A Stomach I Have Always Dreamed of - Calgary, AB

I have had back surgery which left me with scar...

I have had back surgery which left me with scar that starts at the front of my stomach and reaches around to just below my bra strap. I have also had a C section and have lost 80-90lbs which has left me with a significant amount of hanging skin. I would love to be able to where a bikini one day the last time I wore one I was 10 years old and my back surgery was performed when I was 15 and left me with a huge scar. I am so excited to have booked my surgery!!! Now for the count down. I will post pre-op pics closer to the date.

2 weeks pre op

I decided to add some before pics, I'm completely disgusted. Unfortunately the dr told me he wouldn't be able to rove any of my scoliosis scar. He says that it will likely be moved closer towards belly button. Oh well still no bikini but at least I will look good in a one piece and into clothing. My mood is switching between excitement and having anxiety about the pain. I have continued to lift weights because the nurse told me that having my other muscles strong will help with recovery.

Question

Just a few more days and am I ever paranoid about getting sick! Everyone at work has a crazy head cold and my doctor does not want me taking anything herbal because it is suppose to induce swelling. So I have been eating fruit and washing my hands like crazy! I can't imagine getting a head cold and coughing my fool head off during my recovery. Anyway I have a question? Has anyone purchased one of those rectangle pillows to go underneath your knees while you sleep. Was it worth it? and how long did you use it for?

One more day!!

A little more about me I'm 37, 5'4" and 152lbs. The smallest part of my stomache is 31" the biggest part of my stomache is 39". I have been eating prunes and drinking prune juice for the last two days since I am prone to constipation I'm hoping this will help. I am also going to try not to eat a whole lot today just mainly fruit hopefully that will clean out my bowls. My Dr. didn't want me eating any salt and just fruits, veggies and protien for 5 days before and after the surgery, which I have stuck to. He doesn't want me taking any herbs, protien shakes or vitamins for two weeks before surgery because it leads to swelling. Wish me luck and please everyone send me positive vibes and white light tomorrow!!!

I made to the flat side

Well ladies today has not been bad at all. No pain just discomfort! The dr told me my stomach were separated by 5". I've been prescribed Targin for pain, an anti biotic, anti nausea, regular strength Advil, low dosage aspirin and stool softener.

Sneak a peak

Painful evening

I believe I ate too much for dinner I had a chicken breast and lettuce. I was having trouble breathing and I had indigestion. Loosened my binder I feel way better now. Crazy I will only eat a little bit every two hrs

Car sick

I got motion sickness from the car ride home from the dr office I was on the car for 30 min with no anti nausea meds not fun. I would say 90 percent of the pain is back pain. Tonight at 7 30 will be my last narcotic pill. Then tomorrow I will be switching to robax platinum, muscle relaxer. The nurse told me that I wasn't walking over hunched enough and because of that some of my skin does not have good circulation running through it. So stay hunched ladies!

Drain is out!!! Whoot! Whoot!

I had my drain taken out today and I feel great. I never thought that the drain bothered but now that it is out I see what nuance it was and there is no pressure on the one side anymore. I got another binder today now I just have to wear one binder instead of two. I guess I have a really long torso and they thought that I would need a 4 panels which is two binders but having a 3 panel seems to fit fine. The nurse told me that the dr cut off approx. 2 lbs of skin and 2 lbs of lipo fluid. I thought that I needed way more then 2 lbs sucked out of me..I guess not. My next pre-op appt is at the 6 week mark.
I tried to do a big grocery shopping yesterday like one weeks worth and I barely made it through. I suggest just running out to do a day of groceries at a time I was ready to just lie down on the floor in the middle of the super market. I slept in a bed last night no more recliner and slept good. I had two pillows under my head and two under my knees. After a week of being at my mothers I am going home today hopefully I will have the energy to care for my daughter by myself. She is 11 and doesn't need a whole lot of help. The nurse says I can shower now but not alone for the first time because I will feel really light headed. My mother has a stool that can go in the shower I will use that. I will post some more pics in another week, no change since the last ones still crazy swollen.

Weird pools of swelling

Because I have scoliosis my change sits weird and is causing the swelling to make me look even more deformed. When I was 125 lbs I didn't look this deformed. The nurse has asked me flip my cg several times a day and has asked that I start wearing spanx under cg to help correct this. I hope it works if not I hope he does a revision for free.
Calgary Plastic Surgeon

Loved everything about my dr and his staff I doubt my results would be this good going else where. I'm sure having scoliosis is a PS's nightmare. He positioned my scoliosis scar so it is less noticeable, he took more fat out of certain areas and took less in other areas so that I look more straight

Reminder that the swelling travels down. I agree, wear your spanx and binder for the week and see what happens. It's only been 1 1/2 weeks. I have to keep reminding myself of that.
Did carol advise u to wear spanx as well?
She recommended me to wear a body shaper (same thing as spanx, I think) cause it would be lighter thxn wearing a tank under my binder,. I'm not wearing it now, but when I get home I'm putting it on
Plus if helps with swelling
When do you go back to talk about this? I hope it's just swelling..
My next appt is at 6 weeks. Not sure if I should wait it out or make an appt now?
I would atleast call them on Monday and ask...
I started wearing the spanx under the cg today. I'm going to give it a week and see if that makes a difference. I hope it does this mishap is starting to get me down. I know that he is an excellent dr and trust that he will make things right.
Yeah, I wish we could speed ahead 2 months!! Enjoy your wine!!
Weird how we r getting different instructions. She also said I could go on an exercise bike next week???? I don't have one though lol.... I'm really swollen in the lower area around my incision tonight, just going to relax tonight and take it easy tomorrow. Went to chinook centre and did a lot of walking today, now having a glass of wine. .... :)
Me too major swelling all over actually. I remember the pre op nurse told me that I couldn't put anything only scar for 4 weeks or I would get an infection. So I didn't even bother asking carol just assumed the info would be the same. I've been barely eating and I'm up 5lbs and can't fit into ant of my clothes. Good for u and your walking I don't feel up for it today.
I dare not try on my other clothes, I've just been wearing yoga pants and t-shirts, but I look flat from the side.... I've also tried on a few dresses and bought one... A size 10.... I'm thinking maybe should of bought a 8 as I'm still swollen and will lose more weight in the coming months.
I sent u a private message
They gave you another cg or did you have to buy it?
They gave it to me. My next appt is in 5 weeks. After they ripped out my drain all the back pain stopped
SWEET! Did the drain removal hurt?? I hear its like ripping off a bandaid..
Pretty much I didn't even feel it
You're looking good! The worst part is over. Rest up and take it easy :)
You look awesome, I had my surgery with Dr Perron Wednesday April 2... I felt like a truck hit me yesterday, I'm better today, more mobile, getting up and going to the bathroom on my own. I think u had Carol for a nurse, she is so awesome, I'm seeing her tomorrow for the dressing change.
thanks for the advice.
I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and still have a hard time eating large meals, hope it gets better!
You look so good this is inner off the best i seen on here your docTor did a great job continue to heal
Sorry one of the best job
Thank u! Thank u! It looks even better today!
Hope you get to feeling better