2 Days Post Op - United Kingdom, GB

Had vaser on my upper and lower abdomen and flanks...

Had vaser on my upper and lower abdomen and flanks on Saturday and am feeling very sore and stiff.... worried about the compression garment as seems to be leaving deep indents and lumps on my front not sure if fits properly... also seem to have quite alot of loose skin and folds at the moment due to see nurse tomorrow. Is any of this normal or should I be worried. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

dr siddiqi

could you kindly upload some pre-and post-op pictures? I've scheduled a consultation with Dr.Siddiqi end of August, would like to know more about him and the procedure,most importantly the results! can't really find much review on the hospital group regarding vaser lipo. I'm so delighted to see your post here!
Hi don't have any before pictures as did not take any myself just the ones the surgeon took.... but have had a look at them and could not believe it was me at first!!!! My belly and flanks are definately thinner with no over hang. I found dr siddiqi quite stern and not much of a talker.... procedure was painful at times I would definitely recommend some MLD massage after procedure and to wear garment for as long as you can 6-8 weeks. I saw surgeon after 3 months as still had a few irregularaties but assured me this was all part of healing process and to give it 6 months to see final results..... let me know how you get on.
is the MLD massage included or an extra purchase after the vaser lipo? is there a limit to how much fat u can extract? are you able to work the day after procedure? million thanks to your reply by the way, it's very helpful and assuring!!
Compression graments do leave indents but when the swelling goes down it is not so much. I am nearly 4 weeks post op and feeling really good. I had lower abbs, flanks inner and outer thighs. The compression garments are driving me nuts but I hope they are making a difference. I left hospital with a stage two garment as well and when I tried it on I was like a doll with no hinges in her knees, I could not move or breathe when I done it up. I contacted the hospital to say it was too small, however when the two weeks came it fitted well - tight yes but managible. Let me know how you are doing.
Hi taffy44 thanks for your comments garment seems to fit better now have bought a foam insert aswell..... am now 2 weeks post op and starting to feel human again! Still have some tightness and tingling but not really pain. Slightly worried as abs area is all hard and lumpy with puckering and indents around belly button. Am having MLD massage therapist is lovely and think it is making a difference just slowly. Will try and get some pictures on..... not very good at that!!!
Hi, I've been given an appointment with dr Siddiqi but cannot find any reviews on the treatment with him. Can you tell me more about your recovery and results? What you thought about him?
Hi pinky89 is your appointment through the hospital group? I must admit the treatment was slightly painful I had my lower and upper abs and flanks done, the result as far as losing fat has been good..... but my recovery has been slow.... still have some swelling and belly is a bit irregular am due to see surgeon next week so should get his advise if this is normal... good luck with procedure. Washy2.
Thanks for your reply! I decided to go with the private clinic and am booked in for Wednesday. They have advised me to purchase topical arnica cream, oral arnica and Shea butter to help the swelling and promote the skin healing process. Have you tried these? Will you put some before and after pics up soon? glad you are seeing good results. Please post an update after your appointment with surgeon so we know how you're doing!
Dear Washy2, Feeling stiff and sore is normal for the first few days. Do some stretching and keep mobile- no lying around. The garment should cover more than the area that's been treated. If its causing creases then its worth getting a foam insert to prevent those from becoming permanent. The MLD therapist can also advise. Alternatively see your Doc for advice. Best of luck, Dr Wolf
Thanks for the comment Dr Wolf, saw the Nurse yesterday and she seemed to think that creases not that bad and also with the MLD massage should sort its self out.....Incisions closing nicely, can also shower but not bathe yet? I know its early days, but could you advise where I could purchase a foam insert would rather be safe than sorry after so much pain and effort ( not to mention expense!!). Am trying to keep mobile today as did lye down a lot yesterday and feel stiffer today... Been given an appointment to see surgeon in 3 months time is that normal?
Dear Washy2, foam inserts can be ought online - Macom-medical.com do some. you can just get a round board or a foam vest (Edna vest) which is a little more bulkier. To prevent creasing its important to maintain straight posture esp when sitting. shower ok, bath only when all incisions are closed. if you are concerned then get to see the surgeon sooner. All have their own followup routines, I see my patients after 4-5 weeks and then after 4-5 months. Regards, Dr Wolf