Ultherapy Done by a Skilled Plastic Surgeon Makes All the Difference in the World - Old Bridge, NJ

I am 48 years old and since the age of 41, have...

I am 48 years old and since the age of 41, have tried to stay ahead of the aging process. I've gone for fillers and Botox on a regular basis. However, I had started to see the beginning of a descending face that I knew needed a more intense intervention. I researched the heck out of the procedure and decided, that for me, having the plastic surgeon do the procedure was the only way to go.

I should also mention that I am a licensed esthetician who takes good care of her skin and stays out of the sun. I KNOW that this has helped me tremendously up until this point.

Enter Dr. Samra. One of the most pleasant , knowledgable and caring doctors who I have met. The day of the procedure, yesterday, I came with a list of questions and the doctor answered them truthfully and completely. He NEVER made me feel as if I were a bother and, in fact, just the opposite. He seemed interested in what I had to say and the session flew by. At times it was a little uncomfortable, but nothing I couldn't handle, although I did have quite a high pain tolerance, especially for the sake of beauty!!!

It's too soon to tell if I will get the results I want, but I DO know he used the highest settings and the appropriate transducers, and so I feel quite confident that I will be seeing good things in the near future. He exceeded my expectations on every level and I am forever grateful. Thank you Dr. Samra!!!

Five days after ultherapy and feeling good!!!

I had some slight swelling in my lower face which is slowly subsiding. I have just a tinge of yellow on the lower left side of my face, although I never had an actual bruise there. The lower face still feels tender, which I expect given how intense the procedure was!!! It is nothing that a little Tylenol can't take care of and, at this point, I am hopeful and would do it again in a heartbeat!!! The one thing I am thrilled about is the apparent lifting of my eyebrow. I had one side that was higher than the other, and so Dr. Samra treated the lower eyebrow and they are both equal now. AMAZING!!!

Day 6 photos not pretty

I've decided to post all my photos without makeup. This way, in a few months, I'll hopefully be able to see a result without anything to camouflage it. I will try to make a real effort to document my journey, good or bad, so that the next person contemplating my procedure can make a more informed decision. I would appreciate any feedback, comments or questions, since this is the first time I've done this sort of thing. I am so proud of myself that I was able to figure out how to post the pictures here!!!

More pics day7

I cheated a little and put some makeup on. The swelling is going down and I am soooo hopeful!!

More pics day 9

Cheating again with makeup...just came back from work so here it is!!!

More cheating going on with new pics!!!

Day 11...my son's senior prom is tonight so I want to take some pictures with him for his special day!!! My "baby" is growing up...so bittersweet.

Think I see something!!!

Trying to stay away from this site but it's hard. I want to help other people and will try to contribute more in this community. I just wanted to post a couple of pictures that might show minor improvement!!!

One more pic

Update

Just a quick one...does anyone see anything?

Another picture no makeup!!!

Still serving small changes everyday!!!

Feeling crappy but a bit better

Picked up what I thought might be the flu, but after a day and a half feeling a bit better and am thinking it was just a virus. Anyway, in the midst of some MAJOR life changes(wrote a book and having meetings next week!!!) so I really haven't had time to focus on myself. That's probably a good thing for me and all of you because I've really posted lots of pics!!!

Anyway, haven't washed my hair in four days but feeling hopeful about a shower today!!! Have a great day!

Found before picture

I have nothing but continued progress to report, but someone asked me to post a before pic so here it is. I had been shying away from pictures because the camera doesn't lie and it was hard not to get upset over how I REALLY looked!!

Newest photo

I continue to see results and am at the six week mark. I have an appointment to see the doctor next tuesday so that he can evaluate as well. I have been reading so many bad reviews on here and it hurts to see so many people not happy with this procedure. So many of these reviews involve welts( that should NOT happen) and burns. I just had mild swelling in my lower face. I can't stress enough that this procedure is only as good as the provider. It should NOT be done by techs.

That being said, I know I am one of the the lucky ones to get out of the procedure what I wanted. Please do your homework, only have board-certified plastic surgeons do the procedure and ask to see tons of before and after pictures. Ethical doctors will even put you in touch with former patients so that you can ask them questions as well. It SUCKS to get older, but we can go down fighting!!
Your sister in beauty,
Jill

Update...long overdue!!!

