Latisse - Lumigan 3% Generic for Latisse -Brisbane, AU

I got lumigan 3 percent (same as Latisse) to help...

I got lumigan 3 percent (same as Latisse) to help my lashes recover from extensions. I used one tiny drop in the lid and used a fine eyeliner brush to apply it at the base of upper lashes only. I used it 3 times a week for 6 weeks. After 5 weeks, I noticed a red purplish tinge along the lash line. So, I decided I did not need the stress of possible side effects and threw it out. About a week after throwing it out, I noticed that my eyes were darker. The bright aqua blue was gone and my eyes has turned from a light blue green to a dark grey, slate green/blue colour. (refer to uploaded pics) This occurred after approximately 23 applications with the tiniest drop. An ophthalmologist has told me since, that whatever is put around the eye will actually also get into the eye. Yes, I did notice no eyelash loss in that time and some growth but so not worth it. Upon further research of this product, I discovered that you can also experience orbital fat loss and get sunken eyes. Google - lumigan orbital atrophy (images). I believe that if you are using this product without side affect, at some point, you are likely to experience a colour change or sunken eyes. I have a friend who has been using it for glaucoma. It was after five years of use that she noticed a gold ring around the iris of her blue eyes. Most of the literature is suggesting that this happens with long term use. Well, it happened to me with minimal product use in a very short amount of time and it changed my iris colour. (Refer to pics) I am devastated. The colour change is permanent. However, the orbital fat and eyelid discolouration is not permanent and can correct over time.I would encourage anyone using this product to please consider ceasing, as you may become another Latisse casualty. I am not naming the Doctor who gave me the script, as I persuaded and convinced him to give it to me, to help me recover from eyelash damage from extensions. Yes, he really should have refused to give it to me but I was very convincing in my plea for it. I have six appointments with a psychologist in the New Year, to help me recover from all my cosmetic disasters. Please - be careful what you wish for. I did not realise I had such pretty eyes until I wrecked them. I did not realise that I had quite good natural lashes until I used a product that to improve them that then changed my eye colour for the worse. Also, I did not realise I had good skin until (in the hands of bad therapist) I wrecked it. I did not realise I had nice lips until (in the hands of bad cosmetic tatooist) I wrecked them. Despite other people actual wrecking them, the fact is that I did not need to attempt to improve or enhance anything I had naturally and in the process I have wrecked my self with permanent damage and unwanted changes. So, I conclude again with - Be careful what you wish for!

I'm glad you posted a review!  I'm sorry your eyes changed color.  I'd be devastated too, I love my eye color.  I've definitely been thinking twice about continuing the Latisse, and appreciate your insight.

Latisse changed my eye colour

My eyes continued to darken even after ceasing lumigan. This is after about 8 weeks of stopping
I have to say, the green is gorgeous. Honestly! I completely understand your disappointment -- and I'm sure disappointment is an understatement. But I hope it helps to know that many people will covet your stunning green eyes. I certainly do. The colour is bright compared to a lot of "green eyes", saturated (not almost green, or easily mistaken for the grey or hazel) and rare. They are stunning.
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind post. I have to accept this change either way. I really hope that my review is helping people to think twice about using latisse.

Update

The redness and purple along the lash line seems to be almost gone compared to what it was. So that's at approx 8 weeks after stopping. I've done a lot research and I honestly believe that if you are using this and don't have side affect at some stage it will with longer use. It can start to grow hairs inside the eyelids and tear ducts, it can stain the whites of the iris and affect your ocular pressure and not to forget the sunken eyes from orbital fat loss. I have no reversing of iris colour this is likely to be permanent. However, I have a small glimmer of hope, as one lady who used it for glaucoma said that after three or more years of not using it her eyes seemed to return to their original colour of bright light green instead of dark ate green from Lumigam. Remember Latisse is Lumigan. Also, ever see Claire Danes spraining the product laty or personally raving about it? No. I would not be surprised if she ended up with issues from it but has to stay hush hush because of the contact she would have made with Latisse.

Update

Sorry just wrote an update above. Was supposed to say - ever recently seen Claire Danes promoting the product, not spraining.
Interesting what you found out from the women who had used Lumigan and whose eyes did eventually change back.

