The procedure was fine, I guess I'm a bruiser. I'm...

The procedure was fine, I guess I'm a bruiser. I'm 54 and Hayes the loose skin from weight loss and age. I just thought I'd be able to go back to work in 2 weeks, but my neck muscles on the sides are swelled really bad. I look like I hit an airbag in a car accident. I did everything I was supposed to do prior to surgery. I'm a bit freaked, but I can tell my neck looks great...and the peri oral dermabrasion is looking better.

Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf! You might want to check out this thread in the facelift (different than a neck lift of course but with some similar components) community about how long it can take to heal from procedures like this.

Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!

Got the staples out

I can tell I am going to look great. My major issue was the bruising of my eyes. If I knew that would happen I would have thrown in a brow lift! Despite using Arnica I look like someone punched me in both eyes. My neck is looking better, but i had bruising all the way to the V in a t-shirt. I did have peri oral dermabrasion and the doctor had me use crisco believe it or not for the area around my mouth. I guess it's working...13 days post OP , I still have red, but it's smooth and very nice! I also need an extra week off, I told no one, so I'm not going to The office looking like a battered woman!

Black eyes

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Staples out...feeling better but BRUISING is YUK!

I started doing house work, but I can't go back to work yet. The Derma-blend doesn't cover the black eyes and my neck is still bruised, I hate turtle necks and one would think it would be cold enough to wear them up here in Toronto, but it's been in the 60's! So I am praying that by Monday this bruising will dissipate enough with the Arnica. It is day 13 so miracles I did t expect, but looking like an eggplant wasn't what I expected either.

Before

Some before pics of the neck I hated!

The Worst of the bruising...post OP 1-3 days

This was how yucky it looked...

Starting to look better

Well...I have to go back to work Monday so I suppose I'm going to have to use the Dermablend and wear turtlenecks. Does anyone have ear pain at 2 weeks post OP? My ears are so sore and the neck strap hurts. My doc still wants me to wear it till I go. Ack to work and to sleep in for awhile longer. One ear is really red and the other looks ok. The peri oral dermabrasion looks great! I graduated from CRISCO which I slathered on everyday to a nice cream they gave me. I'm still washing my hair with baby shampoo...how long does that last? My hair is long, it isn't the best!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Forgot, I had lipo of the neck too....

The incision for the chin scar is teeny...I couldn't be happier about that! Does anyone use scar gel for the ear scars after they are healed? I ride a motorcycle and pull my hair back all summer..I'm hoping the scars won't be noticeable.

My doctor called this a mini lift ..should we change the topic my reviews are under?

ah, gotcha. I'll make the topic switch now. :)

Thanks!

Getting better by the day....

Well i went back to work with black eyes...my husband said I should tell people, "you should see the other girl"...hahahaa, as if I had a fight. Well, it looks like an airbag went off and pushed sunglasses into my face so it certainly was believable. If I didn't get black eyes there would have been no issue. I have a blood vessel disorder that I am sure had something to do with the excessive bruising. When I had lasix i kept getting conjunctival hemorrhages in the right eye and no one could figure it out. This year I was diagnosed with cardio lipin antibody syndrome, and I still am not sure what it means. Obviously it causes me to bruise more then others. My doc didn't think it was an issue but he said he knew i was going to be a bruiser from the first shot. i should have scheduled 3 weeks off, but I went back to work after two, had a business trip, came back with a fluish thing. i got scared that it was related to this but i have no open sores and have been perfect about my care. How long does everyone use the chin strap? I think that is causing rubbing on my left ear that looks like I have Halloween costume ears! I have long hair so it isn't noticeable. I'm still using peroxide and Neosporin. My peri oral dermabrasion looks great...a little red, Dermablend light works fine. Nothing fully covers the black eyes. I love my neck, i just cant wait for the lumpiness to be gone...I have to learn to be patient and realize I am not like others...we all have different bodies and healing rates. but I know one thing, I love the results so much....i hated what was happening....im still the same, just refreshed. No eye job, nothing dramatic. I am thinking of botox again for the over expressive forehead i have but it only lasts a few weeks for the money I spend so I'm exploring the newer things out there. The only negative during recovery was I TV shopped and E-Bay and got 5 pairs of boots and shoes, new clothes and jackets for work to the tune of 2 grand!!! I wiped out my savings...it was fun! I discovered the jewelry network and picked up some things there too. I did go back to work looking well dressed despite the black eyes!!!! My husband was freaking out over all the boxes so I bought him some hunting gear and he was happy. Love you all!!!

