Just Started Picosure - Burnley, UK

So I had a tattoo on my arm to cover a previous...

So I had a tattoo on my arm to cover a previous scarred tattoo that I had tried to remove (by tattoo erase). After firstly loving the tattoo this quickly turned to regret. I have had one treatment of picosure but I'm very concerned about the underlying scars affecting the treatment. I'm in a deep depression over this.

Picosure session 1 update

Ok, so I am 3 weeks post treatment 1 with picosure. I must say the actual treatment itself is not that bad, bearable just. I think I have quite a high pain threshold though. However I find the worst part by a mile is the week or 2 afterwards when the itching kicks in, it still itches now. Although as previously mentioned in have a lot of scar tissue underneath the tattoo so that may be something to do with the itching. As can be seen by the below pics, there ha been a lot of fading. Although being the pessimist that I am I hate that the lines and red are still very much there. (It's worth noting that the stars were added after the initial pic was taken). This process has made me extremely depressed, beyond words even and I have taken a lot of time off work to deal with this. I would literally give anything to have this off my arm. But anyway, if there's one slight positive is that the laser has definitely worked a bit from the first treatment.

Picosure Update

So it's been a while since I last posted on here but I've had some encouragement from wilks to do this. I'm now a year on from my first picosure treatment and very recently had number 5! I was in a much better place a few weeks ago but this last treatment has hit me for six for some reason. I'm just terrified that this will never go. If you read my previous reviews my main concern is that there is a scarred tattoo underneath the big one which I tried and failed to have removed with tattoo erase, the scars are very white.

Anyway here's an update on how it's looking. Please ignore the shocking selfie!!

Update

Question

Hi all, I've had 5 picosure treatments now and whilst the tattoo is obviously fading, I haven't noticed much from 4th to 5th treatments. The treatment is obviously very expensive so I have a question.

The lady I see is very nice and very understanding. She obviously has a lot of experience with lasers and has a big client base. She makes me feel comfortable. However there is a technician in London called Wayne who does nothing but tattoo removal and was a previous tattoo artist I believe and he has great reviews.

The lady I see does all sorts of treatments as well as tattoo removal so doesn't just focus on that one thing. I am thinking of travelling to London to see wayne and see if he can blast away the majority of the rest of the ink. My question is do you think the skill of the technician is a big issue given the fact that the same machine is being used?? It is just an awful long way to London and I don't want to waste my time if I'll just get the same results with my current technician. Any feedback would be most welcome.
Andrea Catton

Andrea is extremely nice and very understanding and knowledgable. I would recommend her to anyone considering this procedure.