Not a Good Experience with Dr. Perron - Calgary, AB

I had been wanting rhinoplasty for years. I had a...

I had been wanting rhinoplasty for years. I had a very large nose, very wide, which made me look very mannish. I consulted with Dr Perron, and I felt he understood exactly what I wanted - a very feminine nose to set off my small face. I brought a few pictures of noses, and the one I picked was the same one that he agreed would look best on my face. His staff treated me very well, they were kind and funny and I felt very secure.

The problems started on the day of my surgery. Dr. Perron, after I was sedated, asked if I wanted the bump taken off my nose. In the consult, I had made it very clear what I wanted, and this threw me for a loop as I thought he understood exactly what I wanted. I also had a picture with me. He said "oh, we should be able to get you that nose" and one of the nurses said that wasn't realistic, which he poo pooed. He was annoyed with her, I could tell.

Well... a few weeks after the surgery, when I took the bandages off, I was extremely disappointed - my nose looked almost exactly the same! The bump was gone, and the tip more defined, but it was definitely NOT the nose shape or size I had told him I wanted. The office said to wait a few months because it took time for my skin to adjust to the new shape. When it became apparent that the nose I wanted was not the one that Dr. Perron shaped for me, I emailed the office, and was completely ignored. In fact, they would not return my calls, and never did do a follow up with me.

Dr. Perron costs more, and I thought he would be worth the extra cost, but he was definitely not worth the cost or the long wait. This was a one shot deal with me, as I do not have the funds to redo my rhinoplasty, so I have been left feeling bitter and disappointed, years later. I told no one about my surgery and NO one, not my mother, sister, or any friend, noticed a difference in my appearance!

I would never EVER recommend this man, he does not care whether you are happy with his work, and honestly, he completely misrepresented the nose he would give me. I still feel ugly because I have a very manly nose.
I do not agree with your review. You should have been more proactive in scheduling your monthly post op visits. These appointments are necessary for tracking your progress and discussing any issues/concerns. Sending an email to compain about you outcome is silly. Especially if you live in the same city! My surgery was with Dr. Perron as well - and I was also displeased with the initial outcome - and so was he. At my 9 month post op we both agreed that a revision is necessary. I am now booked for June for a full revision and he will not be charging me for additional costs. I agree that the doctor asking you any questions after you have been sedated is rather unsetteling - however, this is your nose, you should have been more proactive in following up with the doctor if you were not happy.
Hi there. I also had a rhinoplasty back in August with Dr. Perron and I am not at all satisfied with my nose. It looks nothing like I want it to and in fact looks rather the same. I think it will be necessary I go for a revision, any suggestions on how to discuss this with him? I have an appointment booked to see him in April so I will bring it to his attention then. I don't think it would be fair for him to charge me any additional costs.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!

Calgary Plastic Surgeon