Finally!

Hello, girls! I have wanted an augmentation...

Hello, girls!

I have wanted an augmentation since I was 19 years old. Well, I have finally, at 37, decided that I am absolutely going for it! I've been checking this site out for the last few weeks, and googling like mad, and to be honest, I am SO overwhelmed right now. I haven't even selected a surgeon yet, but I think I will be contacting Dr. William Sabbagh in Bingham Farms this week, for my first consultation. I have questions about pretty much everything related to this, so any and all advice/information will be greatly appreciated! I will be sure to update here, but I've just started the ball rolling, so this is all there is for now. :) Thanks in advance for all your help...this site seems to be an awesome support system for us girls in the same situation! :)

Michael Freedland

They aren't exactly 'square,' just not as perfect as I'd like, I think. I know they WILL look perfect, based on how good they already look, I just have no patience lol
Congrats! High, tight and square are perfectly normal right now. Patience isn't easy, but the rewards are amazing. Think of it this way, you waited almost 20 years to get the girls, so a couple of months while they mature is nothing. You at least have them now, lol. I hope your recovery continues to go well. Be sure to take the time your body needs to recover. You don't want to jeopardize anything.
GBS, I'm so glad you're happy with your new additions. My ps said the same thing about massage. He feels that the only time it would really be beneficial is the first two days. Sometime during week 3 I decided I was tired of feeling so high & tight and started massaging anyway. I was also told to use heat after the first week but never felt the need to. I resorted back to the ice for a short time, when I started working out again because I started feeling a little puffy. Best of luck learning to be patient = )
OMG...the girls are....HUGE! I can't see my belly button, haha. The surgery went fantastic, but my recovery hasn't been as easy as some. I never realized how many different activities/actions recruit the chest muscles! I'm trying to keep still, but it's hard...things that seem like they'd be no big deal end up being really painful, so now I'm trying to just chill on the couch (like I should have been doing all along). Gained alot of weight because of anesthesia/pain pill 'stoppage,' but I know that this is just temporary. I strongly encourage the use of stool softeners, and I am so glad I listened to the girls on this site and had them on hand. On a positive note, I took my first shower on Saturday, and it felt like heaven. :) I absolutely can't wait until I can see the final results, as they are still sitting very high and tight, and a bit square. I think they're going to look great, though. Tried on my bikinis yesterday, and they are all too small! I think I'm going to have to go on a major spree once my final size is determined. All in all, I am very happy and I think this may be the best decision I have ever made for myself. :) The morning of surgery, I asked my surgeon about massage, since so many of the girls on here were/are doing it. He said he really didn't see a marked benefit to massage, but I could do it if it'd make me feel better. So, I am not massaging, but icing every hour for twenty minutes, and after a week, I have to apply heat compresses. I also asked if there was anything I could do to speed the dropping and fluffing, and was told I just have to be patient...NOT my strong suit lol. I need to figure out how to edit my original post, as I paid a different amount, and had it done somewhere else, and can't figure out how to do that. As soon as I can figure that out, I'll post some pics as well. Thanks for asking about me, and I hope all my boobie sisters are well! :)
Hey gbs, how're the girls?
How are you doing? Did everything go well for you? Let us know how you like the new girls!
Only 2 more days till Boobie Day!!. I bet you are so excited!
For the last week, I have been terrified...mostly of the dreaded Frankenboob. For some reason, a few days ago, the fear just disappeared and now I am so excited, I don't even know how to act! I know for sure I won't be able to sleep tomorrow night! :)
Like you, I had this same fear! I even showed my doc pictures and begged him to make sure I didn't look like that. Haha.
Thanks, wanna b! :) Wow....I'm on this site for hours every night, and forgot I started this thread. Well, since I started it, I went to a few consults, and have my surgery scheduled for October 25 with Dr. Michael Freedland. Yes, this Thursday! For the last week or so, I've been hit hard with fear and worry (fear of the anesthesia and the possibility of Frankenboobs, etc), and because of that, I haven't really slept much. Then, yesterday all of a sudden, I became excited and the fear just disappeared. I slept well last night, for the first time in many, many nights. I am really excited to finally be doing something that I've wanted since I was 19 years old. Oh, and my stats....5'2'', 130 lbs, athletic build, getting 475cc Natrelle HP silicone, under the muscle :)
I'm about the same frame as you...I'm going with 450 moderate profile plus. I am scared too of the frankenboob, but know in the long run it's got to be better than what I got going on now...which just isn't much!! So you go girl!! Post up some results so we can see how fabulous you are!
Agreed, Armywife....pretty much anything will be better than the 'nothing' I have now. So sick and tired of leaving my boobs on the floor with my bulletproof bra! I will post as soon as i am able. When is your surgery?
Can't wait to see pics!!
Hi Gbs thanks for starting your story here at RS? As for advice, you'll find tons of ideas here but don't take everything as gospel. After you select you board certifed plastic surgeon talk to him/her. I made the mistake of rushing to purchase front closure sports bras because so many others were told to and my PS told me no bra for 6 weeks and then, they didn't fit. I also never had to wear the dreaded strap. Keep posting your concerns and dreams. We'll be here to listen and support you.
Thanks for the help already! I can tell you for sure, that I am already addicted to this website! I've racked up tens of hours so far, and I think that's just the beginning. I will definitely check out the links you suggest. Thanks so much! :)

I'm so glad you found us! Be sure to check out these links in the breast aug forum:

• 10 Things I Wish I'd Known About Breast Augmentation

• What to set up and buy before your breast aug surgery

Please keep us posted on how your first consultation goes. And don't be afraid to go to two or three different doctors (or more) until you find the right one!

Welcome! There are so many profiles to read it's hard to know where to begin. Everyone's experience is a bit different, so don't be surprised if you become addicted to this site. I was from the minute I found it. I still am, and I'm 4 months post op now. My advice is to see a least 3 board certified plastic surgeons. Let them know what end result you are looking for and then compare their recommendations. Take a look at pictures that seem to be close to what they want to do and see how you like the finished results. Always look at pictures of their actual before and after work. One doc I went to wanted to do an incision around my nipple. After looking at her before & afters, I knew I didn't want her doing that to me. Once you've exhausted yourself with research and comparisons, the only next step is to jump in and do it. Make the best decision you can, and pray that it all works out the way you want. Most of the time it does, and you end up with awesome boobies! We all have a different idea of what awesome is, but on this site that doesn't matter. Everyone is so supportive and helpful. I hope you enjoy this process as much as I did. Keep updating, never be afraid to ask question, read everything and you will find a bunch of new friends to help you along the way.