Huge Emotional Trauma - 3 Surgeries Before I Decided to Have Implants Removed

I had a horrible experience with Dr. T, who did...

I had a horrible experience with Dr. T, who did the original breast augmentation. He made the pockets too low and I had bottoming out 1 month after the surgery. The implants he suggested were Moderate Profile, which were too wide for my frame (I have a 28 inches ribcage). I didn't realize all those details then. I also had rippling of the left breast. Dr. T did not admit that he did anything wrong and did not want to correct the result.

Then I had 2 revision surgeries with Dr. F in Indiana. Those went horrible also. I've had bottoming out, symmastia and asymmetry. I would not recommend this doctor.

Eventually I had breast implants removed. A lot of money spent, a lot of complications and a huge emotional trauma. That's all.

Dr. Turowski (IL) and Dr. Frank (IN)

Explained in the text

was your removal not worth it? do you like your results? You marked not worth it for removal so just wondering.
I have not checked into your docs but i know mine is awesome and i still have had alot of complications But I would not blame them on my surgeon and i still recommend him to everyone...I think that maybe some people or just not plastic surgery material....like mine I am now trying to decide if I should have a fourth surgery now or wait a little longer!!!!If you decide to do this over again Def look for a surgeon who specializes in revision surgery or (fixing bad breast jobs)I knew the risks before I had my first surgery...just didn't think they would happen to me! :( as I have always healed wonderfully after trauma or surgeries! but plastic surgery is a whole different ball field! i found out the hard way too!
I too feel for you for what you have been through. The emotional trauma can be devastating, and so too the financial impact of the cost of repeat surgeries and extended time off work, sometimes many months. The 'complications' of cosmetic plastic surgery are put to us in the pre-surgery period as low-risk, neat little words with the briefest of factual description. The IMPACT of such complications is not spelled out. I guess we are expected to figure that ourselves. I think the vast majority of us go into it 'believing' it will be 10 days out of our lives then all back to normal looking and feeling better, and if anything does go wrong, that the surgeon will fix it in a timely manner with a minimum of fuss and without further charge (often forgetting hospital, theatre & anaesthetist fees are additional). Why do we believe these things?
"The 'complications' of cosmetic plastic surgery are put to us in the pre-surgery period as low-risk, neat little words with the briefest of factual description. The IMPACT of such complications is not spelled out." - very well said. You won't know all the details until you try for yourself. I don't believe what doctors say anymore.
I don't believe all that the doctors say either (unless it checks out with the medical literature), and that is because they have evolved to be as much 'salesmen' as 'doctors' because of the nature of the industry - lucrative, high demand services at the surgical end of the beauty industry. Its what they don't say that is the real problem. Its all the things left unsaid. Try selling your car telling all.
I am so so sorry things turned out this way.We shouldn't have to suffer to look and feel beautiful.I am going for my last chance surgery in the summer because of the same issues. This has to work out for me this last time.I have lost too much, financial as well as mental.I wish The GOOD honest surgeons would knock on our doors.I truly sincerely feel your horror, anger, and pain.Please don't give up though.Please.
Thank you! :) Looks like beauty requires suffering... Best of luck to you this time! I truly understand how you feel! I haven't decided yet what to do, leave things they way they are or try for breast implants one more time. It's just I am so scared things will go wrong again. Take care!
Sorry for you problems. Both surgeons are well trained and qualified plastic surgeons. I wish to extend you my sincere sorrow for your problems. Best to you Dr B in MIAMI
Thank you, Dr. B. I thought so too that they are well-trained. I guess, it does not guarantee a success. Every doctor has patients who are happy with the results and who are not. Amy
Just because both surgeons are well trained and qualified should justify what excatly??