My Eyelashes Were Stubs After Having Extensions Removed. - Calgary, AB

I had eyelash extensions for 3 years. I was...

I had eyelash extensions for 3 years. I was starting to have problems with the glue burning my right eyelid. It would be super itchy so I would scratch like crazy. Then I would lose a lot of lashes from my right eye and my left would be full. I was starting to need fills every two weeks at (with tip) was $52/ fill. I also had problems frequently feeling like there was something in my eye. I thought it would be an eyelash but nothing was there. This happened about every 2 weeks. The only thing that would help was going to bed, and somehow it would work itself out by morning.
I finally got brave enough to let them all fall out. I felt "bald". My eyelashes were about half the length as they were before I started getting extensions.
I started Careprost 2 months and 3 weeks ago and my eyelashes have probably doubled in length. I know a lady who also uses it and says my eyelashes will also get thicker shortly.
I am so glad I have long eyelashes, and I am looking forward to what they will look like in another 5 weeks. From what I have read, my 16 week they are usually as long as they get.
It cost $12.71 per 3 ml bottle. I am aprox 1/3 - 1/2 done my second bottle.

I have extensions on right now and ive had them filled a few times but I can already tell my lashes are few an.far bwtween! And thin...im worried cause I had really short lashes to begin with ...do you have as long of lashes as you did when you have extensions ??? Im thinking of trying latisse. I hate these crunchy extensions lol
is careprost better or the same as latisse??
It is the generic version. Not sure if it is better or the same. I wasn't willing to pay the price for the name brand.
Where did you purchase your product? Online?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Is this easier to apply than Latisse? Or, did you buy another eyelash applicator? Price wise, I think this is the way to go ; ) I can't wait to hear more ; )
Your lashes look great!  Have you decided to retire the extensions or are you going to get more now that your lashes have grown back?
Thanks, no more extensions. Too irritating to the eyes and expensive. Plus now when I rub my eyes I don't see my eyelashes all over my face :)
Ha ha that is nice.  I've always wanted to try on some of the fake eyelashes (like that you buy anywhere) but the extensions sounds damaging and expensive- like you said.