Lift Those Girls Up and Reduce Those Thighs! - Newport Beach, CA

What a place to start...here with you. My journey...

What a place to start...here with you. My journey I'm sure is very similar to yours which is why we have found this village for us to share our secrets, pain, and quest to reshape ourselves inside and out.

I was 300 pounds, now 165. It has been 10 years now at the new weight. I've had two children with the same man I met at 300 pounds and now its time to show on the outside how I feel inside.

I am finding it difficult to spend the money on myself...I feel like I am taking it away from my children. I do however, feel that I should have the chance to spend the remaining years of my life more happy about myself than I am now. The problem for me is I guess I feel that I am responsible for the way I look. I overate for years. Binged. I could not stop eating. I'm not sure why I found happiness in food, well at least for the second I ate it...odd isn't it. How the second we finish the binge, the guilt and ugliness we feel and self hatred is so strong. Ye, I did it to myself. I hope to understand why I did this to myself, why I hurt myself for years, and perhaps I can find some answers as I am forced to assess my naked self to men (dr.s) on this journey.

hugs and hope you are feeling happy today...k

Well after long discussions with myself and hubby...

Well after long discussions with myself and hubby about not being happy in my own skin, he has agreed to let me pull money out from our retirement and proceeded. This decision was reached last night. Since then, I spent early morning hours plagued with guilt. I don't spend a lot of money. Truth is we don't make a whole lot of of money. I'm a college lecture and my husband works for the federal government. " why do I need at 37 new boobs" I kept mulling over. Perhaps it is a waste of money. I drive a second- hand prius!!!
Even with doubts and fears I still want to proceed. My thighs are pretty bad and so are my boobs. I'll have to get some better pictures for you all as the ones I've posted as not that bad. My legs look, in my opinion, not that bad int he photos I loaded here.
The truth is I do not feel confident or sexy. How could I? My boobs are on my belly bottom and when I lie in a missionary position to have sex, my skin from my things fall over my girl bits! So not sexy!!!
Still scared though and worried about money.

Well I'm torn. I have found, what I believe to be...

Well I'm torn. I have found, what I believe to be a superb doctor...Dr. Agha. His staff are extremely professional and helpful. His reputation is amazing. But I'm in a pickle! His prices, while it makes sense based on his expertise, are more than other dr.'s Ive met with. My husband is looking for "more bang for your buck", but Dr. Agha is the one who I want. We are a prius household but I don't want the equivalent of this for plastic surgery!

I might just have to have one of the surgeries performed and wait a year until I plan to have a lower-body lift then get my boobs done then too. I really wanted to have both the breasts and thing reduction performed this year...but unless I use one of the other doctors...its not going to happen. Not sure what to do. To go with the best and get less or get it all done with a less reputable doctor.

I have been using each of you and your shared stories to review who to speak to and who to avoid. Thank you so much for sharing your stories. As of today, i have meet with two surgeons to discuss a thigh-lift/reduction and breast-lift with augmentation. Dr. Agha was the first in Newport Beach...he was superb. And, a second Dr. in Torrance, who while was very informative, has no where near the experience as Dr. Agha.

How did it go? Would love to see an update or pictures.

