Getting Implants Removed After 7 Years! - Bristol, TN

So I got my implants about 7 years ago. It was 3...

So I got my implants about 7 years ago. It was 3 months after I had my baby girl which was the first mistake. I was still about 20 pounds heavier than I like, but I guess I assumed I would stay that big. However I finally got the motivation to lose the weight and ever since my boobs have looked ridiculous on me. I was a 34B before and told the doc I wanted to be a nice, full C. I took his suggestion and went with 350cc implants. I ended up a DD. They're crazy. They get in the way of everything. I can't wear any of the cute flowy tops that are in style now cause they just make me look like a cow. Plus they went almost completely numb. I never got that much sensation out of them before, but now it's creepy when you can feel pressure but have no skin sensation! Makes hugs and sex feel bizarre. Plus the back and neck pain. So many reasons for them just to GO!

After meeting with a few surgeons I've finally found one that has the right attitude and that I feel comfortable with. I'm going with the option of having implants out under local anesthesia so it should be relatively simple and straightforward.

I have my pre op appointment this Friday and one thing does worry me. I recently came across a picture where a woman had pretty bad double bubble before removal and the after picture was not so great. Basically she still had double bubble after, where the skin underneath didn't draw back up. I worry about this because I have double bubble and/or bottoming out and I worry that without having the muscle reattached or skin 'tacked back up' I might have issues. Plus I have an animation deformity. I've also read that will probably stick around after removal, but I don't care about that so much as long as they look relatively normal when I'm just standing there.

Sigh. No matter what I will be happy for them to be gone gone GONE! I'm using skin firming lotion and supplementing with gelatin in hopes that the skin will snap back soon.

Before the explant

Eeeek!

Doctor just called and moved my removal up a week. 8 days and they're gone. Makes things seem very real.

Skin firming products?

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has tried skin firming products to prepare before explant. I've been using Nivea skin firming & smoothing serum everyday and adding plain unflavored gelatin to my morning coffee. Gelatin supposedly can tighten lose skin and helps produce collagen. I'm hoping it'll help out a bit!

Can't believe surgery is on Friday. I'm feeling really calm and good about it today.

Less than 24 hours!

I can't believe tomorrow is the day. I'm still feeling really good and calm about the whole thing. I keep thinking about all the things that will be different. I'll be able to stop wearing 1 or 2 sports bras to smush them down so I don't look ridiculous. And tonight will be my last run while having to drag these puppies around. I've thought about coming back to work and wondering if people will notice but I've come to the conclusion I'm so happy to get rid of them, I don't give a damn if they notice or what they think.

I window shop constantly. Looking at all the cute dresses and tops I could wear if I didn't have to keep the girls strapped down all the time. The loose tops I can wear this fall without looking like a cow. I just Can. Not. Wait!

I've also thought about how I dread looking at them after it's done tomorrow. But then I thought well, if they look horrible at least if I see them tomorrow I can tell myself they'll improve. If I wait a few days or a week to look and it still looks horrible then I'd question them ever improving.

I wonder if I should have antibiotic ointment and scar cream on hand for after surgery. I know my doctor told me I could shower the day after, but he didn't mention any scar treatment specifically.

It is done!

So the nurse asked me how out of it I wanted to be and then set me up with some Valium and something in my IV as well. I remember all of it though. We talked about old commercials during the procedure. Haha. They played music for me. The oddest part was watching him stitching me up. He was super efficient though. Seeing how big the implant sacks were afterwards and how much fluid came out was shocking.

From going back into the room, getting everything prepped, done, talking about after care, and leaving the office was 2 hours total.

Initial reaction is that I look better than expected. The skin is loose but not nearly as loose add I feared. What still concerns me is the skin underneath where my implants had bottomed out so much but won't be able to see that until tomorrow when bandages are removed.

About 5 hours after procedure I started getting achy and tender feeling and took a pain pill but it is not bad at all. He prescribed me 5mg hydrocodone.

A few more things

I meant to say that skin sensation came back almost immediately in my right breast and seems to be coming back in the left.

Also before surgery I measured 36.5" and now immediately after I'm 33.5"

24 hours out

24 hours out and minimal pain. Only hurts if I'm trying to lay on my side so the mild pain medicine helps me get comfy.

My surgeon was really laid back about bras afterwards. He didn't seem to feel any compassion was necessary. Regardless I'm switching from wearing nothing, to a tight sports bra, to ace bandages just depending on what is comfortable.

I'm really really happy with the results. I feel like I am already almost back to what I looked like before. They are so tiny and cute and comfortable. I've tried on a few shirts and just sat and cried in front of the mirror. It's amazing to feel like me again and like I don't have to hide anymore.

48 hours out

Pain almost nonexistent when I woke this morning. I slept in ace bandages over sports bra.

But then after climbing in and out of our truck a few times I thought I'd try to mow the yard. Both stupid decisions. The jiggling is a no no! Took a pain pill and hope that's the last I have to take.

The incisions look really good, like they are almost closed already. There is only one little spot of red. I've been putting neosporin on them once or twice a day.

Day 3

First day back to work. No pain, just some annoying itching. I bandaged back up just to keep my bra from rubbing the incisions. Still absolutely loving my new old boobs. Hoping they fluff out a little as I'm not really filling out a B cup which is what I was before.

6 days post

Saw the doctor yesterday to get my stitches out and he said I don't have to come back again. Any problems or complications at this point have a very small chance of occurring.

I'm definitely not fluffing up, if anything I'm still shrinking but that's okay because I love it! I bought 34B bras 2 days post and having trouble filling them out now.

I've had a bad headache for the past 2 days and even some nausea. I don't think it'd be related to the surgery but man I hope it goes away soon!

Before/After

I made this before/after with my picture from yesterday, 6 days post. I just can't believe that was even me before. They were enormous! And that was just with 350 cc implants!

My dog jumped up on me last night and hit my right boob. I had some stinging sensation in it after and a bit this morning but seems to be fine.

Noticing more changes

So I've went a few days without scrutinizing the girls but when I looked today I noticed more changes. Before surgery I never really had a crease below my breasts and it looks like they are shrinking up to go back to that. I hope they don't shrink much more or my scar is going to be hanging out in my rib cage.

This doesn't bother me but I also included a pic that shows how I still have animation deformity.

3 weeks out

So every week I'm noticing changes. They draw up a little more every week. I'm loving my shape. I love wearing shirts and not having these things bulging out from the sides into my arm pits.

I did try to go for a run on Wednesday and was getting some pain. Nothing horrible but enough for me to say I don't want to jeopardize my healing process. Tuesday -Thursday they were painful when any pressure was put on them. I couldn't lay on my stomach. Not sure if it was a hormonal thing or what? Anyway they are better now!
Tennessee Plastic Surgeon