Rhinoplasty: Should I or Shouldn't I?

This is now my 5th year of contemplating getting a...

This is now my 5th year of contemplating getting a nose job, and now I am 21 years old and in a position where I can afford to have the procedure done, I now do not know what to do.
I have performed so much research, and the reviews on this website have been so helpful… But part of my thinks that I am being unrealistic and I have doubts that a surgeon won't be able to help me… I am very unhappy with my nose, it has a bump on the bridge and the tip is very bulbous (even more so when I smile, which makes it look horrendously wide too). Has anyone got/had a similar nose and could provide me with some advice on what they would be able to do?

Your nose looks like mine! Its the first I've seen so similar. I'm also afraid of the surgery and have wanted it for years. I'm finally going for it this June. The fact is life is too short not to live your dreams. Why walk around feeling less than beautiful, when you could feel actually beautiful. Its no small thing for any women. If they say it is they're lying ;) unless they wear no makeup, don't color their hair or wear jewelry etc. That said yes you are beautiful, such pretty eyes. You will be even more stunning if u choose to change the nose.. I'm doing it! If u do, stay in touch :)
Don't get it!!! You are just fine! Take a look at me! You have it perfect. I don't care male or not, I'd rather look like you or even a mouse than what I look like now. Please do yourself a favor, overlook that! That's one thing you're insecure about! MY ENTIRE FACE to my large forehead to my sunken in hyper pigmented cheeks with a protruding lip are drawing mockery around you. If you don't have people pointing and staring at you, you're fine! There are billions of other people with the same problem you have. But in my case, I'm completely and bitterly alone, I have no one and probably will always be alone. Enjoy yourself :)
Good luck with your decision! If you decide to go for it, do a lot of research on your prospective doctors. Here's a list of questions to ask at your consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Keep us posted!
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, I am contemplating the procedure for my crooked nose, I also have a bump and bulbous bridge. I've been thinking about this for almost 15 years! I think you're beautiful with the nose you have, but it doesn't matter how many people tell you you're gorgeous, you have to feel it from within. I think it's easy to get freaked out or listen to people who tell you it's not worth it, they regret theirs, things can go wrong, etc, but I'm going into this process with conservative expectations and optimism. I too sometimes wonder, is my nose so deformed there is nothing a surgeon can do? Then I realize that very minor, subtle changes can have a huge impact. I plan on being very selective when it comes to choosing a surgeon, asking a lot of questions and going with my gut. You can always go to a few consults and if you don't feel right, abort the mission!! Also, try using the Ask a Doctor feature on here. I got a lot of responses from doctors when I asked about my nose. Good luck!
Wow, you already have some very stunning features! Do extensive research and take your time, and make sure you are on the same page with prospective surgeons. I would think your goal would be a small and natural refinement. Good luck!! :D
I just found this post and I just wanted to say I think you're really really pretty and your nose seems fine to me and I'm sure to others, but I know *exactly* how you feel. :/ I'm only 16 but as soon as I'm old enough I'm getting a nose job (or I think I will) my nose widens when I smile and has a bump on the bridge because I broke it a few years ago and it set a bit crooked. I hate it so much but everyone says they don't notice. Or if they do, they have to look so hard to see it... They say it's fine. I don't think they're lying, I mean, I believe they actually think it's ok. But it's about how you feel about it yourself, and if it would make you more confident to get it fixed. That's when you should do it. If you really believe it'll make that insecurity go away, or become smaller. So if you want to do it, and hey you said you have the money then go for it :) But I just want to say you really are gorgeous, like I'm jealous of your eyes and teeth and yeah :) you're stunning, but you gotta do what will make you believe that. Hope all goes well for you, God Bless
I'm love your nose... It's beautifully Natural... If it was broken, crooked or unnatural looking then I would fix it. It gives you a one of a kind look... Fixing it will give you a pop star "superficial Hollywood fake wannabe stuck up look" or worse a nose job look... It's not worth it... Your nose is beautiful... I would marry you and have lots of kids with your beautiful nose... I would want them to look like you when grown... I would keep the Tv and Mags from influencing them like we have been... Nose Jobs are becoming like tattoos it's your a true rebel if you don't get a tattoo or have nose or boob job... Your are creation at its finest... I would avoid pop Hollywood and spend that money traveling the world and I bet you will come back a changed person especially if you visit poor countries...