Latisse - Lumigan 3% Generic for Latisse -Brisbane, AU

I got lumigan 3 percent (same as Latisse) to help...

I got lumigan 3 percent (same as Latisse) to help my lashes recover from extensions. I used one tiny drop in the lid and used a fine eyeliner brush to apply it at the base of upper lashes only. I used it 3 times a week for 6 weeks. After 5 weeks, I noticed a red purplish tinge along the lash line. So, I decided I did not need the stress of possible side effects and threw it out. About a week after throwing it out, I noticed that my eyes were darker. The bright aqua blue was gone and my eyes has turned from a light blue green to a dark grey, slate green/blue colour. (refer to uploaded pics) This occurred after approximately 23 applications with the tiniest drop. An ophthalmologist has told me since, that whatever is put around the eye will actually also get into the eye. Yes, I did notice no eyelash loss in that time and some growth but so not worth it. Upon further research of this product, I discovered that you can also experience orbital fat loss and get sunken eyes. Google - lumigan orbital atrophy (images). I believe that if you are using this product without side affect, at some point, you are likely to experience a colour change or sunken eyes. I have a friend who has been using it for glaucoma. It was after five years of use that she noticed a gold ring around the iris of her blue eyes. Most of the literature is suggesting that this happens with long term use. Well, it happened to me with minimal product use in a very short amount of time and it changed my iris colour. (Refer to pics) I am devastated. The colour change is permanent. However, the orbital fat and eyelid discolouration is not permanent and can correct over time.I would encourage anyone using this product to please consider ceasing, as you may become another Latisse casualty. I am not naming the Doctor who gave me the script, as I persuaded and convinced him to give it to me, to help me recover from eyelash damage from extensions. Yes, he really should have refused to give it to me but I was very convincing in my plea for it. I have six appointments with a psychologist in the New Year, to help me recover from all my cosmetic disasters. Please - be careful what you wish for. I did not realise I had such pretty eyes until I wrecked them. I did not realise that I had quite good natural lashes until I used a product that to improve them that then changed my eye colour for the worse. Also, I did not realise I had good skin until (in the hands of bad therapist) I wrecked it. I did not realise I had nice lips until (in the hands of bad cosmetic tatooist) I wrecked them. Despite other people actual wrecking them, the fact is that I did not need to attempt to improve or enhance anything I had naturally and in the process I have wrecked my self with permanent damage and unwanted changes. So, I conclude again with - Be careful what you wish for!

Latisse changed my eye colour

My eyes continued to darken even after ceasing lumigan. This is after about 8 weeks of stopping

Update

The redness and purple along the lash line seems to be almost gone compared to what it was. So that's at approx 8 weeks after stopping. I've done a lot research and I honestly believe that if you are using this and don't have side affect at some stage it will with longer use. It can start to grow hairs inside the eyelids and tear ducts, it can stain the whites of the iris and affect your ocular pressure and not to forget the sunken eyes from orbital fat loss. I have no reversing of iris colour this is likely to be permanent. However, I have a small glimmer of hope, as one lady who used it for glaucoma said that after three or more years of not using it her eyes seemed to return to their original colour of bright light green instead of dark ate green from Lumigam. Remember Latisse is Lumigan. Also, ever see Claire Danes spraining the product laty or personally raving about it? No. I would not be surprised if she ended up with issues from it but has to stay hush hush because of the contact she would have made with Latisse.

Update

Sorry just wrote an update above. Was supposed to say - ever recently seen Claire Danes promoting the product, not spraining.

Recent pic

Still dark.

The change updated

This is another before pic and after pic taken at 2.5 months after stopping. Anyone had any experience with the Isis iris lightening kit? If yes, please share.

Darkened iris

Colour at three months - no change. My work does new staff head shots every year, same photographer and lighting. I am waiting for the new photos to do a before and after shot that will show the change with when there is definitely no light variation or photographic differences. I'm not looking forward to seeing the new photo with my new ugly eye colour :(

Blue eyes turned dark green

Latisse really need to be more specific in their side effects. It doesn't turn blue eyes brown. It turns them dark green and dark navy slate. This can happen in a very short amount if time with minimal use and to lash line only. There are more reports of this happening to blue eyes, not reports of turning brown but darkening to dark green hazel and very dark greys. The doctors on here saying it can't really happen when you just put it on the lash line are lying and misleading.

Dark grey eyes

They are really quite a dark grey green now. My limball ring used to be a bright blue. Latisse has MADD it thicker and really dark grey almost black. I hate looking at the mirror. It's made me look so dull. The colour is really unflattering compared to my real colour and I'm stuck with it. I hate latisse. You can't even contact them in their website to advise them of what happened - dodgy

Eyes keep darkening

At nearly 3 months after stopping lumigan, my eyes keep darkening.

