56,3 Grown Kids,total Hysterectomy 8 Yrs. Ago - Brick, NJ

I have never had a flat stomach,even as a...

I have never had a flat stomach,even as a teenager,and always wanted one. 3 pregnancies,tons of stretch marks and a hysterectomy later,my abdomen had seen better days. I love to exercise; eat well and take care of myself,maintain a good weight,but nothing could help my " pooch" on my belly. I finally convinced my husband to let me spend the $, so that was my biggest hurdle!
I am 17 days postop tonight; feeling pretty good. Have been housebound,other than doc appts. He wants me take it easy; doesn't want to have to drain me with a needle if I swell from over exerting.( 1st drain came out 1 week postoperative; 2nd, 11th day) the thoughts of a needle going into my stomach are daunting,to say the least! Going back tomorrow.hoping I can start walking around the block at least once a day.i hate just sitting! Stomach is very tight; hate the binder; incision,holes,belly button seem to be ok.my skin itches like mad! I'm putting aquaphor on incision and noes potion on holes and button. Glad I found this forum!

Postoperative appt.

I went to the doctor on fri. ( tomorrow is 3 weeks PO) and he said I could stop the wound care,no more neosporin on belly button and tube sites,and to stop using aquaphor on stitches and switch to bio oil. Also,I'm to start massaging,which I did for the 1st time last night.im sure I'm being a wimp,but it feels so weird to massage the area and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt something.anyhow,think I'll also add vitamin e as a massage helper as well as the bio oil,since that helped tremendously with my thyroid scar years ago.

almost 12 weeks po

well, I saw my ps today,1st time since 6 weeks. I had a good checkup, he's pleased the with scar and minimal swelling. says its normal to still be sore/tender where the muscle repair was done,which for me is all the way from the incision to the bra line. I'm to keep using bio oil on the scar and bb. now onto the bb: both he and the nurse seemed a little concerned upon seeing it. it's just a slit. he said it wasn't a scar tissue issue,and that if it doesn't work itself open eventually,he could do a little revision. in the meantime, I'm to put bio oil on my finger and massage it in there several times a day. when I got home, I did that (he did it in the office too) and I tried to stick a rolled up piece of gauze in there,and stuck a bandaid over it to hold it in place. i'll see if that helps. it doesn't look bad,just a little weird. I really don't want to have a revision on it. I asked about starting ab exercises,he said ok,but slow and easy. to tell the truth,with the soreness/tenderness in my abdomen,i'm not in any great hurry! so that's it. i'll see him next on my 5 month po date. thanks to all of you for being you and being there! have a great weekend!

doctor

p.s. did I say I love my doctor and his staff? they are wonderful and I would highly recommend them. I am so glad I found them!

4 mos. po

I'm a little over 4 months po.finally took some pics. they aren't very good,sorry. you can see how closed my bb is,though.
Colts Neck Plastic Surgeon

He's been great so far!

You look great!
I"d love to see some before pictures! You look great! Good luck on the bb. I'm definitely going to need a revision. I still have lots of flab left. I'm with you...wait until after summer.
I never took any before photos. I didn't find this site until two weeks po.
Did you try putting a marble in there? Or is it too tight to do so? Tt looks great!
Thanks. Yes,it's too tight. I'll deal with it over the winter. Too much living to do during the glorious summer!
I agree, enjoy what's left of summer first! Happy healing, you look great!!
thank you maria!
You look great. At first my bb was too small for my liking but I started keeping a marble in it and just sized up the marble until it got where I wanted it. It's better now.
I've been trying the earplug trick,but it always pops out! Lol.
Hi!! I'm in Manchester nj! So not far from you :) I am 2 weeks PO and thinking I want a BB revision.. Mine is possibly to low, very close to my incision so I'm just not sure yet... Can't wait to be 4 months PO. Like you! You look great!
That's cool! You look great. It's probably way too early to tell if we'll need revisions. I don't go back to see the doc until the end of sept. If I need a revision,I'll do it after Christmas. After the winter we had,I don't want to waste one precious minute of summer!
I agree, enjoy your summer, so far it hasn't been so great out but hoping to get some nice warm days soon!
Looking great! Your BB is definitely a bit on the shallow side something that can probably be revised very easily if you're not happy with it. Mine's the exact opposite and a bit deep but I'm hoping that will get better once the swelling subsides (not that I"m swelling very much).
I was reading up on bb revisions yesterday on this site,and I think I'll give it a year before deciding. I want to enjoy the summer now that it's finally here,plus I want to see what the old bod might do to maybe correct itself. All the doctor comments on the subject said to not rush a revision. Enjoy your weekend!
Love the pics. Your tummy looks great! I can see what your talking about with the BB. Is it too late to try the ear plug trick. It's worked wonders for me :) I think your coming along fantastic!
thanks 7! I was doing the ear plug trick,but have been lazy lately. i'll try to make a better effort.
Hey Hun I would love to see pictures of your progress. As you know we have similar things in common. My BB is being stingy too. I've put an ear plug in and I've taped it. It's working wonders since I can't fit a marble quite yet. I would try that for a few weeks if you can. I'll try and post pics of what my bb looked like a week ago and now. Hope everything else is going great for you :)
I never took before pics,didn't find this web site till 2 weeks po,and am not tech savvy at all! I just did take some pics for the 1st time,since you asked. I'll see if I can figure out to post them. Lol.
Lol. That's ok. Just thought we could compare journeys :)
I was able to post a few pics to my profile.tada!
Hi Beachy56, I just replied to the message you sent me!
I felt like you about the massaging too. It will get better. I can't talk though. I can't stand to touch it much because of the odd feelings. I can feel a suture knot in the center of my belly and a ton of lipo bumps ick... But the lipo bumps are a pain that sometimes feels amazing to rub! I use bio oil and coconut oil as well as Vit E although I need to get more! Oh I use cocoa butter a lot too it helps with the itching! I have that too. I keep my binder as tight as possible.
Your binder is prob too tight and making u itchy. Losses and give yourself a few mins away from it now and then. Rub Vaseline or a moisturizer on your tummy. As for walking - you should be walking. Sit when u get tired. Every day you will be able to do more. Tummy will get softer and you will miss it being tighter, lol. Would love to see some pics :)) Lisa
*loosen. Not losses.