Mixed Results - Do Your Homework! - Burbank, CA

While I would definitely do it again, MANY doctors...

While I would definitely do it again, MANY doctors take out too much fat, and eventually, you will get a "hollowing out" underneath your eyes. It doesn't show the first year or two.. but eventually, it does. This is a VERY common mistake plastic surgeons make when doing this procedure. And I thought I had one of the best... used to be head of Plastic Surgery at St. Josephs hospital in Burbank! Fairly prestigious place! But he took too much fat out (and, after the surgery, my eyes were even then a little uneven, and honestly - he didn't seem to care or offer to fix it, even it was pretty noticeable.)

I recently had Restalyne injected underneath my eyes to even out the hollowness. That worked like a dream...

So.. I'd still do it all over again. But if you are considering this procedure and have not done it yet, discuss this issue with your doctor! See his/her response.... you'll know then if it's the right doctor.

Again - that all said - I would do it all over again. Having big bags under your eyes can make you very self conscious, and NOT having them now has made a world of difference. Huge!

I'm 99% certain this is the guy: Dr. Meronk They changed their website and I haven't looked at it in some time, but I'm pretty sure this is it. Take a look... they really address this issue of hollowness. Seems like they really know what they're doing. I'll double check and write back if for some reason this isn't him. But I'm fairly certain this is the dude.... :-)
Hi Mary, If you can find the site of the guy from Oxnard (where is that?) please let me know. Regarding the other posting, I too am surprised that the doc would not show photographs. Dr Amron, dermatolgist, works with Dr Nassif. They have been on Extreme Makeover, I think. Thanks, again.
Well, I would just say don't go to ANYONE who isn't referred by someone, and/or the very least you've seen their work. That's what I hear all the time... do not go to a surgeon unless they're referred by someone who you know is happy with the work they've done. I had uppers done too, but had it done very conservatively, so no hollowness for me. Just the hollows underneath because of the fat. Personally, I think it's weird too that doctor doesn't have before/after photos. My first consult (a few years before I actually did it) was by a very well known surgeon (on TV and off) who's work was amazing. Even HE had before and after photos... maybe I'm wrong, but it seems odd. Wish I knew NYC doc's better and could help you... try a new thread/post if no one jumps on here and knows the doc's around there. Good Luck!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I felt he removed too much fat, and then didn't care to "fix" or "tweak" what was clearly uneven (in addition to removing too much fat.) Even one of his staff admitted to me it wasn't quite right, a few weeks after surgery... but he had no intention of making it "right." :-(