So Far So Good? - Buffalo, NY

I am a 42 year old woman and I have been unhappy...

I am a 42 year old woman and I have been unhappy with my chin/neck for the past few years because it seemed like my face was starting to connect to my neck on either side. It really made me look heavy in pictures and I am in good physical shape, exercise regularly and eat fairly well. I had to have a new ID card taken for work in March and when it came back it was TERRIBLE. I went home and made the appointment for a consult with a PS I had 2 prior surgeries with (rhinoplasty and BA). Right now I am 5 days out and I am already pleased. It did look alot better day 1 post op and now it seems like it's a bit more jowly. I am assuming it's just swelling and will begin to look more refined as time goes on. I am wearing the chin strap 24/7 except to shower and eat. My PS advises the strap for 2 weeks constantly and then 2 more weeks at night. The only bruising I have is toward the bottom of my neck and it is yellow. My jaw feels a bit tender if I touch it but other than that, I would not consider this a painful procedure at all. I have not taken any pain medication. There is some mild itching and this chin strap SUCKS. It presses my ears down and they hurt worse than my neck.
So far so good..I will update as time goes on and try to post some pics..

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pics added

I think you are looking great so far- thanks for starting a review.  Did you take two weeks off from work so you could wear the chin strap full-time?
Thank you :) I typically work from home 4 days a week so I was able to get permission to work from home the entire 2 weeks. I feel very lucky that I have that option!
That is great- I work from home too and love the flexibility!

2 weeks post op

tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op and honestly today I am feeling a bit down about the whole thing. The swelling has gone down a lot. Last Thurs I had my stitches removed. The Dr said everything looked great. I actually think I looked better last week than I do today. My face looks so uneven. I am a little worried because the swelling has gone down so much, I just wonder if I will be permanently uneven and jowly. I read somewhere on here that the best time to view your results is 1 day post op or 6 weeks post op. I hope that is right because I was very happy with my day 1 post op picture. Todays picture, not so much.

I'm having the same exact issue! I am now a month out. Will be following you to see how you heal.
I'm taping up my neck and wearing a big scarf like my mother did when she went to the grocery store in the 70's.
And big Jackie O sunglasses. It makes you look mysterious.

3 weeks post op

I took my weekly picture today and there was a bit of improvement in the lumpiness so that made me feel better. I have no traces of the yellow bruising left, though my jawline is still a bit tender if I touch it. I'm still wearing my strap overnight for one more week.

It looks good... Do you have any recent pics??? I want to do mine as well when I go in for a BBL. But I'm worried about my cheeks. They are chubby right now... I'm hoping they slim out before the surgery. I don't want to suck fat out of my face.
You are looking good. :)
Hi! So things have started looking better the past week. The lumps are smoothing out significantly. I am still swollen but much less and I am getting smoother. Still some tightening needs happen in order for me to be pleased but since I can feel that I am still a little swollen yet, I am optimistic that as the swelling goes down the area will continue to look better and better. I was pretty down last week and now this week things are definitely turning around. My husband even commented on the improvement;, so hang in there! I'll update y'all again next week !

6 weeks post op

It's been 6 weeks today since my chin/neck liposuction. I had my follow up visit last Thursday with my surgeon. I could tell he felt bad that I am still jowl-y and he said they may improve but he did not look or sound hopeful about it. He said to wait 4 more months and come back for some Juvederm injections to fill in the area. At this point, I am not sure if I will do that. I've attached the 6 week pic.

I think you look Great! No juvederm is needed.
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon