Augmentation (And Revisions) After Childbirth and Weight Loss - Very Unrewarding Experience

I was very deflated after childbirth and weight...

I was very deflated after childbirth and weight loss I thought that this would help me fill a bra out agian. I got way more than i bargined for.

I gave my PS 3 shots and in the end I am still left with the same issues he tried to fix the last 2 surgeries. His staff got real unprofessional after my last surgery. No empathy for me or my complications.

I started out a saggy 34C cup with no volume. My first surgery was supposed to be a a lift and augment but my PS decided in the OR that I did not need one?? Since than I have bottomed out..

I had revision to fix that and it did not hold.. I followed his plan to reduce my size of my implants and go for a full anchor lift. Whatg i got was worse i was nt lifted I am actually more saggier now than i was before my first surgey. I bottomed out agian and have double bubble.

My PS has offered me nothing he said he did the best that any surgeon could do... So I am out 12,500 and I feel awful naked..

Years later

Although time has passed and emotional pain has lessened. I think it is now time to consider a explant. I have been researching it and I know I will not look "great" physically afterwards but I think the burden of having the implants will lessen after I explant. Gosh what an ordeal and probably the worst self inflicted experience I have gone through. I really hope anyone getting breast augmention consider the long term effects of what if things don't go as planned.

ask me for his name - no accountibility and his staff was downright rude.

