Burning Sensation & Edema from Lipo

I was told I would only be out 2 days & could...

I was told I would only be out 2 days & could return to work as normal by the following monday. It was over 3 weeks before I could put in full days & with that I could only stand due to the pain of the edema. The burning sensation has not ceased.

Beverly Hills Aesthetics

When I asked him what went wrong, he had no answers for me. He continues to say I am a slow healer but I have never been a slow healer & this procedure was done 2 months ago. He wont take the time to research what could have gone wrong. If he is the professional, he should be able to tell me why I have such intense burning & if he doesnt know the answer then he should research to get me an answer!

I had my stomach liposuction 3 months ago am very happy with the results but what the doctor doesnt tell you is how long the recovery is.I still have swelling when I use my stomach muscles at work(am a cleaner)so have to wear a full garment ,personally I think it is tissue damage which hopefully will ease in time ,I am thinking maybe 6 months.
Well mine lastes close to 5 hour had a lot of fat removed now the swelling is going down the hips are getting smaller thank god the lower stomach still looks kind of big but they told me at the dr office that it is still swollen so still hoping for the best the burning is getting better and didn't really had much brusing so it wasn't that bad only wearing the garment when I'm going to be standing for long periods of time because its marking my skin and well still waiting to see better results hope they happen son
Kathy, I think there actually IS a limit to the total areas done because a tumescent liquid is injected into each area to "prepare" it for the procedure. This liquid has lidocaine - an anesthetic - and antiseptic in it, so it numbs and keeps the area sterilized. There is the risk of "lidocaine toxicity" if one does the entire body f'instance. But depending on the total amount of fat being removed, I guess it's the doctor's call as to how much tumescing liquid will be injected. The other critieria would be total number of hours under general anesthesia. Most docs won't go over 6.5 hours.
I do get the burning feeling when i get up to fast or turn in bed but once i'm up and walking it gets better, I also thought that there was a limit on the areas they could do at one time, but I guess every doctor is different or mine just decided to go for it.
Thank u now I'm feeling a little bit more pain when I get up or sit down, the left side is less swollen than my right side,don't know if that is normal,I just want to get this over with the garment is driving me crazy and with a small baby is hard sometimes , hope u feel better soon
I had liposculpture done on August 5th, no major pain ,just an uncomfortable feeling, I am swollen , I had it done in my whole stomach, outter thighs, my whole back and under my buttocks, so far I cant really tell the difference since im so swollen ,hoping for the best cause I am not willing to go thru the procedure again, mine was done manually no smartlipo no machines nothing
no pain sounds great - doesnt sound like you will have the same or similar issues that i did. i did notice the swelling does stick around for a while so it really is hard to see what the final result will be till much later. i am just happy to hear you had NO PAIN - to have that many areas done and not feel pain? i thought they were limited to the areas they could do at one time...wishing you much success.
That's great! Be proactive and I hope you will get to the bottom of the issue. Post a note up here if you do, cuz I bet there are others out there with similar post-op situations similar to yours.
Well, the doctor should be absolutely forthright and upfront with you! The more you know about what size cannula he used, and if he used tumescent liquid, or if he used "power assisted" (where a small machine actually helps the surgeon "power" that cannula through the tissue), it would help you and your primary doctor figure out what to do next. Do you need an MRI? Would/could that even show tissue damage at the site where you feel that sensation? Is this just scar tissue that pulls on your insides? Could a small endoscope be threaded into your navel area to take a look? Could this be a form of nerve trauma? These are all steps I'd pursue. As long as all your other bodily functions are fine, you are probably out of the woods. But there *have* been cases of organ puncture (even intestinal) and the consequences can be severe. So don't stop looking for answers till you are A-OK! Good luck to you in this ongoing recovery.
Very good advice - thank you so much for taking the time to write back. I will look into these - since I am not 100%, you are right - there could be more going on that needs attention. Great insightful response. thanks, again.
Keekeeaz, What kind of lipo did you have done? SmartLipo? Traditional? Vaser ultrasound lipo? It sounds like something just plain isn't right if weeks after you have that burning sensation. Did it ever resolve and are you feeling ok now?
I thought it was SL but turns out the did a liposculting method since it would take too long to do SL. You are right - something wasnt right. in Aug it will be 5 months & while I am not having the severe degree of pain in the area, every now & then if I move a certain way or stretch to get something, that familiar sensation returns. it wasnt until after the surgery & issues did i review all the blogging on this & realized there are a lot of people out there having issues & my primary doctor said this is really a traumatic surgery & the industry makes light of it.