Thigh and Arm Lift with Liposuction (And Botox and Lip Filler) - Brisbane, AU

I had previously had gastric sleeving done on the...

I had previously had gastric sleeving done on the 21st or April 2013 to lose weight, as I have multiple sclerosis and a heart condition. My heart specialist had asked me to lose weight, but he knew with my lack of mobility it would be an issue. The following year I saw him again and had only lost a couple of kilo's, that's when he suggested surgery. He spoke to me on the lap banding, and also the gastric sleeving. He told me in his opinion the sleeve would be best in the long run, so I rolled with it. Then 6 months later, I was nearly at goal weight, and I consulted Dr Broadhurst, a plastic surgeon in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. He consulted with me in my home town, some 500 kms from him as he regularly comes here for procedures and the like. That first consult we spoke of the thigh and arm lift to remove saggy skin and a couple of other things, such as tightening my tummy and breast implants. I also had his registered nurse and lovely wife Leila do botox for me and also lip filler *ouch* I then received a quote for the arm and leg lift, app $12000. I decided to book in. So on the 26th of November, I had the operation and stayed overnight in the Mater Private Hospital. I had the botox and lip filler done, cause it hurts like a bitch and I am a sook. I woke up in this suit thing, covering my torso and also from under the breast down, very tight fitting as well. I have NO IDEA how the hell they got this on me, but I sure am glad I was asleep when they did it!!! I then learned I had to wear this compression suit for the next 6 weeks *omg really? Its summer here* But 3 1/2 weeks out, I am managing fine. I remove it everyday to shower, then place a new one on. It is annoying, and irritating, but you overcome that knowing what a difference it is going to make. Not many issues except for me being a worry wart from watching and looking at too many photo's online. I just want to say I received excellent care in the hospital, and excellent care pre and post op from Dr Broadhurst, Leila and his practice. Also, my arms look FABULOUS! Legs are getting there, still waiting for the swelling to subside and my little fat feet to return to normal and for my "cankles" to go back to being normal ankles.

Compression garment - the nightmare

Hi, just posting a pic of the garment I have to wear for 6 weeks...2 weeks and 2 days to go before it is gone for good! Is driving me nuts, and yes, I know it looks like a superman outfit with the knickers on, but it has this darling little gap to go potty *urgh* which I tend just to undo the zippers and clips and pull the whole thing down lol Feeling very short of breathe the last few times I have removed it as well, might be because it is very tight?

DVT or Hematoma

Monday 23rd Went to the GP about the large swelling on the inner left thigh, and he sent me straight to the hospital (at 4.45pm 40 mins away from me) to have a doppler and other tests done. He was immediately worried it was a blood clot/dvt or vasculitus. The imagine at the hospital closes at 5pm and they said if I got the at 4.45 they could do me, or the machines would be getting shut down for the night. So I did a 40 min trip in 30 mins, and probably have some speeding tickets heading my way. The technician said there was not clots but I would have to go to the doctor to find out if it is vasculitis or not (I think it is just swelling) I am still unable to "fill" my lungs up, but could be anxiety. Shall update after visit to drs this morning. Christmas Eve,,,,sigh, where has the year gone?

Some more pics and more pain

Uploading some pics of the end of week 4? Tuesday is week 5 for me, then the next week will be week six, which means no more compression suit! *yay*
My legs have had very little feeling in them, but today I have noticed when I had a shower, when I touched the leg scar, it felt like I had leaned up against a cactus! Needless to say, I think the sensation is coming back! :( Still in a lot of pain with the lump, the leg pain is intense, and the pain from the CS on my arms is horrible as well. You can see in some of the pics red marks at the tops of my arms where it rubs. I have tried padding it with different things, but it still rubs. I also have an awful case of heat rash on my back, under the CS. We are having a heatwave here in Australia at the moment :(

I don't know why I am bothering....

I was going to say I now only have 5 days til I get my compression suit off....and how much my feet are swollen and ask how I can elevate this as there are some knowledgeable people here. Bit disappointed tho, only 4 replies in my story, mainly talking to myself and just a couple of others. I do try to stay positive in here for others on their journey and support them. Might just stick with my private blog. Hope everyone recovers ok, and thank you to Jules73, Lamicah1, onedimsim (mmmm fish and chips) and BeachGirl66 for conversing with me
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Excellent, professional, friendly, competent. Best plastic surgeon around.

