Smartlipo

I had Smart lipo done on my Arms, arm pits, and...

I had Smart lipo done on my Arms, arm pits, and above bra line today, how I love it! I couldn't wait for this day to come and finally it's here! I'm home now and the feeling pain but the pain is bearable. This is my 3rd procedure with a different area. I am really pleased with the results. I'll post photos of befor and after soon.

1-week post op Smartlipo

It's been a week post-op after my Smartlipo procedure done: arms, bra fat, and back fat above bra line.
I have also seen my Dr. for mt first week follow-up visit.
For the above procedure done, I have a total of 8 really tiny ports incisions: 4 front and back of arm pits, 2 above elbows, and 2 below bra line. The incisions are as small like the tip of a pen. All 8 incisions have healed, closes and dried up as a result of daily application of Neosporin + antibiotics, Arnica, Bromelain, and other OTC medications that are anti-inflammatory used in the healing for scar, healing & growth for new collagen.

Although the incisions are healed, I continue to be sore and still bruised, and swollen. My arms look awesomely smaller. The stubborn pockets of fat such as in the armpit area, may have found an enemy with the laser assisted liposuction device, Smartlipo. I go to the gym a lot for workouts and my arms, armpit or bra fat seemed resistant to exercise or diet.

I guess these Armpit fat or "pudge" may occur as we age, when our bodies place extra fat in that area but it is also an issue of skin laxity. I can't wait to see the final results in 3-6 months. However, I am still having some issues with lumps in my arm pits; and the bottom of my arms (the flab side of arms), the side of the bra areas are still tender to touch ... these continue to be bruised and swollen. My Dr. said there are are still some stubborn fluid build-up that will eventually go away. It will eventually subside and to help it go away, I am starting to massage these areas with Arnica Montana in circular motion. These areas are tender to the touch, it's painful but bearable to massage slowly in a circular motion. In another week, I am going to have a lymphatic drainage massage to these areas. Since this is my 3rd Smart lipo, I already know the routine. Lymphatic massage drainage is a massage technique to get rid of the accumulation of fluid that can occur after surgery. It's the best thing you can do to help your body help itself.

My. Dr. is also giving me the Venus Freeze which is a non-invasive treatment that combines radio frequency and magnetic pulses which has the ability to access deeply, comfortably treat the areas I had treated with the Smartlipo.
The Venus Freeze will tighten, will reduce cellulite, reduces wrinkles and will help restore form new collagen and the production of new elastin fibres.

I am excited to see my arms look a lot smaller and firmer. By the end of next week, (which is 2-weeks after my Smart lipo procedure), I will be back to my daily weekly routine workouts at the gym.

2 liters of fat

After Smart lipo of Arms, arm pudge, and upper bra fat

Before & 1-Day after Smart lipo Arms

Here are BEFORE & 1-Day AFTER the Smart lipo

My compression garment

Compression garments are put on the patient right after surgery to help minimize swelling, to flush out harmful fluids, and to help improve circulation, and therefore, speed up healing. It is also important to continue wear the compression garment to help the body conform to my "new," contours. I am asked to wear my compressions garments for weeks

Compression Garment

There really is no correct answer for the use of compression garments but having had 3 Smart lipo procedures I know that it's is important for me to wear it at least 4 weeks and is usually advised by my Dr. The garments will definetly reduce the short-term swelling and may help improve the contour. Some people really like wearing the garments and end up wearing them for months. Other people can't stand them and wear them only a few days. Most people end up just find whatever they choose to do.

I ordered 4 compression garments, 2 mediums and 2 smalls so I can frequently change daily.

5 days Post-op

My arms are still bruised and swollen.

Above bra line

2 small ports in the back

Smartlipo above bra line

Back Bra fat removal

Smart lipo back above bra line

Above bra line back bra fat

7-WEEKS POST OP ARMS PHOTO

A before and After SL of Arms

Before & After Arms Smart Lipo

Before & After Photo of Arms
I am 7-weeks post op

Three Months Post-Op Arms

It has been 3 months now - 04/03/14 was the big day! I am back to full workouts at the gym. Gone are the soreness, the lumps in my armpits are gone. The first 2 weeks after SMARTLIPO was difficult as mobility (lifting arms) were limited. It felt like stiff muscles while on recovery but on my 3rd week of post-op, I had 7 treatments of Venus Freeze which helped with the swollen, lumps & aided with tightening of the arms. I know that it takes 6months to see full results but I have been getting a lot of complements about how small my arms are.

