I'll Take You Back to the Start - Brisbane, AU

Last year was a difficult year for me and I...

Last year was a difficult year for me and I remember thinking, what better way to move forward then by getting a new tattoo. That's where everything clearly went wrong. I have other tattoos already but to be honest, I love them - but unlike this tattoo, they mean something to me. So it was November last year and I decided I would get a large flower design on my left hip. I would like to state that I mean no disrespect to the tattoo artist, she is wonderful and incredibly talented. It wasn't until I saw the tattoo on my skin that I panicked! Immediately I did not like it! The following day I delved straight into research regarding tattoo removal. I spoke with several reputable places in Brisbane and spent hours researching the procedure on the internet. This procedure is not something to take lightly. This is your skin you are messing with! So once I found a reputable place I made a consultation. I was told I could not start treatment for a minimum of 2 months. Apparently the ink needed to settle into my skin first before attempting to remove the tattoo. The ladies who spoke to me during my consultation were amazing. They were friendly, and answered my million and 1 questions. They were incredibly knowledgable and I felt comfortable. I paid for 6 sessions upfront costing a total of $1800 AU (that is with a discount for purchasing several sessions!). Yes, it's expensive, and if someone tries to tell you otherwise, I would be hesitant to allow them to commence the procedure. The ladies were honest with me and said it will more than likely take more than 6 sessions to completely remove the tattoo. I couldn't believe it! So finally the two month mark came around and I went in for my first treatment. As you can see in the photo, the tattoo is quite large, so because of this I had to split the first session into two. I completed only the bottom half and returned 4 weeks later to complete the upper half of the tattoo. I could not believe the pain! IT WAS TERRIBLE! And I have a high pain threshold. I returned 4 weeks later to complete the first session. I saw improvement almost immediately - the tattoo was much lighter than prior to the first procedure.

6 November 2013

Goodmorning fellow bloggers. I have receive an overwhelming response from users, and I am very grateful. I have posted two photos online the first photo is a side angle and shows the tattoo only hours after completion. The other photo (close-up) shows the state of the tattoo 5 sessions later. Unfortunately the photo does little justice. The tattoo has certainly faded and if I stretch the skin I notice it has certainly shattered into smaller pieces. I am due for the second stage of the 5th session next week. The second stage of each session involves removing the upper half of the tattoo. I have noticed the upper half of my tattoo is deeper and darker compared to the remainder of the tattoo. I recall the upper half of the tattoo is where the artist commenced hence why it is deeper and darker. I take it she became fatigued several hours later hence why the bottom half is responding to the removal more effectively. Once I complete the second stage of the 5th session I will post another photo. I will attempt to take better photos for you all so you can get a better idea. I hope I have answered some of your questions and queries. Until next time.

5 sessions later

5th session complete

As some of you are aware, I completed my 5th session of tattoo laser removal two weeks ago. I didn't want to post a comment regarding the treatment as I wanted to see whether I would notice a difference after two weeks. Hate to say, I am finding it difficult to notice a difference. In saying that, there are subtle changes and the tattoo has faded dramatically. I was wondering whether the lines are suppose to start breaking and disappearing? It appears my tattoo remains in one piece however it is dramatically lighter in colour.

I have my 6th session before christmas. Following the 6th session I will be required to fork out another $1800 (more than likely) for what I am guessing will be another 6 sessions. Loosing patience with the process and I really hope that after the two years I have committed, the tattoo will cease to exist!

Words of encouragement are highly welcome!
Image by Laser New Farm

I am happy to recommend the clinic I visit. If you wish to know the name, please inbox me and I am happy to disclose the information.