Just Did It This Morning, Extremely Painful Procedure! - Branford, CT

I had the back of my thighs done this morning. 8...

I had the back of my thighs done this morning. 8 squares on each leg. I paid $2,700. I thought the procedure itself was VERY painful!! My doctor had to keep stopping to give me more lidocaine. He said he's never seen anyone be as uncomfortable as I was. He thought I might be do to low body fat?? Or he was just trying to make me feel better and I'm really just a wimp. I'm about 4 hours postoperative, no medication, just antibiotic. He did give me painkillers. I chose not to take them since I had to pick my kids up from school. I feel fine now. I mean, I'm not going to go running, but I'm not uncomfortable. So far so good, just swalln and weepy insciscions. 2 punch holes on each leg.

I'll post pics in 2 weeks at my first followup. I am 36, 137 lbs and hav 3 kids. I'm a triathlete and very athletic. Ive had Cellulite since about 20 years old. Running, bikin and swimming lost e Rey single day and cellulite won't budge!!!

Stay tuned......

I am now 3 days post op. I feel sore, like after a...

I am now 3 days post op. I feel sore, like after a marathon but no need for pain meds. Toughest part is maybe getting in and out of the car. I'm going to try and go for a light jog this afternoon. Draining has 100% stopped and I have a lot of bruising. Still have swelling as well.

I decided not to run, but I biked on my road bike...

I decided not to run, but I biked on my road bike for an hour with interval training. And yes, I wore my compression garment. It was great. No pain or discomfort. Just sweet more with the extra clothes. I'm going to attempt to add two post op photos. I'll have to get my preop at my ne. Visit. I chose not to take them since they were so horrible!!

I am a little sore and have some tingling going on...

I am a little sore and have some tingling going on. I ran a 5k race this morning ( 4 days post cellulaze) . Nothing major to report, still bruised, still swollen. No discomfort.

Tomorrow is one week postop. I am still VERY...

Tomorrow is one week postop. I am still VERY SWOLLEN. I have worked out everyday so that might attribute to still having a lot of swelling. I am opting to bike, not run since the pounding still kinda hurts. (Besides running the race) iI have way more bruising on one side. happens to be the side i found more painful During the procedure too. I'm looking forward to feeling like myself again. I've worn the garment 24/7 too, even working out. I'll post picks tomorrow.

I don't have new pictures, my doc wants to wait...

I don't have new pictures, my doc wants to wait for the "full" result. To me, that's because it still looks awful! Same but worse with the skin color looking darker. Not bruised but shadowed.
I am still hopful..... I'm trying not too look?
On the brighter side for all you athletes, I ran for the first time today without spanks. Was a tiny punchy on the sides of my thighs for the first few hundred yards but ran 8 miles no problem. I'm free from the garment!!!!!

I am training for an ironman in August. I hope with all this training and cellulaze, I'll actually walk around the beach without a coverup soon!

Update 3 months

Well, I am not sure if I see improvement. It's do hard to turn and look at your own butt with the right light while taking a picture. I'm still reserving my final thumbs up or thumbs down for the 6 month anniversary. But I will post pictures and let you all c if there is a difference. We seem to be harder on ourselves!

More photos

Update pics 5 months

What do you think? Does it look better??
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

I googled searched " cellulaze". Only 2 docs poped up. The other wanted to charge me $150 consult fee, non refundable even if I wasn't Candidate. Dr Goodkind was awesome! My consult was free, and he was so nice, patient and his staff was also great! Highly recommend!

HI there, very intrigued on this procedure especially because i have tried everything in the book and no improvement on cellulite...how does it look at the moment? I know it takes up to 6 months to see full results...Does your skin feel like is more loose like less elasticity or better?...thanks so much
At 5 months you look great, I definitely see improvement. How are you doing today? Did you improve further? Was there any skin discoloration left behind or has that completely resolved? You results at your 5 month mark really do look GREAT!

Just following up, curious to see if you see further improvement, not that more is needed as you look amazing! You are in such great shape! Are you happy with your final results?

