Will the GREEN PEEL Actually Be THE Peel That Makes a NOTICEABLE Difference? - Burbank, CA

I have done several different superficial peels...

I have done several different superficial peels but none have really been of any noticeable difference. Sure, my skin looked smoother at first but then seemed to go back to its old self, i.e., thick, oily, uneven textured, superficially scarred skin, with its large pores esp. on my nose still noticeable as ever skin, in addition to hyperpigmentation, still as noticeable as ever, making me feel like more self-conscious than ever....ughh. I do everything from using Retin-A to Tazorac gel to even trying Ma Ma lotion to see if that will make my skin look smoother, all to no avail. So I'm willing to give the "green peel" a go because it looks like it will actually peel a layer or two away and maybe even help with my hyperpigmentation. I would just like to get a peel (or two?) that will have a noticeable effect on the hyperpigmentation, scarring, and help my skin look somewhat brighter and smoother, and stay that way. Not expecting baby smooth skin, just nice improvement is all I'm hoping for, and I definitely don't want to go with injections like Radiesse, etc., too invasive for me. I have a consult tomorrow, so I will go from there. I'm hopeful. To be continued. :0) We shall see.
Burbank Dermatologist

Hey Michele, how did it go?

How did the consult go? Are you going to try it, or keep searching for something else?

Hi Megan, Thanks for your posts. I really appreciate the support. I went to my consult on Tuesday. I was nervous, but the nurse and her assistant were very kind and asked me lots of questions about my skin care and other peels I have tried in the past. Dennie explained the difference of a major green peel and the mini green peel. I was impressed with her knowledge and the time she took to explain what the peel could offer. She thought the major green peel would be ideal for me, but because I don't really have the time to take off work right now, I opted to do the mini with the hopes of doing a one or two more down the line, depending on the outcome of the first one. I am scheduled for a mini green peel on the Thursday before the Memorial day weekend, so that gives me about 4 1/2 days off to recover. The cost is $275 -- not too bad considering it's all out of pocket; it's cosmetic so my insurance wouldn't cover it anyway. I'm excited. I'm sure I can drum up a photo of my face to post -- although I might do a little camouflage like they do in those books when the person doesn't want to reveal their full identity-- cover my eyes or something like that. I'm really shy about revealing my identity, but believe me, people will really be able to tell that it's me, the same person, before and after. :0) ....I'll keep everyone posted and will get a picture taken to put up soon! Thanks again. Sincerely, Michele

I think its a good call to start with the mini, kind of test the waters and go from there. Hopefully it will turn out great and you'll be wishing you had done the major - but better that way than doing the major one and wishing you hadn't.

Yes, camouflage those pictures up until you feel comfortable!! Nothing wrong with that. So glad you are willing to share your experience with us!! :)

I HAVE DONE MORE THAN 10 TREATMENTS, TO PEOPLE THAT HAVE BAD SCARFS. THE RESULT WERE BEAUTIFUL. I KEEP THEM UP TO WITH INFORMATION ABOUT KEEPING RESULTS FOR LONGER. THE GOOD RESULTS ARE HALF HALF. FROM SPECIALS AND CLIENT. IS NOT JUST FOR SPECIALIST, TO GET THE MONEY AND DONE, IS ABOUT TAKING CARE OF CLIENT ; AND EXPLAIN STEP BY STEP.