Hi, i'm sorry you wen't through all of this. I know you will eventually find a PS capable of helping you. If this helps you, I think you don't look half as bad as you think you do. I recommend silicon bands for the scars, when they look better i think you look a lot better too.
You do not look bad at All, i know is hard to have the scars, have you tríed láser treatment? I saw a lady who did it and worked great. I am planning on doing it
Everything can be fixed, find the right PS to the job, you can still be happy with the results and enjoy the way you look . Good luck
Thanks
Why didn't he just fix the bottoming out after the second surgery?
He tried to fix the bottoming out but it held for about 3 months and than I was uneven again with a higher nipple.
So thats when I decided the lift and the smaller implant was the best option for me.. little did I know it made thing worse...
Yes they do not look bad but I am having problems with my left bottoming out and right getting capsular contractor and people tell me the same thing (they do not look bad) But beleive me when you are wearing them and trying to feel comfortable with the uneveness it is a struggle!!! I have also just had my 3 surgery...and I feel your pain!!! now Im scared of where to go next! and my surgeon was not only board certified but world renowned as well! Maybe some patients just don't have the body for implants! Because I honestly trust my surgeon and will probably use him again for my fourth surgery!!! In hopes that my body will finally accept my implants....Praying for you!!!
I think they looked great! The last pic, with scars is of course looks not very great bt they will heal.. I dont know others but I wouldnt mind having your boobs.. but it's you who carries them and look at them. If you're not happy then of course then maybe you should consider removing them and get a stem cell augmentation.. good luck!
I know what you mean by just wanting to 'fill out a bra again'. Your pre-surgery appearance was similar to mine. Gosh that right breast was a problem the whole way through. The left looks fine all the way through. The problem with the right breast, appear to ME, to be one of 'siding' out more so than 'bottoming' out and that it still evident even after your THIRD surgery. God you must feel frustrated! I actually don't think you necessarily needed a lift, so I think the surgeon made the right call in the first surgery. But it does seem that he has either over-dissected laterally (in particular) in the right breast (or your skin is in very poor condition there). You've probably had a gutfull of surgery. Those lift scars will fade in a few months and the overall impact is a definite improvement on your pre-surgery appearance. Yes I'd like to see that right breast implant brought inwards more, but from the sound of it he's not keen and you may be best to just call a halt to the whole thing here. You have a great upper body and something to fill a bra with - I know its very emotionally and financially expensive 'padding', and you had every reason to hope for more, but it may be 'live with it' time. Could you tell me whether the surgeon used smooth or textured implants? Gel or saline? Personally I think textured gel implants are better for stretched breasts because tissue ingrowth keeps them firmly adhered to the chest wall and they don't displace downwards (or outwards) as readily (more of an issue if your surgeon over-dissects) and the gel is firmer - overall a textured gel implants provides a 'stable mould' for the breast tissues to lie upon. Could you find out if your surgeon recognised the lateral/sideways movement and whether he paid attention to reinforce here as much if not more so than the posterior region? By the way, it seems you can't avoid that little bit of skin pulling from centre to underside after a lift (seen on left breast too), as the altered vector of pull on the skin created by the lift in the underside region causes it. I feel for what you've been through. I'm sure you will find a way to happiness and moving on, even if you decide no further surgery. Once those scars heal you'll be a lot happier. You still look better than before.
Hi and thank you for your input... My PS never admitted any pocket error?? They never do! Though my OR report states a lift was warrented on my left side but not enough for the scars that was from the 1st surgery. However there was never really a problem with my left it was always my right side.. The only reason why I went with the lift was because my PS assured me the lateral and down look of my right would be fixed by combining a smaller implant and perminant sutures along my armpit and cut my capsule along the bottom and roll it to move implant up. The OR report from that surgery does say that.. However SKILL comes into play here if your not doing alot of these revisions his technique may not be as good as some one who does LOTS of revisions... I think my lift is poor and did not accomplish what he said it would.. I would not trust him to reoperate on me.. 3 strikes your out!!! I asked SPECIFICALLY about my skin being an issue before the 3rd surgery, I said will my skin prevent me from obtaining the results I desired and since he has done 2 surgeries on me he should have said something and he DID NOT.He knew my skin and tissue quality it was all right there in front of him. Reasons for a lift are if the nipples fall belew the crease or is pointing down.. My nipple was below my crease and I think he should have called a lift in the first surgery and had my consent to do so.. my measurement nipple to collar bone was 20CM he should of and I will NEVER get that decision back.. I have suffered tremendously this year 3 surgeries and 3 down times not to mention the costs and my MARRIAGE my emotional well being has not been the same.. I have seeked emotional help because I am trying to put this behind me but I am so depressed I am on meds for that which I NEVER have been on before.. No one realizes the emotional toll it takes when you get a less than acceptable BA. There is significant pain and suffering when you feel this bad. I have asked for money back and he said no he wouldn't ... I think the skin between my breast medial i the cleavage area is unacceptable and I should be compensated for that.. I refuse to wear a bikini it looks terrible, my husband should not have to see me like that either and MY PS should be ashamed of those results. Bottom like he knew my skin ands tissue characteristics he should have said no to the lift if he could not handle it.. To answer your questions I have smooth rounds... I have consulted with 2 PS one has said I have bilateral bottoming out and both have lateral overdissection and double bubble.. Why should I accept these results with NO compensation???
Aslo I have saline... I am going to file a complaint to my states medical board. Wether my case has merit or not I will let the medical board decide. I have told his office manager that this is the route I am forced to take... They did not care they said they refuse to give me money back. I have complained of pain on my right side all along and it still hurts, one thing he said is that I should look into my insurance provider and see if they will help me wit this pain??? Are you kidding!! I have been taken advantage of and I hope this NEVER happens to anyone else agian!!
I agree with 'three strikes you're out'. I can hear what you have been through. Plastic surgery gone wrong can be very traumatic and far-reaching in its effects. The bottom line is can be reek utter DEVASTATION. The 'adjustment' takes time and demands from us mental changes that make us different people. All I can say is, go with the change... you will find there are pros to the changes inflicted upon you. Eventually, you WILL get to a point where you say 'stuff it' and get on with it. It may take months or years, but you WILL adjust because the human spirit wants to be joyful and will keep pushing to find a way. Its hard work mentally and emotionally - God I wish some of these surgeons got to try it sometime! Make a complaint by all means. Probably won't get you any compensation from my experience and the results will be declared 'reasonable', but its important to make written complaint to authorities so they have a handle on the industry (which is out of control in my opinion). Too many don't make formal complaint because there's nothing in it for them and some of us wear the legacy of that ommission.
That must be a typo-20 inches from your collar bone to nipple would leave your boobs hanging around your waist.
Nope no typo That is what I currently measure that is why I wanted the lift.. Before my first surgery I was 20cm and after my 450cc it was worse and NOW yes I am 20cm sad but true... That is why I am so mad!!
girl i really feel bad for you after spending hard earned cash to do something to boost your self esteem and ending up been so unhappy and on top of that to be insulted by his staff its terrible, Try and get other consults and see where you go from there. I have been down the same road by my PS and now in the process of getting fixed by another PS so i know how you feel, you have great surgeons in mahattan not far from NJ so do somehome work. All the best and let me hear yor results
Thanks ... I really hate the thought of another surgery and I am scared to trust another PS... but I hate how I look it is unacceptable to be left like that it is not an improvement at all... Sorry to hear you have been down this road too.. I have so much empathy for you!!
My PS said that 20 inches from collar bone to nipple is acceptable not when i measured that before implants... I got a bum deal!!
OOPs 20cm was meant
I don't understand-you have the scars from a lift but no lift? Mine was done 19 years ago but I had nice perky breast. I just don't get how you can have those scars without actually getting a breast lift? Why does he say they sag? What possible explanation does he come up with?
Thank you and i agree my results are sub par at best.. I am in NJ and I plan on going out of state to someone who does alot of revsions. I did go to baord certified surgeon it means noting if his skills are not as great as the next guys..
Agree. Board certified means NOTHING.

Hi anonymous,

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with going through so much and still ending up unhappy with your results!

After looking at your photos, I definitely do NOT think your surgeon did the best any surgeon could do. I've looked at thousands of before and after photos of breast lift and augmentation and know what kind of results are possible with the right surgeon. I think you are totally justified being unhappy with your results.

It probably sounds daunting now because you've already spent so much money on surgery, but I would get second and third opinions from other surgeons.

I'm not sure where you're located, but there are hundreds of board certified plastic surgeons practicing all over the US here: http://www.realself.com/find

Hang in there, and good luck :)