Breast augmentation-330cc teardrop shape, silicone gel, high profile implants

I am 28, with no kids and I have ALWAYS had small...

I am 28, with no kids and I have ALWAYS had small boobs! I have always wanted bigger boobs. I've tried gel bras, water bras, push ups, double padded push ups, you name it I've tried it.

I have finally made the decision to get breast implants as I am tired of hiding, covering up or being ashamed of my small chest. I am 5'6'', 130lbs, and my current shape would be "pear shaped" but that's about to change. I am very tiny on top and have hips.

I had my consultation on March 19th, 2013 and went in thinking I knew exactly what I wanted. I did NOT want tear drop implants, I wanted to be a certain size and I wanted the areola incision.
My doctor educated me on all the different types of implants and helped sort out a lot of misinformation I had. I have read many negative comments on the tear drop implant because of shifting. He informed me that tear drop implants have not been made available in certain areas and require unique training in order to implant them properly.
Basically for a round implant, the doctor creats a large pocket to place the implant and it can move freely in that space. For a tear drop implant, the doctor must actually create a very specific pocket to the exact measurement of the implant. He said its like fitting a hand into a glove. It must be precise. He also said the implant must be texture so that the tiny microfibers can adhere to your tissue. So he said that for a natural look, my best bet was textured silicone tear drop shaped implants under the muscle. Being under the muscle also slightly helps in the prevention of capsular contracture.

As for my incision, he did inform me that the areola incision can cause lose of sensitivity of the nipple and cause issues for breast feeding. He recommended the incision under the breast crease as it is small, hard to see and because I may breast feed in the future. I am getting approximately 270-300cc to be a full C.

So there you have it! My surgery is booked for the morning of April 22nd. I am very excited and very nervous but mostly just excited! I plan to post pictures and updates as much as possible as I have noticed it is hard to find information on tear drop shaped implants.

I am two and a half weeks away from my surgery and...

I am two and a half weeks away from my surgery and I am getting excited! I am also getting very nervous. I keep having dreams where I am waking up in the middle of the surgery and can actually see and feel everything. Ahhhh!

I am having a hard time keeping myself from buying new bras and bikinis because I am excited but I know I have to wait to see what my actual size will be. I have decided to stick to my original plan and get the tear drop shaped implants. I had my final consultation and we have agreed on 325cc. I should end up around a full C. That's hard to imagine for someone who barely fits a 32 A.

I know all of my friends and especially my fiancé are tired of hearing about boobs but I just can't seem to help myself. I have boobs on the brain lol. Only a couple more weeks and I will finally leave the itty bitty titty committee to join the rest of you :)

Okay ladies! I am 4 days away from surgery!!!! I...

Okay ladies! I am 4 days away from surgery!!!! I got my check in time today so I'll be at the doctor's office at 7:15am on Monday morning! Epps!!! I'm starting to get extremely impatient! And yes!!! Every person I know is tired of hearing about boobs! Especially my fiancé!
I have my Metamucil ready, have my antibacterial body wash, brand new sheets, my surgery day outfit, house spotless, dog set up with daycare, sports bras, extra frozen meals, tons of movies and time booked off! I hope I'm not forgetting anything.
I'm worried that I picked the wrong size, although I did want to stay on the natural side. I'm going with 335 cc silicone gel HP anatomical implants. I guess we'll see.
I wonder if I'm forgetting anything! Does anyone have some helpful hits based on their experience? Any advice is appreciated :)
Let the countdown begin....

Okay ladies! Today is the day! It's 6:00am And...

Okay ladies! Today is the day! It's 6:00am
And I'm getting ready to head to the centre! I will see you on the other side!!!! Wish me luck :)

Hey ladies! I am home and resting. Everything went...

Hey ladies! I am home and resting. Everything went really well. They have me Percocet right after surgery and it didn't really do much. I was in so much pain. The ride home was awful. But fortunately I got to take OxyContin about an hour and a half ago and feel so much better. I still can't really move my arms or breath in deeply without a lot of pain but I'm very comfortable when I don't move. I can't really see how they look yet but they are puffy and swollen. I'll post some pics once I get a good look at them. My doctor was amazing and the nurses were awesome.

Day after and I'm feeling pretty good. My pain is...

Day after and I'm feeling pretty good. My pain is quite manageable. Yesterday I took 2 OxyContin every 4 hours with Tylenol two hours after the oxy. Today I did not need the Tylenol and waited 6 hours to take the oxy. I'm really itchy from the oxy so that would be my only complaint today. I've been taking gravel with every set of pills and have not been nauseous at all. I'm not eating huge portions but I have been able to eat soup and crackers and cheese. I also had some meta mucil but it hasn't worked yet :| overall I like whats happening with my boobs. They are high wide apart and swollen but I can tell they'll be exactly what I wanted :) thank you for all the support in helping me through this process. I found this website sooooo helpful.

