Latisse - Lumigan 3% Generic for Latisse -Brisbane, AU

I got lumigan 3 percent (same as Latisse) to help...

I got lumigan 3 percent (same as Latisse) to help my lashes recover from extensions. I used one tiny drop in the lid and used a fine eyeliner brush to apply it at the base of upper lashes only. I used it 3 times a week for 6 weeks. After 5 weeks, I noticed a red purplish tinge along the lash line. So, I decided I did not need the stress of possible side effects and threw it out. About a week after throwing it out, I noticed that my eyes were darker. The bright aqua blue was gone and my eyes has turned from a light blue green to a dark grey, slate green/blue colour. (refer to uploaded pics) This occurred after approximately 23 applications with the tiniest drop. An ophthalmologist has told me since, that whatever is put around the eye will actually also get into the eye. Yes, I did notice no eyelash loss in that time and some growth but so not worth it. Upon further research of this product, I discovered that you can also experience orbital fat loss and get sunken eyes. Google - lumigan orbital atrophy (images). I believe that if you are using this product without side affect, at some point, you are likely to experience a colour change or sunken eyes. I have a friend who has been using it for glaucoma. It was after five years of use that she noticed a gold ring around the iris of her blue eyes. Most of the literature is suggesting that this happens with long term use. Well, it happened to me with minimal product use in a very short amount of time and it changed my iris colour. (Refer to pics) I am devastated. The colour change is permanent. However, the orbital fat and eyelid discolouration is not permanent and can correct over time.I would encourage anyone using this product to please consider ceasing, as you may become another Latisse casualty. I am not naming the Doctor who gave me the script, as I persuaded and convinced him to give it to me, to help me recover from eyelash damage from extensions. Yes, he really should have refused to give it to me but I was very convincing in my plea for it. I have six appointments with a psychologist in the New Year, to help me recover from all my cosmetic disasters. Please - be careful what you wish for. I did not realise I had such pretty eyes until I wrecked them. I did not realise that I had quite good natural lashes until I used a product that to improve them that then changed my eye colour for the worse. Also, I did not realise I had good skin until (in the hands of bad therapist) I wrecked it. I did not realise I had nice lips until (in the hands of bad cosmetic tatooist) I wrecked them. Despite other people actual wrecking them, the fact is that I did not need to attempt to improve or enhance anything I had naturally and in the process I have wrecked my self with permanent damage and unwanted changes. So, I conclude again with - Be careful what you wish for!

Latisse changed my eye colour

My eyes continued to darken even after ceasing lumigan. This is after about 8 weeks of stopping

Update

The redness and purple along the lash line seems to be almost gone compared to what it was. So that's at approx 8 weeks after stopping. I've done a lot research and I honestly believe that if you are using this and don't have side affect at some stage it will with longer use. It can start to grow hairs inside the eyelids and tear ducts, it can stain the whites of the iris and affect your ocular pressure and not to forget the sunken eyes from orbital fat loss. I have no reversing of iris colour this is likely to be permanent. However, I have a small glimmer of hope, as one lady who used it for glaucoma said that after three or more years of not using it her eyes seemed to return to their original colour of bright light green instead of dark ate green from Lumigam. Remember Latisse is Lumigan. Also, ever see Claire Danes spraining the product laty or personally raving about it? No. I would not be surprised if she ended up with issues from it but has to stay hush hush because of the contact she would have made with Latisse.

Update

Sorry just wrote an update above. Was supposed to say - ever recently seen Claire Danes promoting the product, not spraining.

Recent pic

Still dark.

The change updated

This is another before pic and after pic taken at 2.5 months after stopping. Anyone had any experience with the Isis iris lightening kit? If yes, please share.

Darkened iris

Colour at three months - no change. My work does new staff head shots every year, same photographer and lighting. I am waiting for the new photos to do a before and after shot that will show the change with when there is definitely no light variation or photographic differences. I'm not looking forward to seeing the new photo with my new ugly eye colour :(

Blue eyes turned dark green

Latisse really need to be more specific in their side effects. It doesn't turn blue eyes brown. It turns them dark green and dark navy slate. This can happen in a very short amount if time with minimal use and to lash line only. There are more reports of this happening to blue eyes, not reports of turning brown but darkening to dark green hazel and very dark greys. The doctors on here saying it can't really happen when you just put it on the lash line are lying and misleading.

