20 Days Until My Surgery! - Brookline, MA

I have wanted a breast reduction for 30 years,...

I have wanted a breast reduction for 30 years, ever since I developed at age 15 and cant believe it is actually happening. I didn't develop early but it was very sudden. All the women in my family are small boned with large breasts. My grandma had the surgery when she was 60 - I am 44 so I think Why Wait? I am a 34DD but quite out of proportion to my frame. My weight has been as low as 115 lbs (too low for me) this year but my breasts don't shrink at all! And now that I have put some weight back on, they are even bigger than before. My surgery is scheduled for October 2nd. I have a job and two small kids but I am taking 10 days off and my mom is coming to town to help. I'm nervous about
1) the surgery - I've never had surgery before
2) the recovery - there's only so much lying around I can do with 2 kids
3) will I go through all of this and they still won't be small? I would love to get to a B but understand that it's not guaranted.
Anyway this forum was a huge inspiration to me when I was working up the courage to go see a doctor. I feel like I am doing something for myself that I really want. I am also SUPER lucky in that my insurance is covering the surgery. I will add a Before photo here. This is me IN my minimizer bra - clearly i am asking too much of this garment ;)

The other thing is that i have only told my partner and my mom that i am having the surgery - no co workers or friends which is unusual for me. I guess i want to see if they notice and to keep it personal for now. Im really good at hiding my chest so they may not even notice, but I will! Thanks for the inspiration and support everyone. :)
Hi fellow Bostonian! Congrats on your up coming BR, I'm sure you will be happy with you results. We have very similar stories, I'm 46, 2 kids, was a 34DD. I noticed that you have listed Peter Halperin, MD as your PS, but he is in New York. I was wondering if you meant to put Terri Halperin from Brookline, she is my Dr. and she really is fabulous. I had the lollipop procedure, and went from a 34DD to a lrg B (I think) still have swelling at this point 6 weeks out. I have my 6 week appointment at the end of this week so I'm hoping to find out her opinion of what my final size would be. Good luck, we will have to keep in touch.

I think that it's wonderful you are doing this for yourself!  You will feel amazing once you are all healed.  You will need to go easy for the first 4-6 weeks post op.  You don't need to lay around, but don't do anything crazy.  No pushing, pulling or lifting.  Let your body heal properly.

I am excited for you.

Get as much help as you can. My pain and swelling did not get worse until the 2nd week. I'm on my 3rd week post op and my right breast is very swollen. Everyone heals differently...my advice is take it easy and take as much help from anyone as you can.

Pre-operative Appt - Done!

So I had my pre-op appointment yesterday with Dr Halperin. It was a lot quicker than I expected. The didn't take blood and I just had a clear mammogram, so she just gave my scrips (Percoset and a nausea patch) answered a few questions and that was it. I scheduled my 1-week follow up. She doesn't use drains and the stitches all dissolve on their own, so there's not lot to do after the surgery except rest and recover!

I have enlisted some extra help for when my mom leaves from our awesome babysitter. I didn't tell her why yet but she is going to come and help out a bit. I am not planning anything except resting for the whole month. And working after 2 weeks.

I am a little nervous about the Percocet - I had it one time for dental surgery and it made me nauseous. Hopefully it will be ok and I wont need to take it too long anyway. It's only 13 more days til my surgery - I am very excited! I can't wait til it is - over and I am on the other side. I am going to post another before pic - it's embarrassing to see myself from this angle, but it just makes me more sure that I need this surgery.
The more you tell me, the more I feel that Dr Halperin might be the right doc for me too. I like the fact that she operates here in Brookline. Funny - I am about 1 mile away from her surgery too. Maybe we're neighbours - lol! My consult is on October 21st. Dr Halperin sounds very busy - which is a good sign. You are very lucky to have your mom come and help you, though I know my hubby will take good care of me. I can't wait to hear how your surgery goes. Funny to wait this long in life for something like this. I need a lift as well as reduction. I am looking forward to be able to buy a bikini from a store rather than have to order matronly double D's from an online catalogue and to wear strappy dresses without needing heavy duty bras! I am crossing my fingers that my insurance will cover the surgery. I am looking forward to hearing how your surgery goes so I hope you report back here. Best of luck to you too!
I am having my surgery done at her office - they operate there routinely and it's only 1 mile from my house! I am really excited. As the date gets closer, it's all i can think about! I like to really prepare logistically for things, so I am taking it to the next level with this haha.. cleaning, shopping, planning. I guess it makes me feel calmer about what is happening. One more thing - Dr Halperin's office has been great about scheduling appts and my surgery - I could have had it back in August if it had worked with my schedule - I decided to wait (although it was hard) until my son was back in school and my mom could come to town and help. Let me know when your consult is scheduled! I was very nervous talking to her at first but she was easy to talk to....good luck to you!
I am trying to get a consult with her as we speak. She does sound well qualified and I agree - I'd prefer to go to a woman. Where are you having your surgery done? You must be so excited!

