The Uplifting Experience (or Not?) - Bumrungrad, Bangkok

Hello, I am compelled to write this review after...

Hello, I am compelled to write this review after my own experience. I am only 3 weeks post-op, so the verdict is still out as to whether it was worth it or not. My general feeling is one of shock at the intensity & seriousness of the whole procedure. I DID understand that it is surgery, but I did not realize how in depth it was. The surgery was face.neck left & blepharoplasty upper & lower. ....58 yrs. old, healthy, no risk factors.

Our consult appointment ( my husband came as well) made is sound so simple, so easy. The operation was a great success. I was alone ( first mistake!!) Stayed in the hospital 2 nights ( Bumrungrad-beautiful!) Back to hotel on 3rd nite. Late in the evening on the 3rd night, the right side of my face started to swell, & became so swollen that I walked to emerg. ( 2 min. away) There was nothing they could do, so in the am. I reported back to my dr. who promptly re-operated to remove the huge blood clot ( basically it was a HUGE hematoma).

I believe it may have been caused by some movement on my part that aggravated my situation that evening. I really don't know. I was feeling great up until then & was quite thrilled that all had gone so well. What came to my attention after I could think again was that so many women are not that well aware of how serious this can be. There is no way to know if you will have complications. I am doing well now, but the recovery will take a lot longer ( that's a learning curve in itself! lol!) Or course, when things don't go well, & the surgery was an "aesthetic choice" or optional, there is always the psychological implications. Those dancing demons that usually come out at night and berate you for being so stupid & tempting fate! ...which are the last thoughts you want to be having right about then!!

I have no complaints about my dr. He was very helpful, & always made me feel like he cared. His wife was equally as helpful, & the staff are great! That is a very shortened review of my experience, but here are some guidelines that may help you when you decide to do this. 1) Do not come alone. Bring someone to actively help you. Be a diva!! 2) It is CRUCIAL not to turn your head or talk for at least 3-4 days. 3) Do not try to open your mouth 4) Do not smile 5) No one can predict your road to recovery. There is no way to know how your body will react... how much bruising or swelling or whether you will have complications. 6) Give yourself at least a month to look presentable to the world. That way, you will be pleasantly surprised if it only takes the famous "two weeks"! 7) Skye hotel in Bkk is close to bumrungrad & quite nice-inexpensive. Ariyisomvilla is more expensive, but oh so nice! ( I stayed at both) That's about it! As I said, I haven't decided whether it was worth it or not. ( I am one of those people who never thought they would do something like this) I will post in another 2 months & let you know! I hope that this will help someone make an informed decision. All the best!

Dr. Amorn Poomee

Dr. Amorn came highly recommended by friends, as well as by review on the internet. I was not disappointed. I believe he is a very experienced, capable dr. My complication not due to any negligence on his part! It is just one of those things that happens! Dr. Amorn s wife also works with him. She is a lovely lady, & can help you with any of those things you really don't want to bother your dr. about! She also is in the surgery with you. I had full confidence in this team!