SMARTLIPO ARMS PHOTOS

Left arm measurement

Left arm measures LESS than 10 1/2 inches originally was 13 1/2
Right arm measures at 10 1/2 inches was 14 inches before the SMARTLIPO on Apr 3, 2014

As of 07/06/2014 - Left and Right Arms Measurements

Photos SMARTLIPO Arms 3 Months Post-op

I just live your results!
*love
Hi :)  Are you having trouble uploading pictures, by any chance?
Beautiful results!  Very impressive!
your arms look beautiful!
Why no Name on doctor who did your arms? Just curious
I had the Dr's name and address even a photo of the location but I had asked the RealSelf Community Manager to delete these from my post for privacy reasons.
Ok. No Worries.
Thank you for sharing your story and upddating pics. I appreciate it. Your arms look AMAZING! I can't wait for mine to get there. Bella
Oh and by the way ... I was looking through old photos prior to the procedure, my arms circumference were measured: right arms was 14 inches and left was 13 1/2 and now, both arms at 10 1/2 inches
OMG! What a transformation. May i ask if you used the same ps? Why 3 times?
What did you mean by "Why 3 times?" You mean why I this is my 3rd SMARTLIPO procedure? The 1st SMARTLIPO was for medically necessary to remove BellyFat to help with my BP to be contained. I suffered from a chronic condition and I'll tell you that the SMARTLIPO to reduce the fat on my Belly helped with lowering my Blood Pressure. Then the 2nd SMARTLIPO was cosmetic to get rid of my saddle bag thighs - both procedures were done in 2010. And now for the arms (and as we know it) is for cosmetic. And yes, all procedures were performed by the same Plastic Surgeon.
Did you see the measurements of my arms? I just took the photos this evening too :)
Yes you answered my question. Thanks again for sharing. I hope everything is better now with your health.
i did see the measurements thanks. You're so precise and helpful. I can't wait to do my abs and waist and transfer the fat to my Butt. I have seen so many bbl reviews but a lot say NOT SURE abut the end result. Do you plan on doing anything else in the near future?
Do you have any updated pics now? Hope your healing fine and by the looks of 7th week post your arms look nice. I am waiting for my swelling to go down,i had smart-lipo on june 18th. I look forward to see your pics and end result Thanks Bella
Hi Bella... Sorry for the late reply. I just uploaded photos now. I had the Smartlipo done on April 3, 2014 & if you read my original posts, this is my third (3rd) procedure. I hope you are recovering well. Do you still have lumps in your armpits? Are your arms still tender to the touch? Continue to massage the areas with Arnica, a warm compress helps too. But what really helped me with the recovery are: Continue to wear the compression garments, Arnica tablets & Arnica gel for massage, and Venus Freeze - this came with the procedure but it was a separate cost. Oh and do eat a lot of pineapples as these help with the swelling or you could also buy some Bromelain from WholeFoods.
Funny,i just read it. GOT IT. I have no lumps or bumps, I went jogging tonight and did 2 miles and my arms burned like hell. A stinging sensation as it has only been 18 days for me. I honestly don't massage much and i use arnica every now &then but not religiously. I have NOT taken any pills or lymphatic massages. I am letting nature take it's course. lol. Thanks,i never heard about the pineapples,love them too so i will try this. Thanks again for the pics and advice I love your skinny arms.
Your arms look awesome! I was also going to ask you, what do you use to treat the scar although these are tiny ports. I was recommended by my Dr to use BioCorneum, a lot better than Mederma. This is silicone based.
I am finding that it works fade the scars
Thank You! I have 4 scars and the 2 by elbows are almost gone. I didn't use anything. I am using pure vit e capsules,i open one and dab it on the scars under arm. I also use olive oil and almond. But not sure they will help me. I have never heard of biocorneum.. You'll be fine. Vit c helps with bruising ,i do know this and vit e for scars so they say. Try not to over do it. Just allow the healing to take place. I am impatient but i know it takes forever!!!!! UGH!
If this works for you great. :) Time heals all wounds. I just wish it was dec but as hot as today,lol. that way i can be done with this waiting game,
Hi, I have been considering bra fat lipo but have not seen any review that gave me any positive results until I saw yours. You look great. Do you think it's possible to go back to work after one week if Smartlipo? Thanks.
Hi Ppnewbody! I must have missed your post. I apologize for this very late reply. I had the SMARTLIPO on Apr 3, 2014 (Thursday), I was off from work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and I returned to work on Monday, Apr 7th. After having the SMARTLIPO on Apr 3rd, I had the next day follow-up where I drove to the Dr's myself. Are you still planning on getting the SMARTLIPO or have you had the procedure done already? Best wishes ...