Botox and Droopy Lid

The only con is the droopy lid. I hate it that I...

The only con is the droopy lid. I hate it that I spent so much money and can't enjoy any of the benefits of the botox because my eye looks so awful.

How long does droopy eyelid last? I had a very small amount of Botox injected.

I have read it a hundred times since I had my...

I have read it a hundred times since I had my botox done.  It's VERY important to research the person doing your injections.  Botox isn't something to take lightly.  Having a nurse do mine was my mistake. I'm not saying that there aren't nurses qualified to do botox.  But, in my case she injected too deeply and too low.  I have had consultations with two other cosmetic surgeons since my droopy lid.  They both said the same thing.  Too low, and too deep.  After 6 weeks and my eye finally looking better, I can say that I will have botox again.  I will be more careful with my choice of injector.  Human beings do make mistakes.  If the mistakes can be stopped they should be.  No one knows how horrible this experience is unless they have been through it.  Doctors on this website that haven't had it happen to them shouldn't act like it's no big deal.  Obviously anyone who is having botox done cares about their appearance.  Having a droopy or closed eyelid is going to affect the way you feel about yourself.  When you shell out hundreds of dollars to look better, you expect to look better.  I personally got NO refund from the office that did my botox and some other procedures.  I will NEVER return to them....not only because of the droopy lid, but because of their lack of concern for me.  It's no big deal....unless it happens to you!

I will probably do the botox again. It really depends on how long the droopy eye lasts. I do see a huge difference in the area between my eyes. This was my first time for botox, and I had a nurse do it. The doctor reserves his time for surgeries. I feel I made a mistake by not having the plastic surgeon do my injections.

