Waiting 3 Years for This and Now Its Less Than 3 Weeks Away! - Calgary, Alberta

Hey ladies!! So ive been reading on this website...

Hey ladies!! So ive been reading on this website for a while now and decided now its my turn. Your stories are truly encouraging and make me feel a whole lot better about the process. I've always had a bigger chest since ive had boobies! I'm only 5'0 so having 38DD's is really hard on my back and shoulders. I used to have 38DDD's but I have lost about 30 pounds since and I weigh about 135 now with the DD's. My surgery is scheduled for May 2. Thats less than 3 weeks away!! Eek!!!! I had my consultation 2 years ago and originally had it scheduled for Aug 31 of 2011 but my best friends wedding was 10 days later and I didnt want to miss that so i ended up postponing it. I can't believe how fast time flies. My biggest worry is the recovery and what Im going to look like after. My surgeon has given me two weeks off of work and Im hoping that it will be enough. Im honestly so scared of the pain :( I've read some stories where it just seems that its too much to handle. I hope my recovery goes well. And I also hope that im small enough. My surgeon says I will be a full C cup after. Heres hoping!! I do have some questions for you ladies. I currently have a personal trainer that I train with 2-3 times a week. How long did you wait before hitting the gym again?? And i would love to take up running or something to increase my cardio so I can focus on shrinking my belly now. Im worried that if i dont work out ill gain some weight back :( I hope everything goes okay.

Okay theres 9 days left and i feel completely...

Okay theres 9 days left and i feel completely unprepared. I was planning on going to get some bras this week for after the surgery and some other things:

- Sports bra
- Button up PJ's
- sweat pants and zip up hoodies to wear while im at home
- gauze
- benadryl in case of itching

Can you ladies recommend any scar lotions or oil? I have bio oil but i dont really like it. And is there anything else i might need?

I don't think its hit me yet. I think it will later on this week. I guess im still kind of in shock that this is really happening. I hope the next week goes by quick!

Well hello all! Tomorrow is my last day of work...

Well hello all!

Tomorrow is my last day of work. I went and got a few things yesterday for next week:

- gauze
- ScarZone
- Terrycloth bathrobe (Secretly i wanted one for a while anyway! :p)
- button up pajamas

Im going to stock up on books next week. I'll have a couple of days off before the day of. The hospital called me yesterday to walk me through the process when I get there. I have to call them on Tuesday to find out what time I need to go in. Its finally happening. I feel like my whole life is going to change. At the same time though I dont want to get my hopes up so much that Im dissapointed. Whatever happens, I realize that it will take time for swelling to go down until I see the actual shape. Im very impatient though. I guess we will find out in less than a week!

So excited!!

Time is ticking away. 2 more days. As in the day...

Time is ticking away. 2 more days. As in the day after tomorrow. Eek!! I have a couple days left and im just finishing getting a few more things. Going to stock up on books and moving my brothers PS3 to my room so I can watch Netflix. It's happening. I hope the next couple days go by fast. I will keep you guys posted!!

Hi ladies!! I made it :) wanted to update...

Hi ladies!! I made it :) wanted to update yesterday but was too doped
Up to do anything lol. Surgery took about 3 hours he said. Took 600g out of the left and 520g from the right. They do look much smaller! The pain however...ugh. And the nausea. Was up all night throwing up and had a really bad headache. Feeling much better now. I will try and post pictures later this week.
Dr. De Haas

So far ive seen him twice; once at my consultation and the second time at my pre op. He seems very kind and patient and answered all my questions. I've read up on him and hes had excellent reviews.

Ugh, I hear you on the nausea. I had it for a solid day at least. You made it though, and it might be hard to believe now, but it only gets better from here. You're on the upswing. :-)

Hooray! So glad to hear you made it through. That really stinks about being sick. But the worst is behind you now. Up next: just resting and giving your body everything it needs to heal. Make sure to drink plenty of water, try to get up and walk several times a day, and eat easy to digest food until you have a BM (pain meds are constipating!)
Tomorrow, right? So exciting!!
Yep tomorrow!! Just finishing last minute errands. I'm freaking out!! I can't believe it's here. Tomorrow couldn't come sooner.