Some pictures

Some pictures to go with my last post?

Three weeks out...

Slowly but surely!

Looking Great!!!
I actually felt better today..I'll see the doc on Nov 4th....so I will concentrate on work, icing at night and watching these bruises go away. My husband returned from hunting so I can't whine too much anyway! I was so glad it was hunting pm season, cause he's been at our camp and I could heal in peace and quiet!
I was laughing my head off at the negative side of your procedure! I could see this happening to me.

Dermatologist fixed my ear

She said it was red and was from sleeping on that side for years. in fact that side has always been red and it almost looked like I could have had an earring ripped out of the cartiledge...seems that surgery and the chin strap rubbed enough to cause a crater..small really but she numbed it and leveled it out. Ofcourse now it hurts and I have to take care of it with cleaning and neosporin yadayada..what a freaky thing to happen. I had asked on the Ask a Doc forum about it and posted a picture and only one doc answered and said I need to get back to the surgeon. im glad i went to the dermatologist, she knew right away and now my ear will heal and not look like I have leprosy of that ear! NOW my neck looks good...needs healing and I'm massaging with Cocoa Butter Oil twice a day..Its got the lumps and bumps like what I have read about on here..it hasn't even been three weeks. I still have a noticible black eye healing on the right eye and I am getting sick of cover up. The dermabrasion looks great...still some red but smooth. I'm going to grow old gracefully so I think this is it for me. ipIll keep the wringly forehead and smile lined eyes, I just hated that neck!

Thanks! It's going to be beautiful!

Three weeks and much better!

Massage with cocoa butter oil...clean ears..sleep with chin strap on wedge pillow, low salt. TOO MUCH surgery crap...just started my elliptical today with chin strap on, want to go back to Zumba or body combat.

Ahead of the game

I went for my almost one month post OP and Dr. Sherri's said I am healing ahead of most! I have really come a long way in a short time. I massage every night since I taught myself the lymph drainage technique. I use little round ice packs when I can and I can't believe that I'm at work with regular necklines! I do have swollen salivary glands, but that is because I have an auto immune disease called Sjorgrens. I'm so pleased with the results so far! Wow..what a difference a month makes. Thanks to all out there whose profiles helped me through. Mylady

Some new pics post OP One month

Looking good...the ice and massage really help!

You look great! I see you live in Toronto, may I ask why you went to a surgeon in Buffalo? (I also live in Toronto)
Hi Hopeso...my boyfriend lives in Buffalo and the surgeon came highly recommended. Plus it was easier to recover at his place. I really have to say, the surgeon was great!
Thanks for your response Mylady. I hope you are fully recovered soon.

7 weeks post OP-Incision behind right ear

So, I got a cold last week which has kicked my butt...been at work...going about my usual and I noticed the incision behind my was swelling up as the cold got worse. My glands were swelling up too. I have an autoimmune illness called Sorjgrens disease that causes dry mouth and dry eyes...dry what ever. Anyway, this morning the incision was feeling so swelled and when I cleaned it with the cotton ball and peroxide I noticed some red. I went to the doc after work, my primary first, and she put me on Bactrim because she thinks the incision may be infected. Not only that, I am coughing up grossness..so I have an infection inside me. I just can't figure out where the infection came from! I have been Mrs. Clean since the surgery and Mrs. Straight, smoothies with veggies and fruit...protein...just being really healthy! The only thing different is the kitten I got. She's a doll, and lifts my spirit when hubby is away hunting. I thought it may be from her...how, I don't know. All I know is that I'm happy as heck with my mini lift and these little bumps in the road are just that! And I will say, I massage those bumps! If the swollen glands go away, my neck will be tight and fantastic!

Love

I'm satisfied and starting to feel great!

Smile!

So happy!

Hi Mylady, I had a rough healing period too! But I had my surgery back in the dark ages of 2006 at 42 -- so I was hoping that things had progressed and maybe they had better techniques now. I had general anesthetic too. Don't know how some brave folks on here had courage to have some other kind of sedation. I hope everything goes well for you from now on! Keep us updated :0)

Seven days later...and almost eight weeks post OP...

