36 Year Old Single Mum of Three :) - Australia

Hi all :) I have decided to get a tummy tuck with...

Hi all :) I have decided to get a tummy tuck with muscle repair and hopefully hernia repair in August this year. Lucky for me I was accepted to get procedure through medicare which is exciting! I haven't told many as my close friends understand but others judge me. I work very hard to look after myself and I am not a big girl but have damage to my rectus muscles which has caused a hernia. When people find out without knowing the full story they can be quite rude. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyway I am excited and nervous! I have heard very positive things about my surgeon. I do worry about the post op time as it will be a struggle at home but I have 4 weeks off work. I am a nurse in mental health and sometimes my job is very challenging but I love it. I am really enjoying this site so far. Very lovely group x

questions...

I was pretty unprepared for my consults and looking back on the ones I had, I didn't even ask doc any questions. I guess when the time gets closer and I receive info in mail then I will know more. We didn't even talk about the hospital stay etc but I nursed someone in the past post tt. At this time I was brand spanking new and really had no clue. Poor girl was in horrible pain and had urine retention. Then I helped her with binder and had to redo as it wasnt on properly. Oh poor girl haha I hope I get a more experienced nurse than I was haha. Anyway there is about 6 weeks til my surgery. Can't believe how fast that time has gone. Watching a tt on rpa this yesterday made me excited and nervous!

Post Op weight training..

Something I forgot to ask surgeon was how long you need to wait before going back to gym and weight training. I realise it won't be directly after and I will have to be patient but I'm a gym junkie it scares me...

in the waiting room terrified!

This is it. No turning back now!

1 day post op

happy on the flat side :)

Stayed in hospital from friday til monday. Tonights been first night at home. A walking frame would have been a grand idea! Im finding walking really hurts my back so I can't wait to stand straight. I now see what others mean about kendoll crutch haha. 4 days post op!

battle between feeling better then over doing it...

Feeling much more comfortable 11 days post op. Still some pain but only because I think I am over doing it. Walking lot's! Got my honeycomb dressing and most of the belly button stitches were removed. Felt so weird! I am happy with result. My scar is fairly high but I have no regrets even though its been tough. Being a single mum but not being able to do much is hard! Omg finally showered yesterday! It was heaven. Used an outdoors chair and washed my festy hair. :)

some definite definition!

Im still swollen like crazy and the wound is massive and its been very hard but not once have I felt regret. I can picture how it will turn out ones swelling fades and I can start training again. I love my surgeon!

2 1/2 weeks post op

Very happy with this so far. Finding baths are really good to relax muscles.

first proper look at scar..

I can't believe it looks this good after only 3 weeks (1 day short of). I am still getting used to it but I love that I can sit without anything hanging and I'm relaxed not having to suck it all in! Been walking a lot. Bring on the weights I say!

3 weeks almost post op

First time removing tape in bath

almost 4 weeks post op pic

Very happy with my scar so far. Been walking so much and can't wait til I can weight train again.
Brighton Plastic Surgeon

My God, you are turning into a 'Hottie'. Magnificent figure now, you would have to be impressed at this early stage. I hope I can do as well after the big day tomorrow. Keep posting and I'll be following your progress with interest.
Lovely!
You look fabulous
Thanks sweetie
WOW!! You look Fab!!!! Your scars are so faint and thin,it looks a year post-op results. No Lie. Happy Healing you are the poster Girl for tt.
Aww thank you thats sweet :) I'm not keen on my navel and swelling but it will only improve. U look great too x
Yw! In time it'll be back to normal :) Thanks for compliment.
Looking Great!
Yw! :) Happy Tuesday!
Happy wednesday ;) lol
Another Aussi :) like tinka :) Yes,sorry Happy Wednesday!!! lol.
Hi, You have to be happy with the result, you look great. I was told that to get it done 'public' would be just about impossible, so good luck to you. I went through Medibank Private, and was told by them that I would have to provide a report from my GP and PS and submit them to an 'Internal Review Panel ' to see if they would even cover their procedure approval number. It took a week to get an approval number to say that the procedure was not cosmetic surgery. I get about $1000 back for the Surgeon, and all in-Hospital costs, and about $300 back for the Anesthetist, but I am still about $6000 out of pocket. I will keep checking on your progress, and mine is on the 18th Sept. Keep positive.
It was honestly so easy. I got a referral from gp. The surgeon checked my muscle separation and said it was quite bad therefore I am entitled to it through medicare. Only if you have kids though. Then less than two years later I was only about $100 out of pocket. Amazing!
Hi I had a breast reduction and TT 2 days before you, I am also in Melbourne and a nurse I'm feeling great and I think that resting as much as you can really helps you feel better faster. You were so lucky to get it on Medicare do you mind me asking how long you had to wait and were you had the surgery as I have a friend wanting it and she was told it would be at least a 5 year wait Good luck with your recovery, I have taken 8 weeks off work and I feel I need that I went shopping with hubby to day for the first time and felt every step I took I haven't driven yet
Hi :) I am in adelaide. I went to gp and got referral and few months later saw surgeon. I think it was about 2 years all up :)
Thanks, she might have to move to Adelaide haha
Well I think my surgeon is worth the travel :)
Your abs are FAB!
Already the transformation is amazing! Sending healing vibes your way. =)
Thank you :) I can't wait to recover fully but kind of enjoying the process. Thanks for your support x
You are welcome. Love the new pic, you look really great. I mean it!
I've been thinking of you - you did it!!! I hope you heal nice & quickly xx I'm 10 weeks post-op now & pretty much back to full intensity with Zumba. I did a 15 minute core class before Zumba on Wednesday. I managed really well, but I felt it the next day - ouch! I've done some light weights & on Monday I'm going back to high impact weights/sculpting/boxing. You'll bounce back really well, because you're in great shape! The first few weeks are full on, but they'll soon be a distant memory x