I can't stop thinking about next week!

My surgery is a week from tomorrow - it is all i can think about! It's the last thing on my mind before i fall asleep and the first thing i think of in the morning (after, 'why are my kids awake at 5am everyday?') I know it will be here before I know it, but the anticipation is killing me! I'm trying hard to take everyday as it comes and not wish them away. I know this probably sounds weird but with two kids and a job, i NEVEr get a chance to relax and i am actually looking forward to having a reason to stay in bed and having my mom here to help... even though i will be actively recovering, i wont be expected to do anything around the house for a while at least.. that is the only kind of vacation i think i will ever get :) so i will take it. More later - i'm at work!!
I am one year post op & its one of the best decisions I ever made. You will be sore but its not as painful as you are imagining. The hardest part for me was at night trying to sleep & find a comfortable position. Definitely soak up the time of help & relaxation!!!
thank you Melissaace! I am anticipating that sleeping will be tough - im a total side sleeper and that's only because my chiropractor says it's better for your back. so we will see.. thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your great results!
I've had surgery before and I've relished the fact that I can relax and not much is expected of me for 2 weeks. I have to say that I was not expecting breast surgery to be a long recovery but the more I read and watch (has anyone else watched the online breast surgery and recovery videos on utube?) the more I realize that this is going to be major surgery. I just hope that by the end of 2 weeks I'll be able to go back to work and not feel too tired. It is easy to forget how much Anesthesia and the whole surgery process really takes it out of you. I too am only telling a few people what I'm having done (my hubby, my friend who lives overseas and a trusted colleague). I will have to lie and tell the people I work with that I'm taking a vacation or some other story. That bothers me. I just know they will not understand if I told them the truth, How could they understand - they don't have breasts as big as mine and I certainly won't be telling my male co-workers! I just hope that my pcp understands when I ask for a referral to my PS and doesn't decide to send me for physiotherapy for back and shoulder pain in the interim (half serious here). I mean you can't know what it feels likes unless you have experienced being well endowed and all the physical and emotional pain and embarassment that goes along with it.

One week to go!

So a week from this moment I will be on the other side. I can't believe it. I ordered three seasons of Law & Order on DVD today for my convalescence. the hours just roll by when I am lying there hearing that "Du-Dum!" I can't believe this is actually going to happen. I just made plans to go see Justin Timberlake in February and was thinking that I can probably wear something cute (and maybe even strapless!) instead of my usual cover-up. Excitement!

I am going to do a bunch of 'before' pics with different tops on before my surgery, inspired by many of the photos I have seen other ladies do. It will be great to see the contrast with my after pics later..so I will post those soon.
Good Luck 2 morrow.....hope u are headache free!
Thank u.
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

I made it to the other side!

hi everyone - my surgery was yesterday and I will try to remember everything that happened. I wish I had been able to relax more in the days before the surgery. I had so much running around to do to get things ready at home and work for me to take some time off. I did get everything done but by Wednesday morning I was pretty stressed.

My surgery was at 915 and I arrived at Dr Halperin's office at 815. I felt thirsty because of not being able to drink anything. Everybody at her office was so kind, friendly and calmed me down and put me at ease. By the time I was ready to go to the OR I felt much more relaxed and sure that it would go ok.

