Uplift and Implant Gone Wrong - Liverpool, UK

I am 6 weeks post op form having a breast uplift...

i am 6 weeks post op form having a breast uplift with implant.my right breast has bottomed out and the areola around my left nipple has burst open right they way around i can see the tissue inside .i am really unhappy at the way my breasts look there is still no fullness at the top of my breast.my surgeon recommended that i got a 320cc implant which i did.now he is saying i need a 380cc and will have to pay again.also he is saying that the bottoming out should fix itself as it needs time to heal inside.which is untrue as the only way to fix this problem is further surgery.and when my left nipple does heal they will look odd.i just feel like my surgeon is fobbing me off.and i dont no why i should have to pay again.after getting wrongly adviced in the first place..

I am so sorry. You should seek a second opinion immediately. Please keep us posted on how you're healing.

Sadly my breast never healed it just got worse..i...

sadly my breast never healed it just got worse..i went to see another surgeon for a second opinion.and he told my if i was to get another implant in there is over a 50% chance that i could loose my whole breast.the surgeon has caused too much damage to the blood supply and my nerves.i now have no feeling in my breast.i am really upset as i am now left with odd breasts.one is alot bigger and wider and hangs further down.he has also positioned my nipple too high on my right breast.my right breasts need an uplift again but i wont be going back to the same surgeon.

Hi Sampantha I hope you have recovered. I am looking at getting a breat operation in liverpool. What hospital was this at and which doctor? I'm a bit terrified now. love A xx
hi hun
do you have any pics of your boobs.were did you get them done
sam x
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

?I had my last operation on my breast 7 weeks ago.

I found a surgeon that was willing to put implants in last year. and I went back to him 8 weeks ago while he done scar correction and also moved my nipple down as it was 3cm to high on my right breast.as for the surgeon that caused the damage.he is meant to be going to court in December the fitness to practice panel. the gmc think that the surgeon will not turn up .the will proceed in his absence. he is meant to be practising in Germany now. I have also found a number of girls that he has damaged. when I went to see an independent plastic surgeon. he read through my operation notes and he said the surgeon has taken the skin away first then put the impants in.he had caused the breast to breakdown as he had stitched me to tight and damaged the blood supply.

Hi everybody sorry havnt been on here for a while and only seen all your comments today.yes dreamgirls i had my final op nearly 8 weeks ago. I got my first operation in aug 2010 that was when all the damage was caused.then i got told by every doctor i seen that putting implants in was far to risky. So i spend months devestated as you can imagine thinking there waa no hope.then i met a girl who had also been damaged by the surgeon . She put me in touch with a plastic surgeon douglas mcgeorge.he is an amazing man.he told me he would put implants in.which he did and 3 days post op i was near healed.that was may last year. I had my final surgery with him 8 weeks ago that was to correct the scars and to move the nipple. The reason it has taken so long between ops is that ihave had to pay for all 3 and in total its cost £15 000.so trying to find the money was hard.i couldnt name the surgeon at first because i had a legal case against him my solicitor advised against this but i can name him now his name was mr adeogba .i believe he is now working in germany .
Your original post is from 2011 - and you are saying 8 weeks ago you've had another surgery with a different surgeon? If you are trying to help ladies here, it would be prudent to include the name of the surgeons so others can avoid?? You've had (or still have) nipple necrosis which is very serious and of course, anyone here would be very sorry to see you've gone through this. As much as I'm very sorry for what you're saying you've gone through, I don' think its very responsible to say something like this without details...as amarie300 says, its causing unnecessary panic for people.

Recent pics

Nearly 8 weeks post op.after having scar correction and nipple moved

I am so sorry about your ordeal. I am glad you have found someone to perform a revision surgery. I am sure this was a very intense trying time in your life however I know you are a much stronger woman. You look wonderful and thank God you are okay now. Your revision surgery looks wonderful!
NO ONE should go through something like that. I am very sorry to hear what you've been through. This is scandalous!! However, I am so happy to see that you found a surgeon who was willing and able to help you out. The result so far looks fantastic! He seems to have done an excellent job. I wish you all the best in the world!
sorry you had to go through all that :(:(:( that is my biggest fear!! however, the second surgeon did a wonderful job!!

my doctor left my wound to get worse.it took me to go to a nhs hospital before i got any help from him...