The Breast Question - Buffalo, IL

I'm really looking for true insight here. Not...

I'm really looking for true insight here. Not just: having a BA will change your life, or everything is perfect after you have boobs.
I want to know how you see yourself now that you've gone through with it, what was the best part, the worst part, why you're happy you did it....
It all started in middle school. I was small vs other girls I thought looked like high schoolers. We are all so impressionable at that age. (I've talked about this with my therapist!....I think everybody should at some point or another.) well, I accepted my fate. My older sister had tiny breasts too so I knew that was it. I decided to focus my energy on being good at school. I told myself: don't get down you're good at other things, you're just not beautiful like those other girls. That sounds wakeful now that I type it. Ugh. I'm a pretty confident person until it comes to boobs.
In the bedroom I rarely let my husband touch them let alone look at them. I've been trying to get over this for ten years. It bothers both of us. I wonder if this could change without me getting a BA?
Sooo my questions are:
1-Can I muster up the courage to get the breasts that a BA can give me? (Yes)
2-Will I have regrets after I have a BA?
3-Do they ever really feel like mine?
4-Will I have better sex without being so self conscious about how i look?
5-How long will they last without needing revision?

Consulting PS with my questions

Information is a powerful thing. My heart tells me I'd love to have breasts, my spirit fears the unknown, my mind says do the research. I've scheduled an appointment to discuss my questions. Hopefully I'll be in a better place to make a wise decision.

My stats

I'm 5'0", 105lb, 35 yrs old.
Married for a decade and four kids.
Always been small. Breasts never filled an A cup.
I've wanted a B cup since high school.
I'm going back and forth about the procedure but last night I thought I should do it and take a chance on living a little. I'm not in high school so I know it has to be a calculated and responsible risk. I have little people to take care of ....and one big person ;) and me!

Bra help

Sizers, sizes and profiles

I'm feeling better now. Really considering the pros, how this would positively affect me. Still know that it's a big commitment though...
Went with a friend to ease my mind and try some sizers on. We agreed we liked the look of the 250cc but to get that look we'd need to go with 275cc. That was the dr's recommendation. To go up 25 because it goes under the muscle it loses a bit of volume.
Profiles also affect the look not just volume. A smaller volume with a high profile can look bigger that the same volume with moderate profile. That's what I understood from the doctors forum here on RS.
Still thinking, trying not to fret but closer to making a decision. Will speak to the surgeon this week.

Emotional mess

I've been teary, emotional, and a royal mess....I think I'm going to get my period soon. Not so positive as usual. I'm freaking out about this augmentation thing.
Dr answered all my questions. Surprisingly attentive. Didn't rush me. I felt like, ok I can do this. He knows what he's doing.
Tried on sizers and liked the 250cc.
But then these butterflies and anxiety take over. I've thought about thus for years but I don't know how I'll feel with boobs. Never had that feeling.
At night, my mind was racing. Is this me? Am I ready for this? Should I wait? Ugh...I'm going to freshen up now and put some makeup on. Maybe this will help me feel better.

Too much noise in my head

Sooooo, after having a miserable last couple days, thinking, dreaming, questioning and wondering......I've decided to stop the noise in my head and give myself a break. I was not excited as much as I was worried about the BA scheduled for this month.
I spoke to my support team and 2 out of 3 said I should take as much time as I needed to make a confident choice. I could always reschedule later. The thought of pressing the pause button on this whole thing took a brick load off my shoulders.
I felt disappointed I couldn't go ahead with it but recently I've been dealing with some unresolved issues and instead of pushing them aside and hoping the sx would make them go away, I've chosen to deal with them head on. Full force. I'm welcoming the issues, my past, and accepting that this whole situation has actually brought to the surface things I never wanted to face.
So, in light of this, I've decided to cancel the procedure until further notice. (Sigh! And smile)
Even though I was seeing myself with a new body now I'm starting to see myself in a new state of mind. It's like a new stage. I will reconsider the BA in the near future but with a healthier spirit and stronger conviction.