So they had me do some preliminary tests and I went into the OR. The next thing I knew it was noon and I was waking up in recovery. I wasn't in pain or nauseous. I told them in advance that I get nauseous easily and the doctor gave me some extra meds. I was in recovery about an hour and then got picked up and went home. I was super drowsy the whole rest of the day and just slept.

I didn't sleep well last night - maybe because of sleeping a lot in the day - but I just watched TV. No worries on that because I don't have to go to work anyway so I can sleep all day! I have been taking one pain pill every four hours so far and the pain is not bad at all. I feel sore when I get up and walk around. Also my throat hurts mildly from the breathing tube and the meds are making me itchy! But nothing too bad so far.

I will post some additional pics now. I didn't get to take as many before pics as I had wanted to because I was so busy. I feel good about the results so far. They are definitely smaller and higher, and when I walked downstairs this morning they didn't move up and down on the stairs! I have more cleavage than I expected but that also might be from the swelling. I can shower tomorrow so I will be able to see the results better then.

My mind is a little foggy still so I will post more later. Thanks to everyone who sent me good luck wishes!

photos

some before and after pix
It is great to hear how smooth that went for you. I hope you continue recover quickly. The shower will feel so good. I am 13 days post-op and I still have some of my surgery marking.
I'm glad you made it through your surgery and I hope your recovery continues to go nicely. I am hanging on your every word here because this could be me in a few months time! :-)
I will try to keep you updated! so far, so good.

A few more things...

A couple more things I forgot to say before about how I felt waking up. first, I had a hard time peeing yesterday. I felt like I really had to go but not a lot came out. This seems to have resolved itself today. Also, I am in surprisingly little pain as long as I am lying in bed. I took one pain pill at 6am today and 7 hours later I still feel fine. Sleep and rest ladies! That is key.
Have a good recovery and hope to hear from you soon.
Looking great already!

2 Days Post-Op

So it's been 48 hours and i'm still doing well. I haven't taken pain killers since yesterday morning - the pain really isn't that bad. My torso is sore - like I did a killer core workout yesterday! I also feel a little bloated - prob from the pain pills and the IV fluids they gave me. I peeked under the bandages today and they are so small and perky! when I look in the mirror, I think This is how I am supposed to look. I'm very happy with the results.

The hardest thing now is that my back is stiff from lying down for two days. I think I will get up and walk around the house a little and see if that helps. i'm also finding that it is not easy to do nothing, but I am doing my best. I'm used to running around like crazy all the time and I feel guilty staying in bed. But I am forcing myself to do it, as I know I need the rest and my mom's only here for a week.

I will post another picture when I take my shower.
You look pretty small in the bandaged pic and its great to hear that you're not in too much pain. You are in shape and small so I expect that has helped with your recovery. I imagine you feel stiff and sore though. Eat plenty of protein (that'll help with your body's healing). Btw - what shape incision did Dr Halperin do on you? I am counting down the days until my consult! Btw - I'm 5 ft 2" and weigh 122lbs (small to medium boned) and have awful upper back pain and I am popping out of my 34DD minimizer (I think I must be a DDD now). I think its a good thing you had your reduction now before you go into peri-menopause because mine have gotten bigger in the past year since my hormones went haywire. I tired dropping an extra 5lbs - nothing. I'm on progesterone therapy which also didn't stop the swelling. I exercise with weights 2x /week and it doesn't help my pain at all. I've decided I will get this done even if my insurance decides not to cover me but here's hoping that they do. I hope your recovery continues to go well!
I do look small! I took the bra off for my shower and im prob a B cup, which is what I wanted. they are also a lot higher than they were before. also I have had shoulder pain for probably the past 15 years and today - it's completely gone. I can believe it. Dr Halperin was able to do the lollipop incision. she said there may be some small anchor incisions at the bottom but I cant really tell if she needed to do that yet. there are little 'pouches' of skin below my new breasts - not sure if it is fluid or if it will go away but I am assuming it will all blend together eventually. im only 2days out so I still have a lot of time to heal. Im very happy for you that you are seeing her for a consult! I cant say enough about how comfortable she made me feel and all the nurses, anesthesiologist, PA - everyone was so nice.
Happy healing. Staying bed was hard for me as well but your body needs it to heal properly.