I had the same thing happen TWICE to me!!! First time by a Nurse who has been doing this AND teaching it for over 20 years, second time by a Plastic surgeon. According to the PS, she said botox is not for me, it seems to migrate or affect my right side eye even both times they claimed they did not inject anything near my eye. Whatever, I don;t think I would like to try this a third time and suffer for 2 months until my eyes look normal
I requested a refund from the practitioner to no avail unfortunately, shes not interested and has tried to resolve by adding more botox into my forehead to lift my heavy brow, didn't work not that I really expected it to, she has offered to refer me onto another colleague of hers as she doesn't know how to help me any-more, I have refused I have been to discuss with another practitioner whose independent and couldnt believe I had been injected again in that area as it wouldnt have made any difference she has given me advice to massage the area to help the muscle work much more quickly and I've had 3 small amounts of botox above my brow to try and help lift but no avail but was told it may or may not work. I return on Monday for a follow up consultation. This whole thing has been a nightmare from start to finish I am so self concious, just really disheartened by the whole thing.
Wow. The practitioner won't refund you? That's insane. I would list their name and number here.
The practice should refund. You should write them a letter and be stern about it. I have had different procedures done over the years, plastic, orthopaedic that ended disastrously and all I received are excuses that it's all 'science'. But when a doctor recommends an optional elective surgery and you're damaged to the point that you can no longer work, someone other than yourself should have to compensate you. I agree, doctors should take it seriously and stop covering for others in their profession. A doctor should go the most conservative route first. Botox is conservative but if not administered properly disfigured. This is a great support system here.
A refund, yes. But there is not much a doctor can do after the fact, when the Botox is misplaced or migrates because the client touched the area or what have you. The fact is that unintended consequences are common and the only way to prevent them is to not have the injections. I gave up Botox and have just focused on being happy and relaxed, as opposed to stressed out and frowning. Plus, there's his great noninvasive product called Frownies, stickers that will immobilize the muscles overnight. They work great.
I have tried those brownies after hearing a celebrity (can't think of her name at the moment but she's Spanish I think, has a wig line and is probably in her 60s and looks gorgeous) say she used them to stay youthful looking. I think those techniques particularly work well when you start them younger when wrinkles are just starting. I had Botox in my upper eyelids and the do tor never told me not to touch the area. I agree with you, at some point we have to embrace ourselves unless we have endless amounts of money and many of us do not. I have started to give up a bit on the fact that I'm getting up there and there's nothing I can do to stop it. At the same time, I still want to look good so I'm willing to do certain things I can afford to help. I always admire women who embrace their age and are confident, I wish I could be that way, it certainly is a happier, easier way to live. Us women are constantly being bombarded with images of beautiful women and our society has put on us unrealistic expectations far too long.
Happened to me too. He said it wasn't his fault. Won't refund. Gave me eye drops which after a while formed a small white cyst in corner of my eye that WAS NOT there before. Said it wasn't from eye drops and it will cost me $300 to remove. Seriously what happened to customer service these days? How bout since I made you look horrible for 3 months with a lazy eye, how bout I take that out for you since I created the side effect for free. Nope not a chance.
This happened to me I feel so depressed and its awful looking odd and uneven I spent alot of time saving for this and to end up with this result its driving me nuts. I dont go out my confidence is rock bottom.. Time cant pass quick enough till it wears off I wont ever have it again.
Just to let you all know on this comment line my eye droop did resolve just as fast as it did occur, within 2 weeks,so it ks normal and all is good. I can say for the positive, I still have NO wrinkles at all! So it does work. I think it would be good to start out at a low level at first to get you use to it.
I did use Visine eye drops which counter acts the affect of botox in my eye and it did resolve it self within a week.
Slocket, how severe was your droop? A mild droop will resolve itself in a couple weeks--though that is still 14 days that you have to go out looking unnatural--but a severe droop will take months, as mine did. Visine is a pretty weak drug and no one should rely on it to improve droop.
That's still 14 days to go out looking strange/unnatural/more unattractive than ever. And it's not that you don't have wrinkles at all--you have no wrinkles in the affected area but you will still show your age in other places. I am Botox-free for one year after five years of continued use with no regrets and I recommend people think twice before risking ptosis.
I would say it was mild considering some of the photos I seen. I looked a bit like Spock in the eyebrow and mild droop, I could still see. the Visine eye drops took it out quite quickly. I think they should use very little botox to make sure it works well and not risk over doing it.
Mine was severe, lasted 3 months. It sucked and was embarrassing. People thought I had a stroke.
It's more than a year later and if I'm very tired I still have a slight (1 mm or so) droop in the affected eyelid. I'm telling you--Botox, never again.
Do not drink a lot of alcohol on botox, I discovered it makes it so much more stronger affect and it is bad. It becomes like a super sedative affect.
Happen to me too. they really do not tell everything that can happen and how weird it feels. it was especially first time for me only 50 dollars, but no way again. Staying with injectables for forehead wrinkles first and last no more botox for me. Scared the hell out of me. 4 days I hope it does not get any worst about like here. it does indeed get rid of medium wrinkle like a miracle. I found that at 48 I look 32 to 34 but if the woman I am trying to impress is that shallow not to love me for who I am, I am not doing this any more after this first time. It feels creepy.
It has been 10 months since the injection that caused the droop, and I have full mobility again. After having used Botox regularly for five years, between the ages of 30 and 35, and having become pretty dependent on it, I have to say that I am really happy to be Botox-free. I used to get Botox in three areas: my frown lines, my upper forehead, and crow's feet. I was addicted to it and obsessed with maintaining how I looked in my 20s. Now, being Botox-free for 10 months, I feel liberated and happy. I realize that what I was trying to treat when I started using Botox at the age of 30 was the underlying cause of my frown lines--basically the stress in my life. Since I resolved the problem (got divorced, improved my career), I don't need to frown anymore. I used to rely on Botox to keep myself from frowning and from looking angry, but that's because I WAS angry. Now when I feel myself frown or squint in anxiety, I remind myself to relax, and I'm happy to report this has become beneficial to all aspects of my life. I don't envision ever returning to Botox.
In my opinion having botox injected incorrectly resulting in weeks of deformity is a very valid reason for a refund at the very least, and if they won't give you one, you should shame them into giving you one. If this was any other business then telling this story on twitter, facebook, google etc would scare them into doing right by you, but because it's cosmetic and people generally don't want others to know they've had work done, these shonky practices get away with murder. I say we all admit we're vain and have botox and that way we can get a decent standard of service in this industry.
This happened years ago, but looking back I agree with you. I wish I would've been more aggressive with the doctor's office. I think I was in shock at their lack of concern and just wanted to move on.

There is a great forum discussion going specifically about droopy eyelids from Botox:

Did you get droopy eyes after Botox?

The premiere facial surgeon in my area injected me last week and for the first time ever in years of getting Botox, I got a droopy eye and boy is it bad! I have a dull pain over my eye and out towards my hairline. Is this normal? I thought I had an infection but am convinced now that its from the injection. Thoughts?
I am a nurse who has been injecting Botox for over 7 years. I have never had a patient get a droopy eye. I inject about 30 patients a week. Droopy eyelids are related to injector pattern being incorrect as well as patient follow through post injections. I myself sometimes get puffy eyelids after I have Botox injected in my glabella but it resolves itself in three to four days. Eyelid ptosis(droop) and puffy eyelids are two totally different things by the way. If you get eyelid droop using Clear Eyes( Naphcon) for a few days will help. Visible will not. And eyebrow drop us relates to injections in the forehead not in between the eyes. And I can tell you from many years of injecting, it is a science and every forehead is different. Do not buy Groupons for Botox and do not go to salons or meds pas. Stick to a Dermatology office. They are the safest and most experienced injectors. And touch ups should be free!!
No kidding found out the hard way, droop eyebrow. I feel dizzy
I'm so sorry this happen to you, but I have to disagree . I recently had Botox done be plastic surgeon and it is a disaster ! In the past 5 yrs I ve had it done by nurses , PA, MD and its been great , until now :( So, do your research and plastic surgeon does not guarantee good results .