Waiting 3 Years for This and Now Its Less Than 3 Weeks Away! - Calgary, Alberta

Hey ladies!! So ive been reading on this website...

Hey ladies!! So ive been reading on this website for a while now and decided now its my turn. Your stories are truly encouraging and make me feel a whole lot better about the process. I've always had a bigger chest since ive had boobies! I'm only 5'0 so having 38DD's is really hard on my back and shoulders. I used to have 38DDD's but I have lost about 30 pounds since and I weigh about 135 now with the DD's. My surgery is scheduled for May 2. Thats less than 3 weeks away!! Eek!!!! I had my consultation 2 years ago and originally had it scheduled for Aug 31 of 2011 but my best friends wedding was 10 days later and I didnt want to miss that so i ended up postponing it. I can't believe how fast time flies. My biggest worry is the recovery and what Im going to look like after. My surgeon has given me two weeks off of work and Im hoping that it will be enough. Im honestly so scared of the pain :( I've read some stories where it just seems that its too much to handle. I hope my recovery goes well. And I also hope that im small enough. My surgeon says I will be a full C cup after. Heres hoping!! I do have some questions for you ladies. I currently have a personal trainer that I train with 2-3 times a week. How long did you wait before hitting the gym again?? And i would love to take up running or something to increase my cardio so I can focus on shrinking my belly now. Im worried that if i dont work out ill gain some weight back :( I hope everything goes okay.

I had my surgery in August. It was actually 8 months yesterday. I started running in February though I could have been running much before, I was just too lazy to do it. Then I found a program that intrigued me and thought I would give it a try. You start with incremental steps between running and walking alternating one minute each for 20 minutes for at least three days a week and then you progress to 2 minutes run 1 minute walk and keep inching your way up until you are able to run 20 minutes consecutively. It really worked for me. I think if I hadn't done that I would have gotten off the treadmill when I couldn't even do 5 minutes and never gotten back on. Now I'm working toward a 5K (3.2 miles) and then I'll start working on my speed.

Congratulations on being almost done with your degree. That is wonderful! Good luck on your final!
Ive tried running now with the big boobies and it hurts! I still do it for short intervals, ill run for 30 seconds, walk for a minute and so on. Ill try your way. Sounds doable :)

And thanks!! 3 more days and ill have no school and then i can completely obsess about my surgery lol

I was totally consumed with thoughts of breasts and breast reductions before my surgery. My husband said it wasn't fair that it was OK for me to spend hours on the internet looking at boobs, but he would get in trouble for it! Good luck on your finals!

Okay theres 9 days left and i feel completely...

Okay theres 9 days left and i feel completely unprepared. I was planning on going to get some bras this week for after the surgery and some other things:

- Sports bra
- Button up PJ's
- sweat pants and zip up hoodies to wear while im at home
- gauze
- benadryl in case of itching

Can you ladies recommend any scar lotions or oil? I have bio oil but i dont really like it. And is there anything else i might need?

I don't think its hit me yet. I think it will later on this week. I guess im still kind of in shock that this is really happening. I hope the next week goes by quick!
My PS thinks I'll end up at least a small C, but its hard to say this early. They look tiny to me! The funny thing is though, once they're reduced, size doesn't seem like that big a deal. They're so cute and perky, and you'll find that your whole body looks better, more in proportion. I wouldn't worry so much about size, just tell your PS what you'd like to end up and they'll do their best to get you close. They're experts! It's just such a relief physically too. You will love it. I have pics on my profile so you can get an idea - I had 430g removed from 38DDs.
Good luck to you! We are almost exactly the same size - 5'0, 135, 38DD (well, I used to be). I had my surgery 5 days ago and while I'm in some pain still, I can honestly say it's one of the best big decisions I've ever made. You'll love it! Don't worry about a thing!
Thanks!!! What size did you get down to?? It's less than a week away now..slowly getting used to the idea. I hope I don't regret it. I've been going back as forth for a few years now. Everyone seems so happy with their results. I hope I do too!

Well hello all! Tomorrow is my last day of work...

Well hello all!

Tomorrow is my last day of work. I went and got a few things yesterday for next week:

- gauze
- ScarZone
- Terrycloth bathrobe (Secretly i wanted one for a while anyway! :p)
- button up pajamas

Im going to stock up on books next week. I'll have a couple of days off before the day of. The hospital called me yesterday to walk me through the process when I get there. I have to call them on Tuesday to find out what time I need to go in. Its finally happening. I feel like my whole life is going to change. At the same time though I dont want to get my hopes up so much that Im dissapointed. Whatever happens, I realize that it will take time for swelling to go down until I see the actual shape. Im very impatient though. I guess we will find out in less than a week!

So excited!!
Woo hoo! I'm so excited for you! I think its ok to get your hopes up. In fact I *wish* I'd let myself enjoy the wait more, knowing what I know now and how amazing a thing it is to have perky, proportionate breasts. Be excited!!!! I can't wait to hear all about how it goes for you and see your new boobies!
I can't believe its only 6 days away!! Im going to try and keep myself busy and hopefully its doesnt take over my weekend lol. The boyfriend and I are going to the mountains for the day on Saturday and I want to enjoy it. I wont be going out for a while after. I just dont want to be distracted. Im am sooooo excited!!! So much to look forward too. I will post pictures when I can. Hopefully there will be a difference!
Princessanila, hello! Well we are both days away, and I'm actually 2 days away from the big day, and I just wanted to wish you well and pray you have a successful surgery and recovery...Are you nervous yet? Hope all is well and will check on you soon!

Time is ticking away. 2 more days. As in the day...

Time is ticking away. 2 more days. As in the day after tomorrow. Eek!! I have a couple days left and im just finishing getting a few more things. Going to stock up on books and moving my brothers PS3 to my room so I can watch Netflix. It's happening. I hope the next couple days go by fast. I will keep you guys posted!!
Tomorrow, right? So exciting!!
Yep tomorrow!! Just finishing last minute errands. I'm freaking out!! I can't believe it's here. Tomorrow couldn't come sooner.

Good luck! You will do great! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Hi ladies!! I made it :) wanted to update...

Hi ladies!! I made it :) wanted to update yesterday but was too doped
Up to do anything lol. Surgery took about 3 hours he said. Took 600g out of the left and 520g from the right. They do look much smaller! The pain however...ugh. And the nausea. Was up all night throwing up and had a really bad headache. Feeling much better now. I will try and post pictures later this week.
Ugh, I hear you on the nausea. I had it for a solid day at least. You made it though, and it might be hard to believe now, but it only gets better from here. You're on the upswing. :-)

Hooray! So glad to hear you made it through. That really stinks about being sick. But the worst is behind you now. Up next: just resting and giving your body everything it needs to heal. Make sure to drink plenty of water, try to get up and walk several times a day, and eat easy to digest food until you have a BM (pain meds are constipating!)
Dr. De Haas

So far ive seen him twice; once at my consultation and the second time at my pre op. He seems very kind and patient and answered all my questions. I've read up on him and hes had excellent reviews.