Botox Caused One of my Eyelids to Droop

Well, it was pretty neat for about 24 hrs. as the...

Well, it was pretty neat for about 24 hrs. as the lines between my eyes were smoothed out. The 2nd day when I got up, my eyelid felt a little funny. I was having breakfast with my daughter and she noticed it looked a little strange. I didn't think much about it then. By that evening when I went out with my husband, my eye lid was drooping even more. Each day getting droopier. But the 4th day, it wouldn't open anymore - I had no control over it.

I was devastated and called the doctor who claimed he didn't know why. I was prescribed a medicine that is used for patients with glaucoma. (One of the side effects is that the eye's open wide) Well, it didn't work for me. I had to go to work every day but couldn't hold my eye open. So I devised a plan to tape my eye open with flesh colored tape like you would get in a doctor's office. I did this every morning for about 3 months. It was awful!

I lied to people about what happened to my eye. I was too embarrased to tell them I had Botox injections. But now I tell my story whenever I hear that someone is thinking about getting it. Can you say NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Deborah P Schwartz