Pix from yesterday...

so far so good! im tired but not in a lot of pain.
ps. How much tissue did they need to remove to get you the size you are now?
You look great and so much more in proportion now! Btw - I went to Lady Grace in Coolidge Corner today to try on some bras and see what size I really filled out. I had always tried to squish myself into a 34D or 34DD in a wacoal minimizer but lately its gotten to the point where doing that makes me look like I have 4 bosoms! Okay so...drum roll.....Today I was a 32DDD or 32G (that's a DDDD)! The band fits snugly under my boobs for once and I'm not used to feeling that because the band was lifted off my chest in the 34DD I was wearing - it feels irritating. The saleswoman recommended the 32G however I went with the slightly smaller 32DDD. Sigh. I feel matronly, however at least most of me is now covered and supported and I'm not bulging out.
I have spent many a traumatic afternoon trying on bras at Lady Grace. Well at least you now know your size and take it from there. I don't know how much tissue she took out - I was planning to ask at my post-op apt Wednesday. after the surgery I was so out of it I don't remember much of what happened! i'm definitely happy though. I have some numbness but even if it never goes away I don't care... I took a whole stack of old bras (I liked the Bali 'butterfly' minimizer, which they don't even make anymore so I had a bunch of old ones) anyway, I threw them all out! That felt good. I am currently swapping the bra they sent me home in with a bra from the GAP. I can't believe I bought an 'over the counter' bra rather than the specialty items I usually have to order haha...

5 Days Post Op...

I thought I posted a bunch more pics the other day but I don't see them so I will post them again. My head is still a little cloudy! I haven't taken a pain pill since the day after the surgery - i'm not even taking Tylenol anymore! I can't believe how little pain I have had... the worst part is that my back is incredibly sore, either from lying on it too much or from some position I was in during the surgery - or both. It is very painful. I am using a heating pad and going to see my chiropractor tomorrow. So hopefully that will improve.

I have a little swelling and itching and am starting to see bruises. But nothing really bad. I have also had a lot of nausea since I took my scopa patch off after 72 hours. I think that must be from the anesthesia? it probably stays in your system for a while.

Since day 3 I have taken a small excursion every day - went to CVS to get gauze, took an extremely short walk (like half a block), just to get out of the house. Each one was followed by a 3-4 hour nap, which tells me that I still need a lot of rest. Good think I still have another 8 days off work.....

A few more photos

They look good! I was worried about the puckering under mine (still am). I thought maybe I should keep something there to compress it. Have you been just leaving yours alone and it's smoothing out itself?
mine seemed to be caused (or at least made worse) by where my bra was hitting. so I got a new bra (a racerback from GAP) that hits a little lower and it seems to be getting better. but I still do have some for sure... im going to ask tomorrow at my post-op apt and will lyk what the doc says!
That is great to know that they made you feel at ease. My consult is October 21st at 9am. I can hardly wait and have already asked if my date can be bumped up in the event there are cancellations. I am so close by that I could get there in 10 mins on short notice! Fingers crossed that my insurance will cover this. I plan on laying down a good supply of books and dvds too :-) It would be a nice way to spend a couple of weeks in winter (I am hoping to get this done, one way or another by February 2014).

Thank you Mr. Chiropractor!

I just returned from a visit to my chiropractor - I took the train downtown which was a nice little outing and I did OK. He confirmed that my S/I joint and related muscles are completely locked up! He did some movements to loosen them up a bit and gave me a few exercises to do at home. He said I needed to try and move around more, that being in a stationary position isn't good for the S/I joint, but I need to balance that with what I feel like I can do being only 6 days post-op.

I made another appointment for Thursday so I guess I will just take it from there... i'm going to go lie down now...that was enough walking around for this morning.