Recent pic

Still dark.

The change updated

This is another before pic and after pic taken at 2.5 months after stopping. Anyone had any experience with the Isis iris lightening kit? If yes, please share.
I have the same color as you do. I am so glad I didn't use this. Maybellineo
Hi Maybellineo, I'm so glad to have been able to help you not use it. There are quite a few other woman on other sites saying that it did this to their blue green eyes and very quickly. Latisse warnings say the cour change happens whe. There is brown pigment in eyes. Well there was no brown pigment anywhere is my blue green eyes. They are now dark blue green/hazelish colour. Latisse website only has bright blue eyed models advertising their product. They need to change the wording of their side effects. I hate myself for doing what I did to my once pretty eye colour now a murky dark blue green hazel :(
(I just replied to your comment on my review, but figured I should read yours too!) I'm so sorry that your eyes have changed color... I took a look at all of your pics and did notice the color change. If only it worked in the opposite direction and would take my dark brown eyes and make them blue! Anyway, I must say that your eyes are still beautiful despite the color change. Of course, that's easy for me to say - but, I really do mean it. Maybe the brown pigmentation will fade? I know they say "it may be permanent" but, they also said that about the pigmentation on the lids - and that faded for you - they didn't said it WILL be permanent... Positive thoughts! I also have the red/purplish line on my lids where I apply it! I hate it. It makes me look like I am sick when I don't have any cover-up on it. I am glad to hear that does fade. This stuff has had an amazing effect on my lashes... but, that whole fat loss thing you mentioned scares the life out of me!!! I don't want sunken eyeballs! Thank you for your review!

Darkened iris

Colour at three months - no change. My work does new staff head shots every year, same photographer and lighting. I am waiting for the new photos to do a before and after shot that will show the change with when there is definitely no light variation or photographic differences. I'm not looking forward to seeing the new photo with my new ugly eye colour :(
Aww - they're not murky!! I am so sorry that they've changed for you. It's awful and I'm sure you're sick about it, but I just want to tell you that they are still very beautiful. Hopefully they can find a way to undo what Latisse has done, but until then – know that they're still very beautiful! (and I am not one to BS anybody).
Hey Blossoms: Your gray eye color now is still very beautiful. BUT, I know I would be pissed if my blue-green color changed. Maybellineo

Blue eyes turned dark green

Latisse really need to be more specific in their side effects. It doesn't turn blue eyes brown. It turns them dark green and dark navy slate. This can happen in a very short amount if time with minimal use and to lash line only. There are more reports of this happening to blue eyes, not reports of turning brown but darkening to dark green hazel and very dark greys. The doctors on here saying it can't really happen when you just put it on the lash line are lying and misleading.

Dark grey eyes

They are really quite a dark grey green now. My limball ring used to be a bright blue. Latisse has MADD it thicker and really dark grey almost black. I hate looking at the mirror. It's made me look so dull. The colour is really unflattering compared to my real colour and I'm stuck with it. I hate latisse. You can't even contact them in their website to advise them of what happened - dodgy

Eyes keep darkening

At nearly 3 months after stopping lumigan, my eyes keep darkening.

Very dark

Before and after 3 months since stopping

Before

Before - light blue
After - dark get green/hazel
I was going to mention that your eyes look good, but I see many people have already done that. It's interesting to learn how frightening the potential for having remotely brownish eyes is for people. I was born with brown and, not only am I still alive, but I am a model and managed to wrangle a handsome husband... somehow... even with brown eyes. Imagine that. I think you'll be okay.
Brown eyes are incredibly beautiful!! I had no brown in my eyes. They were a very bright pretty blue green. Now they are very grey, dark and dull. I would probably have preferred if they turned to a warm brown. It's the dark get that is dull and unflattering to my complexion and hair colour

Before and after latisse

Sorry but my before eyes were good. The after is dark grey and dull

After latisse

Hi Jill did your friends whose turned from crystal blue to navy blue, ever start to fade back ?

Dark get eyes

My eyes continued to darken even months after stopping latisse. It is a shame that the side effects information dies not state that, it can darken blue and green eyes into a very dark grey (not brown) and it can happen quickly and us irreversible. I emailed Allegan to advise then of what happened to me and they don't even reply
I think that was someone else, I don't know anyone personally whose eyes have changed from latisse.