Very dark

Before and after 3 months since stopping

Before

Before - light blue
After - dark get green/hazel

Before and after latisse

Sorry but my before eyes were good. The after is dark grey and dull

After latisse

Dark get eyes

My eyes continued to darken even months after stopping latisse. It is a shame that the side effects information dies not state that, it can darken blue and green eyes into a very dark grey (not brown) and it can happen quickly and us irreversible. I emailed Allegan to advise then of what happened to me and they don't even reply

Very depressed 4 months after stopping

This is the most depressing thing I could have ever done to myself. And what's worse is it's not like dying your hair a bad colour and damaging it, or getting a real bad hair cut. Sure that's depressing but at least you know there will be light at the end if the tunnel and it will grow and eventually come back. It's just so weird looking in the mirror at different eyes that are not that flattering to my hair and complexion as my natural colour. I go to do my eye make up and it just looks do different. I barely go out anymore and dread weekdays when I have to face the mirror to put make up in for work.

Worst product ever!!

The psychological damage of this product going wrong has been enormous for me. It's very gloomy when when you have to face the mirror and see that your once bright eyes are dark grey and dull. Even changing my make up colours has not helped. The red purple line along the lash has finally totally gone. So that took about 4 months to correct itself. No change in the iris, if anything it has continued to darken over.

No change

Iris is still dark 4,5 months latee

5 mths no changes

Eyes are still grey. I just pray they will one day return. I urge anyone considering using latisse to not. If you are using it cease immediately.

Dark grey

This is how dark they look in the shade or low light

Dark grey after brief use of latisse.

Hard to believe it did this in such a short time. I am so depressed. This is likely to be permanent. Can't believe latisse alludes to this only occurring in eyes that already have brown pigment when it is actually light blue green eyes that are most at risk of colour change.

Sunken eyes

I got fat loss from the eyes too.

Latisse update - 5 mths

It's been 5 months. I keep waking up in the mornings hoping that they will have lightened back but they kind of seem to darken :(

6 months later

It has been six months since I stopped. I would now describe my eye colour as grey and dark grey. I see no blue greens anymore. They are doing the iris lightening with laser in Spain. This is the same as what Stroma are trying to get approved. I doubt it will ever be approved. The possible negative side effect risks listed in the agreement forms in Spain sound horrendous. They range from the iris inflammation ( which can be treated) eye hemorage (not sure how long that takes to heal) permanently displayed pupil that no longer responds to light and some other stuff about things attaching to the cornea. The pupil dilation and the hemorage would be a very depressing and distressing if it happened. So, I doubt anyone will agree to try this procedure, except people in the trials from poor countries who were paid to

8 months later

I hope my review and others who experienced eye colour change and sunken eyes have started to put latisse out of business.