PS I showered again today and can't believe how perky my new boobs are! I was never perky - ever. I cant tell if they are swollen - prob a little... i love them!
Hey there! How did your post-op go and how are they healing? I have a question: How long was it between your initial consult and your final surgery date? I am so keen to get my procedure done asap! I guess I will find out when I go in in a week. I hope everything is going well for you.
Great result! I am having similar procedure but if only had the same skin :)

12 Days Post Op

I am 12 days post surgery today...everything progressing well. I had my one week follow up apt last Wednesday and the dr. was very pleased with the results so far. I am still pretty swollen so between that and the giant pads I am wearing in my bra (they're just so comfortable!) I don't look a ton smaller with a shirt on. but when I take my shirt and or bra off I notice a huge difference. I am just trying to heal and get back in the swing of things. I went into my office today to get a head start on tomorrow when I return to work and it went great.

I cant wait to start exercising again! I feel gross not being able to work out. Being on vacation for the past two weeks didn't help in this regard either, as I feel like I have been lying around and eating a lot :) But as soon as I can work out again that will be great....

I forgot to ask my doc how much she took out- I will have to ask her at my 3-week follow up.
I have the same "puckering" or whatever that extra skin is under mine too- is that going to go away? Or what is it?
Hi! I just had my 3-week check up yesterday and asked my doctor about the puckering. She said it was from where they made the incision to remove tissue and that it would incorporate itself into the breast and essentially disappear in time. She told me to keep wearing my surgical bra which puts gentle pressure on that area. So far so good.
Hi Dragonlady - just wondering how your consultation with Dr Halperin went? I think it was this week...I had my 3 week check up yesterday and everything is going well. I am going to post an update now! lmk how your apt was!

3 Weeks Post Surgery

I had my 3 week follow up yesterday and the doctor said I am healing very well. She took off the steri strips which were still pretty firmly attached to my skin. I feel naked without them! My scars are already pretty light but I am going to start with Mederma today, rubbing it in 2x per day for 5 minutes. I sometimes feel tender especially around my nipple area but overall have had very little breast pain - it has all been back pain and that is improving slowly. I am still pretty swollen especially on my left side.

The doctor said she took out 250g +/- from each side with is over a cup size. It seems to me like I am going to end up a full B which is what I wanted so that measurement may be a little deceiving.

As far as activity goes, she said I can return to my normal activities as my body allows. I definitely don't feel like running but have started walking instead. Now that my chest is looking better I really want to get my core in shape!

That's all for now - I will post some more pics soon...
Hi! It went well - very quick though and I would have liked the opportunity to ask more questions. I will make sure I do that at my pre-op. She said she's also going to do the lollipop procedure on me and that she's confident that because of my tiny frame (5 ft 2" and 122lbs) we should have no problem getting my insurance to approve the procedure. I called the office on Friday and was a bit disappointed to find that they hadn't yet submitted my paperwork but they asked me if I wanted to reserve a surgery date so I picked Dec 4th! Now all I need is my insurance approval and I'm all set. I'm having some upper and lower back pain which I have to take care of this week (I'm experiencing some sciatica) so hopefully I'll be able to get an MRI done this week and if its a pinched nerve, get a steroid shot at the site. I want to get this taken care of pre-surgery. I'd love to see how you're looking. I hope mine are as perky! Best, E
Hi! So great to hear that you have a date on the calendar! I obsessed once I got my date - it was literally all I could think about.  Good idea to get your back pain taken care of pre-surgery.. I have been having back pain since my surgery, I think a combination of the position I was in, lying in bed for a few days and just general stress from lifting a two year old all the time.  I am actually going to get an MRI this week (we lead eerily parallel lives lol!)   I also felt like my first appointment went fast - so I wrote down questions for my pre-op so I made sure to get everything covered.  I am going to update my review and post an other pic or two - my swelling seems to be down a lot altho the left is still a little more swollen than the right. Hang in there and keep us posted! xo

A month post-surgery....

Everything is going well with my healing - I hardly have any bruising. I am still swollen but now that I look back at my previous photos I can see that this has gone down. My nipples are very sensitive right now - if I get a chill (or drink alcohol for some reason) they get this tingly feeling - it kinda hurts but mostly just feels different!

My major issue so far has been my back. My S/I joint is very inflamed so I am trying to get that taken care of. As for my front, all is well! I bought a new dress this week and couldn't believe how good it looked - I feel like I am finally in the body I am supposed to be in. Now if I could only get my back in shape so I can work out again! Will post some pics in a bit...

