Explant with Lift and No Replacement - Brisbane, AU

I everyone. I'm 42 years old, 72kgs and 172cm tall...

I everyone. I'm 42 years old, 72kgs and 172cm tall (I think). I have been searching online but can't find many cases where people explanted and didn't replace, so I decided to put my story up. I had my silicone under the muscle, 350cc's done about 13 years ago now. My PS in Brisbane has insisted on a scan to make sure there is no rupture and no CC, but luckily everything looks fine. There is some natural droop and the PS has recommended a lift with the explant. He says I have enough of my own tissue to create a good result. I'm booked in for next week.

I'm not one of those people who believes my implants have made me sick, in fact I have enjoyed them for many years. When I got my implants I had breastfed two children and my boobs had shrunk to nothing, which was upsetting. But now 13 years have passed and I feel it's time for them to go while I am still 'young' enough for my skin to recover. Also I have put on about 10kgs since the original op, and my boobs just seem too big and attention-grabbing for my age. I find it difficult to wear elegant clothes and I feel like the boobs are just too big and silly-looking for me now. I wear a 38 DD minimiser, or thereabouts, depending on brand.

I have an awesome husband who supports my decision, although I think he also likes them big he understands my decision.

My other problem with them is that my left implant seems to be riding very high and with natural sag, I now have a sort of lump on my left side - it looks like I have a big pec muscle, but it's the implant stuck there! My own breast tissue is hanging down a bit, creating a 'bread loaf' effect...And they are also becoming slightly uneven, because the right one is creeping under my arm!

I know my boobs aren't too bad looking, actually I still quite like them but I think the time is right for the implants to go. My fear is that I have a bad result (and mess them up completely), especially because I like my nipples and they will obviously look different afterwards.

Wish me luck ladies! I'll put some photos up now.

So many questions

Well I don't know if anyone is even reading this but I have so many questions/concerns. I'm just going to list them because I'm a bit OCD, lol.

- I hope my scarring isn't too bad! I wonder about the best creams/oils and silicone strips I've read about on here...? Any tips?
- What does a capsule look like and why would a PS leave it in? Is it difficult to remove?
- I wonder if I'm going to have big empty pockets that are noticeable on my neckline in t-shirts? I wonder if I will have wrinkles and an 'old lady' chest.
- I'm doing a course by correspondence and it's quite intense. I'll have to do about 5 hours a day of homework (every day) and I'm worried that my head will be too fuzzy and I'll fall behind.
-What do I say to my teenage son? It was one thing having them done when he was a toddler & he didn't know what was happening, 0_0 now I feel stupid.
- I haven't told my family except my husband, because I hate fuss. I wonder who will notice?

Ok that's all.

Couple more photos

Today the girls look very droopy - haha good! At least I won't back out of my op scheduled for Tuesday!

It's tomorrow afternoon!

I wondered if anyone else can tell me if this is normal - I need to be at the clinic at 12 midday, to be operated on at 1pm. They reckon I will be sent home by 5pm. It sounds so quick! Is that what happens in other countries?
I also cannot eat after 7am, but I can have water or black tea until 9.30am.
I tend to get very nauseous with anaesthetic, so I'm definitely not going to eat anything - also I'll be asking for anti-nausea meds.
I thought it was probably the right thing to do, so I told my brother that I am getting my implants out tomorrow and he said I should rather go with smaller ones than nothing!! I said NO! They are gone, thanks! Fun times.

Nervous anticipation

I've done all my paperwork, filled the fridge with food, washed all the washing ironed (only my share, haha) and put clean linen on the bed, had my hair coloured, cut & blow dried today - what's next?

It reminds me of the night before I gave birth to my daughter, I went out in the yard and washed my husband's car inside & out at 9pm. Nesting, or something??