Yesterday I was feeling great. So much so, that I...

Yesterday I was feeling great. So much so, that I told my fiancé not to wake me up during the night for the pain pills. I thought I'd be fine. I was wrong!!!! I woke up in so much pain. I would sugges that you do as the doctor says and stay ahead of the pain. I regret that now. I thought I could start slowly weening off the pain pills but obviously it's still too early. Ugh! Not much change from yesterday. Oh and another thing, I took my first shower last night and afterwards I put some lotion on my chest (nowhere near the incisions) and I felt like air bubbles moving around. It's was gross and made a gurgling type noise. I've heard some of the other girls discuss this. It was not fun! I've called my doctor and am waiting to hear back. Just to make sure everything is still fine. Anyways today is my worst day for pain so far. But it's probably my own fault since I didn't take my pain pills as directed. I slept most of the day so far and plan to try to sleep some more.

Hi ladies!!! It's been six days since my surgery...

Hi ladies!!! It's been six days since my surgery and I have been resting, relaxing and loving my new figure! So far I am really happy with my decision and all the pain has been worth it.
I am not going to lie, trying to ween yourself off of the drugs early sounds tempting but is quite painful. Tylenol and Advil do help somewhat but they don't take the pain away entirely. I suggest following through with your doctors advice and using the pain pills as long as you have them. I have found that one works as well as two most of the time so once you're on your second or third day, try taking them less often and take one instead of two. I am down to only taking one oxy at night because after a day of movement, you can get quite sore...or at least I do. Yesterday I decided I could do some house work and vacuumed, did laundry, dishes and cleans the bathroom. I regretting afterwards as I was quite sore but that's why it's good to have a oxy available at night.
I had my post op appointment yesterday and my doctor told me everything looked great and that I could now wear any bra of my choice as long as it was supportive and preferably had now underwire. I will still wear my surgical bra at home but at least I can wear some simple comfy bras to work next week. I got sized at a 34D or 32DD. That is a little bigger than I ever wanted but it's only because my nipples are still quite swollen and they sit so high. I will post some pics to see my progress so far :) thanks for all the well wishes and support!!!!

Hey ladies, when will these start to soften up?...

Hey ladies, when will these start to soften up? They're so hard!

Hey ladies!!! I am two weeks post op tomorrow and...

Hey ladies!!! I am two weeks post op tomorrow and things have been good. The swelling has gone down which is such a relief! I was worried that I went too big. I'm very excited about the size and shape. They seem to be dropping quite a bit and I have been able to do more activity than I expected at this point. I tested the water with a few short run/jogs and I gotta say I feel pretty good. I wear a very tight sports bra which keeps everything from moving around. The only pain I've had associated with the breast is "morning boob". Totally sucks!!! I did however get a intestinal infection because of the wide spectrom antibiotic I was on. As a side note,I definitely recommend taking a probiotic to prevent that! It's been awful! Now I'm on another round of antibiotics and they have given me a rash over my entire body! Ugh! But I said if that's the worst part of my healing process, I feel pretty good about that. I took my steri strips off two days ago and started using the silicone scar strips and cream. I'll post some new pics! So far I still think everything has been worth it!!!! Hope you're all doing well!!!

I'm almost three weeks post and feeling wonderful....

I'm almost three weeks post and feeling wonderful. I've been pretty active without any direct upper body work outs and everything seems to be healing nicely. I've been using my scar strips at night and scar cream 4-5 times a day. Still having a difficult time sleeping comfortably because I am typically a stomach sleeper but I'm getting used to the new position. I love them! They are perfect and it was worth it :D I still have some dropping to do but overall I'm happy with where things are so far!

Finally have a big girl bra!!!!

Hey ladies, just a quick note to say I finally decided to break down and buy my very first real big girl bra! It was again a toss up between a 32D or a 32DD. I went with a 32D because I felt more support although the sales women tried to talk me into the 32DD because she said it fit better. I'm happy with the bra! I don't feel like a 32D but until the settle down, that's where I am. I was hoping for a full C and I think that will happen once these babies drop fully. Overall I LOVE them! They are so much fun to have and I do not regret it for one moment! Hope everyone has an amazing weekend :)

1 month post op!