A few more photos

Here are two more...

Wow - looking good and getting a great shape. How lovely to get a new dress and love how it looks. Happy for you.

Wearing new clothes

One thing I forgot to mention is that last weekend we had a big Halloween party for my two year old daughter whose birthday is right before Halloween and this weekend I went to my niece's bat mitzvah. For both events I was able to wear dresses that I NEVER would have gotten away with before my surgery. It made me so happy to be able to do this! The funny thing is that I hid my breasts so much before that nobody is noticing my surgery - they all just say I look great!
Hi 2BsorNot 2Bs! I too am having trouble with my S/I joint. It's only on my left side and I have numbness down the front of my thigh and aching back and front in the S/I joint region. What are you doing to improve your inflammation? Funny how we're both having this problem. LetitB
OK - now this is getting really weird! We seriously lead parallel lives ! :) Here is my regimen for S/I joint: 1) Rest - not bed rest, but don't go running, be very careful about bending, lifting, etc. Baby it. Light walking is ok, actually good for it, but nothing too strenuous. I got to the point where I would sneeze or cough and it hurt! Cutting back on activities helped this. 2) Anti-inflammatories - i am taking an Aleve every morning and night. Ibuprofen is fine too but you have to take it so often i just stick with the Aleve. See if this helps with the pain/inflammation. 3) Heating Pad alternating with Ice Pack - this is awesome! I thought that I would hate icing my back because it sounds unpleasant, but whenever i sit for a while, I put an ice pack on the S/I area. When I get in bed at night i turn on my heating pad, and basically just try to work one or the other in as much as I can, especially if i have had a more strenuous day (being with the kids, doing laundry, etc.) 4) Stretch and strengthen - My chiropractor has helped me identify muscles that get tight and pull me out of alignment and some stretches to loosen them up. I do them in the morning and at night. Also, I am trying to work on increasing my core strength - i haven't really DONE anything about this yet, but i know it is part of the long term equation. 5) Orthopedic Specialist - I went to see one last week. I was improving at that point but he said if things get bad again and dont respond to the above, they can give you a cortisone shot to help with the inflammation. I didnt need one this time around but it's always there as a treatment. I also got some muscle relaxants for when i get spasms - i can only take them at night because I can't stay conscious long after I take one! But they do help. Back problems are the worst! I wish you luck with this and also encourage you to try some or all of the things above. I was in serious pain and by resting and protecting the joint I am doing a lot better... let me know how things go!
Did you really only pay $1000?

Six Weeks Check Up, Etc...

I had my six week check up last week and everything seems to be going well. I have been doing Mederma on my scars and will continue to do that - they don't look too bad and I wouldn't really care if they did! The doctor took out a few stitches that were sticking out. I think I still have one or two in there but she said they will dissolve in time.

She took photos at this appointment too - she said that I will probably notice that the swelling will go down even further in time. My left breast is larger than the right - this is how it was before my surgery too - hoping that does down a bit more. Also, the little skin pouches below my breasts are still absorbing back in - the doctor said that that would continue to progress.

The doctor told me to get some underwire bras to help put a little pressure on the skin pouch areas so I went bra shopping this weekend. I have to say it was the first time I ever enjoyed bra shopping in my life! I didn't find any underwires I liked, but I did get a sports bra in 32B and a soft cup Bali bra in Medium. They are so cute - not like a flak vest like my old granny bras used to be! I almost started crying in the dressing room i was so happy. When I looked at my chest I couldn't believe it was my own body. Very happy about that!

I will post a few photos....
You look amazing! You must be so thrilled with your results. They look perfect.
Yay cute boobies!! :D Don't you love how you can see more of your tummy? Lol I'll never get over the fact that I can simply look down and see my belly button without lifting my boobs up out of the way. Also, I thought underwires were bad after surgery? I kind of skipped my 6 week checkup so I didn't get to ask that...You look great though! :)
It's so weird that i can actually see my stomach! i was doing crunches today at my exercise class and when i crunched up - i could see my belly, legs, etc! that was a first. i also wore my new sports bra (just one bra!) so that was nice. takes some getting used to.... My doctor said no underwires for 6 weeks but after that it's ok to put gentle pressure on the skin pouches that still need to absorb...

