Wish I Hadn't... - California

I had my 1st breast augmentation 10 years ago when...

I had my 1st breast augmentation 10 years ago when I was only 24, had 1 pregnancy(breastfed) two years following. Now I'm having to decide whether to have a re-do or simply have them removed w/ a lift. I have had no complications, i.e. capsular contracture or rupture. I just wish I had waited until I was much older and wiser before permanently altering my body.

With whom did you implant and with whom are you explanting?
I think you should remove them! :) You have the power to start a change in our culture by setting an example that a woman can be small-breasted and still feel great about her body and be comfortable with who she is! I'm out here with my small and slightly saggy boobs and loving life, come join me! :D
sorry to hear that you wish you hadn't...

I am 25 (no kids, just had zero cleavage) and just had mine done a week ago and so far I love them.

jus curious why you kinda have changed your mind. you mentioned no complications, but was is it a size issue or other Health reasons? cost?

sorry for the questions, but just want to prepare myself too and any tips for me would be great to kinda have the heads up...

Getting them removed

I've finally decided to have my breast implants removed. My ex-plant date is January 21, and I will be having my capsule removed at the time of ex-plant. 6-12 months later, I will decide if a lift is necessary.

I will be posting my story on the Breast Implant Removal forum as well, but wanted to post on this side so all you ladies with the "rose colored glasses" can see the realities of breast augmentation surgery. I'm not going to go on and on about all the reasons you shouldn't do it, but just be aware that these "breasts" are "on loan" and WILL need to be removed someday for whatever reason. One should think long and hard about whether they are prepared for the possibility that their surgery is not a success. Are you really willing to spend thousands, have multiple surgeries, undergo all the stress.... in pursuit of perfect breasts? J

Now, understand that I have a somewhat jaded perspective, because my breast augmentation was doomed for the following reasons:

My implants are saline, therefore firmer than I'd like (silicone wasn't FDA approved at the time of my surgery)
They are too large for my frame (450cc)
They are high profile
They are above the muscle

If I had gone with a much more conservative sized implant, under the muscle, and a moderate projection, I know I would have had a much better long term result, and not such unfavorable options regarding removal/lift presently.

If I could head one word of advice to young woman especially those who have nice shape but consider themselves small in size; Please wait until your older to have this surgery. Especially if you know you are going to have children. Your breasts will grow/change, and as you age you will learn that the size of your breasts doesn't REALLY matter as much as you think it does. It just breaks my heart when I read stories of young women who have beautiful breasts and ruin them with implants. They get wrapped up in all the hype the Dr's present about how wonderful their altered breasts are going to be, but fail to mention the realities of what it will be like when its time to remove them!! If my PS had shown me a picture of what my breasts would look like 10 years down the road, with a removal, or a lift, I would have turned tail out of that office so quick!

Breast Augmentation for me has certainly been a learning experience; financially costly and emotionally taxing!
How did your removal go??
Good for you! I have had mine for just under 1 year and a half and I realized that its just not me . I am scheduled for my explant on June 24th and I am SO looking forward to it. Hope everything went well!
Thank you. I am definitely gong to check the posts and be well informed. I have read mostly positive but i wonder.....thanks for this post.