Talk about it all the time

I'm unsure of doing a BA but my husband and I keep coming back to the breast question! I think if I was gutsy and brave enough I'd do it and be happy with the end result. But it's the journey of the breasts that stops me....I'll have to have another procedure at one point and the real question is:..... Will all the money and pain and effort be worth it even though the results are temporary?
I saw a lot of 60 year olds removing their implants and if this is the trend then would it be worth it to have them for 20 yrs then go back to nothing?
So many emotions, not easy. I'm giving myself till the spring to figure this out before I put it to rest.

It's spring! Revisiting augmentation.

I said I'd wait till the spring and I did. Made the call. Scheduled the aug for next month. It's like I don't have all the answers but the desire it have breasts is bigger than everything else.

Surgery done! 250'cc high profile silicone unders

As I'm writing I'm surprised it's over. All my fretting and worrying about the sx, going through with it, not going through with it. Now I'm on the other side!

Well, I had a good night sleep sitting up in bed, few pillows propping me up. Took a pain pill and stool softener before bed. Woke up around 1:30 am and took a Tylenol pm which helped.
From the little I can see or feel it seems my skin is not ultra tight. I nursed my babies so that probably did the trick plus I went with the smallest size implant my ps recommended. I could've gone up to 375cc! Yikes, didn't want to be huge. Going from AA to a D not what I was looking for at all. Im hoping for a nice full B. I'll have to wait till next week.

All strapped up!

I heard of people complaining about the dreaded strap but now I've seen-and felt it- with my own boobs! :)

I really hate it and took it off for ten minutes to take a breather. Oh my gosh. What a relief. But I really don't want to ruin anything so I've been dealing with the discomfort under the arms and the pressure over the breasts.

I'm wondering if I went too small. I have my post op on Thursday when I find out what they look like.

I wish they were bigger!

Now I'm the one complaining about my breast size looking too small! I honestly thought that after being AA all my life that being a B cup would satisfy and overwhelm me. I'm actually worrited that my 250cc unders won't give me a B cup! ugh....big sigh :(

Even though I'm only 4 days post and have my post op appt on Thursday, I did what we all do, I peeked. I saw cleavage, sorry no pictures yet. A plump, cute, little breast. Nothing that stretched my skin into oblivion-which I was trying to avoid-but thought that it would be as much as my engorged breastfeeding breasts. Not so.... I think I filled a B cup bra nicely and then a bit more. I was maybe a small C.

I was looking for a full B cup and I'm not sure I obtained that with my procedure. I think the biggest I would've gone was 300cc, then I went down to 275cc, then down to 250cc. I didn't take into account the truth that every woman has a different amount of her own breast tissue that will influence the outcome. I wonder if I had walked around with the implants like I've heard women do if that would have helped me make a better decision.

On the upside, pun intended :), my friend was over and she said they were exactly what I had told her I wanted! She smiled and thought they were perfect for me, like I was born with them! That was honestly super nice to hear and calmed me down a bit from my freaking out stage.

I know it's too early to tell if I will in fact be content and maybe be super happy with my choice. What would you do if you felt like you had gone too small? I'm definitely going to speak to my surgeon to weigh the options. Don't like the idea of going back and forth but what's done is done and hindsight is 20/20.

250cc HP silicone: I'm liking what I see

Before: 34 AA
Now: 34 B with 250cc HP

I'm still contemplating going bigger in the near future but I'm definitely liking what I see. It's already made such a big difference on how I feel about my body. Love the fullness.

I'm proud of myself: implant exchange 325 silicone unders

No Body is perfect .... They say. And I agree. Plastic surgery only helps us improve the body we have. And to have that opportunity is awesome!
After postponing the thought of getting a BA in the first place, I went along and agreed to 300's silicone unders. Only two days before my sx did I change my mind and downsized to 250's.
Although I loved the petite look, I realized that I was soooo fearful of being huge that I overcompensated and went too small. My surgeon was very respectful of my choice and after letting up him know I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be, he agreed to do the neccessary adjustments, aka, going up at least 50 cc's.
After much thought, I decided to do the 325 cc silicone unders . Especially since I felt a bit foolish in the first place to be going through another surgery. I had to make it count.
I'm happy to report that going up in implant size was the best thing I've done. I was soo small to begin with: 34 aa and I didn't include that in my estimation if the best implant size for me. I knew 325 looked good but thought I didn't have the guys to do it.
I'm happy I did in the end.