Very depressed 4 months after stopping

This is the most depressing thing I could have ever done to myself. And what's worse is it's not like dying your hair a bad colour and damaging it, or getting a real bad hair cut. Sure that's depressing but at least you know there will be light at the end if the tunnel and it will grow and eventually come back. It's just so weird looking in the mirror at different eyes that are not that flattering to my hair and complexion as my natural colour. I go to do my eye make up and it just looks do different. I barely go out anymore and dread weekdays when I have to face the mirror to put make up in for work.
I am so sorry for you! I have green eyes, but they look gray with wrong makeup or certain colors clothes, and I would be devastated if I'd be stuck with gray. And I'm writing to say thank You, because I was considering Lattisse, but now I'd rather research natural remedies.

Worst product ever!!

The psychological damage of this product going wrong has been enormous for me. It's very gloomy when when you have to face the mirror and see that your once bright eyes are dark grey and dull. Even changing my make up colours has not helped. The red purple line along the lash has finally totally gone. So that took about 4 months to correct itself. No change in the iris, if anything it has continued to darken over.

No change

Iris is still dark 4,5 months latee
You're still beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. You may have saved many people a lot of money and pain. I believe we should be happy with what we have instead of trying to make ourselves perfect and really weigh the side effects of any cosmetic procedure. Also, look into natural oils like tea tree and rosehip oils. They really can help enhance your health and beauty instead of altering what you were born with. Best of luck.
I am very skeptical about using this product now...
I am so sorry to hear that this has happened and I also would be devastated. It is a shame that both Doctors and the Company denies that this is a side effect which occurs more often than they want us make believe. I myself got purple upper eyelids from Latisse despite using it sparsely and only every alternate day. It has not reversed since I stopped applying it (more than a year ago). The purple seems to be permanent in my case. But the doctors say it cannot be from Latisse.

5 mths no changes

Eyes are still grey. I just pray they will one day return. I urge anyone considering using latisse to not. If you are using it cease immediately.

Dark grey

This is how dark they look in the shade or low light

Dark grey after brief use of latisse.

Hard to believe it did this in such a short time. I am so depressed. This is likely to be permanent. Can't believe latisse alludes to this only occurring in eyes that already have brown pigment when it is actually light blue green eyes that are most at risk of colour change.

Sunken eyes

I got fat loss from the eyes too.
The study said that only some of the fat returned? That is sad. I thought it was completely reversible. I found a study that said is it reversible but it didn't say to what extent.

Latisse update - 5 mths

It's been 5 months. I keep waking up in the mornings hoping that they will have lightened back but they kind of seem to darken :(
Your photos are incredibly misleading. That iPhone screenshot, in particular. Your eyebrow is orange, yellow and PINK! Obviously the color saturation in that photo is not natural, therefore it's of no use as a comparison. Have you ever seen an ebay or craigslist ad where the seller put a dollar bill next to the item for sale? That's because there's no way to tell how big something is in a photo unless a scale is provided. Everyone knows the size of a dollar bill, so through that contrast, the actual size of the item is clear. Same goes for color. You need a context, or a scale. If you really do want to help people with your story, then use proof. I suggest you find a before picture with something recognizable in the background, for instance, a colored wall. Then go back to that same exact wall and take after pictures under varying light conditions until the color of the wall appears the same in both pictures. THAT is proof.
Izzi23 With all due respect, why does she need such proof? She is trying to help others and if u don't want to believe that this can happen, ignore the warning and use latisse. There are numerous studies with plenty of pictures and ophthalmologists acknowledging periorbital fatloss for you to read for your "proof." Rather than trying to attack the people that this has happened to and have had their self esteem and self appearance altered because of an unlisted side effect. Blossoms, How are you doing as far as the fat loss goes? I am hopeful you will make a full recovery :)
Hi Izzi23 I wish thus was all false. It is not kissable for a before and after shot as you describe, as my eyes have permanently changed colour. I have shared my experience to help people. I am sorry you think this is a hoax.