Thanks for sharing your review. The fat atrophy isn't always reversible - it wasn't in my case. When it develops gradually over extended use (2 years in my case), it may turn out to be permanent.
I am so sorry that happened to you, I have used the same thing and i have had the side effects , orbital fat loss and got the sunken eyes .now i want to fix this problem i would say this stuff is not worth it. for review and images you can see in my profile , i wish you all the best .
My eyes are still sunken, very much similar to yours from your pictures. Did you also find that you lost some fat under the eye as well? Mine hadn't changed and it's been 9onths since I stopped using it. My iris is still darker too. I read a lot that said the fat loss will probably reverse but mine hasn't yet. Evil product.
I was planning on purchasing Latisse on Monday, but thought I should do some research first. I am so glad I did. A change in my green eyes would have been devastating, but I thought it only happened in a few cases. But, your statements about other medical side effects is even more worrisome. I have had problems with my vision due to diabetes and my pupils do not react to light as they should. I know you are bothered by the change in your eye color, but your eyes really are still beautiful. Thank you so much for the info you have shared. You not only saved my green eyes, but saved my vision as well.
I was strongly considering trying Latisse, but am so glad I read your story. I had heard that it might darken your eyes, but in very few cases. I had never heard that it can actually damage your eyes. I have had problems with my eyes due to diabetes and already have trouble with my pupils responding to light. Thank you so much for this info. I am sorry about the change in your eye color, but I think your eyes are still beautiful.
Hello Blossom, I posted what follows in a forum and someone suggested I should copy it here in the reviews in case it is helpful to anyone. I am sorry for your experience; eyes are so very personal that to have them altered without our will is very traumatic and invasive. Your idea to have custom contacts made based on previous photographs is the best one (if you do find this too hard to live with). BrightOcular is a procedure no credible ophthalmologist would recommend. It is medically high risk with reported shady business practices. Personally, I think they also look incredibly fake and ridiculous (see photos n their own website). Anyhow, best wishes to you, Blossom... MD here. There are many well-documented examples of iris hyperpigmentation following instillation of bimatoprost and other prostaglandin analogues. Prostaglandins increase melanosomes within the melanocytes, the mechanism of action which darkens lashes and eyelids, as well as the iris. The majority of clinical trials involve direct administration to the eye, which is not the method of administration for Latisse, meaning the incidence of adverse effects may be lower or slower; however, we know from the Latisse safety trials that bimatoprost does enter the eye even when applied to the margins, as measured by reduced intraocular pressure. A possible cofounder in the small Latisse adverse reaction study is that the relatively small cohort was comprised mainly of brown-eyed persons; when prostaglandin inhibitors have been studied in Nordic regions in persons with predominantly blue eyes (in particular, blue/green eyes), the rates of iris hyperpigmentation have been much higher. In 2009, the FDA forced Allergan to insert a warning in the patient insert regarding iris and lid hyperpigmentation. I am behind a university paywall, so I'm not sure if you can access all of these articles with photographs: [seriously? No links allowed? Readers, search Medsearch or Google for "prostaglandin iris" and "bimatoprost iris" (remove quotes)] There is little incentive for anyone to launch a post-marketing clinical trial for Latisse, as the adverse effects are already so well known and documented by Allergan in the package insert. Be cautious not to discount post-marketing data. After all, Vioxx and Avandia passed FDA trials with flying colors, and the heart attacks came only after millions of patients were exposed over time. Be cautious, folks, you only have one body. Best wishes, S. Wasserman, MPH, MD
It's any one geting bad skin on arms as we'll
No but it would not surprise me. Even if you have not had eye colour change or eye fat loss, it is still making it into your system and therefore a potential systemic problem. Prostaglandin analog is a hormone, so I think that there could be any number of side effects from it b
Hello Blossom! Thank you for sharing your story. I wasn't seriously considering Latisse yet, but I was curious about it and I happened to stumble across this page. Now I'm really glad that I've read about these side effects, because they certainly have diminished any interest I ever had in trying the product. I was wondering about your initial reason for using Latisse- you said it was to help your lashes recover from extensions? I wondered if you'd be able to elaborate on this a little. I actually have been thinking about getting lash extensions at some point, but now I'm concerned as to whether this is something else I should avoid. At the very least, I'm wondering what kind of effects you had from lash extensions, and whether you'd recommend trying them or avoiding them all together. Your story reminded me of a thread I read on another forum months ago, about a method of using a natural honey solution to gradually lighten eyes over time. It was an interesting notion and the girls seemed to be happy with their success, so I looked the thread up and found it again. I have never tried this method personally (and I don't plan to anyways, since I never had the intention of changing my eye color) so I can't speak on how effective it is on blue eyes. I suppose it might range from person to person. In any case, I thought I'd mention it here in case you wanted to read it. I can't post links, but if you just Google "Nexus honey eyes", it's the first result that comes up. The post is called "How to Lighten Your Eye Color Naturally". There was also a trademarked treatment that I came across called "BrightOcular," (you can Google it to find their website) which apparently is a way of permanently altering your eye color with an iris implant. (Obviously, this has to be done professionally). The patient photos on the website were really dramatic, since most people began with very dark brown eyes and changed them to sea green, sky blue, honey amber, etc. You mentioned getting hand-painted color contact, lenses, and this would definitely be a way bigger step than doing that, but if you wanted to see it, here's a link for that too. (Again, I have absolutely no personal experience with this either, it's just something else I found online that looked interesting.) I'm really sorry you've had such a bad experience with Latisse, and thanks again for sharing your story and your pictures. Have you seen any changes or improvements in your eye color since the last time you posted? Has your ophthalmologist weighed in on what's happened or offered any advice? Good luck to you, I really hope eventually you'll be able to get back to your original color! That being said, at least the color change is still very pretty, even if it isn't what you're used to. But I can only imagine how difficult it must be to have such an unexpected and undesired change. Best wishes!