Reviewing Old Photos

I just looked through all my 'Before' pictures and I can't believe I walked around with those boobs since I was 15 years old! Geez. My one regret about this is not having done it sooner.
Seriously! I look at my before pics like o_O and everyone was cool with that?? lol best decision ever. I really need to go for my checkup...
i know - i can't believe I dealt with that for so many years! And good thinking about the checkup. Even if you are feeling fine, it's prob a good idea to go.. although that is coming from me and I go to the doctor everytime the littlest thing is wrong ;) better safe than sorry! xo
I think we women are so hard on ourselves. I think most women would kill to look like you do - and you've had kids too!! Impressive. You should be proud that you've done it all. I sometimes feel that way - ie good about myself - when I'm not torturing myself about my imperfections. It really does depend on the day. You are obviously a perfectionist. I personally feel that there is always room for improvement - in every area of my life. It is what drives me forward - improvement and change. At this point I am surveying the clothes I feel self conscious in and wondering how I'll feel once my boobs are smaller. I think I'm going to feel good and like you've said, I'm going to wonder why I didn't do this sooner. You take care too! Thank you for all the inspiration.

Two Months Out - Some New Pain

hi! So i am two months post surgery..still healing well but i started having some pain the last few days - it felt like a burning sensation with some shooting pains but mostly burning. Not sure if it is related to PMS, nerve sensations or just healing. It is completely tolerable, but just something new.

I will add some new photos too.. I have been doing the scar cream rubs as much as i can - my scars look pretty angry in these photos.. hopefully they will calm down a little.

I'm also back to exercising as my back feels a lot better. I got a bunch of new sports and regular bras.. im a 34B at this point which is exactly what i wanted. i even bought a bra that was a 'medium' - who ever knew that they made bras in S, M, and L? I have had a little discomfort while running - sometimes i hold myself down while i run because it hurts a little - but nothing major.

OK - going to check in on some of the other ladies here!

Same Underwear!

So I just noticed that I am wearing the same underwear in my 6- and 8-weeks post op photos - I assure you this is a coincidence and I do have multiple pairs of underwear - Haha!
So glad I stumbled upon your posts! I am 20 years old and seriously looking into a reduction. I have a consultation with Dr. Halperin this August! I currently live in Chicago for school but I want to have the surgery at home where my parents are & the best doctors in the country! Many people have told me a man is the best for "breast surgeries" but from reading about Dr. Halperin I get a good feeling. After reading your posts I am now sure that she will be the doctor for me! Thank you for sharing your story!
Hi! Dr. Halperin is just great - i had a terrific experience with her and her staff from beginning to end. Good for you for doing this at age 20 - my one regret is that i waited so long...Yesterday was my first day in a bikini with my new breasts - it's weird because i had a hard time taking off my shirt at the pool...i think it will take me a while to realize i dont have to hide them anymore! Best of luck to you and keep us updated on how your appointment goes. Thanks!
I'm so happy to have found this blog and your posts! I've been unhappy with the shape and how droopy my boobs are since they developed at age 15. Now I'm 28 yrs old and finally have the financial means to get the surgery done (unfortunately it's not a reduction so it's not covered by insurance). One of my friends recently had a breast augmentation with Dr. Halperin and talks wonders about her so she referred her to me. I was a bit bummed out to see that there is only one picture of breast lift at Dr. Halperin's gallery. But I'm thrilled to see how you explained your whole experience with lots of pics! I'm planning on getting my surgery done at the end of this year during the winter. I'll be scheduling my appointment at the end of July as I'm 2/3 of the way to getting fit (I've been 40 lbs overweight for about 10 yrs and started slowly losing weight and toning up since last year). Do you think that's too early to do a consult in July since I'm only planning on getting the surgery in December? You look awesome and you gave me so much more hope!!
Dr. Terri Halperin

My doctor is Terri Halperin in Brookline. She has been great. She has a very nice manner and really puts me at ease. Also her surgical and nursing staff was terrific before and after my surgery. Would definitely recommend her to others. She really listened to me and I am very happy with my results so far.