Sad to Get Rid of my Twins.. but Necessary :(

Hello all! I had my BA almost 3 years ago and am...

Hello all! I had my BA almost 3 years ago and am now experiencing 24/7 pain, bottoming out, lateral displacement, and a slight double bubble. I started out a slightly empty 34D (VS sizing). I have 550cc smooth round saline implants which took me to a 30H. I got a quote for a revision, but it was pricey and not guaranteed to fix my problems. So explant it is... followed by a lift in the future if I need one. :( hope to hear from others in my situation! I'm sad that $6500 is being thrown down the drain but am looking forward to be pain-free!

Sad to Get Rid of my Twins.. but Necessary :(

totally confused on different ways to approach this procedure!

So I had my consult yesterday afternoon with another doctor in my area. He told me that my org. PS would give me the best price but that if he did the work, he would do a straight up implant removal while leaving the capsule behind and no pocket work... my capsules are thin and soft, I have no contracture... However my first consult (email) with a revision specialist in FL suggested implant removal under general anesthesia with capsule removal and pocket repair. He stated removing the capsule would prevent the remaining breast tissue from being sloppy (ie falling into my armpit) after explant. I have at least a full c cup of natural breast tissue that did not fall into my armpit before implants. The PS I met with yesterday told me it would still continue to fall into my armpit. I don't know which way to go. I plan on still meeting with my original PS to see what he says. He is a great surgeon, I just feel like I'm insulting his work by wanting to undo it. He also kind of upset me about a year ago by giving me a ridiculously high revision quote. I felt like his fee should've been discounted at least a small amount to make his work look the way it should. Ladies who have explanted already, did your PS give you the pros and cons of leaving the capsule behind? And which method did you go with? I thought this procedure would be a little more straight forward. :(
Either way I just want them OUT! UGH!

another consult scheduled for Jan. 7th

I have a consult with my original PS on Jan. 7th about removing these implants. I'm really anxious and just wanting this to be over with already! I've had 2 email consultations with two different doctors and 1 consult in person with a local PS. It's crazy how many different approaches there is to explanting. I'm still awaiting a quote from the local PS I consulted with and the two email consults gave me a quote for $4800 & $7000! I've been trying to weigh the pros and cons of explanting and I haven't really found any cons! Seems like a win-win either way!

The "pros"
*neck/back/shoulder and breast pain will be gone or greatly diminished.
*my boobs won't be stuck in my armpits anymore!
*I won't look so matronly in clothes
*I can torch the huge uncomfortable bras I have to order online that look like something my grandmother would wear and they itch like hell!
*I can shop at Victoria Secret again! They have soo many cute bras and bikinis now!

And the "cons"
*my real boobs won't look so great (but neither do these implants ugh)
*I wasted $6000 (but I'll chalk this up to being a very expensive learning experience!)
*I may need another surgery. (I.e. a lift which I probably needed before implants and will really motivate me to quit smoking.)
I'm definitely making the right decision!
Happy New Years Ladies!!

I set a date!! so excited!

Hello pretty ladies! I met with my original PS yesterday mainly for a botox and juvederm treatment (my Christmas gift from fiance that I've been dying to get done). While I was there I talked to him about the pain I have from these implants. He took his time with me and I never felt rushed. He was very understanding and suggested a simple removal under a local. I asked him his opinion on how likely it would be that I need a lift in the future, and he said very likely, but did not try to sell me on one. I have stretch marks on my breasts just from growing so my skin quality is not great, but maybe I'll get lucky. He did say that usually when implants are placed under the muscle the natural breasts will look similar to pre-op condition after explant. I'm praying really really hard to the fluffing fairy! What are you all using to aid in skin retraction?.. coconut oil??? I need any tips you can offer! Anyway, my price for explant is $350! I'm so grateful for him treating me so well! I paid in full and I am scheduled for Jan. 17th at 3pm!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! :)

they are out!!!...

Hello lovely ladies! I'm home resting on the couch after getting my implants out! :)
I'm not very sore, just uncomfortable. I actually enjoyed getting them out. Didn't need any sedative.
My PS automatically did a scar revision which I thought was sweet. (My scar was awesome before but he's a perfectionist.)
I was SHOCKED when I looked down! WOW what a difference! I feel like I have no boobs! Lol!
I have not looked at them in the mirror yet. I'm kind of scared to, but my curiosity is killing me!!
To be honest they did not look as bad as I thought they would looking down on them.
I'm praying to the Fluff Fairy now!!!
Here's pics of my empty implant shells :)
I'll post pics as soon as I look at them!

day after...

I'm one day post op and feeling sore. Can't get comfortable to sleep. My fiance has been wonderful and taking great care of me! :)
I haven't looked at the girls today, but I am attaching pics from a few hours post-op.
I am having gurgling sensations inside my boobs and my muscles seem to be spasming. Anyone else having these? :)
Xoxo

2 days post op

Feeling a little better today :)
I went to Victoria's Secret to find a better sports bra. The ones I had did not fit at all and/or gave me a uniboob. I bought their new Incredible Sports Bra in a 32D and I Love it! It makes me look normal right now and looks great under a tank top! It has cushioned straps and a cushioned underwire. Doesn't hurt my incisions at all but I added some cotton squares under it for more protection. It makes me feel sexy right now which I really need! My breasts are really sad right now and look terrifying if I bend over. But I am so happy to be free! I feel 10 lbs lighter up top! :)

Victoria's Secret Sports Bra

Here is my sexy new sports bra :) I found it comfortable at first but my incisions aren't ready for it full time yet. :(
When did you ladies find your incisions didn't hurt anymore?
Also I am super itchy! I want to rub my breasts again concrete! Why am I so itchy!! Geez! Nothing new today but my energy seems higher. I hope it stays that way! :)

Got my stitches out today!

I got my stitches out this morning! Between the stitches and the medical tape I was itching so bad!! It feels a lot better to have those out! Incisions look great and I'm allowed to start scar treatment. All I did last time was massage vitamin e oil in them and I always had to search for them to find them. I was getting a breast exam once by a GYN and she was like, "I thought you had on your chart that you have breast implants." I said, "I do." And she said, "Well I don't see any scars!" I laughed and told her that was the point! :) Anyways... I have not seen many changes since that first 24 hours. It seems that my boob 'defluff' after a shower. They get longer in hot water! Hahaha! Oh well.. I really don't give a damn. I feel so much better without them. I enjoy sex more as they are not in my way or falling into my armpit anymore. I look normal in clothes now and I still look fabulous in a Victoria's Secret push up bra! I can live with that! I still wear the 34D in VS but the band is a little big and I'm spilling over the cups slightly... I can't wait to go bra shopping! :)

Here's a pic!

This is from a couple days ago..

Ugh... The flu :(

I was in the midst of my recovery and came down with the flu! I feel terrible! I was so looking forward to getting some energy back and my back was feeling better and then this flu has knocked me on my ass! I can't wait to feel better! I'm dying to go to Victoria's Secret and buy bras! :(
I feel like poo!
My boobies haven't changed much. Getting real tired of wearing sports bras 24/7! I really don't think they are going to change very much more. I know it's only been a little over 2 weeks and I'm not sad about them but I'm being realistic. I'm totally happy I got those bags out! What a relief! Now if I could get rid of this bug!! ;)
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Stewart. He is always available when you need him. He cares about his patients. Does not rush you at appointments. He really listens to me and answers all questions. Great pre and post-op care. Awesome bedside manner. Minimal wait times for appointments