Thigh and Arm Lift with Liposuction (And Botox and Lip Filler) - Brisbane, AU

I had previously had gastric sleeving done on the...

I had previously had gastric sleeving done on the 21st or April 2013 to lose weight, as I have multiple sclerosis and a heart condition. My heart specialist had asked me to lose weight, but he knew with my lack of mobility it would be an issue. The following year I saw him again and had only lost a couple of kilo's, that's when he suggested surgery. He spoke to me on the lap banding, and also the gastric sleeving. He told me in his opinion the sleeve would be best in the long run, so I rolled with it. Then 6 months later, I was nearly at goal weight, and I consulted Dr Broadhurst, a plastic surgeon in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. He consulted with me in my home town, some 500 kms from him as he regularly comes here for procedures and the like. That first consult we spoke of the thigh and arm lift to remove saggy skin and a couple of other things, such as tightening my tummy and breast implants. I also had his registered nurse and lovely wife Leila do botox for me and also lip filler *ouch* I then received a quote for the arm and leg lift, app $12000. I decided to book in. So on the 26th of November, I had the operation and stayed overnight in the Mater Private Hospital. I had the botox and lip filler done, cause it hurts like a bitch and I am a sook. I woke up in this suit thing, covering my torso and also from under the breast down, very tight fitting as well. I have NO IDEA how the hell they got this on me, but I sure am glad I was asleep when they did it!!! I then learned I had to wear this compression suit for the next 6 weeks *omg really? Its summer here* But 3 1/2 weeks out, I am managing fine. I remove it everyday to shower, then place a new one on. It is annoying, and irritating, but you overcome that knowing what a difference it is going to make. Not many issues except for me being a worry wart from watching and looking at too many photo's online. I just want to say I received excellent care in the hospital, and excellent care pre and post op from Dr Broadhurst, Leila and his practice. Also, my arms look FABULOUS! Legs are getting there, still waiting for the swelling to subside and my little fat feet to return to normal and for my "cankles" to go back to being normal ankles.

Compression garment - the nightmare

Hi, just posting a pic of the garment I have to wear for 6 weeks...2 weeks and 2 days to go before it is gone for good! Is driving me nuts, and yes, I know it looks like a superman outfit with the knickers on, but it has this darling little gap to go potty *urgh* which I tend just to undo the zippers and clips and pull the whole thing down lol Feeling very short of breathe the last few times I have removed it as well, might be because it is very tight?

DVT or Hematoma

Monday 23rd Went to the GP about the large swelling on the inner left thigh, and he sent me straight to the hospital (at 4.45pm 40 mins away from me) to have a doppler and other tests done. He was immediately worried it was a blood clot/dvt or vasculitus. The imagine at the hospital closes at 5pm and they said if I got the at 4.45 they could do me, or the machines would be getting shut down for the night. So I did a 40 min trip in 30 mins, and probably have some speeding tickets heading my way. The technician said there was not clots but I would have to go to the doctor to find out if it is vasculitis or not (I think it is just swelling) I am still unable to "fill" my lungs up, but could be anxiety. Shall update after visit to drs this morning. Christmas Eve,,,,sigh, where has the year gone?

Some more pics and more pain

Uploading some pics of the end of week 4? Tuesday is week 5 for me, then the next week will be week six, which means no more compression suit! *yay*
My legs have had very little feeling in them, but today I have noticed when I had a shower, when I touched the leg scar, it felt like I had leaned up against a cactus! Needless to say, I think the sensation is coming back! :( Still in a lot of pain with the lump, the leg pain is intense, and the pain from the CS on my arms is horrible as well. You can see in some of the pics red marks at the tops of my arms where it rubs. I have tried padding it with different things, but it still rubs. I also have an awful case of heat rash on my back, under the CS. We are having a heatwave here in Australia at the moment :(

I don't know why I am bothering....

I was going to say I now only have 5 days til I get my compression suit off....and how much my feet are swollen and ask how I can elevate this as there are some knowledgeable people here. Bit disappointed tho, only 4 replies in my story, mainly talking to myself and just a couple of others. I do try to stay positive in here for others on their journey and support them. Might just stick with my private blog. Hope everyone recovers ok, and thank you to Jules73, Lamicah1, onedimsim (mmmm fish and chips) and BeachGirl66 for conversing with me
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Excellent, professional, friendly, competent. Best plastic surgeon around.