Very Disappointed with Outcome - Calgary, AB

I have selected Dr. Zakhary for my rhinoplasty...

I have selected Dr. Zakhary for my rhinoplasty surgery based on the good reviews of ratemds website.
Well, that was a HUGE mistake I made. In my mind I thought that those doctors ratings must be TRANSPARENT and ACCOUNTABLE. But now when I look back and read them again, it becomes so obvious that most of her postings were written by her office or her. They are so similar/type and most of patients won't be writing the same "wonderful" type things, as everyone's experience is different. Her rating is highly OVERRATED!!!

It's been less then 6 months post my rhinoplasty surgery, and regardless common thinking about swelling etc etc - too early to tell, the outcome - my nose is asymmetric and a tip is crooked. And it looked like that when my cast came off.
So at the end it all comes to doctor's skills and professionalism, which is NOT the case here.
Her comments on my concerns - that I am in good hands, its all swelling 90% bla bla bla. She never said I am sorry, I screwed up. Also she said that she is not "responsible for patient' healing" and that a tip of my nose "pulling to the side", which is not in her control, but it looked like that right after the cast came off - before any healing happened.
Anyway, by not accepting responsibilities for her bad job with my surgery, she is acting very unprofessional.
Now I have to wait and to find someone professional for a revision.

I am so disappointed with Dr. Zakhary. Please, DONT select your doctor based on "wonderful" rating. Don't make the same mistake I did. I don't regret a rhinoplasty in general, but I regret every day that I chose her.

Good luck everyone with your doctors! Just choose wisely !!!!

PS. I won't post any photos due to the privacy.

RE: About choosing wisely...

I just wanted to post some information I didn't know about. That related to transparent doctors' practices I mentioned above.

Calgary Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for the post! I completely agree with you, and I believe she writes her own posts too!!
Thank-you for this review, I am also concerned about Fake reviews from Doctor's as anyone can leave a review. I don't take any review seriously that is too general. Reading a lot of general reviews makes me suspicious. I have been on the fence on whether or not I should get this procedure done. If I could 100% trust the surgeon I think I would do it but honestly I don't believe that will be a reality for me so I think I will abstain from the surgery. While my nose is a bit too big for my face it is not horrible by any means and I am cute the way I am. I wish it were smaller but I don't think the surgery is worth it considering how many things can go wrong.
I had my Rhinoplasty with Dr. Zakhary 3 months ago and it is healing very well! It was swollen at first but of course got better after the first 3 months. Many Doctors told me this was normal. I will post pictures later :)
You should post your pictures to prove your claim. I am sure that you look great and with time for healing you will continue to improve. It is true that the surgeon cannot control the patient's healing but Dr Zakhary will always work to help you have the best healing and result possible.
It's too bad that a doctor with years of experience doesn't understand a concept of clients' privacy. I don't have to "prove my claim" Dr. Zakhary - you are not in a court room. This website is for patients, where they express their opinion and feedback. My pictures are not posted here for a privacy reasons. My advice to you - instead of controlling your ratings on reviews, you better focus on improving your surgical skills, so there would be no more patients like me, whom you left with deformed, asymmetrical noses. I regret every day the choice I made regarding a surgeon!
Thank you for sharing on RealSelf!
I really wish I could share a positive experience. Hopefully one day!
Was your nose totally straight before? Request pre op photos from you doctor. I'm asking because after two surgeries my nose still pulls to the right and probably always will. Maybe get a second opinion from a revisionist.
Thanks for your comment. Yes, my nose always was straight and symmetric. The issue is that my nose during the surgery was "scooped" more on one side then the other, which created the asymmetry, and some other issues.
I'm sorry to read about your disappointment. Unfortunately many doctors have fake reviews and they just care about making money. I hope you fond a skilled surgeon to correct this doctor's mess. Good luck.
Thanks. I hope too! I hope I can find someone skilled, with a professional attitude.