59 Year Old and over Weight - California

I had one breast twice as large as the other. ...

I had one breast twice as large as the other. They were full but hanging too low with enormous nipples. I decided to have it done to also help my back pain and neck and shoulder pain. I am a little over two weeks post op. I have had some issues, but they are getting better and I'm feeling better. A couple of days after my surgery, I had thought I had made a mistake getting this done. A week later I was even more sure I had made a mistake. Now I am finally glad that I had it done. I am still swollen quite a bit and haven't really seen what they are actually going to look like once the swelling goes down
but just know that healing takes time and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Ok, I'm going to post a photo of my before the surgery.

You can see how much bigger the right one is. I'll post one with my bra also. Either I wore a bra that fit one side then it was too big on the other or wore smaller and was too tight for the other. glad they are closer in size now.

In my bra

This one fits the smaller side.

This right after surgery after I got home.

They look horrible! I couldn't have epinephrine, so I had a lot of bleeding.

No hospital stay.

I didn't spend the night in the hospital, they sent me home 7 hours after my surgery. I don't remember coming home or getting out of the car or even the first couple of days now that I think about it. My husband was wonderful taking care of me but then when he went back to work I was on my own. Didn't do too bad slept a lot.

A little peek

Here is a pic at 4 or 5 days post op I think, I can't remember. Don't want to show too much, I'm not happy yet.

Major Surgery

I don't a lot of people really think this through. This is major surgery and it takes time to heal. I know the Doctor does this everyday and doesn't know exactly how different everyone will get through the surgery and heal. I think Doctors should really put themselves in our place and then they would be able to explain how this surgery will affect you while healing. Although I am 3 weeks post op today I had no idea what a long process this was going to be. I still have a ways to go but I am feeling better everyday.

3 weeks post op today

Well Mine are starting to relax a little they are not rock hard anymore. I have an open sore under my right breast and it is starting to hurt. I had a scab there but it came off when the PA was cleaning me and now it is a sore. Only the top is relaxing, the bottom and sides are still hard and numb. Anyone else at this stage?

Having trouble sleeping!

I have not been able to sleep much
anymore. I am still sleeping on my back, not comfortable on my side yet. Every night I get in bed and either I lay there wide awake or I fall asleep then wake up after about an hour and can't go back to sleep. It sucks, starting to get grouchy from lack of sleep.

Pain

I am a little over 3 weeks post op and am having some pain on the side of my breasts mostly the right one. They don't feel like the zingers, they feel more like bruising which I don't see any. Was just wondering if anyone elase has been having that kind of pain.

Too much on the sides.

Not to be a downer, but I don't like the way my breasts look at all! They are still so boxy. My right one more so the the left. I am too embarrassed to post anymore pics. I thought by 3 weeks they would start to look more normal but they don't. I asked the PA about it and she said they are still swollen and will start to round out. I have seen pics of other BR's and almost all are round. I think he did lipo on the sides so there is too much there. Anyone else having this problem?

Slept on my side last night!

OMG! I had a wonderful nights rest. I could not sleep one more night on my back and just went for it. I ended up back on my back a few times through the night, but it was fine at least I'm getting sleep.

Incision's

My incisions underneath my breasts are healing. I can move so much more now. The swelling seems to be going down also. My right nipple is also healing. I'm feeling better. I'm a ittle over a month post op now.

Still have sloughing

The PA said this would probably be cleared up or no more treatments after this coming Thursday, but I'm not so sure. I changed the bandage and saturated gauze this morning and it started oozing in two different places. I post a pic of right after I stared treatment then one of today. Parts of my nipple look better, but sure wish it would all clear up soon.

Pain and burning in right breast

I have been having pain and burning in my right breast. I thought it was maybe from driving too much but found out today that I have a seroma. It is fluid build up. Will have to go back to the Doctor again and this time will see the Doctor and the PA. If there is a complication, I will get it. I don't think I'm a good candidate for any future plastic surgeries. Forget the tummy tuck! Lol.

