I Have a Bulge of Skin over my Tummy Tuck Scar-any Ideas???

I had my procedure done @ a military hospital by a...

I had my procedure done @ a military hospital by a board certified plastic surgeon- I am not a big girl- I am 5'8 and weigh about 145. I got the procedure a few months after my third child- I went in for a umb hernia and advised could see plastic surg and it was scheduled in 2006-they advised me could not dettach my bb b/c of surg for hernia- after the surgery he adv me did not need drains and I wore a compression belt-

I think the scar is okay-but I am not happy that I have a hard area below my bb -it is like a roll- I have not gained or lost a lot of weight- not sure what to do. One surg advised lipo and the other a new tt-help??- one of my friends said it may be scar tissue- but it is very painful to massage it-???

Maybe you shouldn't be eating all those Cookies n Cream bars, FATTY
Hello JML, I am also scheduled for a tummy tuck with a military doctor. I know he is board certified because I check his credentials. Did you pay for the tt procedure? I thought it's free if they have it done in a military hospital. I reside in Wa. state and we go to Madigan Medical Center. When I discussed this with the surgeon, no dollar amount was discussed.Am I missing something or maybe you can enlighten me a little here. Thanks for any advise you can give me.
I was reading your story... As far as your bumpy hard skin, there is ultrasound treatments your doctor should have provided them to you after treatment. If not go get them. You can do them once a week and it will guarantee smoothing of scar tissue and the hardening of the skin. Really good idea might even smooth out the bulge. Tara Reid should go and have them done.
The pics are three years post-op, so I am sure swelling is not the issue-after all the feedback I have read I think. My skin may be tethered to my muscle because I can move my scar around it is not tethered on the sides but the middle I can not pick up or feel under my scar- this is all I can figure!!!
I had a tt 8 weeks ago and I still have a small bulge over my incision...some days... Mostly when I have been up and about and doing a lot. I've noticed that when I was wearing my binder for those first few weeks that I didn't have that. So I wonder if the body is just adjusting to holding in those muscles without the extra support of the binder and it's causing swelling. I hope that is it nothing more than that for you. How far out from your tt are these pictures?
ms amber - my tt was about 3 years ago - i have never heard anything about hydrocortisone- but can't hurt right! Also my guess would be the lumps are scar tissue from the lipo- I remember seeing pics of celebrity Tara Reid and she had some and they said that was the cause_ just a guess though (:

my nurse at my doctors office said hydrocortisone after my scabs fall off? hear anything about that? but I am going to try the vitamin E thing too. :) thanx also how long are those pics after your tummytuck? Also about your question on fixing that bulge lipo works good. Some places its cheap and easy too. Just beware with the scams. I had lipo done during my TT and now I am 2 weeks out and I got hard painful lumps in my upper muscle/abs area. Not sure what is going on...

thank you so much blackrainbow- I used the vitmin E capsules - u can buy them @ walmart- just break them open and it is a thick clear liquid- my surgeon told me to use it on my scar (:

i think your incision looks great though. nicest one i have seen yet you can barely tell at all what did u use if you dont mind me asking?

I have the same problem. The (what I Call it) bicycle tire did not appear until about 6 months after surgery. I am also tall (5'9") and not overweight (147). Right now I am not so worried about the appearance as just recently, 8 months post op, I have suddenly developed severe searing pain along the incision line when I stand for longer than 5 minutes!! It's strange how this extra "bulge" would be devasting to me if it were not for the mysterious pain! My doctor also said it was fat (hard right?) and a little lipo would take care of it. I was under the assumption that a tummy tuck took that fat away. Also, have you seen the other before & afters? They had alot more fat than I had & they do not have this bulge. What can you do??
I also have the bulge or ledge just above my scar. My SP told me it was fat. He said I could remove it with Lipo. Iam somewhat not happy because I asked if I needed to have fat removed before the TT. He said I didn't need it. It's like they moved the fat from the top to my bottom. I just had my TT April 1st. Iam going to try to work out and hope it goes away.
Thanks Sharon
Sorry, my mistake! Yes, you already did. Here's a link: Excess skin over Tummy Tuck scar
Can you tell me if I did it posted on ask a doctor?
Hi JML, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. You might also consider submitting your photos/question to our "Ask a Doctor" section, where you can get a variety of surgeons' opinions. Here's the link: Ask a Doctor Best of luck to you, --Sharon