Hey Jules.. sorry I havent commented. Been dealing with stuff on my end. Your pics look good but I know about the swelling as well as hematomas.. i have both. If there's anything you would like to ask or talk about I will inbox u my number.. for some reason Idont get nonotified when someone replies or responds here... I just so happen to be browsing and saw ur post. Hope to talk to u soon
Jules please update been thinking about u and haven't heard from u in a bit missy...
Oh dont be discouraged, these ladies, beachgirl, onedimsim, bariatric life, is all you need. :-) i just stumbled across your profile and i just want to offer my support, i know your frustration with the swelling. Just keep your feet elevated above your heart that is and drink Arnica tea. Lymphatic drainage massages help a whole lot but im not sure if its allowed since you have a vertical insicion. Additionally Chi Massagers are working wonders for me... I'll post a pic of it in a couple of days. I hope you are finding yourself well and that those biopsies resulted back to your favor.
Yeah my doc recommended the chi massages too! Thanks for supporting Liz! I say the more the merrier!!
You seem to be healing fast... Your scar is mostly a smooth one line. That's a good thing because it should fade really well. I'm four weeks post op myself for a lower body lift and your healling seems to have accelerated... Happy healing .
also i am SO SORRY i have not e-visted visited recently! I am VERY INTERESTED in your updates! I am in a Percoset daze ..have the attention span of a flea, the energy of a three-toed sloth, and am completely narcoleptic except between the hours of 9pm - 12a. Please keep posting!
Hi Jules! No more bat suit? Now that is disappointing! I'm still flying around my LR in my superman undies....I now have the proper black bottoms, but not the proper black top :-/.....very disappointing! I have a suit that matches yours almost actually, except it is down to ankles, but it is VERY narrow and they did not put me in it in the OR, so now I am swelling like crazy.....maybe next week for my proper bat suit!
How are you doing young lady?
Hi Jules. I've got to throw in here that some of this 'lack of attention' could be due to the way this site is set up. Unless one searches daily for whatever procedure interests them - in this case, thigh lift, there seems to be no way to get notified. I wish it worked more like Facebook in some ways. I might stumble upon someone's blog and comment on it. But if I make more than five comments to any blogs in one day, I can't seem to figure out how to find the people I may have commented on 6 comments back, or 7, etc. You know what I mean? The site is great, but I think it could be set up better. I know I get email notifications if someone comments on a blog I'm commenting on - but to find one in the first place? Just seems more difficult that it ought to be. Anyway... that said - You look like you're healing well. And yeah, that sensation coming back can feel really weird. I had a breast lift (and aug... and tummy tuck 3 yrs ago) and I'd get some really sharp, random pains in my breasts off and on for a long, long time. No chance that cactus, prickly feeling is a knot from a suture? The internal ones can take months to dissolve and some end up just working themselves out, instead. Anyway, wanted to tell you you look terrific. But if you find you're swelling mid day or towards the end of the day, you might want to put that compression garment back on for a bit. I know the heat has to make it miserable, though. That would be like me having my surgery in July or Aug. In AZ where I live, it gets to about 115 degrees at times in the summer. Yuck.
Ooh jules im sorry you feel bad. Im sure its not intentional, some people are just so wrapped up in thier own lives. I tried on my own cg yesterday and although it fitted well i was sweating by the time i took it off. I can imagine the torment of having to wear it every day plus adding on the lack of sleep.... I finally posted my own reveiw yesterday after a lot of umming and arrhing. I know for some of us it really is a big deal. Sending you a pat on the back (no hugs its way too hot lol)
Jules001 thank you for being so honest. For the last 48 hours I have been feeling a bit upset....damn near, about the same thing. And debating if it was just the Percs and I should just keep my pie hole shut, or if it was truly worth talking about the way I was feeling..... So you my dear friend, have inspired me to speak my mind! First of all, I am very sorry that you are feeling this way and not feeling very supported by the people on this site. It makes me very sad. So the last 2 days on here I have been feeling much the same,,,, I feel like some people are picking and choosing who to be supportive of based off whether they view the other persons results are fantastic or not. I also feel that some people are not being authentic or honest. This site is not called "Do you think I'm hot!" It is called RealSelf... I think that speaks for itself. Be proud, post your pics enjoy your transformations, but don't make others feel bad and alone. We are all different shapes, sizes and proportioned differently. Not all of us will turn out like " Barbie" Nor do some women want to. I thought this site was to support each other and I am seeing some people doing just the opposite . We all want to be supported and we all want to share our