Hi all,
I'm writing this to update everyone on what's been going on. I seemed to have stabilized for now in terms of lift, but during my last visit to him around two weeks ago, he said that I was in the minority for showing change that early and that I still have more lifting ahead. So...that's exciting to look forward to...three months for me will be August 20th so I will post another update ON THAT DATE!!!(note to self!!)

I have been under a great deal of stress this past month, since my husband has been diagnosed with a large tumor that is compressing his esophagus. He is so weak and tired and that's I how feel too. He is going to the hospital today to have another test done and then they will schedule surgery. They don't know if it is cancer, but all prayers are welcome at this point.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and feeling beautiful every day.

Love always,
Jill

Photos!!

More before pics

As I have mentioned previously, I really didn't take many photos of myself because the camera doesn't lie and I hated seeing the aging process captured in a picture. Hera are all I could find, probably going back as much as six months before the procedure. Hope this helps!!!

Just got filler!!!!!

I just wanted to add a post about juvederm and figured I may as well just add it as an addendum to my Ultherapy. I haven't seen any more improvement since my last post, and I thought that adding a litte filler might be just what I needed. I was due anyway. So I decided to cheat on my regular plastic surgeon who I love and who has done my Botox and juvederm for the last seven years.

To make this post even funnier, I took my twenty year old daughter with me, who recently lost 85 pounds on her own with another 60 to go. She had been unhappy with her lips for awhile and was especially unhappy with her top lip. I don't know if this made me a bad or good mother, but I was willing to let her try juvederm.

I didn't realize it at the time, but the doctor's air conditioning in the office was not working and everybody seemed to be doing their job and being friendly, despite the apparent heat. Now I have no idea how I, of all people, would not notice this, because my face starts to drip with the first sign of warmth. I guess I got so caught up in a beauty moment that my body just didn't register it!!

My daughter and I are escorted within five minutes into a VERY small room with hardly any space for two people to stand comfortably, let alone three when the assistant came in. The doctor comes in and asks how he can help us today. I told him about my concerns( nasolabial folds and lips) and then threw in how my daughter was unhappy about her top lip as well. Looking back, I feel badly about throwing a second patient at him, but my daughter and I were both so excited I guess we couldn't help ourselves!

Anyway I told him my concerns and he agreed with me and even pointed out a few things that I did not realize, so it was interesting to hear someone else's observations. He began with my top lip and I have to say that HURT, even with numbing cream. After he was done he had me look and I liked it a lot. He then injected the rest into my nasolabial folds, focusing more in the upper region and fixing some asymmetry that I had. I looked in the mirror when he was done and we agreed I just needed a bit more. When he was done, I took the mirror and held it as my daughter sat down in the chair. He looked at her lips and explained what he was going to do, and if she liked it in a few days, she could always come back for more. She grabbed my hand and held it tightly as he started. I was amazed at how well she handled it and thought to myself oh my god, I created a monster. I handed her the mirror and her face lit up. All he used was a very small amount of filler on her upper border, and she was happy. While all this was going on, I was looking in the mirror at myself and thinking that I needed a little in the border of my bottom lip to even things out. I had never gotten anything injected there before.

I pointed it out to him and he agreed. I sat down AGAIN and he injected some there. I looked in the mirror, which I had been holding on and off for the last 30 minutes, and we agreed that it was good, that using anymore would just be chasing your tail, so to speak. We had almost a full syringe left, having opened a second one. He said that we could keep it for two weeks and use it until then, after which they dispose of it, because the company no longer guarantees it. It made sense to me and as I walked up front to pay, I had no idea what it would cost me. I didn't ask because I knew I had enough money to cover it. She told me that it was $1,170, 585 a syringe. I think I was pleasantly surprised that I would have a couple of hundred dollars left, because money is an issue with me. I need more of it.

Anyway I paid and then we left, with my daughter wanting Starbucks. She is extremely rigid with her diet, and can be a GIANT pain the the ass sometimes, but the reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich is one of her breakfast staples and she was hungry. We drove to the closest Starbucks and had breakfast and compared notes. She decided she liked it and wanted more, and I decided I could ALWAYS use more so we plan to return this week and use up the remaining vial.

