So Far So Good? - Buffalo, NY

I am a 42 year old woman and I have been unhappy...

I am a 42 year old woman and I have been unhappy with my chin/neck for the past few years because it seemed like my face was starting to connect to my neck on either side. It really made me look heavy in pictures and I am in good physical shape, exercise regularly and eat fairly well. I had to have a new ID card taken for work in March and when it came back it was TERRIBLE. I went home and made the appointment for a consult with a PS I had 2 prior surgeries with (rhinoplasty and BA). Right now I am 5 days out and I am already pleased. It did look alot better day 1 post op and now it seems like it's a bit more jowly. I am assuming it's just swelling and will begin to look more refined as time goes on. I am wearing the chin strap 24/7 except to shower and eat. My PS advises the strap for 2 weeks constantly and then 2 more weeks at night. The only bruising I have is toward the bottom of my neck and it is yellow. My jaw feels a bit tender if I touch it but other than that, I would not consider this a painful procedure at all. I have not taken any pain medication. There is some mild itching and this chin strap SUCKS. It presses my ears down and they hurt worse than my neck.
So far so good..I will update as time goes on and try to post some pics..

Pics added

2 weeks post op

tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op and honestly today I am feeling a bit down about the whole thing. The swelling has gone down a lot. Last Thurs I had my stitches removed. The Dr said everything looked great. I actually think I looked better last week than I do today. My face looks so uneven. I am a little worried because the swelling has gone down so much, I just wonder if I will be permanently uneven and jowly. I read somewhere on here that the best time to view your results is 1 day post op or 6 weeks post op. I hope that is right because I was very happy with my day 1 post op picture. Todays picture, not so much.

3 weeks post op

I took my weekly picture today and there was a bit of improvement in the lumpiness so that made me feel better. I have no traces of the yellow bruising left, though my jawline is still a bit tender if I touch it. I'm still wearing my strap overnight for one more week.

6 weeks post op

It's been 6 weeks today since my chin/neck liposuction. I had my follow up visit last Thursday with my surgeon. I could tell he felt bad that I am still jowl-y and he said they may improve but he did not look or sound hopeful about it. He said to wait 4 more months and come back for some Juvederm injections to fill in the area. At this point, I am not sure if I will do that. I've attached the 6 week pic.
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon