Veneers - One of the Worst Decisions I've Made!

I had the top front 6 teeth veneered. I had...

I had the top front 6 teeth veneered. I had bonding on these teeth before which i was happy with cosmetically, i just didn't like having to repair them when they chipped. I was told veneers would be superior in durability and cosmetics by my dentist. I'll summarize the problems: -The veneers came back the first time looking different than the wax-up. They also left small gaps at the gumline. -The 4 teeth that I had re-done came back looking good at the gumline, but one front tooth was longer and thicker than the other. I'm still in the process of trying to get it fixed. The lab was absolute sh** as far as i'm concerned, i thought the whole point of veneers was to get perfect teeth. Both cases were far from perfection. The veneers look ok after the dentist fixed them, but i wouldn't say they look much better than the bonding, which was WAY cheaper and with way less risks.

So in summary, if at all possible just go with bonding, if you don't like the results its easy to re-do and the integrity of the original tooth hasn't been compromised. Getting veneers is by tied for worst decision of my life along with not going back to university sooner.

I do think my dentist is good, he did a good job placing the veneers both times, and he has done a good job trying to reshape the veneers. He really really needs to find a better lab though. I don't care if it costs more, when you are spending that much money, they should come back perfect.