Doctor visit today

Saw the PA again this morning. I'm doing better. Not as much oozing. She had to take some more stitches out that were spitting. I'm taking Keflex for my sinus infection and that seemed to help with the seroma. Didn't see the Doctor who did the surgery but did run into him on the way out. He asked me how I was and I said fine how are you, and that was it he went into his office. Will have to go back in a week to see the PA again. If there are no problems how often do the rest of you go in after your follow up?
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Great Doctor, very personable. Haven't seen him since my surgery, he has a PA look after you after the surgery. Will see him for a follow up, but I don't know when. Maybe it's just California, but I really thought I would see the Doctor at the Hospital right after I was awake and again at least once in his office. Doesn't sound like I will see him at all unless I make an appointment just to see him. I guess he doesn't do follow ups. Just sounds crazy that the Doctor doesn't want to see "The Fruit of his Labor." The Doctor's PA Nivia is wonderful, she has really helped me through this disaster with my nipple and my openings. She has answered all of my questions and I'm very happy with her care.

I would have no hesitation about talking to them is you are having issues. I had really bad issues and I kept very close to my doctor. They made sure I knew that I could come back with concerns. It was good I did, I had infections a couple of times.
If not is.
Happy healing to you!! Things will get better. I felt the same way. Healing takes time and patience.
every PS has different arrangements but you can always email or phone if you have a specific concern
Without complications regular post-op appointments are: 4 days post-op, a 3 week post-op appointment, then 2 months later (@ 3 months post-op), then at 6 months. I have been in a couple extra times due to spitting stitches. My next appt is March 10th and I am excited to go back.
How do you know when u have spitting stitches?
Sometimes you can feel them. Other times it looks like a pimple, or turns into a small sore. I did put some pictures on my sores that were from spitting stitches. I just treated them with antibiotic ointment, covered them with gauze and they do heal pretty quickly.
I went the day after surgery hen weekly for about 3 weeks. My next appointment is in another 3 weeks.
I went in to get the drain tubes out, then for stitches at week 3, and then check up 4 months. I saw the PA all three times. Last time he popped in for maybe 5 mins to confirm I need revision surgery.
Good luck with your revision
Thanks
When is your revision?
March 17th
Hope everything goes well.
I am sorry to hear that you have another problem that you are dealing with. I have come to the same conclusion about plastic surgery. I don't believe that I should have anymore. Side note.......I live just down the road from Modesto. What a small world.
We should meet when I'm feeling better. Is there a way to private message on here? I am also sick right now with that virus that's going around. I'm not sure what they are going to do about my seroma on my next visit. Has anyone else had this?
Are you on Antibotics, that would help to clear it up faster, we must also realize that the breast have pockets, so were as parts of it may look healed you have to make sure no fluids are in other pockets.
Yes I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection and just hope it helps me with the seroma. The PA pushed some of the fluid out buy I think it came back
I'm 6 days post op. I believe mine are too small. I was approved through insurance for 450 grams removed from each breast. I thought that was too much. So, I went to 5 ps and chose one that didn't accept insurance, hoping to have a lot less removed. Unfortunately, he removed more than 550 grams each. Heck, I could have saved myself more than 6 grand if I went with insurance. I'm feeling bummed.
Since you were approved by insurance before can they still submit the claim?
Not sure. I might look into that.
I thought mine were too small at first too - unlike a lot of women whose breasts end up getting smaller after the swelling went down mine went larger after they "fluffed" out. Yours might do the same. Why did your doctor take out so much more than you wanted?
Good question. I specified many times that I didn't want a lot removed. I believe he thought the lift would last longer. I hope these fluff out too. After buying minimized bras for years, I might start having to buy push up bras.
Bummer! I would too! But if u specified what u wanted the PS should have done what u guys discussed.
I'm not sure what your shape is now but mine at the early stage were boxy looking and I thought for sure I was a C and my surgeon said he thought I would be a large C or small D and here I am measuring at a DDD and I wear a DD bra. After about two months they started to round out and that is when they started to get bigger. I am on the lookout for a minimizer.