The incision is all healed, but I have been sick with horrible fatigue and a heavy cold. Almost like the flu but I had a flu shot. It's. Even 3 weeks, the last week being the worst. Kinda makes you feel a loss of control to be so sick...especially when the incision blew up behind my ear with puss and my glands are still so in the way of seeing the try results. I'm sure we all go through different healing patterns...for me, I should have taken 3 weeks off from my busy HR Director job, and when I tried to work at home I had no concentration. I have faith that I will feel like my sexy self real soon! My guy gets frustrated cause my ears are sensitive and he's a big guy who doesn't realize he hurts me. Back whe I had my boobs done I swore he was going to pop them! Here are some pictures...you guys tell me.....

I'm moving to Buffalo soon.....waiting for my Visa
Hi Natalie...in retrospect I think my issues were linked to the autoimmunes I have. I've got goody things...eventually I think they will diagnose me with lupus...but I live my life as if I'm 100 percent. If I didn't have huge swollen glands my neck would lol great...but it is way way better! Happy trails!
Thank you!

Still have swelled glands

Did anyone else ever have swollen glands for months after the surgery?

You should really be thoroughly checked for signs of ongoing infection (white blood cell count etc) Your symptoms are worrying. Can you go back to see your surgeon?
Hi there...I was on a couple of if fervent antibiotics...WBC was fine. Having lots of blood work ..I will let you know the turnout!
Thank you!

Starting to feel good!

I feel good but I was also eating too well and through this healing I packed on 10 pounds. There are other things going on physically that ontributes to this, ofcourse.

So it is January 19 and I am still feeling lots of side effects from my neck lift. My ears are at the point where they feel like they were frozen and they are at mid thaw, more in the lobe area...wierd feeling. My scars are a pain in the arse around the ears...I have long hair and seem to comb or brush them a couple of times a week which gets them sore and they swell. My primary gave me a topical antibiotic for secondary infection, and I had to use that a couple of times on my scars when they blew up! It's not that I don't like the results, I am very happy that the fat and extra skin is gone. My neck didn't match the rest of me, I felt so old. I love the "cuteness" of my face...not ridiculous, mature, but cute. I don't like the underneath...there are still wrinkles, and my glands are so visible that I look a bit disturbing. Plus they hurt. I am still working with another doctor about autoimmunes and they said I didn't have Sjogrens after a year of thinking I did. That would have explained the lymph nodes and glands. I wake up swollen a lot. I don't eat a lot of salt, I make antioxidant shakes in my Vitamix...I add everything from cranberries, kale , spinach, apples, protein powder, I grind flax seed in my grinder , carrots...and this is every day since the second week after surgery. All I want to do is feel healthy! I don't even work out that much because of the swelling. It's been since Oct 3....about 14 weeks and this hasn't been an easy heal for me. I do not like the lumps, one doc said that they aren't the salivary glands and one said yes. If they are large lymphs I wonder if they can make tiny incisions and suck them out. I had a lymph node removed from under my arm once. It swelled up and it scared me. It turned out to have swelled from tattoo ink! He showed me the gland (or lymph) and it had black ink in it. Biopsy agreed with doc....nevertheless I told tattoo friends that this can happen and to be careful. I am done with tattoos! Ok, so overall I'm happy with my surgery. I have to give it more time, but I need help understanding the swelling that hurts. I made a neck warmer out of material with white rice and I heat it for 40 seconds in the microwave and heat my glands, or lymphs, or whatever the freak they are.......soft , squishy spots that have what others call crapey skin that measures an inch or so...in fact, on the right side they are like two soft almonds that are waterlogged with a line that separates the two. I just thought of this, what if those LUmps are displaced fat from the lipo in the middle? The middle of my neck is hollow and that looks wierd too. I wanted smooth...my profile on the right looks so obvious that there is something in that little neck! You know, in a way, the bottom of my jaw looks like it did before only the loose rolls are gone. There remains the wrinkles, the middle is hollow and the soft lumps are very apparent to me. This has been a good post for me, because I now think I know what may be going on. All I have to figure out is the pain from swelling. I bet, if my PS realizes that it's fat and not glands, he can go in through the same teeny incision and suck the three lumps, two on the right side, and one on the left side, right out. What to do about the crapey skin? That I'm not sure. I wish it was right the first time...I bruised horribly and was a bleeder. Maybe since I've gained 10 pounds and am eating really well, no meat other than venizon which has low fat, not hormones and no antibiotics (We eat what my husband hunts. ), it won't be as difficult to heal if I need a tweak. I would never say revision because that co notates something wrong and I don't think that is the case. I have a good surgeon...he will know what to do. Peace out to my friends in the land of wanting to keep ourselves attractive! Right on!

