So Far So Good? - Buffalo, NY

I am a 42 year old woman and I have been unhappy...

I am a 42 year old woman and I have been unhappy with my chin/neck for the past few years because it seemed like my face was starting to connect to my neck on either side. It really made me look heavy in pictures and I am in good physical shape, exercise regularly and eat fairly well. I had to have a new ID card taken for work in March and when it came back it was TERRIBLE. I went home and made the appointment for a consult with a PS I had 2 prior surgeries with (rhinoplasty and BA). Right now I am 5 days out and I am already pleased. It did look alot better day 1 post op and now it seems like it's a bit more jowly. I am assuming it's just swelling and will begin to look more refined as time goes on. I am wearing the chin strap 24/7 except to shower and eat. My PS advises the strap for 2 weeks constantly and then 2 more weeks at night. The only bruising I have is toward the bottom of my neck and it is yellow. My jaw feels a bit tender if I touch it but other than that, I would not consider this a painful procedure at all. I have not taken any pain medication. There is some mild itching and this chin strap SUCKS. It presses my ears down and they hurt worse than my neck.
So far so good..I will update as time goes on and try to post some pics..

Pics added

2 weeks post op

tomorrow will be 2 weeks post op and honestly today I am feeling a bit down about the whole thing. The swelling has gone down a lot. Last Thurs I had my stitches removed. The Dr said everything looked great. I actually think I looked better last week than I do today. My face looks so uneven. I am a little worried because the swelling has gone down so much, I just wonder if I will be permanently uneven and jowly. I read somewhere on here that the best time to view your results is 1 day post op or 6 weeks post op. I hope that is right because I was very happy with my day 1 post op picture. Todays picture, not so much.

3 weeks post op

I took my weekly picture today and there was a bit of improvement in the lumpiness so that made me feel better. I have no traces of the yellow bruising left, though my jawline is still a bit tender if I touch it. I'm still wearing my strap overnight for one more week.
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

I have had 3 surgeries performed by Dr. Giacobbe. In 2006 I had a rhinoplasty and breast augmentation and this year chin/neck liposuction. I would not even consider another surgeon. He is professional, kind, patient, a good listener and most importantly, a highly skilled surgeon. He has an artists eye and will always make sure you look natural, no matter what body part he is working on. He will take as much time as you need in order to make sure all of your questions are answered. His staff is also very friendly. If you are looking for a PS in the Buffalo, NY area, he is your guy.

It looks good... Do you have any recent pics??? I want to do mine as well when I go in for a BBL. But I'm worried about my cheeks. They are chubby right now... I'm hoping they slim out before the surgery. I don't want to suck fat out of my face.
You are looking good. :)
Hi! So things have started looking better the past week. The lumps are smoothing out significantly. I am still swollen but much less and I am getting smoother. Still some tightening needs happen in order for me to be pleased but since I can feel that I am still a little swollen yet, I am optimistic that as the swelling goes down the area will continue to look better and better. I was pretty down last week and now this week things are definitely turning around. My husband even commented on the improvement;, so hang in there! I'll update y'all again next week !
Hi Marytheres! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I'm so happy to hear things are improving for you-awesome! This recovery has more emotional ups and downs than I thought it would. I have also been feeling better this week :) I'll do my update in a few days. talk to you soon!
I'm having the same exact issue! I am now a month out. Will be following you to see how you heal.
I'm taping up my neck and wearing a big scarf like my mother did when she went to the grocery store in the 70's.
And big Jackie O sunglasses. It makes you look mysterious.
You are so funny. I loved your jamba juice look!
it's a bit comforting to know I'm not alone but I hope we both smooth out by the time we're all healed. I'll be posting my 3 week review and pic soon, probably tomorrow. Keep me posted with how you're doing, too.
I hope so, too. I really trust the doctor that did my surgery so I am hoping I can trust that I will like the results and that he did a good job. He did stress that I will not see results until the month 3. But it's just hard waiting so long for some real results. My doc also warned me of the lumps - he told me specifically I will have lumps on the left side and I do. My left side is still a bit swollen and lumpy, my right side is completely fine. Anyway, keep us posted of your healing.
I know what you mean, I really trust my Dr too and when I went for my first follow up (before I was this lumpy) I asked him if he thought the jowl area would tighten up and he looked me right in the eye and said "definitely". We shall see. I wish I would stop obsessing about it as much as I am. Waiting for results is harder than I thought it would be.
Omg, I looked like a madwoman, but oh well.
And it looks really good!!
I just got it done too and posted a bunch of pics on my page, will you post an updated one? How do you like it? My chin/neck is still flabby but I think it will tighten up as I heal. Did you take Arnica?
hi Morgain :) thanks for your comments, I will check out your page for sure. To answer your question, yes, I did take Arnica. I really did not have much bruising at all, a bit of yellow down toward the bottom of my neck and just below one side of my jawline. Nothing especially noticeable though. I was really happy about that! The first week post op I was very excited about the results, however for the past week I have been a little depressed. Everything is very uneven and asymmetrical right now. I had asked a question of the Dr's on here and 2/3 seem to think that I will remain uneven. It looks like my jowls are returning as the swelling is leaving. It makes me so sad but I am still hopeful that maybe it will tighten up in time. I will be posting my weekly review this week with a new picture. I hope improvement will be noticeable!
Maybe if u keep wearing ur garment at night might help to give u evenly healing
thanks for your comment MissRT. Today is my last day of wearing it constantly and I will plan on wearing it all night after that. I really hope it evens out !
Lipo results take time for sure. . I m doing chin lipo in two weeks along with arms . Hope your results come out very good. . Happy healings
I think you are looking great so far- thanks for starting a review.  Did you take two weeks off from work so you could wear the chin strap full-time?
Thank you :) I typically work from home 4 days a week so I was able to get permission to work from home the entire 2 weeks. I feel very lucky that I have that option!
That is great- I work from home too and love the flexibility!