Nearly Ten Years of Aquamid - DON'T DO IT! Injected in 2004 - Lips -Brisbane, AU

Yes, I am happy with it and have had no major side...

Yes, I am happy with it and have had no major side effects. Obviously, you MUST have it professionally done as mine has lasted for 10 years.

BUT, the only down side is that my lips are now fuller and a little less flexible - I used to be a very good amateur flautist and can not now flex my lips to play the high notes on the flute, nor can I whistle.

UPDATE ON REVIEW: I have started getting infections in my lips from the Aquamid!! The lower left side of my lip is a hard, red, hot, infected mass. I am told that I will have to have surgery to remove the aquamid. All in all, I am pretty sorry I have had it. I was very sorry to lose the ability to play the flute and whistle. But now, this infection is so painful, the surgery will improve it but leave scars. All in all, don't use it! Pretty terrible side effects down the track. It seems there are many cases like mine where some sort od deterioration in the product years down the track causes infections (and in some cases I've read on the internet, tumors)

Wow, that is really interesting that it has affected your ability to play the flute. You must be pretty bummed about that. I'm glad to see you still felt it was worth it even considering that.

It affects the flexibility of your lips, even eating a burger is challenging.

I AM NOT GETTING MAJOR COMPLICATIONS ON ACQUIMID - DON'T USE IT!

I have started getting infections in my lips from the Aquamid!! The lower left side of my lip is a hard, red, hot, infected mass. I am told that I will have to have surgery to remove the aquamid. All in all, I am pretty sorry I have had it. I was very sorry to lose the ability to play the flute and whistle. But now, this infection is so painful, the surgery will improve it but leave scars. All in all, don't use it! Pretty terrible side effects down the track. It seems there are many cases like mine where some sort od deterioration in the product years down the track causes infections (and in some cases I've read on the internet, tumors).

Further, I am a lot more upset about not being able to play the flute than appears from my review. I guess in hindsight, I wouldn't have done it if I had realised I'd never play the flute again.

I AM NOW GETTING MAJOR COMPLICATIONS ON ACQUAMID - DON'T USE IT!

I have started getting infections in my lips from the Aquamid!! The lower left side of my lip is a hard, red, hot, infected mass. I am told that I will have to have surgery to remove the aquamid. All in all, I am pretty sorry I have had it. I was very sorry to lose the ability to play the flute and whistle. But now, this infection is so painful, the surgery will improve it but leave scars. All in… SHOW MORE all, don't use it! Pretty terrible side effects down the track. It seems there are many cases like mine where some sort od deterioration in the product years down the track causes infections (and in some cases I've read on the internet, tumors).

Further, I am a lot more upset about not being able to play the flute than appears from my review. I wrote the review as I was upset about it so people would know about it, but I probably was too moderate in my comments, judging from the responses. In hindsight, I deeply regret having the injections.