Wow...you look great! Well, what we can see of you looks amazingly firm and like a no-cellulite zone to me, and there's nothing wrong with my vision. And your @$$ looks totally fabulous--there's absolutely no "saggage" whatsoever! You may be the demure and modest sort, or you may be like my younger sister, (who would have no problem running around buck naked) but now you can rock a string bikini anywhere without inhibition or feeling embarrassment.
Thank you for the detailed review.  Do you think you have improvement?  Was it worth the down time?
I did not have the Cellulaze procedure done, so I could not give it a review. If you read my comment, you will see that ultimately I decided to try the massage as an alternative, and I think that is all you need in most cases as a viable alternative to Cellulaze. I was under the impression that *nothing* would get rid of cellulite, so I started researching things online besides Cellulaze, since some plastic surgeons aren't entirely convinced it even works that well. Thus, I was pretty damn tickled to see the results I've been getting with the Finulite. I don't think you are asking about whether I have improvement from the 2 vascular procedures, or whether they're worth the down time, since this is a forum discussing cellulite. I was just offering my two bits about an alternative treatment that has about the same success rate, is safe, and dirt cheap. All it costs you is a little time every day, and a little perspiration, i.e. the effort you exert in doing a vigorous massage. I strongly suggest you read the reviews for the Finulite massage "mitt" on Amazon. Now they've improved the weak hand strap--the only design flaw--I cannot really say anything negative about it. There are many other techniques one can use to massage tissue & release trapped toxins, from those suction cups, to dry brushes, to ol' fashioned manual massage. The reviews just give you an idea of how well massage can work.
I just had procedures on both legs for vascular repair, as I had valve failure in one and the beginning signs of it in the other. Due to the resulting poor circulation (pre-prodedure) I had acquired really dreadful-looking cellulite on the fronts and inner sides of my thighs, as well as the usual minor amount at the base of my butt. Talk about demoralizing, and I had never had any cellulite at all in my 20s or 30s. I was really into the idea of getting Cellulaze after my circulatory issues were fixed, but since the bruising and edema from those procedures have subsided, I have been using message as my primary treatment for the cellulite for now. I have a Salux Japanese wash cloth which works great as a massager in the bath, and I use a dry body brush 2 or 3 times a week, which is supposed to help, too, but the thing I think is *really* working is my Finulite massage "brush", just a manual massage tool that has a strap to hold it on the hand while you use it, and smooth rubber projections that look like rounded teeth, as well as some bead like massagers on the part that touches your skin. I'd read about the benefits of massage as a way to release the trapped toxins that are trapped/stored in those nasty fat cells which resist burning like normal fat, maybe because they get clogged with trapped toxins and impurities which don't get filtered out easily the way they do from normal tissue. I'm not sure why that is, and I wasn't even sure it would make one bit of difference, but I started doing it *vigorously* once a day for a few minutes on each trouble area, using Nivea Skin Firming Cellulite gel as a lubricant. (I know creams and potions don't get rid of cellulite, but I figured it might have some benefits used as a lubricant along with massage.) The thing that's great about a manual tool is, you control the speed, intensity, type of motion, etc. totally. It never hurts so you needn't be afraid of doing it pretty hard. Anyway, the upshot is, that if I did not see these results with my own eyes, I would not have believed them. This is astounding, in just a few days, to see that dramatic a difference. The horrifyingly lumpy appearance of the fat is reduced by over half already. It is so much smoother it's hard to believe. I work out regularly and I don't have that much fat overall on my thighs, butt, etc. And this has made what there is markedly smoother in a short time. I read online about a woman who was really miserable and self-consciouss about the cellulite on her upper arms, and could not afford Cellulaze, so she massaged the daylights out of it in the shower for 10 minutes a day, over a period of 6 weeks. At the end of that period, there was no visible cellulite. It stands to reason that this is a good way to keep it from returning, as well. I plan to keep up the massage for about 5 more weeks-- well, permanently, but to go from there and assess whether or not anything as drastic (and expensive) as Cellulaze would be justified.
Four months post op now. Still really itchy in treated area. Also still dark bruise in and around treated area. I hope I haven't changed one problem for another "different" problem. I'm deeply concerned at this point. I may have wasted $ 8,000 for nothing. I'll post at six months and beyond.
The pics show improvement but as you know it also depends on the light what do you think, have you done anything else like velashape or massages?
Have not done velashape or message. Just running biking and swimming everyday. I do think it looks better, but I'm also training like crazy so have never been in better shape! I think it looks better on lower thigh above knee, same on upper thigh under butt. Ill wait one more month to give my final review
I had vasersmooth a week ago, I'm still brushed but no significant pain. I did do this procedure under general as part of a larger procedure . I don't expect to see any results for several weeks, with final results in 3-6 months.
Would ANY of you who have had this Cellulaze treatment PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some updated pictures!!!!
I also had my procedure done by dr goodkind, I am two weeks post procedure and still some swelling and numbness. I was in a lot of pain during the procedure but nothing I couldn't handle. I had my butt done since that was my problem area. I am also very active 5'1 106lbs and I really hope to see results soon.
Good luck on your healing process, I hope you see wonderful results. Please continue to keep us all updated here, it's really helpful, it will assist in our decision making process here, esp. since I had a consultation with the same doc.
Ironman!!! You go girl! Waiting to see final results pics.

Thanks for the review! I will book a consult and see if I am candidate! I'm 34 had cellulite on back of thighs since late 20s!! Hate it!!! I'm 110lbs and after 2 babies under 2 I have bounced back to myself now its time for the finishing touches!! I don't even allow my husband to look ...Bermuda shorts are my saving grace in the summer but everythg else is in tact! Great knowing I'm not the only one cursed with this!!!:). I will post my pics

I had a consultation recently with Dr Goodkind regarding this procedure. So I'm very interested in your progress. Please let us know how your doing and if you feel it was worth the pain and expense.

Did you do it? How are you feeling?
No I haven't done the procedure yet. I'm waiting on 2 possible things, I'm hoping to hear you love your results and it all was worth it, and I figure the summer time really isn't the time to do this being you have to wear that compression garment. I take too many vacations and do wear a bikini in the summer. Mine is all in the front and inner thighs, and I'm only 115 lbs, it's heredity in my case, but with a tan I can get away with it for right now. This is the first procedure that sounds like it possibly can be a permanent major improvement I was quoted 6k by Goodkind, so that's not as easy to rush into either. Thanks for keeping us all posted here.
So, how are the results at this point? Would you recommend this procedure?
It will be 2 weeks this Tuesday. It is too early for me to say if I would recommend. I'm still swollen, so the cellulite is gone, but I have bruising still, pain, and a hardness to my skin that is not natural. I think it is the edema. Once the bruising and swelling goes away I will post my review. I'll also add my pre-op photos and my two week photos soon.
Thanks for your update, I went yesterday to see a dr that does vasersmooth which is very similar to cellulaze the only difference is that it works with ultrasound instead of laser. I haven't made up my mind yet wether to do one or the other one they both seem too painful to be done under local anesthesia :(
I won't lie, I found it painful! However, it was short and the whole time I just kept thinking it was worth the pain to get ride of the cellulite..... That thought got me through it. Lets now hope it works! I don't know anything about vastersmooth...... Good luck!
Your pics look awesome you barely have any bruising good luck and please keep posting:)