Dark grey eyes

They are really quite a dark grey green now. My limball ring used to be a bright blue. Latisse has MADD it thicker and really dark grey almost black. I hate looking at the mirror. It's made me look so dull. The colour is really unflattering compared to my real colour and I'm stuck with it. I hate latisse. You can't even contact them in their website to advise them of what happened - dodgy

Eyes keep darkening

At nearly 3 months after stopping lumigan, my eyes keep darkening.

Very dark

Before and after 3 months since stopping

Before

Before - light blue
After - dark get green/hazel

Before and after latisse

Sorry but my before eyes were good. The after is dark grey and dull

After latisse

Dark get eyes

My eyes continued to darken even months after stopping latisse. It is a shame that the side effects information dies not state that, it can darken blue and green eyes into a very dark grey (not brown) and it can happen quickly and us irreversible. I emailed Allegan to advise then of what happened to me and they don't even reply

Very depressed 4 months after stopping

This is the most depressing thing I could have ever done to myself. And what's worse is it's not like dying your hair a bad colour and damaging it, or getting a real bad hair cut. Sure that's depressing but at least you know there will be light at the end if the tunnel and it will grow and eventually come back. It's just so weird looking in the mirror at different eyes that are not that flattering to my hair and complexion as my natural colour. I go to do my eye make up and it just looks do different. I barely go out anymore and dread weekdays when I have to face the mirror to put make up in for work.

Worst product ever!!

The psychological damage of this product going wrong has been enormous for me. It's very gloomy when when you have to face the mirror and see that your once bright eyes are dark grey and dull. Even changing my make up colours has not helped. The red purple line along the lash has finally totally gone. So that took about 4 months to correct itself. No change in the iris, if anything it has continued to darken over.

No change

Iris is still dark 4,5 months latee

5 mths no changes

Eyes are still grey. I just pray they will one day return. I urge anyone considering using latisse to not. If you are using it cease immediately.

Dark grey

This is how dark they look in the shade or low light

Dark grey after brief use of latisse.

Hard to believe it did this in such a short time. I am so depressed. This is likely to be permanent. Can't believe latisse alludes to this only occurring in eyes that already have brown pigment when it is actually light blue green eyes that are most at risk of colour change.

Sunken eyes

I got fat loss from the eyes too.