Dr. Samra was a complete gentlemen and wonderful doctor to handle two women who wanted to look beautiful and younger, all the while sweating in that little room. I plan on calling him on Monday, and leaving a message for him that says just that, when I make our next appointment, hopefully on Wednesday. I will post some pictures and you can be the judge, seeing how there's a lot of before pictures!!! Hope this wasn't too long or rambling, but I guess I'm just in that type of mood. Hope everyone has a beautiful day and weekend.

Photos...bare

Filler with makeup on!!

A little overdue, and a little off-topic

I am past my three- month mark, and should see full results by now. I'm not sure what I see? I do see results with my ultherapy, and I did add filler a couple of weeks ago. It just makes me think about what we are searching for in the quest for youth. Do we want to look like younger versions of ourselves, or are we looking different than nature intended us to look with all these different procedures added? Are we doing too much and how much is too much? My mom and kids have told me to stop doing all these things and that I was doing too much, but I never took them seriously. Was I in denial about what I was doing?

I think I was and am just now coming to the realization that less is more. As my filler fades, I think I will like the new me just a bit better.

All recent pictures!!!

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

As a 51 year old plastic surgical nurse LisaTopham.com, I can tell you Ulthera is a very valuable non surgical asset to those not ready or interested in surgery. The practitioner must be able to give realistic expectations about the result expected. I use Ulthera a lot to raise brows as neurotoxins cannot do that, only can lessen lines. It also lifts the neck tissue. I typically use Artefill or Voluma to re volumize lost tissue. Average 1 cc each year over 30, Ulthera for brows and necks , and an HA for lips and under eye hollows. Less is more is my philosophy, you can always add more.secondly some tighteners Ulthera and Exilis both take 3 to 6 months to see final results.
Thank you for your honesty and openness, you look beautiful, taking care of yourself pays off!
Thank you so much SA!!
Again, just being honest. I don't see any difference in the before and after photos, (other than the frowny faces, bad lighting and bad hair in most of your "before" photos). Again, with all the very expensive procedures you are promoting, and your overly-positive opinion of each, I suspect you or your husband's business are getting something in return from the doctor in exchange for your positive reviews. Again, can you tell us for whom you work? I suspect that your husband owns or works for a hair salon/day spa as these businesses often partner with doctors to promote the latest gizmos and gadgets; lotions and potions. (Not the least bit bitter - Just helping realself readers understand the often deceptive nature of beauty industry advertising/promotion strategies. Believe me, the companies and doctors behind these products have A LOT of money with which they support these strategies - and they have a lot of money because of the ridiculous amounts of money they can talk people into paying for minimal to no results). Just telling it like it is. Hope this is helpful to realself readers. "Let the buyer beware".
Your comment is not even worth a response...you AND your posts are pathetic and how dare you drag my sick HUSBAND into this? You know NOTHING and pretend to know it all. I don't think anyone here knows ONE thing about you except that you're bitter, spiteful, nasty and jealous.
Balooga, "Just being honest" should not be an excuse for being mean-spirited.
Balooga,

This is a supportive and positive community and I would prefer it remain that way.  You opinions are welcome, but attacks and rudeness are not.  Please read over the Community Guidelines for detailed questions.