24 hours after op

Hi ladies - I'm a bit tired to post a full review but uploading a couple of pics now. Waking up from the op was horrible, but I had no nausea. Just a very heavy feeling on my chest! My hubby had been fantastic :) :) :) doing everything for me. I didn't sleep much but not due to discomfort, I just wasn't tired! At the moment not too sore & I did have a careful hip bath earlier. Chat more later. Thinking of the ladies going in today (((hugs)))

So I had my post op

I was so happy to get the yucky bandage off! 3,5 days in this Brisbane heat was enough for me. Also I had accidentally got things a bit wet in the bath and it was all sticky. Anyway! I saw my boobs and they look good! I don't know what I was expecting but they seem cute, perky and best of all even! It will be a few weeks until side swelling goes down and my nipples look 100% right, but so far I like! The nurse didn't clean any of the sticky off my back or sides, or the marker, so my husband did it when I got home. They also told me to buy some surgical tape stuff (they don't use steri-strips!) and gave me a size L little tank top to wear (that I was billed $40 for) hmmm. Now I still don't know what size I am...they say I can wear anything as long as there's no underwire (!)The nurse asked me what size implant I got. Sigh. I told her again. No implants in there ;)' I asked about vitamins & oils and she said we would discuss at 6 weeks...am not so sure I want to wait that long.

Bruising day 5

Freaking out slightly

Ok so today we took off my dressings and cleaned everything with a little Dettol in boiled water (didn't get any instructions on this so I guessed). I took some photos but of course I'm a bit worried because they look ugly ugly ugly with the cuts!! I hope like hell this heals ok. To give my DH credit, he didn't even flinch, he just says they will be fine in about 6 months! I hope so :(

Photos - not for the squeamish :D

More photos

Are those pie-crust scars?

Anyone? They look awful but I have seen too many success stories to panic after 9 days. Time will tell. For now I have a great profile in clothes, minimal pain, no more bruising and I can even sleep on my side. Not much tiredness any more either. I know they are 'boxy' but I always had breasts pointing East & West anyway, to my irritation. The PS explained that the boxiness corrects over time, so that doesn't worry me much. My husband did say 'Wow dis he have to make such long cuts underneath!?' Hmmmmm

Tried on an 'old' bra

This is a 36E I bought just a couple of months back (waste of $$). It's not as loose as I'd hoped, but does give me an indication of the volume I've lost :D :D :D

2 week photos

Actually it's day 17 but I'll call it 2 weeks, because I was told to change dressings every Friday. I think they look a little better. My husband says I still have some yellow bruising under/around the right side. All in all I feel good, just that it's only really comfortable to sleep on my back. I hope & believe I'll see a big improvement in the scars over time. Still no creams or massage, only dettol wash & sticky gauze happening. No more painkillers necessary. I love that I'm smaller! :-)

One month photos

Well - scars around the nipples aren't looking too bad but the others....hmmm very angry-looking still. I don't know if it's the camera angle but I hope they drop because I have a lot of side boob!

6 week photos

Well I have started using the Kel-cote silicone scar gel, I read good things about it so I hope it will work. Thought I'd upload some 6 week pics. I don't know what the pink mark is (next to nipple) and I forgot to ask. Looks like a stich but in a random place.

3 month pics

I'm happy with my shape, scars are still looking red!

10 month update

Hi ladies

Just wanted to post some update photos. The scars are still really not great, but I really love my shape. I haven't really bothered with creams or silicone since month 2, but I might soon.

Good luck everyone still in the process :)
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

5 days before - Dr Cheng has been careful so far and he comes highly recommended in Brisbane. He insisted on an ultrasound and two appointments before he agreed to my operation. He took his time during the appointments but so far I haven't had any other contact from his office (besides an automated text) so I would have liked a bit more communication, but I will update this after the operation has been completed. 1 day before - I must mention that my costs include the day surgery and the anaesthetist's fees. Medicare covers the explant and that portion of the time devoted to the explant - the $10k is my (out of pocket) share for the cosmetic maxopexy and all the above charges.