You're still beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experience with us all. You may have saved many people a lot of money and pain. I believe we should be happy with what we have instead of trying to make ourselves perfect and really weigh the side effects of any cosmetic procedure. Also, look into natural oils like tea tree and rosehip oils. They really can help enhance your health and beauty instead of altering what you were born with. Best of luck.
I am very skeptical about using this product now...
I am so sorry to hear that this has happened and I also would be devastated. It is a shame that both Doctors and the Company denies that this is a side effect which occurs more often than they want us make believe. I myself got purple upper eyelids from Latisse despite using it sparsely and only every alternate day. It has not reversed since I stopped applying it (more than a year ago). The purple seems to be permanent in my case. But the doctors say it cannot be from Latisse.
Sorry to hear about bother bad latisse experience. I had a purple line that lasted a while. Mine has almost faded out. 4 months later. Try a little honey or aloe on the lid. I think that your eye lids will eventually fade. I think long term users who have noticed no side effects will one day wake up and notice orbital fat loss and sucken eyes.
I think your eyes look fine in both shades. Sorry this happened to you but I heard/read loud and clear that iris color changes can happen and are not reversible way back when this product first launched, which is why I never tried it. Not quite sure how you missed that.
Hi I am very stupid for trying it when this was stated as a rare side effect. The literature angled towards it happening in eyes that have brown pigment. As my eyes don't, I thought it would be ok to use it for a couple of months. They need to say that it can make eyes turn a darker shade of blue or green and into dark greys.
I heard from my doctor that it was actually light eyes that were the most at risk. Blue, green, etc… shame people are being told different things. Again, very sorry this happened to you.
Hi, yes I agree. That is not what latisse literature alludes to. They need to tell the truth but the pharmaceutical industry and some doctors are after fast cash.
Thanks for your post. I had just started using Latisse a week ago. My lashes aren't sparse but often us women are looking for beautifying improvements, sometimes even when it isn't necessary. For me it isn't necessary, and thanks to your post, I have stopped using it immediately.
Hi I'm so glad that I can help people, as my mistake has left me so depressed.
looks like you may be in luck... http://www.medicaldaily.com/brown-eyes-turn-blue-new-laser-procedure-may-permanently-change-eye-color-video-245514
I am so sorry for you! I have green eyes, but they look gray with wrong makeup or certain colors clothes, and I would be devastated if I'd be stuck with gray. And I'm writing to say thank You, because I was considering Lattisse, but now I'd rather research natural remedies.
I was going to mention that your eyes look good, but I see many people have already done that. It's interesting to learn how frightening the potential for having remotely brownish eyes is for people. I was born with brown and, not only am I still alive, but I am a model and managed to wrangle a handsome husband... somehow... even with brown eyes. Imagine that. I think you'll be okay.
Brown eyes are incredibly beautiful!! I had no brown in my eyes. They were a very bright pretty blue green. Now they are very grey, dark and dull. I would probably have preferred if they turned to a warm brown. It's the dark get that is dull and unflattering to my complexion and hair colour
Aww - they're not murky!! I am so sorry that they've changed for you. It's awful and I'm sure you're sick about it, but I just want to tell you that they are still very beautiful. Hopefully they can find a way to undo what Latisse has done, but until then – know that they're still very beautiful! (and I am not one to BS anybody).
Hey Blossoms: Your gray eye color now is still very beautiful. BUT, I know I would be pissed if my blue-green color changed. Maybellineo
There is something you can do. Get 100% pure clover honey. Boil some water in a shot glass and add a teaspoon off honey and dissolve. Let it cool in the fridge and pour into a clean and sterile eyedrop bottle. Put two drops in your eyes 1-2 times a day. Honey has a natural peroxide which is safe for use. It will help lighten out the grey. Store the eye drops in your fridge.
I have the same color as you do. I am so glad I didn't use this. Maybellineo
Hi Maybellineo, I'm so glad to have been able to help you not use it. There are quite a few other woman on other sites saying that it did this to their blue green eyes and very quickly. Latisse warnings say the cour change happens whe. There is brown pigment in eyes. Well there was no brown pigment anywhere is my blue green eyes. They are now dark blue green/hazelish colour. Latisse website only has bright blue eyed models advertising their product. They need to change the wording of their side effects. I hate myself for doing what I did to my once pretty eye colour now a murky dark blue green hazel :(
(I just replied to your comment on my review, but figured I should read yours too!) I'm so sorry that your eyes have changed color... I took a look at all of your pics and did notice the color change. If only it worked in the opposite direction and would take my dark brown eyes and make them blue! Anyway, I must say that your eyes are still beautiful despite the color change. Of course, that's easy for me to say - but, I really do mean it. Maybe the brown pigmentation will fade? I know they say "it may be permanent" but, they also said that about the pigmentation on the lids - and that faded for you - they didn't said it WILL be permanent... Positive thoughts! I also have the red/purplish line on my lids where I apply it! I hate it. It makes me look like I am sick when I don't have any cover-up on it. I am glad to hear that does fade. This stuff has had an amazing effect on my lashes... but, that whole fat loss thing you mentioned scares the life out of me!!! I don't want sunken eyeballs! Thank you for your review!
Hi thanks for your positive encouragement. The eyelid discolouration they say is reversible with time but the iris pigment change is permanent :(
It's been approx 3 months since I stopped. Purple/red line on upper eyelid has more or less gone. My iris is still dark and seems to have gotten darker. I would almost say it's a dark green, can't see the aqua blue anymore. Seem a little hazelish. I went to Matisse website. They have about four models on the page advertising the product and they all have bright blue eyes. How terrible. It's almost like they just don't care and convincing people through their advertising that it's great for blue eyes. Not one of the models has brown or hazel eyes.
What is the iris lightening kit?  That sounds risky.
Oh come on! My grandma used since I nknow her glaucoima medicine travatan ,it's like lumigan! I didn't notice her having neither sunken eyes ,neither changed eye colour! But I didn't notice her lashes coz maybe I didn't pay attention! But I am pritty sure she looks okay! She told me though she would never advice me to use meds to look better ,it's crap!It can have side effect on healthy person maybe because ur changing the ocular preassure!But golden rings and changed colour ,thats just can't be true!
I really wish it was not true. But, Yes it is very true. I would not put false or misleading information in this site.