We are here to support and encourage one another.
Thanks Kimmers!!!
Hi Jill, thanks again for your honest updates. I send prayers and good vibes your way and hope your husband is fine. And yes, your kids and mum are right - you already looked fantastic before you started the procedures. But you also look natural with them (you don't have that overdone look). Hugs and all the very best to you!
Thanks similla, I must have been having a little pity party for myself this morning...I guess stress will do that to you! Your post gave me just the boost I needed. I don't want to look "fake" or overdone, ever. Hugs right back to you and have a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Xoxo, Jill
Oh boy, Similla, you don't celebrate Labor Day, do you??? I just realized its a US holiday!!! Have a wonderful end -of-summer weekend!!
HI! I just wanted to know how much did all that cost ? So people would have a better understanding on how much to invest if they want the same procedures that you done to them. Hope all is well, and you look great! :)
Hi skinguru, The ultherapy was $3,000 and a vial of juvederm is usually $600, give or take a few dollars. Definitely not cheap, but a really good way of maintaining everything!!! Hope this helps, Jill
Hi Jill I hope both you and your husband are well. The stress of having a loved one ill can age the best of us. Looking at your photos before/ after you are a beautiful woman. Ultherapy is a new noninvasive procedure that patients can see results not immediately but 6-12 months later. The healing process, new collagen formation, contraction and tightening of the tissue take place at specific depths under the skin. Sleep, hydration, proper diet, exercise, & someone to chase us with a whip! Lol is really the best! I have done it all Botox, Fillers, laser treatments I'm 48 people have always thought I am 10-15 yrs younger. None of them were needed. Sometimes what we see in the mirror is not what everyone else sees. God Bless XoXo Dailyn
Those words are so true Dailyn...we look in the mirror and only see the flaws...we really have to appreciate ALL we have on life, not just on the outside. I really don't know how I would look if I hadn't done fillers and Botox all these years, but I was always conservative. I would like to think that I just look like a more refreshed version of me. The other things you mentioned are so important as well...it's just that sometimes life gets in the way and we just don't have the time to treat ourselves the way that we should. I keep telling myself that when everything is ok with my husband, I will take better care of me. I'll let you know how that works out!!! Wishing you all the best as well, Jill
I was reading all of your comments about the Utherapy for the face and neck and just like you I've done all the fillers and botox as well and yes it hurts! I'm just wondering do you think it's worth it as far as $$$$ amount goes because I'm short on funds as well and when I do something like this I like to see results . What does the pain feel like in your opinion? I'm 51 and I hate getting older, it seems I look in the mirror everyday and see a new wrinkle! Lol
I hate getting older too, but I have seen a lifting of my whole face...subtle but definitely noticeable. It is a lot of money to spend, but I would do it again when I need it, so for me it was worth it. It's not instant gratification like with fillers, because it does take a couple of months to kick in. The pain was tolerable in some areas, and really hurt in other areas, kind of like really sharp zaps, but after the procedure was over, I was fine. You really have to weigh the pros and cons, because I think it is a very individual decision. If you only need a little lift, then you'll be happy. Hope this helps!!
Hey. You are very attractive and I think your a great mother for taking your daughter. I Always say if my daughters want tattoos or any body modifications I want them to come to me so I can guide them to making the best possible desicions. So I'm researching skin tightening procedures because I'm 32 and noticing some droopiness in my jaws, cheeks and I have bags. I have some fine lines here and there as well. Would u recommend this procedure for someone my age? Sorry for the long comment ☺ again you look great ")
Thank you for the compliment...it's hard to get older, but you are so young!!! Did you ever think about Botox or fillers first??? Fillers restore lost volume so they do give you a little lift which might be all you need. Post a pic if you want and I'm sure people will give you some input...good luck with whatever you decide( and I would pay to be 32 again!!)
I have considered fillers and would love for that to be an option for me but I don't want to gamble with my face. I've read reviews that have mortified me. I'm terrified of catching a bad reaction. I don't know how I would live with myself if I damaged my incredibly good looks. Lol
It's addicting but only in the right hands. When I first started getting fillers, I used a dermatologist first and she was terrible. Nice woman, but terrible injector. However, in all fairness, I didn't do my homework, so I was partly to blame. Now I know better. You need to find a board-certified plastic surgeon who injects ALL the time and start slow. You can always add more. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Hi Jill. Who is your injector because I'm in Jersey and travel all the way to Pa. Very far. I would love to find a injector near me and I'm not far from you. Thxs Tipjo
It was Dr. Asaad Samra, but before him, it was Dr. Louis Iorio, who I love and have used for the last seven years.
Thank you for continuing to post updates. I'm at 30 days post procedure and hopeful that I'll see changes but haven't yet. Like you I did not have any of the serious side effects that others have reported. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's health. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Thank you so much for your good wishes!! I started seeing changes at around 6 weeks and my doctor said that was early, so hopefully you have a lot of lifting ahead:)). Please continue to post updates so that we can see progress. I'm very excited for you.