Only a Few Days out but I Look So Small, I Feel I Look Like a Board. Help - California, CA

I'm really concerned. I am a few days out from...

I'm really concerned. I am a few days out from lipo to the upper lower ab, hips, thighs. I have bathed and took a look at myself in the mirror, I am really regretting the hip liposuction. I feel that I look straight up and down like a board. I am wondering since I am so soon out of surgery and already looking like this does this mean my feminine shape will never return? I feel so uncomfortable to sleep. I cannot sleep on my sides and when I sleep on my back I feel there is not enough fat left in my upper back of the hips to support and cushion me comfortable. I regret not having better communication with my surgeon. I am so worried about this. Someone please advise. Thanks.

po photos

I'm only a few days out but I am very worried. Feel way too much fat was taken out especially from side and back of my hips leaving my bottom very small and no shape. I am in so much discomfort and having emotional anxieties about this. I spoke to the doctor, he says he sucked a lot of fat and I'm going to love it and that nobody complains about having too much fat removed. I am very concerned and confused and wondering what healing with be like and if revision healing is as difficult? I feel my hips and the outer ones are hard, I think the muscle is very close the the skin and I see dents where my back hip was. My mom is trying to convince me to not stress and focus on the good. I'm trying.

po photos. really regretting this.

Painful, numb, shock to my system worried about recovery. I have no appetite. Haven't had a bowel movement since the 29th, doctor said to use fleet enema. I had a hard time with it, not working well. I took some stool softener, hopefully it will help. Didn't feel comfortable with the way the doctor spoke to me when I expressed my concerns. I wish I understood more about what this surgery entails, I would have had less areas liposuctioned or just focused on fitness since I only needed to lose about 15 pounds. I'm looking back on this and wish I had chosen a doctor with both credentials and good communication skills. I felt credentials was so important but thinking back there were serious problems with communication.

Impressions of liposuction first week. Really really regret it.

Everything hurts. I'm having anxiety about what the future holds whether this will cause permanent pain. The back of my hips are numb and there is indent where the fat used to be. My stomach feels weird numb. Too many multiple areas liposuctioned. I am so unhappy. I feel like parts of me have been removed and I'm seeing how extremely unnatural this is. I was not going towards my goal of being healthy and fit by doing this procedure I was going away from it. I had to use an enema to go to the bathroom because I am not eliminating on my own. I am so regretful that I had not taken the 6 months estimate of recovery and done something positive with my life instead such as building close relationships with those I love and taking care of myself, I am sure if I had just spend the 6 months treating my health and well being as a priority I would have lost the weight and it would feel normal and natural. This is made out to be such a simple procedure but from my experience I'm feeling this is a major major medical procedure. I regret trusting the doctor based on his credentials rather than really seeing his personality issues for what they are.

Hard time sleeping

2am very sleepy but cannot sleep. Feeling pain and numbness along with chills and the lumpiness of laying on my lower back plus the psychological trauma cause me to wake up frequently. I just took a sleeping pill prescribed by the doctor. Wish I never did this procedure. Too much fat removed. I don't feel right, very numb painful and the recovery is way too intense. I never thought I would love my old tummy but I truly love it now fat and all. I love all my old rolls of fat, they cushioned me, I felt comfortable. If anyone knows how I can speed up this recovery please let me know. I'm worried when the swelling goes down I will be even more boney which will be very uncomfortable. Still haven't had a bowel movement on my own. Water enema helped. Please pray for me thanks.

burning pain hips

I was a bit better mentally today although I'm still in pain. I think the prescription sleeping pill really helped to calm my anxieties. My hips have a constant warmth? feeling and ache and when I get up it is very very sore and achy. I'm very uncomfortable. I don't know how I'm going to function like this but I'm trying to stay positive to turn this into something good be a stronger person, love those around me and be appreciative. I'm trying to remind myself that this is just a body that contains my spirit and it is my spirit that needs to shine through. I am lucky to have a couple people in my life who I know will be there for me but I feel like I have caused such a burden to them and to expose them to this is unfair. I've thought on my fat, I think the extra fat rolls have a purpose now. They remind us of our issues that we need to work on, perhaps we over eat from stress or neglect ourselves by eating foods that are not the best healthy. It is an opportunity to work on oneself by truly taking care of themselves. This liposuction has not been what I imagined so far. If anything it has caused my health to decline. I miss my fat. I also think fat protects, it surrounds toxins I truly believe that. Once the toxins are released the fat often will release. Why I didn't commit myself to these ideas rather than opting for surgery I have no idea.

Pain and swelling in hip area

My mobility is really afftected. Pain and swelling in the hip area especially where I felt really too much fat was removed. Doctor says it's going to be perfect and this numbness is normal and sensation will return. I don't think this is normal. Having a hard time getting comfortable sleeping. I don't understand why doctor was so aggressive. I'm not able to care of my dog right now or do much for myself. I am worried about being able to return to work. I'm very worried and I feel very bad for my loved ones who have to witness this and take care of me. I'm worried for my health. Please pray for me. Thanks.

