Botox and Droopy Lid

The only con is the droopy lid. I hate it that I...

The only con is the droopy lid. I hate it that I spent so much money and can't enjoy any of the benefits of the botox because my eye looks so awful.

How long does droopy eyelid last? I had a very small amount of Botox injected.

I have read it a hundred times since I had my...

I have read it a hundred times since I had my botox done.  It's VERY important to research the person doing your injections.  Botox isn't something to take lightly.  Having a nurse do mine was my mistake. I'm not saying that there aren't nurses qualified to do botox.  But, in my case she injected too deeply and too low.  I have had consultations with two other cosmetic surgeons since my droopy lid.  They both said the same thing.  Too low, and too deep.  After 6 weeks and my eye finally looking better, I can say that I will have botox again.  I will be more careful with my choice of injector.  Human beings do make mistakes.  If the mistakes can be stopped they should be.  No one knows how horrible this experience is unless they have been through it.  Doctors on this website that haven't had it happen to them shouldn't act like it's no big deal.  Obviously anyone who is having botox done cares about their appearance.  Having a droopy or closed eyelid is going to affect the way you feel about yourself.  When you shell out hundreds of dollars to look better, you expect to look better.  I personally got NO refund from the office that did my botox and some other procedures.  I will NEVER return to them....not only because of the droopy lid, but because of their lack of concern for me.  It's no big deal....unless it happens to you!

I will probably do the botox again. It really depends on how long the droopy eye lasts. I do see a huge difference in the area between my eyes. This was my first time for botox, and I had a nurse do it. The doctor reserves his time for surgeries. I feel I made a mistake by not having the plastic surgeon do my injections.