Photos from early January 2014

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I reviewed under the comments...

I realized I made my review under the comment field.

You look great! I just had a face lift in December and it took weeks for me to look human! But Dr. Winslow did a beautiful job. I am so glad to be rid of my fat neck and saggy jowels!!!
You look beautiful! Thank you for posting your journey back to self. I have the same swelling in the same region on my neck, some days worse than others but I have always had that due to allergies. It just wasn't as noticeable with all the excess skin and fat that use to be there. One thing that has helped my neck swelling is to take Sudafed, Claritin and two Tylenol(the Tylenol is for sinus pressure pain). Sudafed drains not only my sinuses but my neck glands while Claritin dries up the excess excretions and protects me from reactions. I am on a regimen of organic vitamins and juicing organic. I also purchased a whole house water purifier and make sure if I do drink bottled water it is from a natural spring source with no BPA in the plastic. I've been doing deep breathing exercises and meditation, clearing of all that is negative. I wish you the best in your journey and just know that no procedure will ever be exactly perfect. I recently celebrated my 59th birthday and life is good. ((Hugs)) Silverlining
Hi silver lining! That used to be my CB name years ago! Thank you for replying..you gave me a lot of ideas...I have a nose spray called Dymista that has both the properties of Claritin and Sudaphed in it. I stopped using it when I had the surgery and I'm going to try it again. NOT ONce did I think this might be sinus, which I do have! Wow...you gave me an epiphany! I'm thrilled. I just ran over to my purse to get my spray. I will try this first and if it doesn't work I'll try the Sudaphed and Claritin mix. I can't thank you enough for these tips. by the way, you look pretty darn good yourself! I just hope this big gland goes down so I can look as good as you...your lovely.

Glands and behind the ear scars.

Well, the glands...submandibular? parotid? ....what ever they are, still hurt, still swell and still look like two almonds on one side and one almond on the other. I go back to the surgeon Monday morning. It's been about 17 weeks, and I'm just not thrilled with this pain and ugly look. When I look at my profile from either side you see the lumps. I traded one ugly look for another for 7grand! Yes, the fat is gone, yes, my face looks softer and younger, but this is frustrating. I don't blame the doc, but we have got to find out what's going on. Maybe it's allergies? I go to the other immune specialist Wednesday. Originally I thought it was Sjogrens, which is dry eye , dry mouth, which could cause gland swelling....but with all the blood testing over and over for a year and a half I still have no answer on any autoimmune disease because the blood tests show weird autoimmune stuff, and then 12 weeks later the blood work comes back normal. The reason I say allergies is that I do have them and noticed the glands under the fat folds of the neck before. I started taking Dymista spray and Claritin ...so far nothing has changed except I breathe better. BTW, I am going for a sleep study The 12th cause I have difficulty sleeping and my husband says I snore terribly. Since my surgeon is an ENT guy, I'm hoping we will start going in that direction.....perhaps this is all just swelled glands from a combo of allergies and healing. My scars are still quite tender. I try not to hit them with the brush and comb...LOL. Today for no reason at all the end of one of the behind the ear scars started bleeding at the end. I cleaned with peroxide and went back to my office. I've been using coconut oil on the scars, the same I cook with. Oh, and did I mention that since this surgery I gained 12 pounds because I over age the first two months like crazy, and haven't been to the gym. I dislocated my ribs so that is healing, almost healed, but I've been so paranoid of all this swelling that I haven't wanted to work out. Sugar was an addiction for that two months too...but I'm off that crap now. I know it causes inflammation. But, I'm paying the price cause my size 5's don't go over my rear end which seems to have grown overnight. I bought a lot of jeggings and boots and jackets for work because my work clothes will fit again! I'm not going to let this win...although for the first time in years I can't wear tuck in shirts cause I developed a roll over my belt. I am scared to weigh myself. I'm guessing by which clothes fit and which don't. Quite frankly I'm super depressed and unhappy. This surgery kicked my butt...more then my boobs or tummy tuck! I can't even get huffed by my husband cause it hurts my ears too much and I squirm and he gets frustrated. Ok..so I've whined a lot here...It is winter..it is very cold and snowy and besides work I've left the house maybe 10 times since surgery. I had two car accidents this winter, neither my fault but resulting in $1000 deductible. Oh, did I mention since surgery I went on a binge shopping spree too? I've managed to get it all under control, but I have some beautiful boots, jewelry and clothes....thankfully I am paying it all off. So...I'm always in pain (2 back surgeries and herniated disks in my neck) and now I have this neck swelling pain. Oh, just put me out of my misery! Lol....anyone really reading this must think I'm seriously disturbed. I'm not, I just have some impulse control issues.....I'm pretty sure swelled glands aren't a part of that! Love you all.....we are all struggling in some way...and I would do this over again because I look better despite all my whining.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

How do you edit your post?

