59 Year Old and over Weight - California

I had one breast twice as large as the other. ...

I had one breast twice as large as the other. They were full but hanging too low with enormous nipples. I decided to have it done to also help my back pain and neck and shoulder pain. I am a little over two weeks post op. I have had some issues, but they are getting better and I'm feeling better. A couple of days after my surgery, I had thought I had made a mistake getting this done. A week later I was even more sure I had made a mistake. Now I am finally glad that I had it done. I am still swollen quite a bit and haven't really seen what they are actually going to look like once the swelling goes down
but just know that healing takes time and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Ok, I'm going to post a photo of my before the surgery.

You can see how much bigger the right one is. I'll post one with my bra also. Either I wore a bra that fit one side then it was too big on the other or wore smaller and was too tight for the other. glad they are closer in size now.

In my bra

This one fits the smaller side.

This right after surgery after I got home.

They look horrible! I couldn't have epinephrine, so I had a lot of bleeding.

No hospital stay.

I didn't spend the night in the hospital, they sent me home 7 hours after my surgery. I don't remember coming home or getting out of the car or even the first couple of days now that I think about it. My husband was wonderful taking care of me but then when he went back to work I was on my own. Didn't do too bad slept a lot.

A little peek

Here is a pic at 4 or 5 days post op I think, I can't remember. Don't want to show too much, I'm not happy yet.

Major Surgery

I don't a lot of people really think this through. This is major surgery and it takes time to heal. I know the Doctor does this everyday and doesn't know exactly how different everyone will get through the surgery and heal. I think Doctors should really put themselves in our place and then they would be able to explain how this surgery will affect you while healing. Although I am 3 weeks post op today I had no idea what a long process this was going to be. I still have a ways to go but I am feeling better everyday.

3 weeks post op today

Well Mine are starting to relax a little they are not rock hard anymore. I have an open sore under my right breast and it is starting to hurt. I had a scab there but it came off when the PA was cleaning me and now it is a sore. Only the top is relaxing, the bottom and sides are still hard and numb. Anyone else at this stage?

Having trouble sleeping!

I have not been able to sleep much
anymore. I am still sleeping on my back, not comfortable on my side yet. Every night I get in bed and either I lay there wide awake or I fall asleep then wake up after about an hour and can't go back to sleep. It sucks, starting to get grouchy from lack of sleep.

Pain

I am a little over 3 weeks post op and am having some pain on the side of my breasts mostly the right one. They don't feel like the zingers, they feel more like bruising which I don't see any. Was just wondering if anyone elase has been having that kind of pain.

Too much on the sides.

Not to be a downer, but I don't like the way my breasts look at all! They are still so boxy. My right one more so the the left. I am too embarrassed to post anymore pics. I thought by 3 weeks they would start to look more normal but they don't. I asked the PA about it and she said they are still swollen and will start to round out. I have seen pics of other BR's and almost all are round. I think he did lipo on the sides so there is too much there. Anyone else having this problem?

Slept on my side last night!

OMG! I had a wonderful nights rest. I could not sleep one more night on my back and just went for it. I ended up back on my back a few times through the night, but it was fine at least I'm getting sleep.

Incision's

My incisions underneath my breasts are healing. I can move so much more now. The swelling seems to be going down also. My right nipple is also healing. I'm feeling better. I'm a ittle over a month post op now.

Still have sloughing

The PA said this would probably be cleared up or no more treatments after this coming Thursday, but I'm not so sure. I changed the bandage and saturated gauze this morning and it started oozing in two different places. I post a pic of right after I stared treatment then one of today. Parts of my nipple look better, but sure wish it would all clear up soon.

Pain and burning in right breast

I have been having pain and burning in my right breast. I thought it was maybe from driving too much but found out today that I have a seroma. It is fluid build up. Will have to go back to the Doctor again and this time will see the Doctor and the PA. If there is a complication, I will get it. I don't think I'm a good candidate for any future plastic surgeries. Forget the tummy tuck! Lol.

Doctor visit today

Saw the PA again this morning. I'm doing better. Not as much oozing. She had to take some more stitches out that were spitting. I'm taking Keflex for my sinus infection and that seemed to help with the seroma. Didn't see the Doctor who did the surgery but did run into him on the way out. He asked me how I was and I said fine how are you, and that was it he went into his office. Will have to go back in a week to see the PA again. If there are no problems how often do the rest of you go in after your follow up?
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Great Doctor, very personable. Haven't seen him since my surgery, he has a PA look after you after the surgery. Will see him for a follow up, but I don't know when. Maybe it's just California, but I really thought I would see the Doctor at the Hospital right after I was awake and again at least once in his office. Doesn't sound like I will see him at all unless I make an appointment just to see him. I guess he doesn't do follow ups. Just sounds crazy that the Doctor doesn't want to see "The Fruit of his Labor." The Doctor's PA Nivia is wonderful, she has really helped me through this disaster with my nipple and my openings. She has answered all of my questions and I'm very happy with her care.