Yes,if one looks at the positive side of it all, it is super not to see that frown and little crow'sfeet on the side of eyes...and also what I NOW KNOW IS THE FACT THAT PLASTIC SURGEONS ARE NOT ALWAYS THE BEST INJECTORS... sometimes the nurse or trainee is more careful and experienced with the injections.
Can one develop a droopey eye after 2 weeks since botox ? Everything was okay until now ? I,ve been so careful , immediately after botox I followed all the instructions and then I read on somebody's comment that one is not suppose to scratch if this itches, which happened to me but 2 weeks after treatment in tample and brow area...what about cleansing and massaging one's face during daily exfoliation routine ? The doctor only warned me not to lie down immediately after botox , and I can honestly say I was even too scared that evening to lie down.I now have a droopey eye.
I've heard you can but these doctors don't give you any instructions about how to take care of it after. I read you are not supposed to itch either or you can spread the Botox to other areas. Try not to rub them anymore and it will wear off when the Botox does or sooner. Try warm compresses on your eyes. The Neurologist had me lie down and this is a big NO NO. You are to have this done in an upright position and sitting up for at least three hours after. My droopy eyelid happened two days after injection.This was over two months ago and still is not totally gone. As it turned out I was treated for the wrong thing and so the Botox made my condition worse.
Thanks for this info, I appreciate your feedback. I just find it so strange that it could happen after a 2 week period.
I had the same thing happen TWICE to me!!! First time by a Nurse who has been doing this AND teaching it for over 20 years, second time by a Plastic surgeon. According to the PS, she said botox is not for me, it seems to migrate or affect my right side eye even both times they claimed they did not inject anything near my eye. Whatever, I don;t think I would like to try this a third time and suffer for 2 months until my eyes look normal
I requested a refund from the practitioner to no avail unfortunately, shes not interested and has tried to resolve by adding more botox into my forehead to lift my heavy brow, didn't work not that I really expected it to, she has offered to refer me onto another colleague of hers as she doesn't know how to help me any-more, I have refused I have been to discuss with another practitioner whose independent and couldnt believe I had been injected again in that area as it wouldnt have made any difference she has given me advice to massage the area to help the muscle work much more quickly and I've had 3 small amounts of botox above my brow to try and help lift but no avail but was told it may or may not work. I return on Monday for a follow up consultation. This whole thing has been a nightmare from start to finish I am so self concious, just really disheartened by the whole thing.
Wow. The practitioner won't refund you? That's insane. I would list their name and number here.
Mine was a flop and ;'m sure they would laugh in my face if I asked for my $850 back.
To refund you they would have to admit they made a mistake and that will never happen. My doctor said it's a risk you take, I think it should come with before and after instructions. My doctor had me ly down and I read you are supposed to be in an upright position for the injections and 3-4 hours after or it increases the risk of droopy eyelid. I'm into my 4th week and just starting to feel an improvement but a long ways to go.I confronted him with this and he didn't remark.
The practice should refund. You should write them a letter and be stern about it. I have had different procedures done over the years, plastic, orthopaedic that ended disastrously and all I received are excuses that it's all 'science'. But when a doctor recommends an optional elective surgery and you're damaged to the point that you can no longer work, someone other than yourself should have to compensate you. I agree, doctors should take it seriously and stop covering for others in their profession. A doctor should go the most conservative route first. Botox is conservative but if not administered properly disfigured. This is a great support system here.
A refund, yes. But there is not much a doctor can do after the fact, when the Botox is misplaced or migrates because the client touched the area or what have you. The fact is that unintended consequences are common and the only way to prevent them is to not have the injections. I gave up Botox and have just focused on being happy and relaxed, as opposed to stressed out and frowning. Plus, there's his great noninvasive product called Frownies, stickers that will immobilize the muscles overnight. They work great.
I have tried those brownies after hearing a celebrity (can't think of her name at the moment but she's Spanish I think, has a wig line and is probably in her 60s and looks gorgeous) say she used them to stay youthful looking. I think those techniques particularly work well when you start them younger when wrinkles are just starting. I had Botox in my upper eyelids and the do tor never told me not to touch the area. I agree with you, at some point we have to embrace ourselves unless we have endless amounts of money and many of us do not. I have started to give up a bit on the fact that I'm getting up there and there's nothing I can do to stop it. At the same time, I still want to look good so I'm willing to do certain things I can afford to help. I always admire women who embrace their age and are confident, I wish I could be that way, it certainly is a happier, easier way to live. Us women are constantly being bombarded with images of beautiful women and our society has put on us unrealistic expectations far too long.
Happened to me too. He said it wasn't his fault. Won't refund. Gave me eye drops which after a while formed a small white cyst in corner of my eye that WAS NOT there before. Said it wasn't from eye drops and it will cost me $300 to remove. Seriously what happened to customer service these days? How bout since I made you look horrible for 3 months with a lazy eye, how bout I take that out for you since I created the side effect for free. Nope not a chance.
It's a fact of life women and God's plan. You know it's phony when a woman is 70 and not a wrinkle but a false smile and looks like her face is going to break if she smiles. I'd rather have mine natural. I'm 67 and have hardly any wrinkles and all I use is over the counter products. Robin McGraw (Dr. Phil) has a product called NEW REVELATIONS It's natural and works.
Devastating. I think these doctors should be ashamed.
I read your comments and fully agree with you and Becky...I'm determined to stop frowning and rather spend that botox money on good skincare products. I've had it all...facelift, jag-laser, fatfraft ...and I'm broke. Yes, to look after yourself as well as you can and try to avoid stress and negative people..Nice to see I'm not alone.
This happened to me I feel so depressed and its awful looking odd and uneven I spent alot of time saving for this and to end up with this result its driving me nuts. I dont go out my confidence is rock bottom.. Time cant pass quick enough till it wears off I wont ever have it again.
Go buy yourself a new pair of shoes. Same results and you will fee better and the shoes won't give you droopy eye.
Didn't mean the above to sound like that. I just meant if you want to make yourself feel better there are other ways.
Just to let you all know on this comment line my eye droop did resolve just as fast as it did occur, within 2 weeks,so it ks normal and all is good. I can say for the positive, I still have NO wrinkles at all! So it does work. I think it would be good to start out at a low level at first to get you use to it.
I did use Visine eye drops which counter acts the affect of botox in my eye and it did resolve it self within a week.
Slocket, how severe was your droop? A mild droop will resolve itself in a couple weeks--though that is still 14 days that you have to go out looking unnatural--but a severe droop will take months, as mine did. Visine is a pretty weak drug and no one should rely on it to improve droop.
That's still 14 days to go out looking strange/unnatural/more unattractive than ever. And it's not that you don't have wrinkles at all--you have no wrinkles in the affected area but you will still show your age in other places. I am Botox-free for one year after five years of continued use with no regrets and I recommend people think twice before risking ptosis.
I would say it was mild considering some of the photos I seen. I looked a bit like Spock in the eyebrow and mild droop, I could still see. the Visine eye drops took it out quite quickly. I think they should use very little botox to make sure it works well and not risk over doing it.
Mine was severe, lasted 3 months. It sucked and was embarrassing. People thought I had a stroke.