I meant HUGGED..my husband hugs me...not huffed! XOXXOOXO...MYLADY

Hi! I know you will have a better experience then me cause you have been through a lot. I'm excited to see how you do, look and feel! Congrats! Xo
I still have scar tissue that I try to massage away. It worked well for the large scar tissue under my chin/in my neck, but doesn't seem to be doing much for the scar tissue on the sides of my face. My body did absorb some of the filler that was put into the right marionette line of my face, which is a risk that I took. Fortunately they have one syringe left for me. I hope there will be enough to do the marionette line and my lips.

ear scar

this is my scar...left ear rear....

Finally I know!

My neck lift is perfect, it's my health that isn't. I finally have the diagnosis, it's Sjogrens disease. Affects my saliva glands and the reason why they are swelled...nothing to do with the surgery.....having an ultrasound on my neck to see if there are stones in there....if yes, I have surgery to remove the stones and the plastic surgeon will have to fix my neck again, but not so invasively, just to get the neck smooth and scarless as he can. The disease is annoying but isn't a life threat...I'm happy I finally know what is going on!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Time goes on and I like my neck more and more.

There are some imperfections like a few wrinkles but I don't look pulled and fake. If I didn't have this surgery maybe the docs wouldn't have found my autoimmune..who knows. I still have pain and swelling in the submandibulars but I'm on a new med called Pacquinel or something like that. I'm praying it takes the swelling away. Hope everyone that reads this is doing well!

Your smile is so pretty, I hope you do it often:)

Seven months later

Well, despite a weight gain of 25 pounds, being off work for disability because of my chronic back pain, I have to say that I look great. I do have very swelled submandibular salivary glands, but I am on a new med from the rheumatologist that is supposed to start working between three and six months. A long time to wait for these glands to respond. However, despite the adversity in my life, I have to plod on. And I have a beautiful neck and skin that is amazing to plod with me!

New pictures

Lousy photo editor on the IPad . Ok, you can see the glands...I'm on medication called Plaquinil to get these babies down. Also, I have quite a .......neck muscle? I forgot the name. I go back to the surgeon for a follow up in June. I wish it was tighter but the stupid Ganda ruin it. I spent seven grand to see my swelled glands better! LOL...I actually love the no blubber look under the neck.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Does anyone think I need it tighter?

Maybe I need better pictures.

Well, could be worse...

This was the neck before...yucch. Then me recently. The real me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I did t gain 25...ugh...15 and I'm losing it...

I hope my weight gain doesn't affect my neck.

You look great....
Thank you....makes me feel like it was all worth it.
Sorry you have had to endure so much :-( you look great. & have a beautiful neck to go with that lovely smile :-)

Funny thing about the difference in people.

I can't believe how some women have no problems, no bruising and so little pain. I am truly happy for them, cause it wasn't the case for me. I'm starting to want a butt lift or lipo cause I can't work out anymore due to my chronic lower back pain and fatigue. I was a size 5 jr or 4 women's last June, and I went shopping the other day and had to buy size 6 and 8 shorts and capris. I still will not weigh myself. I just went through such a depression over work, pain and fatigue that I can't go back to work. My disability plan is great, but won't be good enough to pay for a butt lift ...LOL . I will now just start reading all those posts. I do love my neck. It looks great and most say they don't see the swelling in my glands that haven't gone down yet due to the Sjogrens. I have learned quite a bit about autoimmunes since my journey started here. So , one ear lobe is still getting feeling back, the scars behind my eats are still tender, and my husband is still a hard hugger! Xo

8 month review

I went to the doc and so far so good, except that I needed shots into the scars behind my ears to flatten them. I go back in Sept for another check. He isn't taking my post picture until one year. Besides the swelled glands, which are the Sjogrens disease related, I certainly don't have the blubber neck I hated!

You look beautiful and have helped so many by sharing your detailed journey. Thank you
YOU Look Gorgeous.... Weight will go up & down, mine did before and is again... You Look amazing..... I lost 61 lbs on nutrisystem, and a spokesperson, IF you ever wanna join Let me know can save you $$... Other wise, eat a low cal high protein diet & Lots of H20, and you'll be fine...
I just love you all!