Hey ladies,
I am currently one month post op and I already feel like they are apart of me. I have returned to all normal activities like running, working out, lifting, etc. (I am still not doing pull ups as that just scares me).
They still sit quite high but I see changes every once in a while. Can't wait for them to be lower. They definitely feel A LOT softer and more natural now.
I still sleep with lots of pillows and can wake up with a bit of morning boob every now and again.
My scars seem to be healing great but I haven't noticed any significant changes since the last update.
Overall, I'm very happy! So worth it!!!
Calgary Plastic Surgeon

I chose Doctor Whidden after consulting with a different doctor and checking out many other online reviews and stories. He is highly skilled, very friendly and knowledgeable and he has extensive training.

Hi! What size of implants do you have?.. I still can not decide 330cc or 370cc. Thank you
one year lady!!!! how are you????????
Omg I love your results, my Dr also suggested tear drops, and all the negative comments turned me off, after see you I feel much better. Do you have to wear a push up bra to get cleavage with tear drop implants?
Hey I am having the same size and shape implant as you, how do they look now and are you happy with them?
How are things??? Update lady! I feel like mine are so high and look so fake and am wondering if other whidden patients are like that or just because I picked the wrong ones?=\
i really love your result the scar is almost invisible nice love it hope to have great result as well
All I can say is DAMN. They really look sooooooo amazing. I love ur profile pic!!!!! I wish I could go braless in a tank and look so sexy!
stranger!! LOL do you ever check your email ;) how are you doing???
hey lady! How are you doing? I imagine things are great since you have been away from this site, it's nice to feel a bit normal and not be stalking this site anymore hey? lol. How did the 6 wk app go? I go tomorrow, as the email stated it's only 10 minute appointment so I am sure it will be in and out and good! Hope you are doing well!
Looking good girlfriend!
oops, i am a dummy. ;) i see you started using the scar strips a little bit ago!!! pleeeeeeeeese keep us posted on how they work!!!
Thanks, yeah I've been using them for about 3 weeks or so. They have been working well. I feel like I am healing well but it's hard because I don't have any comparison. I go for my 6 week post op appointment next week so I guess I have to wait until my PS tells me how they are doing :)
looking REALLY good!!! you are healing great! when do you start using the silicone scar strips?
Oh wow you are looking really good!! Your scars look great! I'm envious. So glad they feel apart of you and it's impressive you are back to your normal life!!! And they look like they really are getting soft! Mine are slowly but surely getting softer:) but not that soft yet. Thanks for the update!!
Thanks :) how are you doing????
Better! I'm feeling human again lol. Did you ever get my message?
You look AMAZING!!! Your icision scars are barely visible and you seem to be healing extremely well, looking good;) I can't wait to go bra shopping, LOL.
Thank you!!! I've been using scar cream and silicone sheets from my PS. I definitely recommend them! Bra shopping is very fun! :) no more 32A :P
Thanks for the update. You look great! seriously! I can't believe how much you can squeeze them now! I'm a few days behind you, and I sure can't do that yet. I hope I'm healing okay. I can move them, but not alot. You look great in your new bikini too!
Thanks!!! You look pretty great yourself :) they have gotten really soft in the last week or so. Coincidentally that is when I started back at the gym and working out my upper body again. Not sure if it is related. Thanks for the support! Shopping is much more fun now :)
You look great! I also went shopping for a new bra. Its strange to look for one that doesn't have any padding or push up.....:) I wanted just a lace bra, I was looking at them wondering if I would still be a small, or maybe a medium. the Lady came over, she said to try a large!! What! me a large???? wow. I figure I'm a 36C, but she was right, the large fit comfortably. Th medium fit, but it was snug. I still feel like I need some give....ahhh bra shopping, such an adventure.
You look great! A side not about the bra...you mentioned you want to be a C and not the D that you're measuring right now. Did you happen to be measured at Victoria Secret? If so, they do "vanity sizing," and their bras run 1 size small. If you were measured there, you likely are a true C. Regardless of your cup size, you look picked the perfect implant size to compliment your body :-)
Oh and I forgot to mention...go to a site called A sophisticated pair. The bra size calculator on that site is supposed to be the newest and best way to measure. Often, your band size should be smaller than what you're wearing and your cup size larger to give proper support. Your measurements will likely change over the next couple of months as you continue to drop, but it's a fun little tool to use!
yay a real bra! lol that must feel amazing! Have you had a chance to wear it all day? I Wonder if it will be comfortable? Im itching to get one!! Your incisions look great too!
you look awesome!! they really compliment you. ummm, thanks A LOT....now i am wondering about the gummy bears!!! lol!! ;) i was soooo sure i wanted round!! hmmmmmm......