr. had prescribed you antibiotics, make sure take them as ordered. I'm done with my antibiotics & although the areas that I had Smartlipo on are still tender to the touch, I manage to massage these areas with Arnica Montana. Google Arnica Montana & Bromelain - it will say that these will aid on your healing. You can buy these from WholeFoods or GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Hope you feel better soon!

7-WEEKS POST OP ARMS PHOTO

A before and After SL of Arms

Before & After Arms Smart Lipo

Before & After Photo of Arms
I am 7-weeks post op
Do you have any updated pics now? Hope your healing fine and by the looks of 7th week post your arms look nice. I am waiting for my swelling to go down,i had smart-lipo on june 18th. I look forward to see your pics and end result Thanks Bella
Hi Bella... Sorry for the late reply. I just uploaded photos now. I had the Smartlipo done on April 3, 2014 & if you read my original posts, this is my third (3rd) procedure. I hope you are recovering well. Do you still have lumps in your armpits? Are your arms still tender to the touch? Continue to massage the areas with Arnica, a warm compress helps too. But what really helped me with the recovery are: Continue to wear the compression garments, Arnica tablets & Arnica gel for massage, and Venus Freeze - this came with the procedure but it was a separate cost. Oh and do eat a lot of pineapples as these help with the swelling or you could also buy some Bromelain from WholeFoods.
Funny,i just read it. GOT IT. I have no lumps or bumps, I went jogging tonight and did 2 miles and my arms burned like hell. A stinging sensation as it has only been 18 days for me. I honestly don't massage much and i use arnica every now &then but not religiously. I have NOT taken any pills or lymphatic massages. I am letting nature take it's course. lol. Thanks,i never heard about the pineapples,love them too so i will try this. Thanks again for the pics and advice I love your skinny arms.

Three Months Post-Op Arms

It has been 3 months now - 04/03/14 was the big day! I am back to full workouts at the gym. Gone are the soreness, the lumps in my armpits are gone. The first 2 weeks after SMARTLIPO was difficult as mobility (lifting arms) were limited. It felt like stiff muscles while on recovery but on my 3rd week of post-op, I had 7 treatments of Venus Freeze which helped with the swollen, lumps & aided with tightening of the arms. I know that it takes 6months to see full results but I have been getting a lot of complements about how small my arms are.

SMARTLIPO ARMS PHOTOS

Thank you for sharing your story and upddating pics. I appreciate it. Your arms look AMAZING! I can't wait for mine to get there. Bella
Oh and by the way ... I was looking through old photos prior to the procedure, my arms circumference were measured: right arms was 14 inches and left was 13 1/2 and now, both arms at 10 1/2 inches
OMG! What a transformation. May i ask if you used the same ps? Why 3 times?

Left arm measurement

Left arm measures LESS than 10 1/2 inches originally was 13 1/2
Right arm measures at 10 1/2 inches was 14 inches before the SMARTLIPO on Apr 3, 2014
Why no Name on doctor who did your arms? Just curious
I had the Dr's name and address even a photo of the location but I had asked the RealSelf Community Manager to delete these from my post for privacy reasons.
Ok. No Worries.

As of 07/06/2014 - Left and Right Arms Measurements

Beautiful results!  Very impressive!
your arms look beautiful!

Photos SMARTLIPO Arms 3 Months Post-op

nice!!! I wish my arms were thinner on the outside like yours. Beautiful ;)
Thank you - Smartlipo on arms, bra fat was done on 04/03/14 and it's now 07/26/14, I'm getting there. Dr. said that it takes 6 mos for full recovery and to see full results. I continue to go to the gym working out the arms with light hand weights.
I know it takes literally 6 months to 1 year. I am just upset because Wednesday was my 5 week post-op and he said i coulda done more on the outside! what the hell!! I am NOT redoing my damn arms!!! I am moving on to the next!! No Bueno!! Who says that,too late now!

Latest Photos

I agree with ana bella--your results are spectacular!
Beautiful work, this is a really great job, I understand lipo in the arms is very challenging and by looking at yours your surgeon is very skilled. Your results are amazing and off course how helped it by doing the massages and finding out the right treatment that works for you like the Venus, And working out. You have done your part in helping achieve such impressive results. Also what a great review you've done, lots of great pics and details. We need more people like you to guide us through. I am planning in doing the same procedure you just did and have great concerns in if my arms will turn out evenly ?? I am choosing a great plastic surgeon and will follow your recommendations written in this review as well. Thank you
WOW!!! NO FAIR!! I LOVE YR TINY SLENDER ARMS! Mine are still Bulky. :( Happy for you :)

Armpit pudge

As of 07/29/14: This is my front left armpit pudge - you can see where the cannula was inserted during Smartlipo.
It's such a tiny hole and the areas on both arms are getting lighter each week. Smart lipo performed 04/03/13.

My ports are fading

My ports were approximately 2mm and I had a total of 8 ports for the cannula to be inserted. It's will be 4 mos on 08/03/14 post-op

"After" Post-op

Smartlipo performed 04/03/2014 and today is 07/29/2014
wow huge difference., could u pls give me the name of the garment. i m having tummuscent lipo ona arms and bra fat and adding fat to my right hip for revision. cant wait after seeing your results.
How are you? Any updated pics? Thanks
These results are incredible! I'm seriously so friggen excited to get this done now. You look amazing!!