Eight months Post OP

I took this outside away from the crappy bathroom light. Wow, I certainly see the difference in this picture angled upward!

Thank you everyone.
Thank you and I am very happy with my results. Now I just need my health, as I have been out of work with my back and fatigue. I had a great job, and now it seems like I won't be going back. It's complicated, but suffice it to say I'm working on a severance/ settlement and disability. Nice outcome for my pretty face.
My Lady, Amazing Results You Look Fabulous You must be over joyed...

Update

Hey friends! I figured I would whine a little. My right ear is still so numb that it is disconcerting nine months post OP. The scars behind my ear are thick and sore. They come out horizontally about a half an inch from the back of the ear, so when I pull my hair back, which I have to do to ride my Harley, well, they are noticeable unless I pull my hair downward. I'm supposed to go back to Dr. Sherri's in Sept but I don't think I can wait. He injected something into those scars last time. I wonder if these are keloids. They are raised and sensitive. Ok, so this picture is me at a wedding last month. The angle is strange, I look like all boobs, but the weight gain is noticeable in the size of my face. I do think that I look younger than 55, though. Also, not one person ever said a thing to me. No one knows! I do have an update on health. I still have swelled saliva glands due to Sjogrens. While I had them before the neck lift, I think that surgery unleashed my autoimmune full force. I'm still off work, still not getting my disability because of the fact that I have many issues and the insurance company is really taking their sweet time, which is killing me financially. I don't take this lightly. No one gives up a 100k plus job to be like I am. Between the major depressive episode I experienced in May, my lumbar spine deterioration and herniations, the fact that I really can't ride my Harley, the chronic fatigue from the Sjogrens disease, well, I am not doing well. A lot was caused by a toxic workplace. I'm not going to elaborate but suffice it to say that I can't function at that level. I'm on two anti depressants, a variety of meds, pain med and I'm miserable. But I look good, even chubby! Once all this disability is worked out I want to change careers. I will update everyone as to my scar progress and numbness, as well as the always swelled glands. They always hurt but went down a bit. Once they resolve if ever, I already see loose skin. Sometimes when I look upward my neck, under my chin looks lumpy. My profile is marred by these glands. Ok, I vented and whined. Pray for me friends, I need it.

Wow you look great
Great to read ur comments
You look great!! So sorry about your health issues, will send a prayer your way.

My neck is ruined because I have swelled glands.

Sjogrens Disease has caused me to have painful swollen glands and nodes that've ruined the look of my neck. Plus a weight gain of 30 pounds from medications has put me down in the dumps. It slapped on after my surgery! For me the neck surgery bought my autoimmune disease out furiously. I had to medically retire, take meds that love to get ya fat, go through my Uncles Death last week. It's not been a good 2014. The weight gain has loosened the skin too. So my seven grand neck, well, the fat is gone but it's lumpy. Pout pout. I didn't have a clue all this would happen. Even my face is puffy from meds. I don't mean to be a drag. It's not the docs fault. It's my body. Guess the lipo for my back and butt is out! LOL

So sorry to hear of your loss and medical problems. Hon, you still look fab!! Lift yourself up with friends and family, maybe a little shoe shopping?? Start planning for the holidays, and keep busy. Here's hoping 2015 is a better year all around for you! here is a much needed {{hug}}
I bought a Dooney and Burke purse, lol! ...I always did the boot shopping thing, so 40 pairs is enough...right now I'm planning for Long Term Disability from work and applying for Social Security. Once all that is in place I can take a breath! Thanks. :)
Thank you! It's been a year now. I starting to feel comfortable, and maybe the biopsy I have scheduled will solve the gland and node issue once and for all!

Feeling much better at a year.

I can't believe its a year! Last week the doc took the scars off the back of my left ear because they were thick and wide. What a difference! Even though I hate the saliva gland lumps, I am feeling better about myself. Yay! I also have a much better camera in my new phone which helps detail the shots better. The stitches came out a few days ago and it feels flat back there ! The doc showed me the flaps of skin he took off...wow...I was speechless. I wish they could do the same to my boob scars and the elephant ears on my hips! LOL

Doing much better. My sister is improving and things r pretty much back to normal. Thanks for asking.
I felt this...you seem like a very nice person.
Buffalo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic doctor, office assistants and care.