6 months later

It has been six months since I stopped. I would now describe my eye colour as grey and dark grey. I see no blue greens anymore. They are doing the iris lightening with laser in Spain. This is the same as what Stroma are trying to get approved. I doubt it will ever be approved. The possible negative side effect risks listed in the agreement forms in Spain sound horrendous. They range from the iris inflammation ( which can be treated) eye hemorage (not sure how long that takes to heal) permanently displayed pupil that no longer responds to light and some other stuff about things attaching to the cornea. The pupil dilation and the hemorage would be a very depressing and distressing if it happened. So, I doubt anyone will agree to try this procedure, except people in the trials from poor countries who were paid to
Hello Blossom! Thank you for sharing your story. I wasn't seriously considering Latisse yet, but I was curious about it and I happened to stumble across this page. Now I'm really glad that I've read about these side effects, because they certainly have diminished any interest I ever had in trying the product. I was wondering about your initial reason for using Latisse- you said it was to help your lashes recover from extensions? I wondered if you'd be able to elaborate on this a little. I actually have been thinking about getting lash extensions at some point, but now I'm concerned as to whether this is something else I should avoid. At the very least, I'm wondering what kind of effects you had from lash extensions, and whether you'd recommend trying them or avoiding them all together. Your story reminded me of a thread I read on another forum months ago, about a method of using a natural honey solution to gradually lighten eyes over time. It was an interesting notion and the girls seemed to be happy with their success, so I looked the thread up and found it again. I have never tried this method personally (and I don't plan to anyways, since I never had the intention of changing my eye color) so I can't speak on how effective it is on blue eyes. I suppose it might range from person to person. In any case, I thought I'd mention it here in case you wanted to read it. I can't post links, but if you just Google "Nexus honey eyes", it's the first result that comes up. The post is called "How to Lighten Your Eye Color Naturally". There was also a trademarked treatment that I came across called "BrightOcular," (you can Google it to find their website) which apparently is a way of permanently altering your eye color with an iris implant. (Obviously, this has to be done professionally). The patient photos on the website were really dramatic, since most people began with very dark brown eyes and changed them to sea green, sky blue, honey amber, etc. You mentioned getting hand-painted color contact, lenses, and this would definitely be a way bigger step than doing that, but if you wanted to see it, here's a link for that too. (Again, I have absolutely no personal experience with this either, it's just something else I found online that looked interesting.) I'm really sorry you've had such a bad experience with Latisse, and thanks again for sharing your story and your pictures. Have you seen any changes or improvements in your eye color since the last time you posted? Has your ophthalmologist weighed in on what's happened or offered any advice? Good luck to you, I really hope eventually you'll be able to get back to your original color! That being said, at least the color change is still very pretty, even if it isn't what you're used to. But I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have such an unexpected and undesired change. Best wishes!
Hi Lexi D, you are right. I agree with everything you said.

8 months later

I hope my review and others who experienced eye colour change and sunken eyes have started to put latisse out of business.
It's almost twelve months since I stopped using it. They have only gotten darker. They are a dark grey hazel. Really struggling with trying to not be depressed when I look in the mirror. The colour is not flattering on me and no matter how hard I try to adjust my make up, nothing enhances it. What a stupid mistake I made. At the moment, I can't afford to buy the coloured contacts.
Thanks for sharing your review. The fat atrophy isn't always reversible - it wasn't in my case. When it develops gradually over extended use (2 years in my case), it may turn out to be permanent.
I am so sorry that happened to you, I have used the same thing and i have had the side effects , orbital fat loss and got the sunken eyes .now i want to fix this problem i would say this stuff is not worth it. for review and images you can see in my profile , i wish you all the best .

12 months later

It's almost 12 months since I stopped using latisse. I think the colour has progressively gotten darker. The pigment must also be continuing to react to light
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Your eye color is exactly the same. There is no change- at least the photos show no change. I believe this may be in your head and I am trying to encourage you that you still do have very green eyes. They are not grey at all.
I think you may need to calibrate the colors on your monitor. The change is very obvious on all three of my devices. Suggesting to Blossoms that it is "all in her head" is not helpful, nor is your assumption that you are right, she is wrong. The color change in her eyes has obviously been traumatic for her, as it would be for most anyone, and lumigan is known to cause exactly what she describes and her pictures document.