TIred

Pain and swelling in hips makes it hard to sleep although I am tired a lot. Bowel movements still very constipated. No appetite. Trying to research the best way to heal from liposuction. I think doctor did very aggressive lipo on me especially in the hip and inner thigh area. My mobility is really poor due to the swelling, pain and stiffness in the hips. I am worried how I will care for my dog. Hard to find a comfortable position to sleep in since so many areas were liposuctioned and the back and side hips hurt and swell the most. I do not recommend having multiple procedures and I think doctors should explain to patients how much they are taking out and the difference in recovery between.

Research

Trying to research best way to prevent internal scarring since I am worried that the doctor may have liposuctioned too close to the muscle. If anyone knows of any supplements please share. I'm wondering about serrapeptase or some form of enzyme. I have a lot of swelling in the hip and back area which I am sure was over liposuctioned. I'm just hoping it resolves and does not turn into anything more serious if scar tissue builds up. The areas that hurt the most with the worst swelling and painful pulling feeling are the ones where he was way too aggressive and surprisingly I feel are the places not recommended for being aggressive, inner thighs, hips and I'm finding out flanks although afterwards he said they remove the most in those areas? I really don't understand what happened. Very hard to sleep or do activities because of the swelling and pain in hips and flanks. I have a lot of time to sit around and notice that the fat rolls and curve that women have are beautiful. It seems an abomination to remove the things that make us a woman, it's not attractive to remove those things. Why remove the flanks or the hips? They are beautiful. I see many reviews on here of women who don't think they're thin enough even after they have had liposuction and look very slim. The media is really affecting our judgment in a negative way and there are people willing to take advantage. For sure I think the amount of procedures needs to be regulated. Doctors should not suggest so many procedures especially if someone is not much over their ideal weight. I believe if I had only done 2-3 areas I would be much better physically and mentally right now.

Hip is very swollen. Flanks are completely numb and tender and firm, I think because they are so close to the muscle. Doctor says I may have a serroma but to wait a week and see. I mentioned again that I am concerned too much was taken off my hip and flanks that is why I'm having these problems, he says it's in my imagination. Be very careful when having plastic surgery a distance from your home, consider that you may need aftercare and how you will feel driving or flying a distance to see your surgeon. I hope things get better soon. I'm trying to eat very healthy, fruits and vegetables but I am also afraid of losing weight since so much was removed. This is really a nightmare for me. I'm lucky to have some really wonderful people who love me enough to stick with me through all this but I feel terrible for putting them through this.

Sad

Hips very swollen, pain. Even so this morning I woke up and looked in the mirror I can see my pelvic and lower hip bone protruding. All my feminine curves are gone and I am very depressed. On top I have pain in multiple areas. Way too much liposuction for my size. I am hoping there is some way to correct this in the future but I am having my doubts as I read more about correcting over aggressive liposuction.

Swollen

I have to drive hours to my ps to check on my swollen hip. It's very uncomfortable. When I lift my chin I can see and feel hardened lines. My flanks are hard and numb. Was not expecting such aggressive liposuction. Feel pulling in thighs when I move my legs. Stomach and outer thighs feel better.

Trying to gain weight

I've been trying to gain weight. My doctor first mentioned that I should not gain weight but later when I complained that all the fat is gone from the front to the back of my hips and up my flanks he said I could try to gain weight, very confusing. I have been eating like crazy but I get on the scale in the morning and I am 6 pounds under the weight that I was on the date of my surgery. I'm a little worried that my main fat stores have been taken out so I have no idea where the excess calories and fat will go? It doesn't seem to be going anywhere really noticeable except my breasts and my cheeks are getting fuller. Hoping to gain weight for this to either improve or so that I can get a fat transfer back to my hips and upper butt. It's really miserable, I took a walk on the beach the other evening but I couldn't enjoy it, I am scared of exercising because I don't want to burn calories.

I thought I would mention the type of liposuction used on me was PAL, power assisted. I'm finding out this tool can cause really bad complications in the wrong hands and that the pioneers of this tool stopped using it.

Hips pre surgery

Breasts getting enormous while hips show little progress

Just want to say make sure to find a surgeon who will consider your body shape and symmetry as a whole maybe even take into consideration the changes through pregnancy, weight gain, weight loss. Everything should be in harmony. My doctor instructed me that I should gain weight if I was not happy with the aggressive liposuction to my hips. I have been working on gaining weight however my breasts are becoming enormous. I mean abnormally enormous so on top of worrying about sagging overly large breasts now my curvy upper body does not match the the no curves lower body that the doctor gave me. At this moment I am just really disappointed in my surgeon and I have no idea why he would remove almost all the fat from my hips and flanks leaving me with no curves when I had largish breasts to start with which are even larger now. Also, I'm not sure why but it seems having so little padding from the front to the back of my hips makes me feel off balance while walking as well.