Good luck! You will do great! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!
Woo hoo! I'm so excited for you! I think its ok to get your hopes up. In fact I *wish* I'd let myself enjoy the wait more, knowing what I know now and how amazing a thing it is to have perky, proportionate breasts. Be excited!!!! I can't wait to hear all about how it goes for you and see your new boobies!
I can't believe its only 6 days away!! Im going to try and keep myself busy and hopefully its doesnt take over my weekend lol. The boyfriend and I are going to the mountains for the day on Saturday and I want to enjoy it. I wont be going out for a while after. I just dont want to be distracted. Im am sooooo excited!!! So much to look forward too. I will post pictures when I can. Hopefully there will be a difference!
Princessanila, hello! Well we are both days away, and I'm actually 2 days away from the big day, and I just wanted to wish you well and pray you have a successful surgery and recovery...Are you nervous yet? Hope all is well and will check on you soon!
Hi AppleWoo!! Good luck lady!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers :) Let me know how it goes! Im getting nervous..not completely yet. Maybe when I walk into the operating room lol.
My PS thinks I'll end up at least a small C, but its hard to say this early. They look tiny to me! The funny thing is though, once they're reduced, size doesn't seem like that big a deal. They're so cute and perky, and you'll find that your whole body looks better, more in proportion. I wouldn't worry so much about size, just tell your PS what you'd like to end up and they'll do their best to get you close. They're experts! It's just such a relief physically too. You will love it. I have pics on my profile so you can get an idea - I had 430g removed from 38DDs.
Wow they look fantastic!! I can't wait to be proportionate. My PS said he was going to take out 500g
Thanks. Your breasts look fuller/more dense than my old ones, so I'd imagine 500g might leave you slightly bigger than mine are. Best of luck to you!
Thanks you :) He said I would probably be a ful C cup..Im hoping to be smaller. I guess ill find out next week!
Good luck to you! We are almost exactly the same size - 5'0, 135, 38DD (well, I used to be). I had my surgery 5 days ago and while I'm in some pain still, I can honestly say it's one of the best big decisions I've ever made. You'll love it! Don't worry about a thing!
Thanks!!! What size did you get down to?? It's less than a week away now..slowly getting used to the idea. I hope I don't regret it. I've been going back as forth for a few years now. Everyone seems so happy with their results. I hope I do too!

My PS recommended ScarZone, you can get it over the counter at Wal-Mart for about $10. It is a silicone based cream and has worked well for me. I do have one little scar about 1/2 inch that is a bit raised on the top edge of my left nipple, other than that all of my scars are practically non-existent!

The week will probably crawl and fly simultaneously! Good luck, I'll be checking in to see how you are doing!

I had my surgery in August. It was actually 8 months yesterday. I started running in February though I could have been running much before, I was just too lazy to do it. Then I found a program that intrigued me and thought I would give it a try. You start with incremental steps between running and walking alternating one minute each for 20 minutes for at least three days a week and then you progress to 2 minutes run 1 minute walk and keep inching your way up until you are able to run 20 minutes consecutively. It really worked for me. I think if I hadn't done that I would have gotten off the treadmill when I couldn't even do 5 minutes and never gotten back on. Now I'm working toward a 5K (3.2 miles) and then I'll start working on my speed.

Congratulations on being almost done with your degree. That is wonderful! Good luck on your final!
Ive tried running now with the big boobies and it hurts! I still do it for short intervals, ill run for 30 seconds, walk for a minute and so on. Ill try your way. Sounds doable :)

And thanks!! 3 more days and ill have no school and then i can completely obsess about my surgery lol

I was totally consumed with thoughts of breasts and breast reductions before my surgery. My husband said it wasn't fair that it was OK for me to spend hours on the internet looking at boobs, but he would get in trouble for it! Good luck on your finals!
Haha thats totally me!! Cant stop obsessing right now. Thanks :) Im just hoping to get through this week. I cant afford to be distracted. One of my last courses for my degree and I need it to graduate. So much stress with everything going on right now.

What is your course of study/major?
Im doing my Bachelor of Management in Human Resources and Labour Relations. So close to being done. Monday is my last final for this semester and then i have one course left to take which will be in July/August and then I will officially be done my undergrad career :) Something else to look forward too!

My graduation is in October and I want to lose more weight by then. Hopefully Ill be able to hit the gym by mid-june again.3-4 months of cardio (ill be able to run!! :D ) and i hope i can drop another 20 punds. So much going on this summer.

How long has it been since your surgery?

Having it taken out is the easiest part. It isn't a needle that is in your arm or hand, but actually a small tube. So imagine your vein is like a straw and the IV is just a smaller straw that slips inside of your vein. There is a little poke as it goes in, but that is it. When they take it out it is simply just sliding out. You will do great!
Thanks for your encouraging words :) Ive been trying not to think about any of it but its exactly 2 weeks away now. Im trying to focus on studying for my finals but its so hard not to think about it

The surgery will really happen in the blink of an eye for you. They will start an IV sometime after you arrive to check in. The surgeon and anesthesiologist will come in to talk to you. Once they are ready in the operating room they will take you back. They will put some medicine in through the IV and within a few seconds you are asleep. The next thing you know...you are waking up and can see someone standing at the foot of your bed because your huge breasts are gone and you can actually see over them! You may  have discomfort, nausea, or disorientation upon waking. Just give yourself time to rest, listen to the nurses, and before you know it you will be on your way home.

Are you staying in the hospital overnight? Do you have someone who will be at home with you to help you during the first week?