journeys, and I think if you are going to go through the trouble to set up a profile and post your story, and receive feedback, then you need to return the favor to others . This is not easy for some people to bare their souls and post very private pictures of the good, the bad and the embarrassing ! I know for me it was super hard. I am in no way shape or form saying don't be proud of how far you have come to get to we're you are at. I'm saying just because someone doesn't look exactly the way you look or you think they should look doesn't mean you should not speak to them or support them in their journey. This isn't High School and there shouldn't be any Mean Girl stuff going on here....Right....???? So please reconsider whether you are on here for the right reasons.. Jules deserves our support just as much as anyone does.
Thanks BeachBabe, I guess I just had a bad sleeplast night, woke up and could barely walk, and on top of that, I have to get these biopsies done to determine if I have breast cancer or not....just feeling sorry for myself. My internet is so slow as I am on satelite and I have tried to ppost replies many times to people only to have it disconnect when I hit "post" so I try to remember what it was I typed then try again....2014 is going to be a good year, I cant let this get me down I think, so might just plan that cruise and trek thru the Himalayas and the volunteering in Cambodia for 2 weeks as well. Got to do something, life is too short, and having MS and everything else makes me realise this. Its hard when your legally blind, as I have kaleidoscopic vision, but hey, at least I wake up to a rainbow everyday. :) got to stay positive, might be a time to change pain killers to as well I think! Hope your travelling along ok too luv, I always scroll thru and get my pc to read your posts to me, and LOL I just had a funny thought, you should hear how some of the words are pronounce! Oh, and did I mention I had a very short attention span? now.....where was I??
I can relate to the bad sleep as I have been up since 2 am this morning. I just feel like being Real and honest is the best way to be... You have a lot to deal with in your life and you are entitled to have a bad day here or there missy!!! My mom has survived breast cancer 3 times : ) I hope you don't have to deal with that too.. Absolutely live life everyday as it's your last.... Cuz it's short. Rainbows are great and attitude is everything. So vent to us if you need to sweetie pie, cuz that's what we're here for to support each other.
Nice post here, chica! You've summed it up nicely. Sometimes a little too much of the mean girl stuff, sometimes a little too strident in what 'should' or 'should not' be a surgeon's technique, or an outcome, or a goal. We ARE all individuals and we need to do what it takes to see ourselves as we desire. And some DO want to look like Barbies, and some want to be full and voluptuous and both are perfectly FINE. And anywhere in the middle, for that matter. All this said, I STILL think there's something to the way this RS site is laid out that makes it difficult to find others or once you do, to keep in touch with them. Not enough... idk... connections?
Agreed and i also think we need a "like button " and a " dislike button!!! " Doesn't surprise me to much that there are mean girls cuz my mom is 73 years old and she says some of same stuff about gossiping and competing within here circle of acquaintances ...... 73 really ladies ... Omg I hope that isn't what I get to look forward to at that age lmao
Yeah, I agree...folks are definitely more drawn to the better "afters" get a breast aug....you'll get lots of attention...haha!
Lmao indeed! But over all I love this site! Just got to know the difference between a Flower. .. and a Weed ; ) You onedimsim are a bouquet of flowers!!
A big thank you to MyBariatricLife as well for the emails and support a couple of weeks ago. Thank you :)
Poor you i feel your pain in this heat
Congrats on your weight loss. I thought about getting the sleeve but I changed my mind. I am just to scared to get that done. So I am doing the diet pills instead so far 30 pds gone in 7 months so I can't complain. Hope everything is good. Happy healing :)
Hi Lamicah1, congrats on the loss! I tried the pills, they didnt go well with my heart condition, but they did work :) I hope you have continued success with them.One thing I have learnt with the sleeve is we don't need the amount of food we consume at all. My other half is cutting his portions back as well, I used to really eat huge amounts of food and put me in an all you can eat place, I would sit there for ages and try everything! Keep going tho, its worth it to lose weight, changes your perspective on life and everything.Thank you for commenting as well :)
Thanks and yea they aren't for people with heart conditions. But at least you found something that works for you. I really need to drink more water and I'm sure it would help even more and faster. And your welcome :)
Hope all is ok
Hi Ya. Yes, all id ok, still massive amounts of swelling, and now...HEAT RASH to contend with underneath the CS....teach me for standing at the races all day watching my niece race! lol Just having a little down time, plus, I am on satellite internet so it is very slow and I get booted off all the time. Hope you are well, and enjoyed your Christmas!
Did they rule out hematoma? Thigh lifts are famous for these!