Ready for a New Look! - Boston, MA

I've never had elected surgery before but I...

I've never had elected surgery before but I finally decided to research this and get it done. I'm excited but very anxious and a bit scared. I had my son when I was 17, I'm 33 now and ready to have a flat and stretch-mark free tummy! ** will post "before" pics soon

Two more days until to surgery! I have one more...

Two more days until to surgery! I have one more grocery run to do. I'm trying to stock up on the really heavy items like juices, water, etc so that I don't do any lifting for a few weeks. I've also bought:

Extra Strength Tylenol
A Body Pillow
Gauze Pads
Stool Softener
Prescriptions

Still very nervous - will try to post pics tonight.

I had my surgery on Friday (April 20). I took a...

I had my surgery on Friday (April 20). I took a quick glimpse of the results and it looks good, but I'm still in a lot of pain.

It's Monday and I'm feeling better after having...

It's Monday and I'm feeling better after having the surgery on Friday. I'm so glad I bought a body pillow. Getting in and out off bed has been the worst part for me but the body pillow was good to sleep with.

I don't have any drains, but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...lol... I'm going to take my first shower today so I'll get to have a good look at the tummy. I still haven't had a bm but I'll continue to take the stool softener, im not trying to force it...lol

Good Luck to all of you - who will have the surgery soon or who recently had it done. :-)

I almost wish they gave you psychological...

I almost wish they gave you psychological counseling before these major operations.

You really don't understand what you are doing to your body (and emotional well-being) until it's too late. It's been quite a rough ride. The absolute worst days were days 4, 5 and 6.

Today, day 10 - I do feel physically better. The only pain comes if I forget to take a Tylenol pill every 6 hours. The stomach is still both tender and numb and feels completely foreign. Can't help but think that I was just lazy and I should have seriously just worked out and kept my old body. It's hard to see the benefits at this point.

Today was my first day of work. I ate fruit throughout the day and actually didn't have any problems at the job.

It's good to have a place to write these things and interact with good folks. I haven't told anyone in my personal life about this surgery. People know I've had surgery for something but I don't plan to go into details. I'm happy I have this site.

Already started to see great improvement from the...

Already started to see great improvement from the scar therapy. I had no clue what that was about when I read other reviews on here so I thought I would explain a bit (from my experience):

There are many different types, but I use the “ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets”, regular price is $19.99 at CVS (but it’s sometimes on sale).

It has an adhesive that allows it to stick to your skin. You wash and dry it every day after use and it is supposed to be good for 7 days. Although sometimes it doesn’t last that long. There are 8 strips in this particular box.

During the weekdays I wear it for 12-15 hours. And during the weekend, I wear it for about 20 hours.

It is very effective, I see results already and it’s only been 7 days. It softens, then flattens and then reduces the appearance of the tummy scars.

Can’t wait until 4 weeks to see better results.
Dr. Terri Halperin

Dr. Halperin is very well qualified so I definitely felt like I was in good hands. The nurses on my surgery day were excellent as well. Dr. Halperin always answered my questions but I don't feel like I had enough time with her. I had a lot of questions, and I either asked her or did research.