Cant Wait, Scared, Anxious, Freaked Out! -California, CA

Hello Realself! I am a mom of 3, almost 3 yr...

Hello Realself!

I am a mom of 3, almost 3 yr old twins and a 17 year old. I am 33 years old.

I am having TT BA and BL on the 8th. only 2 more days! I have been stalking this website for weeks then I finally wrote a big introduction the other day but it never posted and im just now getting the chance to retype it all out again.

I have always been a size 20 for years and was up to a size 24 when I got pregnant with my twins. When I was 5 weeks pregnant I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and changed my ways immediately. I did end up on insulin shots but not until the last few weeks of my pregnancy, which was a major accomplishment. I was 273 pounds and as big a round as a house at delivery and couldnt even fit at tables at restaurants. The drs always praised me for keeping it very well controlled with my diet. After they were born the diabetes was gone immediately. We are all in perfect health.

Since they were born I have not only lost all pregnancy weight but I have kept up the same diet and I am now a size 13! I am 5'10 180 lbs and medium build. I am very happy with my size personalIy would just like to tone and tighten things up. I am not trying to get in a bikini or become a super model. I buy my pants a size too big to try and take the focus off my major muffin top. Same situation with my bras these days. My breasts are really deflated and there is so much loose skin since I was a 42DD most my life and am now a 38C when I wear a bra with good support that fits me as it should then I end up with 4 boobs, you know the crease boob? muffin boob? you get the point ;0) I cant wait to be able to buy clothes that FIT me better and not too big so that my pants look sloppy and saggy within a few hours of wearing them.

I went yesterday and got a snap front nightgown with pockets on the front (good for drains?) from sears. I think I will need a couple more nightgowns and some button up shirts also right? I have a list of supplies ive written down off of various websites to show the dr and ask what I need and dont need to purchase after my pre-op tomorrow (1 day before surgery) I just keep thinking the more prepared I am the easier recovery will be. I want to make sure with the hubby on twin duty and taking care of me that he isnt having to run to the store daily if possible. I was going to have hubby move the recliner in our room for recovery but my best friend surprised me yesterday and told me not to worry about ruining the recliner that she had rented me a hospital bed with power leg and back support. I never thought id be so excited about a rented bed but WOW what a relief that seems like already.

ok I feel like I am writing a book and I am very new at this whole message board thing so I dont know how much I can write without losing everyones interest. Hope everybody is doing well with their recoveries, flat tummies or nice perky girls! Cant wait to make new friends and share our experiences with one another! Thanks in advance for all your help and support!! Once I do this and can possibly help answer any questions or help ease anyones mind at all please dont hesitate to ask!

I'm in California too! I read your story and I think many women go through similar struggles. I am excited to follow your journey and see your results! I'm 44, mom of 2 and having a mommy makeover to give me back some fullness to the girls now they have shrunk to nothing and tighten up the loose skin on the tummy. I'm scheduled 4/11. I'm also 5'10"! I'm a runner and super active and I also enjoy outdoor time with yardwork and hiking and so worried about the girls getting in the way. This site is so helpful and supportive and I've learned a ton on here about what to expect. When is your surgery?
Congratulations to you on your amazing journey! Having twins must have been a tough one! I only had one and gained so much weight that I got to over 200lbs (at 5ft nothing, that is morbidly obese)! I decided to lose the weight and I did it! I made a deal with my parents that if I could reach my goal weight of 125, they would pay for my mommy makeover. I was 123lbs when I met with and signed doctor Krau! I was so scared but I got a body I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams! The first few days you will feel like "oh no what did I do?" But once you get back that part then you will feel better! You will likely experience a lot of ups and downs over the next few weeks. Hopefully you have a good support system at home with your family and friends. As a single mom with no support, I found the women on this site to be a huge support system for me. Everyone here is so great. If you have any questions, concerns, or just want to blow off some steam, we are all here for you! I hope everything went well and you are recovering well. Do not hesitate to contact me personally. I was there and man did that time fly! Before you know it, you are standing in front of a mirror in shock at the beautiful body you see before you! I wish you a quick, speedy recovery with minimal pain and discomfort. Remember us girls are always here for you. So lean on us for support. Looking forward to reading more and following your journey here and hopefully seeing some photos! Good luck sweetie! Keep us updated! :)

Congrats on losing that pregnancy weight. Not always easy, I know.

Here's a list of supplies you might find helpful as well.

Please keep us posted!