Smartxide Co2 laser Will Scar You for Life!-Calgary

It been almost a year since I had this painful and...

It been almost a year since I had this painful and negative life changing procedure done and the grid spider-man scarring on my chest has not gone away at all. While it has healed on my neck, the scars on my chest are prominent and I can no longer wear bathing suits or any clothing that reveals my chest from the neck down.

I completely regret having this dangerous (I had bleeding coming from all the dots for severals days!) and negative life changing procedure done. While the doctor and team has been giving me treatments to bring the redness down, apparently nothing can be done to remove the raised grid spider-man scars. On top of this, the whole purpose of having this done was to remove the brown spots on my neck (they lasered further down my chest than was necessary) and the brown spots came back completely on my neck even though I wear SPF 85 sunblock every day (and have worn sunblock for years now).

I would advise anyone considering this procedure to please have second thoughts...it is not worth it and could ruin your life and looks.

Everyone who has been hurt and maimed should consider their legal options. There have been several successful lawsuits brought against Dermatologists and RNs that have disfigured patients with lasers, like Ayana v. Skin Klinic which resulted in $44K judgement. I've read enough reviews to know that this craziness of doctors and their RNs being able to disfigure people without consequence has got to stop. Maybe when enough people sue for negligence, it will and these dangerous lasers will be taken off the market and the doctors making a fortune off them will be put out of business. You read the horror stories of people's faces melting due to their fat deposits under their eyes, etc. being evaporated by Fraxel, etc. and you wonder why other people encourage each other to have it.

Hello Susan,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Is there nothing your doctor said you can do for it? Please keep me updated.

-Britt

The grid marks have been confirmed as overlapping...

The grid marks have been confirmed as overlapping 3rd degree burns and they will never go away. This was done in a top rated dermatologist's clinic by an RN.

I have had what I've been told is a 'rare' reaction to my SmartXide laser treatment performed by an Italian dermatologist in England. My whole face swelled up completely and far from being able to go out with a bit of make up on, I am housebound. My eyes are weeping and piggie and I apart from sandpaper skin, I also have white areas - particularly where my glasses fit for some reason. I have been told not to worry because this means I will have an 'excellent result'. I am beginning to worry that this is just sales talk. I have been given a 3 day course of steroids to reduce the swelling, but so far progress is slow.
I came out with a new 1" Sara on my chin. I had redness a long time and I took at least 2 months before I wanted anyone to see me. Never do this. There are risks.

That's because they don't tell you that you need a sunblock that contains Zinc, I live in Florida and the product I use works ,no returned dark spots !!!

All these procedures that claim to remove brown spots are just smoke and mirrors & snake oil....the spots always return. This is why they suggest doing it in the fall, when the sun spots naturally start to fade over the winter and then they come back in the summer months, even if you wear sunblock all the time like I did. Save your money and your sanity....you could get permanent scarring like I did and have to cover up the rest of your life.