Facelift and Upper/lower Blepharoplasty with Dr Komwit at Bumrungrad and GHT

I had a facelift + upper/lower blepharoplasty with...

I had a facelift + upper/lower blepharoplasty with Dr Komwit at Bumrungrad facilitated by GHT.

I am 7 days post op and I am over the moon.................. as I can already seen a massive improvement. You can hardly notice the scars around the eyes, incredible............

Everything went extremely well!
I am astounded at how quickly I am recovering! and the fact that I did NOT experience pain after the operation. Only some discomfort and the cold of the ice packs over my face. I did NOT have to take any pain killer

I saw Dr Komwit on Tue, had the operation on Wed (7 hrs!), he and the anesthetist both checked on me the next morning and I was discharged that day, taking home antibiotics, sleeping tablets, and pain killers (that I did not require at all!). Went back to the hospital 3 days after for a check up then 2 days later to get stitches removed. My last visit is in 2 days (11 days post op) before I fly out.

GHT were very efficient to organise everything a short notice ie a week!
I was picked up at the airport, Sugar from the Patient Care Team took me to all my appointments and she knows Bumrungrad inside out so it was very easy. Loverly the registered nurse has been looking after me extremely well and beyond what would have been expected. Although I could have looked after myself, having someone to apply the antibiotic cream behind my ears.

In terms of discomfort, the first couple of days were a bit tough, mainly because you need to sleep with your head up and that is not really easy. The sleeping tablets really helped there. Also the antibiotic cream makes your vision blurry. The bruises have quickly disappeared but my face is still numb on my cheeks and neck. This is normal and it will be a few weeks, possibly months before I get feeling back.

Bumrungrad in my opinion beats most Australian hospitals in terms of efficiency and care.

So all in all, I am really pleased that I did it and saved about 30 to 40% by doing it in Thailand even considering flights and accommodation.

My one suggestion is to have your questions ready at each visit as I found that information may not be given unless it is asked for.

Good luck....