Breast Reduction by Army at Fort Bliss, TX

My name is Tamara. I am 35 years old. Before I had...

My name is Tamara. I am 35 years old. Before I had my procedure I was a 40 D, hopefully after my procedure I will be a 34B. I mainly wanted this procedure because being an active duty soldier, it has become a terrible burden completing certain physical activites.

I have already had my procedure, but here is a...

I have already had my procedure, but here is a rundown of what I experience.

Pre Op - I arrived to my appointment, I was seen by the Plastic Surgery staff. My wait time was about 10 minutes. After my appointment I went upstairs to pre admit for my procedure,did my vitals, met with anesthesiology, did my bloodwork, and got my prescriptions for after my procedure. All of this took about 3 hours to complete.

I was told that afternoon what time to check in for procedure the next day.

Operating Day - I arrived to the hospital at 930 am, I was given a private room, and scrubs to change into for the operation. Unfortunately, there was an emergency the day of my operation so normally you would check in 2 hours before your operation, but I did not have my procedure performed until 130 pm, therefore I ended up waiting 4 hours. No big deal to me, things happen, I rather wait, then have to rush.

The procedure took 4.5 hours. My doctor reported that it took him a little longer because he wanted to make sure everything lined up correctly. I am in no way upset about that, I rather line up properly than regret it later.

I stayed at the hospital for 1.5 hours after the procedure to recover, then I was released home.

2 Feb 2012: This was post op day 1. Spent most of...

2 Feb 2012: This was post op day 1. Spent most of the day sleeping. I was in soo much pain, plus i had the vac via tethered to my side so it was pretty much driving me bonkers while I slept.

3 Feb 2012: First time I took photos. Got around a little bit that day.

6 Feb 2012: This was my first post op. Doc said everything look good. I was really excited about the unveiling. My next Post op will be 21 Feb.

Well today was day one of work. A little sore but...

Well today was day one of work. A little sore but it went better than I expected, and I am officially 2 weeks post op. Loving my new breast

Today is post op day 16. Breast are still looking...

Today is post op day 16. Breast are still looking good. I got another post op appointment on tuesday, so I will post pictures on that day. I have started using a ace bandage a night to sleep in, seems to be more comfortable than a sports bra since I am a wild sleeper. Also noticed that I swell more at night and in the morning. This seems to be my most painful time, and it is not really painful, just very discomforting.

Bras size: Still don't know what size I am, but the 36c bra is a little to big now. I might actually make it to a B cup. That would be awesome

Here are some updated photos. I have started scar...

Here are some updated photos. I have started scar treatment. The scars are healing really nice.

Currently I am at week 6, My right is still...

Currently I am at week 6, My right is still slightly larger than my left, I don't know, I think they are settling, but I look at them daily so its hard for me to tell. I can not even see the scar on my nipple anymore, and my other scars are healing quite well.
Col Zambrano

When I was approved for my procedure it only took 1 week for my referral to go through, and then I had a surgery date with in a month. Usually in the amy this can take anywhere between 3-6 months. Col Zambrano was patient with me, and answered all my questions. The staff at the clinic was patient also, they gave me insight to what I would experience, and let me know how previous patients handle situations after the procedure. I feel that the clinic prepared me for this procedure so that it would be a success. During my surgery the DR took his time and did not rush through to make sure the best job was done

I have to wait til they say its ok I have been only wettting my waste down though I need to clean some areas I just tell them I havent
Wow one of ur boobs is flat and ther lopsided vwhen dithery want u to shower
Wow really ur so lucky one boob is flat and the other is lopsided I can't get naked around my husband at all 17 is still early for me they say but it feels like a lifetime
In the photos I posted I had not started using any creams.
did you use any creams or something to heal faster? or take the scars away? im on day 17 and still look like i just left the OR...they told me not to shower or put anything on it still..
Your shape is wonderful! Congratulations!
thanks i saw ur pics, you are looking so magnificant
your PS did a great Job, and they are healing so nicely...Congrats!
Congrats, you look awesome! Glad it went so smoothly for you!
looking great tam!
He told me that he did not remove that much, mostly excess skin. i think he took about 200 per side.
Hello ladies thank you for all the great support. I have to say this process has been so much easier than I thought it would ever be. I sooo wish that I would have done this sooner rather than later. I will advise anyone that is considering this procedure, please go ahead do your research and then go for it.
U're boobs are looking great...Did U ever find out how many grams of tissue was removed during your BR?

You look fabulous!  Congratulations on such a wonderful result!
They look great! I hope your pleased because from what I see in the photos, I would be:) They match your little waist!!!!
What a great job! You look amazing!
I concur, you look great, thank you so much for sharing, I too would love to know how many grams were removed:)
Wow, huge difference. You look great.
dark and lovely, no I don't know how many grams were removed, but when i go back I can def ask him. Thanks everyone. I figure if I am looking this good at only 11 days, then I should heal up real nice over the next couple months
Wow for only 11 days they already look great!
Mz Pynk, Your results are great, do u know how many grams of tissue was removed?
wow...he did a great job. they look so amazing! congratulations!