Ready for a New Look! - Boston, MA

I've never had elected surgery before but I...

I've never had elected surgery before but I finally decided to research this and get it done. I'm excited but very anxious and a bit scared. I had my son when I was 17, I'm 33 now and ready to have a flat and stretch-mark free tummy! ** will post "before" pics soon

Two more days until to surgery! I have one more...

Two more days until to surgery! I have one more grocery run to do. I'm trying to stock up on the really heavy items like juices, water, etc so that I don't do any lifting for a few weeks. I've also bought:

Extra Strength Tylenol
A Body Pillow
Gauze Pads
Stool Softener
Prescriptions

Still very nervous - will try to post pics tonight.

I had my surgery on Friday (April 20). I took a...

I had my surgery on Friday (April 20). I took a quick glimpse of the results and it looks good, but I'm still in a lot of pain.
Goodluck and wishing you a speedy recovery!
I am glad to know you are on the flat side! I had my surgery on the 18th, a couple of days before u. How is your recovery going? I hope all is well. Take it day by day!

It's Monday and I'm feeling better after having...

It's Monday and I'm feeling better after having the surgery on Friday. I'm so glad I bought a body pillow. Getting in and out off bed has been the worst part for me but the body pillow was good to sleep with.

I don't have any drains, but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...lol... I'm going to take my first shower today so I'll get to have a good look at the tummy. I still haven't had a bm but I'll continue to take the stool softener, im not trying to force it...lol

Good Luck to all of you - who will have the surgery soon or who recently had it done. :-)
How r u feeling? Would love to see some after pics. Hope all is well.
Thank you so much. I'm feeling better now and trying to take it easy :-)
Thank you! And congrats to you as well!! I'm feeling a bit better now. I was in alot of pain for the past 2 days but its subsiding. How are you holding up?

I almost wish they gave you psychological...

I almost wish they gave you psychological counseling before these major operations.

You really don't understand what you are doing to your body (and emotional well-being) until it's too late. It's been quite a rough ride. The absolute worst days were days 4, 5 and 6.

Today, day 10 - I do feel physically better. The only pain comes if I forget to take a Tylenol pill every 6 hours. The stomach is still both tender and numb and feels completely foreign. Can't help but think that I was just lazy and I should have seriously just worked out and kept my old body. It's hard to see the benefits at this point.

Today was my first day of work. I ate fruit throughout the day and actually didn't have any problems at the job.

It's good to have a place to write these things and interact with good folks. I haven't told anyone in my personal life about this surgery. People know I've had surgery for something but I don't plan to go into details. I'm happy I have this site.
Omg! Looks sooooooo good!!! The binder is a pain in the ass in the beginning but now at 5 weeks post op I'm kinda addicted to mine! It really helps! Happy healing!
Thanks so much! Yeah, I agree...the binder just became a part of my life...lol..Happy Healing to you as well! :-)
looking good.

Already started to see great improvement from the...

Already started to see great improvement from the scar therapy. I had no clue what that was about when I read other reviews on here so I thought I would explain a bit (from my experience):

There are many different types, but I use the “ScarAway Silicone Scar Sheets”, regular price is $19.99 at CVS (but it’s sometimes on sale).

It has an adhesive that allows it to stick to your skin. You wash and dry it every day after use and it is supposed to be good for 7 days. Although sometimes it doesn’t last that long. There are 8 strips in this particular box.

During the weekdays I wear it for 12-15 hours. And during the weekend, I wear it for about 20 hours.

It is very effective, I see results already and it’s only been 7 days. It softens, then flattens and then reduces the appearance of the tummy scars.

Can’t wait until 4 weeks to see better results.
Wow! You look great!!!!
You look great! I'm due for surgery in 2 days and reading your updates made me a little nervous. What do you mean about psychological counseling?
Hi daniela326! The procedure is a bit of a rollercoaster. When I wrote that I was feeling very low and felt that I shouldn’t have been so lazy and should have just exercised and gotten into shape that way. It is painful and at about 5 days after, you really question “why did I do this to myself”, not too mention you now have a permanent scar. I do however, feel much better about the procedure & process. I didn’t have any major complications and I am healing well. I think what really helped was that I kept a ‘picture diary’. I took many pictures to track the changes and that helped me a lot, because I could visually see the changes and feel good about the decision. The scar therapy has done wonders as well. I don’t want to scare you because I think it was 100% worth it! I’m feeling positive and just thinking about how I will fit into new clothes is exciting. I think it’s normal too question your decision and too go through moments of doubt and sadness. I hope you have a good support system and help lined up :-)

Good luck too you! I know everything will go well. I’ll check out your page in a few days to see how you are doing :-)
Dr. Terri Halperin

Dr. Halperin is very well qualified so I definitely felt like I was in good hands. The nurses on my surgery day were excellent as well. Dr. Halperin always answered my questions but I don't feel like I had enough time with her. I had a lot of questions, and I either asked her or did research.