You're silly! Everyone has typos it's like journaling:)
You're right too. As far as a lift goes. I've seen augs without lifts and there terrible. It just makes the problem worse!!
I don't know I'd your saw my undate today but it looks like I'll be only able to do the thigh reduction and have to wait until next year to do thr boobs:( as I'm planning on having a lower body lift next year, it makes sense to do the boobs then too as we are pulling money out from retirement. My only other choice is to go to a different surgen. The truth is though, I only want Agha to work on me. I don't know what it was, but I felt he was the one. I think it's important to trust the dr you use and while I'm not a hippy, he just "felt" right. Even before I spoke to him. I saw him walk through his office as I was waiting to meet with him and there is just something about the way he carries himself. Not sure what it is but he has something. Additionally, his staff are top-notch. He's very lucky to have such intelligent and helpful employees.
Where are you thinking about going? Are you in southern Cali?
AWWW, your husband sounds like an amazing person! Yes...it is funny how different things make on either sexy or secure or insecure....when I feel that I am looking my best...I am confident, I can take on any sales person, I am assertive (not aggressive) and for some odd reason if I am not feeling my best....I just sulk bet and let people walk over me. My situation: I have sagging breast so I met with on sugeon and we only talked about augmentation but after THAT appt. I researched lifts and actually sent pictures to multiple surgeons on Real Self....all said that to achieve the look I wanted then a lift plus small augmentation was necessary. So I met with another surgeon (Board Certified) who confirmed that a lift was needed. I am not thrilled due to the scarring but they do fade in time. I too, do not want to be super big....I guess just more perky and a little bigger. Please keep us all posted! Wishing you NOTHING but the best!
Wow...sorry I wrote so fast....I hate seeing all my errors! But you get the point!
I'm so happy you have a good man:) mine took me as I was at close to 300 pounds. Image is not very important to him, but I am, so I'm very lucky. Weird how I felt so sexy when I was fat and not now!
I've met with him one time and we discussed lift and aug. I'm not wanting to go super big, maybe a large b or small c cup.
You are fortunate to have them be able to fit you in so quickly. My husband is exactly way....it's my decision and he will support what ever I decide. I have to say that it has ALWAYS been my idea. Have you already had your pre-op consult? Are you having implants as well as a lift?
WOW.....what an inspiring story! I think like you, the money could be used or should be used elsewhere BUT....you can not put a price on feeling good about yourself. I know if I speak my opion about going to Mexico for surgery, I will recieve criticism. I am sure they have talented surgeons but I am not sure if all the accompanying guidelines are the same as in the US. Just research, research, research!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your journey!
I think you're right Baystater! I think I will stay in the US and have the surgery performed by Dr. Agha. Might be as early as next Saterday! I'm excited and yet, like you were able to empathize with, feeling guilty about spending the money on myself. I had a long discussion with hubby tonight about spending the money. He was good about it but made it clear it had to be my decision. He's a good guy. I'm going to talk to the office manager tomorrow about whether we are on for next Saterday and I'll provide an update tomorrow.
Hope you're happy and loved,
K
Thank you, Angie.
I guess I feel the freedom to express myself in this community so Im being honest about cause and effect. The food issue is one I still battle/manage today. Everyday. It's the quick fix of "ah" when we are stressed, feel bad or any other combination of emotions life throws us hour to hour.
I lost weight at the beginning because it wear life or death. I remember vividly two things that prompted me to make a change. First, I remember getting on public transport, a bus, and the bus shifting down when I stepped onto it. And, the second thing was I remember getting ready for school and getting in the car, starting it, let it warm up, looking in the rear vision mirror and realized that only the car was ready to go into public. I got out of the car and went back into the house. That day I told my dad I needed help or I was going to kill myself. He was a teacher at the equivalent to a community college in Australia (which is where I am from but have been in the states for 18 years) and he went into work and told them he was not coming back that semester to teach. He walked with me everyday and cooked healthy foods. We spent all day every day together for 3 months. I lost 40 pounds. It was then that my mother (who had divorced my father 2 years prior) had met a man on a plane from LA to Chicago and was going to get married to him, despite the fact she knew him for 2 weeks; I then moved to America at 19.
I spent the next 6 years at 265 to 255 pounds while living in America. Then in 2000 I finished my MA and realized that if I could study and complete the MA then I could do what my father had taught me years ago...to walk for an hour a day and not each junk. I would make huge amounts of broccoli and carrots with Indian spice and eat it all day. Maybe 5-6 pounds of it! I was never hungry and the weight fell off fast. In four months I lost 60 pounds and the more and more. The trick was the amount of food...loads...but not carbs. I walked every day for an hour and finally made it into the 190s, then 180s, then 170, and below.
I am still the same person, but I know people see me differently. Thats the funny thing about being a former fat girl. I know what those people who are nice to me know would have thought and said about me behind my back. I think getting fat from 12-22 was a good thing (except for the sagging skin) because I learned to treat people, all people with respect and not to judge based on external appearance. Not of color, race or ethnicity. I just love people and can really see truth behind what people say because there were so many people who were mean when I was the "fat girl".
As for the surgery, because I'm again concerned about the money and feeling like I should not spend money on myself...I'm toying with the idea of mexico for the work. Not sure what to do.
Hello Looking For Me,
I will be 51 years old next month. My surgery is scheduled for July 27th. I too have a long history of The Life As The Guilt Ridden Chronic Dieter. I also have a large weight loss history behind me. Ha Ha Literally Anyways, I have a few ways for you to think of things, and would like you to consider them.
ONE.. As far as retirement. Think of your surgery is your motor home, or your matching motorcycles, or your trip to Europe. Why? Because now you can start a more inhibited life. Possibly your husband would like to do something for himself as well.Take off that robe and jump in that lake. Wear a short dress and do the cha cha. Buy that special nighty and wear it with self-esteem.

TWO.. The scars of our sins for all the world to see. Can you pick out a recovering alcoholic out of a crowd? Does he get to chose who he shares this with? Damn, even a convicted felon can hide the fact that he is a felon and has the opportunity to redeem himself with his friends, family and sometimes society. A person who was once morbidly obese has to face the world with the scar for everyone to see. However, you, just like myself have finally found a way to ridden this burden once and for all through the use of plastic surgery.

THREE.. The guilt of your decision. Would you look at your neighbor or friend who had a cleft pallet, or a large growth on his arm and chastise him for going through a surgery to correct that ? It's the same as caring around an extra arm, thigh, or stomach.

Smile !! Just some food for thought.
Signed, Sister Such A Pretty Face But......

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! How did you manage to lose it all? It's very insightful of you to think about the whys so that it couldn't happen again. Funny how food is such a comfort for many of us.

Thank you so much for starting your story. I'm looking forward to following your journey.