Hi Lexi D, you are right. I agree with everything you said.
Your eyes look just fine. Can't understand how someone who's so messed up about using eye drops and have 'such disturbing' side effects would ever consider to have the iris lighten in Spain. Girl, you need a life. People are born with grey eyes/ black or dark color. What's wrong with that? You spend so much time to post all this stuff in here, just be happy you can see. Imagine in few years you'll lose your sight because of these drops. That's a reason to cry about. Your iris a slightly darker...pffff...big deal!!!
What bothers me is the very low resolution of the "After" pictures. In the before pics, I see an obvious red/purple line above the eyelid, which is what people get AFTER Latisse. Yet in the "after" pic, where the eyes are more greyish green, there is no purple line and the resolution is so poor that we can't really examine the iris. I aam not doubting you, but this just isnt great visual evidence. As a scientist, I would not accept it in the lab without better images, that's all.
Hi all, I read most of the posts. I used Latisse every day for nearly nine months and saw my lashes grow long yet they never did get thicker. Writing now to share that I did experience a concave-hollow depression under my eyes. Mortified. I have since spent quite a bit of money every five months getting filler injections. Not sure if under my eyes will ever be the same. Of course, I got off the Latisse and despite missing the long lashes I will NEVER use it again. Also, my eye sight is not as good as it was prior to using Latisse. Long lashes while pretty, with Latisse, the consequences for many are just not worth it! It does appear that each person responds differently. You may do well with it and incur no side effects. Or....? Disheartening that not one doctor that I have spoke with will confirm that what happened under my eyes is from latisse. Before Latisse no hollowness under the eye. After Latisse, striking depressions under each eye. Maddening-do be careful. Make peace with your lashes and invest in a good mascara. Cheers and light to all...
Hi so sorry to hear of another latisse casualty. I was mortified too, when I discovered after only 8 weeks of using it twice a week that my eyes had changed colour. I also noticed some sinking of my eyes. I think it has improved though. I'm confident that in time, yours may recover. Since my incident , I've swing completely the other way and don't even wear mascara during the day anymore. I try to avoid the mirror as much as I can because it shocks me every time I see my new permanent gray eyes. I'm going to get custom made hand painted contacts to try match my original colour. They can work off old pics if my eyes.
Hey Blossoms, Darling you -I'm sure I'd be freaked out if my eye colour changed yet I must say gray eyes-exotic! Really does sound beautiful and extraordinary. Yet-all that matters is what makes you feel good. Thanks for letting me know you have seen improvement under the eyes. A warm hug for you Blossoms... LH
Hi thanks for the compliment. I also read some medical studies that followed people using it for glucoma. All cases either fully recovered or mostly recovered from the periorbital fat loss. So I think yours will improve and probably fully recover in time. I'd encourage increasing the good fats - fish oil, flaxseed pile, coconut oil.
Thanks honey, I'm good with the flaxseed oil yet will up the dose and add fish and coconut to the mix. Keep me posted on how your doing and if you opt for the coloured lens. Really the colour you describe does sound striking! Keep in touch...
If you go to latisse reviews you will see mine, with some before pics and a lot of after pics.
That's what I was going to suggest if your true color didn't come back. Maybellineo
Your photos are incredibly misleading. That iPhone screenshot, in particular. Your eyebrow is orange, yellow and PINK! Obviously the color saturation in that photo is not natural, therefore it's of no use as a comparison. Have you ever seen an ebay or craigslist ad where the seller put a dollar bill next to the item for sale? That's because there's no way to tell how big something is in a photo unless a scale is provided. Everyone knows the size of a dollar bill, so through that contrast, the actual size of the item is clear. Same goes for color. You need a context, or a scale. If you really do want to help people with your story, then use proof. I suggest you find a before picture with something recognizable in the background, for instance, a colored wall. Then go back to that same exact wall and take after pictures under varying light conditions until the color of the wall appears the same in both pictures. THAT is proof.
Izzi23 With all due respect, why does she need such proof? She is trying to help others and if u don't want to believe that this can happen, ignore the warning and use latisse. There are numerous studies with plenty of pictures and ophthalmologists acknowledging periorbital fatloss for you to read for your "proof." Rather than trying to attack the people that this has happened to and have had their self esteem and self appearance altered because of an unlisted side effect. Blossoms, How are you doing as far as the fat loss goes? I am hopeful you will make a full recovery :)
Hi Izzi23 I wish thus was all false. It is not kissable for a before and after shot as you describe, as my eyes have permanently changed colour. I have shared my experience to help people. I am sorry you think this is a hoax.
Sorry for iPhone typos lol. It's not possible not kissable lol. Thank you L86 for your support. The fat loss should heal in time. Im not so worried about that one as there is hope and I stopped in time before further feeling of the upper lid. It's my eye colour change that I will never recover from. If inky latisse said this can happen when used only a few times. Would have saved a lot if us who latisse leads to believe that it us cullmative over long term and only if you put it directly in your eye.
I agree , my friend has beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes, after using latisse, she now has grey eyes. very strange. Thanks for the review, even though I have brown eyes, I like my color and will never ever try latisse because of the many bad reviews and feedback I hear, word of mouth is everything.